Chapter 2

Begin Again

Part II (continuation from Part I but this time, it’s on Wheesun)

 

Jung Wheein couldn’t sleep. The couple was at it all night long and the walls were pretty thin. Wheein was left bothered and she was really annoyed in the morning. The couple was having their breakfast in the kitchen.

 

“Good morning, Wheein!”

 

Wheein deduced Jessica had the most satisfying in her whole lifetime. She looked so fresh and wide-awake.

 

“Hello, kiddo!”

 

Wheein rolled her eyes at Yoona.

 

“Did we disturb you last night?”

 

“Oh, you knew.”

 

“I’m sorry. I just got too excited. Jessica was here in a flesh.”

 

“Yoona! Stop it! You’re embarrassing me!”

 

Jessica unnie’s face was redden. Wheein chuckled softly. Geez, this couple was annoying.

 

“You can get back to sleep. I’m giving you an off day. I’m taking Jessica for a tour around Singapore.”

 

Yoona suddenly spoke up. Wheein was taken aback at first but slowly got excited at the idea of not going to work.

 

“REALLY?!”

 

“Yes, you can join us if you want to.”

 

“And basking in your romance? No way!”

 

“You sure? Won’t you be bored at home?”

 

“I have So and Shi with me. I’ll be fine.”

 

“Sure, we will see you tonight.”

 

Wheein nodded like a child. The prospect of having the whole house to herself was perfect. The couple left an hour later; leaving the two pets with Wheein. Wheein was fine with both.

 

Honestly, Wheein loves animals. She loves all sorts of shapes and sizes but of course, the creeper ones would not be on top of her list. Shi adores Wheein. So is crazy when Wheein plays with him.

 

The trio spent quality time together; Wheein even brought them out. So was on the leash; Shi was in her cat bag; peering out her face from the plastic frame. Everyone was happy. Wheein was especially in a good mood since she was given a day off on a Monday.

 

As usual, Wheein’s favorite place would be the pet store. She loves to buy snacks for the two babies. Yoona was exasperated when Wheein returned with boxes of cat and dog snacks. They were still stored in the cabinet. Wheein had to control her buying.

 

“Ooh, they have new ones!”

 

Wheein was visibly excited; So was barking happily and Shi mewed in her cat bag. They somehow knew Wheein was holding on to their favorite brand of snacks. Just then, So started barking excessively.

 

“So, what’s wrong?”

 

Wheein turned to her side to find another dog busily sniffing So’s . Wheein was tickled by that gross act but dogs did that all the time.

 

“Jing! Stop doing that! You’re a girl, for god sake!”

 

Wheein recognized that voice. She trembled as she slowly turned. Her eyes grew so big that they could pop out of their sockets any time.

 

KIM YONGSUN!? WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING HERE?! ARENT SHE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE OFFICE? WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

 

Wheein was panicking. She wondered if she could just turn invisible and blend in with the atmosphere but of course, she couldn’t. She should have pick up Yoona’s idea to buy that invisible cloak from Canada. She laughed at Yoona initially but now she wished she had.

 

“Oh, Wheein-shi!”

 

So much for being wishy-washy. She should have just quietly left the place. But no, she stood there wishing she had the invisible cloak and allowed Yongsun to find out that she was here. Great.

 

“Miss Kim!”

 

“Miss Kim? What’s with the formality? Call me Yongsun unnie.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“We’re not in the office now, Wheein-shi.”

 

“Oh right. That’s right. But what are you doing here? Today is Monday, isn’t it?”

 

“Yes it is, but I’m having the sniffles and mild fever. I took medical leave today.”

 

“Oh, you’re sick?”

 

“Yeah, sometimes I just need to rest for a bit. But I forgot. So, I worked till I fell sick like this.”

 

Wheein was feeling sorry for Yongsun. She has nobody to look after her. Well, she could be the one but this chicken just couldn’t open . She couldn’t even maintain a proper conversation with Yongsun.

 

“Are you sick too?”

 

“Ah, no. Yoona unnie gave me a day off. She’s off somewhere with her girlfriend.”

 

“Girlfriend??”

 

Wheein slapped her forehead. What the heck, Wheein!?

 

“She has a girlfriend? Since when?”

 

“Since yesterday.”

 

“OH MY GOD! SHE NAILED IT! IS THE WOMAN’S NAME JESSICA JUNG?!”

 

Wheein nodded timidly. She’s dead meat. Yoona would want to kill her this time. She wasn’t too sure if Yoona wanted the whole to know.

 

“That’s great! I’m so happy for her!”

 

“You do? Do you know Yoona unnie well?”

 

Yongsun bit her lip. Damn, Wheein is unaware of her relationship with Yoona. She shook her head but quickly explained.

 

“Well, we are colleagues. Once in awhile she would share with me some things.”

 

“What things?”

 

“Her personal stuff.”

 

“Oh okay.”

 

“Say, do you want to eat lunch with me? I’m alone and I think my dog is in love with yours.”

 

Yongsun gestured to the two dogs; sitting next to each other like as though they were in love. Wheein eyed So for a second and then realize maybe this was a chance for her to get closer with Yongsun. She would thank So later.

 

Yongsun realized Wheein was carrying a cat in a bag. She pointed to the cat.

 

“This is yours as well?”

 

“Actually, both belongs to Yoona unnie. I’m just taking care of them.”

 

“Oh, you’re not only a personal assistant. You’re a babysitter to her babies too.”

 

“Well, we live together so it’s fine with me.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Wheein slapped . Sheesh, now Yongsun is going to get the wrong idea. She was about to explain but Yongsun just shrugged it away.

 

“Moonbyul lives with me too. She has been staying with me since college years.”

 

This time, Wheein was jealous and heartbroken. Could it be true that the two of them are seeing each other?

 

“And no, we’re not together in that sense. Moonbyul has been my best friend since we were in college. We love to hang out with each other until we decided to stay together.”

 

Yongsun offered a smile but Wheein was still heartbroken. They might be friends, but they are so close that people could mistaken them as lovers. Nevertheless, she still followed Yongsun to a nearby bistro. Yongsun even paid for the pets’ treats despite Wheein’s insistence of not to. They settled down and Shi was getting annoyed inside her bag. Wheein asked for permission from the bistro manager; they were cool with it if the cat won’t roam around the place.

 

Wheein placed Shi on her lap; the cat settled down as quickly as she could. Shi was not the type of cat who would roam around. She was more of the lazy cat who would prefer to sit on her owner’s lap.

 

“She seems cozy with you.”

 

Yongsun was watching Wheein as she gently caressed the cat’s fur with her hand. Shi was purring like crazy. Honestly, Shi prefers Wheein. Because Wheein knows how to treat the cat like a queen.

 

“She’s my daughter. So is Yoona unnie’s son. They have their own preference.”

 

Wheein glanced down to witness So’s gentle nudging on Jing’s face. The two dogs were comfortable with one another.

 

“So, did you ask her mommy’s permission?”

 

“It’s okay. My dog sniffed his . She’s such a straightforward dog. Pardon me.”

 

“Nah, it’s okay. So is good with other animals. He and Shi are best friends. But I think Shi is ignoring him now.”

 

So was on his feet; nudging Shi in her stomach. But the cat didn’t care. She just glared at him back. So was getting restless. It felt like he was worried that his best friend would get mad at him.

 

“So, Shi needs some rest. I don’t think she’s mad at you.”

 

But So was adamant to get Shi to snuggle with him. Shi relented and his face a couple of times before turning away. That was good enough; So felt acknowledged and went back to Jing.

 

“Wow, he needs his best friend’s permission huh?”

 

Yongsun was amused. Wheein nodded and both women laughed. The two of them talked more about their pets and didn’t realized it was already 2 hours since they spotted each other. Yongsun looked a little sleepy; she took her medications after lunch earlier on. And Wheein was worried that she probably needed some rest.

 

“Let’s get home. You look sleepy.”

 

“Damn these medications. They are making me drowsy.”

 

“I’ll send you home.”

 

“It’s okay. I drove here.”

 

“Then let me drive you home.”

 

“Are you sure, Wheein? Then how are you going to get home later?”

 

“I’ll have my way. Come on, let’s go. Where did you park your car?”

 

Yongsun showed the way after they made payment for lunch. This time, Wheein paid for it. They walked together towards the carpark and Yongsun pointed her car out. Wheein’s jaw dropped.

 

God damn it. It’s a 2017 Maserati Quattroporte!

 

“Here the car keys.”

 

Yongsun passed it to her and Wheein helped her to get into the car properly. She settled the pets at the back seat; So was incredibly excited but thankfully, Jing managed to calm him down. Shi was curious too; she kept peering out of her plastic frame but settled down quickly.

 

Once Wheein has put them in place and ensured their safety; she then walked over to the driver seat. She turned to look at Yongsun; the lady has fallen asleep.

 

She must be tired. Wheein sighed. Then she noticed Yongsun has not worn her seat belt. Wheein was having a panic attack within herself.

 

“Should I put it on for her? Or should I just drive slowly? But this is a front passenger seat and it’s a law to wear safety belt. Yikes, what should I do?!”

 

Wheein mumbled to herself as she procrastinated as to what she should do. Eventually, after 5 mins later, she decided to help Yongsun with the belt.

 

She leaned closer; heart thumping like crazy; she bit her lower lip as she edged closer towards Yongsun. She grabbed the belt and gently pulled it over the sleeping lady. Wheein was praying hard not to wake Yongsun up but her eyes caught Yongsun’s lips.

 

. Not now, heart! Not now!

 

But her hands trembled as her eyes kept staring at Yongsun’s lips. God, that luscious lips. Wheein wanted to kiss Yongsun so badly.

 

WOOF! WOOF!

 

Wheein was awakened by a bark. She looked over her shoulders; Jing was staring at her. Her eyes were saying something along this line.

 

Okay, back off lady. That’s my master.

 

Seems like Jing wasn’t too happy with Wheein. Wheein apologized and quickly pulled the belt and got it locked safely. She felt stupid apologizing to a dog, but she almost did a stupid thing.

 

But then something else happened. Wheein stared at the steering wheel.

 

“Okay, where does she stay?”

 

Wheein almost wanted to kill herself for being stupid.

 

-

 

Moonbyul met up with her girlfriend, Seulgi. She was waiting for her girlfriend at her office. Just then, she received a text from Yongsun.

 

I’m sick. Not coming to work.

 

Moonbyul replied and then put her phone away. She wasn’t worried much about Yongsun. She’s a capable woman with a lot of sense but sometimes she can be a clumsy klutz and acting silly when she is drunk. Yongsun gets drunk with just a sip of any alcoholic drinks.

 

That’s how weak Yongsun is. And Moonbyul is protective of her dear friend. Yongsun has been broken-hearted a lot of times. It hurts Moonbyul each time she sees Yongsun hating herself because of her broken relationships. It was not her fault for most of it. Her ex-girlfriends just grew tired of her.

 

Yongsun is a perfectionist. She’s a professional and will work hard for anything that she wants to achieve. She’s a hard-core lawyer and has won every case that she took on so far. Her assistant, Chorong is a good paralegal. She has helped Yongsun a lot.

 

But Chorong couldn’t help much with Yongsun’s relationships. Chorong knew her boss would get heart-broken so she would always be on standby for her if it happens. Lucky for Chorong, her girlfriend is understanding.

 

While waiting for Seulgi, she spotted Chorong with her girlfriend. She waved at her. Chorong acknowledged her and walked over.

 

“Hey, Byulyi!”

 

“Hi Chorong; hi Hayoung!!”

 

“Yongsun is not here today.”

 

“I know. I’m waiting for Seulgi. Is Yongsun okay?”

 

“She said she’s having sniffles and will be on medical leave for 2 days. You might want to visit her later. I’m planning to drop by at her place with dinner after work.”

 

“Ah, then I’ll go with you. I will bring Seulgi along.”

 

“Sure, drop me a text later.”

 

Moonbyul nodded and the 2 women went on their way. Seulgi came few minutes later and they went out to have lunch. Seulgi used to be Yoona’s ex-personal assistant but she quit her job after Yoona decided to come over to Singapore. Seulgi didn’t want to work away from her family and friends until she met Moonbyul.

 

Moonbyul works in another firm. She’s an architect. And she gets to travel a lot. Seulgi met her over coffee when she followed her new boss to the meeting. Moonbyul was helping her boss out to design her new place.

 

Seulgi was smitten with Moonbyul; the woman was handsome. Ironic? No, it’s not for Moonbyul. She’s an epitome of a “girl crush”. A lot of women have fallen for her but Moonbyul was a little peculiar sometimes. Those women never seem to get Yongsun’s permission much to their chagrin. Seulgi was skeptical too. She thought Yongsun was too close to Moonbyul for comfort.

 

But not until Yongsun herself went up to have a good talk with her.

 

“Moonbyul is someone special in my life. We are best friends; soul mates whatever you call it. But we can never be lovers. We know too much of each other; way too much. However, we love each other so much that we tend to get overpowering sometimes. But I like you. You have never shown any aggression towards me, but I know you’re a little worried about me, right?”

 

“I am, actually.”

 

“Don’t worry, Moonbyul loves you. I’m just her side-kick. And I have told her I approved you. Some sort. You can treat me like your older sister. And I promise you, we will never go overboard with our relationship.”

 

That’s why Seulgi put her trust on Moonbyul and Yongsun. Yongsun sometimes lent her listening ear if the couple had some problems. Moonbyul would always get an earful from Yongsun because of her excessive jealousy and egoism. Yes, that woman has it.

 

They were in a cab. It was faster and easier to get around during lunch time. Parking could be a hassle if Moonbyul drove her car. While in the cab, Moonbyul was busily texting Yongsun. Seulgi was in her own world.

 

Moonbyul then turned to look at her girlfriend. She knows Seulgi can get a little overzealous if she talks to Yongsun too much but she is also aware how much patience Seulgi has for her.

 

She reached out and took Seulgi’s hand in hers. Seulgi glanced down to their linked hands.

 

“Yongsun unnie is sick. And I was texting her. I told her we would come over tonight to visit her. Chorong and Hayoung are tagging along.”

 

“Oh, she’s sick? What does she have?”

 

“Some sniffles. She has been working too hard on the case.”

 

“Okay, but I have something on tonight. I promise Wendy that I’ll be helping her out with her new furniture.”

 

Moonbyul pouted her lips. Wendy was Seulgi’s ex-girlfriend before her.

 

“We will be having dinner with Yoona unnie.”

 

Moonbyul suddenly relaxed.

 

“You’re still jealous of Wendy?”

 

“I’m trying not to.”

 

“I’m not jealous of you and Yongsun unnie.”

 

Moonbyul bit her lip. Ok, guilty. Seulgi has tolerated her a lot so she knew she had to trust her girlfriend.

 

“Is Wendy seeing anyone?”

 

“Irene Bae.”

 

“HEH?!”

 

Irene Bae is Moonbyul’s boss. What a small world.

 

“Wait, Wendy is dating my boss. Does my boss know about my relationship with Wendy?!”

 

“Nah, Wendy is quite tight-lipped about this. We are all adults now. There’s no need to share so much. If Irene unnie comes to know, then we will just explain ourselves.”

 

“Irene is quite intimidating. Wendy is a tough cookie.”

 

“And I’m not?”

 

“Seulgi, you’re different. You’re soft, gentle, tender and silly.”

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes but nevertheless gave Moonbyul a soft kiss on her lips. So much for loving this person. She could always get away with her aegyo sometimes.

 

“And Yoona unnie has something to share with me. That ex-boss of mine is probably going to screw me for not following her here but instead I followed you to Singapore.”

 

“And you ended up working for Kwon Yuri, her arch-rival and followed her to Singapore because of me. You’re so dead, baby.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

-

 

Yongsun was slowly waking up from her slumber. She couldn’t stay awake because the medication was made to knock her off. She had to tear herself away from the dreamy state to reality. She opened her eyes slowly. She looked around her surroundings.

 

White walls; white fan; single size bed; so many soft toys all around and paintings on the wall – Yongsun doesn’t remember her room to be like this. This is not her room.

 

She sat up almost immediately but soon a wave of headache swarming her brain. She winced in pain.

 

“Yongsun unnie!”

 

She turned to her side; Wheein was on the chair; she leapt forward to touch Yongsun’s forehead. Yongsun stared at her.

 

“Are you okay? You’re feeling better? You were so warm earlier on; I had to dap your forehead with an iced towel. Let me check your temperature.”

 

Wheein turned to grab a thermometer. Yongsun was still staring at her. Her heart was beating like mad. She looked down at her arm; Wheein was holding on to her gently. The younger woman quickly took her temperature and sighed in relief when it went back to the normal temperature.

 

“You scared me earlier on. I had to struggle to get you out of your car. Your forehead was scorching hot and when I took your temperature, it was almost 38.7 degrees.”

 

Wheein’s eyes softened. She was worried. She was extremely worried for Yongsun. And Yongsun felt bad that she had to trouble Wheein while she was sick.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You must be terrified.”

 

“Ah, I’m okay. I’m used to take care of people. Yoona unnie used to get drunk and got sick the next day.”

 

“You’re close to Yoona?”

 

“I stay here with her. And she’s my boss. It’s natural that we got closer.”

 

Yongsun finally realize where she was. She looked around; curiously.

 

“Is this your room?”

 

“Oh, yeah! That’s right. I’m sorry. I don’t have any idea where you live. So, I brought you back to my apartment. I hope it’s okay.”

 

“Is it inconvenient for you?”

 

“Not really. I paid for rental despite Yoona unnie insisted that I should not. I mean, I want to have a place for myself. Yoona unnie paid for everything including the utilities and groceries. I cannot be doing nothing. I offered to pay at least ¼ of the rental.”

 

“Not half?”

 

“Yoona unnie refused to take it. We settled for ¼ of the total rental.”

 

Wheein rolled her eyes and Yongsun chuckled softly. She already knew about it. Yoona has always been a nice person. Yongsun knew it since their university days. She was thankful to Yoona for taking care of Wheein so well.

 

“Are you hungry? I think it’s almost time for you to take your medication. I’ll warm up the porridge for you.”

 

“Can I follow you to the kitchen? I think I will feel better if I have some air.”

 

“Is my room stuffy?”

 

“No, it’s not that. I just wanted to walk around. I feel stronger now.”

 

Wheein nodded and smiled widely. Yongsun’s heart skipped a beat. Gosh, Yoona unnie is so lucky. She got to see Wheein every single day.

 

Nevertheless, she followed Wheein to the kitchen. Her Jing was with So and Shi. The three of them were just chilling out in the balcony.

 

“I hope Jing is not giving you trouble.”

 

“Oh no, she doesn’t. She has been good. Seems like she enjoys So’s company.”

 

Wheein moved around the kitchen swiftly. It smelt good and Yongsun’s mouth watered instantly. It has been long since she had home-cooked food. It was really a pleasure to have the bowl of abalone porridge cooked by the woman she likes.

 

“Here, come sit. I will get your medicine from your bag.”

 

Yongsun nodded and Wheein disappeared into her room. Yongsun looked around; the kitchen was a little too small, but it was cozy. She took a spoonful of the porridge; it was delicious.

 

Yongsun smiled to herself; and mentally ticked the “COOKING” off from her “girlfriend” list. She has always wanted a girlfriend who can cook and Wheein cooks well. She fits her criteria.

 

“How is it?”

 

“It’s good. You can cook well.”

 

“I learn from Yoona unnie. She cooks better than me.”

 

“Oh. Is that right?”

 

“I want to learn a lot of things from Yoona unnie. She has this perfect girlfriend material. Jessica unnie is really lucky to have her.”

 

Yongsun pouted her lips. She was not as good as Yoona. She can’t cook for god’s sake. Moonbyul had to cook for her all the time. Wheein went on and talked about Yoona’s good sides. Seems like Yoona is Wheein’s type of girlfriend. Yongsun was not close to that qualities.

 

“You seem to like Yoona a lot.”

 

Yongsun tried to hide her jealousy but she failed. It was taunting to hear Wheein talks about Yoona most of the time.

 

“Huh? Me?”

 

“Yeah, you talk about Yoona a lot.”

 

“Nah, it’s not like that. It’s just that Yoona unnie has been taking care of me ever since we arrived in Singapore. I’m new to everything here; she told me to follow her lead. I’m just glad I have Yoona unnie as my boss and my mentor.”

 

“So, you don’t harbor any romantic feelings towards her?”

 

“No, please! She’s too perfect to be my girlfriend.”

 

Yongsun was confused. Yoona seems to be a perfect girlfriend. She burrowed her eyebrows together; staring at Wheein for answers. And Wheein understood that look.

 

“Well, I’m a clumsy klutz. First, I’m still a kid.”

 

“You’re 24, Wheein.”

 

“Yoona unnie is the most powerful lawyer in our firm. She has won more than 20 cases just being in this industry for 8 years. Her authority is bigger than anyone else in this office. Even Kwon Yuri couldn’t disobey her.”

 

“Sometimes they bicker.”

 

“They are both weird psychos. I mean they are good friends but when it comes to work, they are so competitive.”

 

“Yoona can get really playful though.”

 

“Okay, yes. That is the only thing that is fun about her.”

 

Yongsun was amused.

 

“I don’t have romantic feelings for Yoona unnie. And we both somehow drew the line when we stayed together in this apartment. And Yoona unnie has someone she likes. I have someone else in mind.”

 

Suddenly Wheein’s eyes grew larger. Was she sharing too much? While Wheein was panicking; Yongsun was curious. So, Wheein doesn’t like Yoona in that sense. Yongsun smiled to herself; biting her lower lip. She knew Wheein likes her but she still went on to ask the poor girl.

 

“You have someone else in mind?”

 

Wheein didn’t answer. She was going nuts in her seat; wondering what she should say. She was not going to reveal her true feelings for Yongsun yet. It was just too weird to do so.

 

“I mean, we all have someone else in mind, right? Like an ideal girlfriend or something.”

 

“You do? Who is it?”

 

Yongsun really wanted to know. And Wheein was dying inside. You, Kim Yongsun. You’re my ideal girlfriend.

 

“Ruby Rose.”

 

Okay, Wheein. You’re ing lying to yourself. But Yongsun does resemble her now; especially in her ing hot short bob.

 

“Oh.”

 

Yongsun was perplexed. She was nothing to Ruby Rose. That woman has charisma. The conversation ended as that. Wheein wasn’t too sure if she was revealing too much but Yongsun kept quiet at the end.

 

Was she offended or was she thinking how Jung Wheein was dreaming too much?

 

While Yongsun kept thinking how she could be like Ruby Rose. She wanted to be someone Jung Wheein likes. She wants to be Jung Wheein’s ideal girlfriend. But how?

 

How the hell was she going to be Ruby Rose?

 

-

 

“We’re here!”

 

Yongsun opened the door and grabbed the 3 ladies in. Moonbyul, Chorong and Hayoung were stunned with her reaction.

 

“Woah, what’s up?”

 

“Boss, you okay? Why do you look so panicky?”

 

“Yongsun unnie, are you still running a temperature?”

 

But Yongsun just sat them down on the sofa abruptly; the 3 women almost fell on each other. Moonbyul rolled her eyes.

 

“What’s with the rush? Are you okay?”

 

“Moonbyul, do I look like Ruby Rose?”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Chorong was amused and Hayoung was lost. But she decided to keep shut. Yongsun can be very bizarre sometimes.

 

“What’s with Ruby Rose, Boss? Why are you so obsessed with this woman?”

 

“Wheein likes Ruby Rose.”

 

The three women finally understood Yongsun’s panicking mode. But Moonbyul was curious as to how she knew.

 

“Yoona unnie told you that?”

 

“No, Wheein herself.”

 

“How the hell did you get to talk to her?”

 

“I saw her today. She kinda took me back to her apartment and took care of me.”

 

“WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Moonbyul was absolutely surprised; Chorong was delighted and Hayoung was just staring into space. She could never get used to her girlfriend’s boss and her boss’s best friend. They were like a comedic duo.

 

“Ah, so you took advantage of her while you’re sick.”

 

“Chorong, don’t put it that way. I didn’t. It was never my intention. I just saw her at the pet shop and then one thing led to another.”

 

“And she took care of you?!”

 

“Yes, Moonbyul. Why are you so excited?”

 

“UNNIE, YOU’RE A STEP CLOSER TO YOUR CRUSH!”

 

“Yes, I am but my crush likes Ruby Rose.”

 

“Doesn’t she like you?”

 

Hayoung finally spoke up. She knew one thing or two. Chorong shared with her before.

 

“Yeah, that’s right. Doesn’t she have this huge crush on you or something?”

 

“She said she likes girls who are like Ruby Rose. I’m nowhere there.”

 

“You’re somewhere there.”

 

Hayoung spoke up again. The other 3 looked at her; curiously. The other two tried to figure whether Hayoung was telling the truth or spouting rubbish. Moonbyul gave up and spoke her mind like she always did. The density of Moon Byulyi is unspeakable.

 

“Which part of Yongsun unnie is like Ruby Rose? Please do not insult Ruby Rose.”

 

“Ya, thanks for being supportive.”

 

“It’s being realistic.”

 

“Shut up, Moonbyul.”

 

Chorong had to stop the two best friends from going at each other. But Hayoung was observing Yongsun since just now. She had to speak her mind somehow.

 

“Well, Yongsun unnie’s hair looks like Ruby Rose.”

 

Chorong did a second take and looked at Yongsun carefully. She finally saw the resemblance. Then she stood up and shook Yongsun’s arm violently. Yongsun was startled.

 

“BOSS, SHE’S HINTING TO YOU!”

 

“WHAT?!? YA! STOP SHAKING ME!”

 

Chorong grabbed her mirror and shoved it to Yongsun’s face. Moonbyul was staring into the mirror as well. She finally got the picture.

 

“UNNIE! RUBY ROSE = YOU!”

 

“What the hell are the two of you talking about?”

 

“Look at your face.”

 

“Where?”
 

“In the mirror, Unnie. You dumb.”

 

Yongsun rolled her eyes but listened anyway. Yongsun had the urge to cut her hair short. She just wanted a new look. Everyone complimented her and told her she was looking as hot as ever. Yoona even told her she wanted to sleep with Yongsun. Yongsun almost killed her.

 

Finally, Yongsun understood Wheein’s words. Wheein was talking about her all the while. That someone she likes is Kim Yongsun.

 

Yongsun felt dumb. God, she felt stupid. She already knew Wheein likes her; and now Wheein has already indirectly confessed to her.

 

“Unnie, do it. Confess to her. Just do it.”

 

“Yeah, Boss. Just do it. Stop beating about the bush. And you, Moonbyul, stop playing with Wheein. You and Yoona unnie are the worst ones.”

 

“Hey, we’re helping a lot okay? Yongsun unnie is the dumb one. She could have confessed while Wheein was taking care of her.”

 

“Shut up. You don’t have to remind me.”

 

-

 

“What’s with that face?”

 

Yoona was finally home with Jessica. Dinner was ready to be served. Wheein was being hardworking today.

 

“There’s dinner?!”

 

“What? It was already good enough that I cooked your share.”

 

“Wheein, what happened? You only cook for special occasion.”

 

Damn this Unnie. She knows too much.

 

“Yoona, stop disturbing her. Be thankful we have dinner at home.”

 

Ah, Jessica unnie is more sensitive.

 

“I’m not buying this. She must have done something.”

 

“Yoona unnie, can you pretend not to know me that well?”

 

“I can’t. I know you too well.”

 

“Geez.”

 

Yoona then sat Wheein down at the sofa while Jessica was busy in the kitchen. Yoona waited patiently for Wheein to speak up. The young lady would take plenty of encouragement to speak out her mind. Wheein smiled awkwardly. Should she tell Yoona the truth?

 

“Is everything okay?”

 

Yoona was so concerned about her. It compelled Wheein to speak up. She couldn’t let Yoona worry for her. After all, Yoona took good care of her. She told her the truth.

 

“I looked after Yongsun unnie.”

 

“HUH?!”

 

“Okay cut things short. We met at the pet shop; had lunch but Yongsun unnie was sick so I offered to drive her home. But she fell asleep the moment she entered the car and I don’t know where she stays so I took her home.”

 

Wheein bit her lower lip. It felt like she had done something wrong and her Mommy was going to screw her up. But instead, she saw Yoona grinning like a Cheshire cat. She rolled her eyes.

 

“I don’t like it when you grin like that. You look so creepy.”

 

“So, did you manage to confess to her?”

 

“CONFESS WHAT?!”

 

“That you like her?”

 

“UNNIE, NO! OF COURSE NOT!”

 

Wheein’s eyes grew larger; she was horrified at Yoona’s suggestion. How could she do that?!

 

“Why not?”

 

“She’s sick, Unnie. You don’t take advantage of a sick person.”

 

“Did you bed her?”

 

“UNNIE!”

 

“What? Taking advantage means you sleep with the person.”

 

“Do you think I’m brave enough to do that?”

 

“No. You let her go just like that.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

Wheein was defeated. She wanted to pull her hair. She could have confessed but how the heck she was going to do that. It was not that simple. She sighed.

 

Yoona was amused. But she pulled Wheein closer and hugged her tightly. She wanted to say more but she couldn’t. She knew she had done her part. But she wondered if she should nudge Wheein more. Or perhaps she could come after Kim Yongsun since she knows a lot about Wheein before even Wheein could confess to her.

 

“Silly kid. Take your time. Things like this need a lot of encouragement. You can do it.”

 

“Unnie, how did you confess to Jessica unnie?”

 

Yoona didn’t get to answer. Jessica beat her to it.

 

“She didn’t confess. She just did things to touch my heart.”

 

Jessica joined the girls; she overheard their conversation. While making her way towards Wheein, she eyed Yoona for the longest time. She was warning her not to hurt Wheein further. Yoona nodded. She knew what to do.

 

But Wheein was unaware of the whole saga. She innocently asked.

 

“Did things?”

 

“Yeah, she knew I was hurting from my failed marriage. My ex-husband hit me, and she couldn’t stand it anymore. So, she took a day off; whisked me off to the country side, and even sent dinner to my ex-husband so that I wouldn’t need to care about him.”

 

Yoona smiled as Jessica came next to her; she sat on Yoona’s lap. Wheein was just staring at them stupidly and full of envy.

 

“But I hurt her. She took care of me; making sure that I was healing from my broken heart. I knew then, I was in love with her. And she loves me more than her own life. But I chose to break it. So, few years passed, and I stupidly let this woman go.”

 

“But you got her now.”

 

Wheein smiled sincerely. As much as she was envious; she was touched and happy for Yoona and Jessica.

 

“Yes, I am. She’s my woman now. But Wheein ah, love comes naturally. If you really like this Yongsun lady; then make it work.”

 

“But she’s so hot. I mean, just look at her. She’s sophisticated; mature and beautiful. She’s meant for those women with the same caliber as her. She’s so charismatic. So delicate and so smart. I saw her in the court before; she was so outspoken.”

 

“You have a full admiration of her.”

 

“Yes, I do but look at me. I’m just a paralegal.”

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. She knocked Wheein’s forehead. The younger woman winced in pain. Jessica laughed but chided Yoona for doing that.

 

“She’s still young, baby.”

 

“She needs more confidence than that. You’re equally good, Wheein. You’re as good as Seulgi. You’re capable of handling my work. I enjoy working with you.”

 

“You do?! I thought you’re just bullying me!”

 

Yoona was exasperated. She rolled her eyes and sighed in defeat.

 

“Yeah, she’s a kid, alright.”

 

“What! I’m just saying!”

 

“Okay, okay. Enough of bickering. Wheein ah, I think you’re more than just a young lady. For you to work in a lawyer’s office with this woman here; you’re as good as anyone else. Everyone knows how Yoona works. She’s competitive.”

 

“Tell me about it. Seulgi unnie wants to kill them all the time.”

 

“Hey, Yuri is equally competitive.”

 

“Yes, the two of you are equally chodings too.”

 

Yoona pouted her lips; as Wheein complained about her to Jessica. But she watched as Jessica took Wheein’s hands and clutched them tightly with hers. She was glad Jessica was here tonight. Jessica was the better talker among the two.

 

And Wheein needed tender loving care before she could speak up her mind freely. Jessica was good at that.

 

“I heard about you a lot from Yoona today. And I’m convinced that you’re as good as Im Yoona. You are meticulous; very innovative and took initiative for things that Yoona probably overlooked sometimes. This girlfriend of mine talks highly of you. And Yongsun, she’s a human being too. She may be like a goddess to you but to everyone else, she’s just a normal person.”

 

“What if she likes someone else? Or she has someone in mind?”

 

“Did you ask her?”

 

“No. I’m afraid to get my heart broken.”

 

“I know it’s difficult, but you know something, if you confess your heart; even if it’s painful; at least you won’t have regrets later on.”

 

“So, you think the same as Yoona unnie? That I should tell Yongsun unnie the truth?”

 

“Uh huh. Just tell her. Let her know your heart. You will never know. Maybe she wants you too.”

 

That was a subtle hint from Jessica. But of course, Jung Wheein was as blur as a sotong. It might not get to her. Meanwhile Yoona was texting Kim Yongsun.

 

A big war ensued in their chat room.

 

YOU WOMAN, HOW DARE YOU COME TO MY PLACE AND SEDUCE MY LITTLE SISTER!
 

I DIDN’T! SHE TOOK ME HOME ON HER OWN ACCORD.

 

AND WHY DIDN’T YOU CONFESS TO HER, YOU DIMWIT!

 

I WAS BLINDED BY LOVE! SHE SAID SHE LIKES RUBY ROSE! I WAS SO HEARTBROKEN!

 

AND YOU BELIEVE HER?!

 

OKAY FINE! I STUPID CAN?!

 

YOU BETTER CONFESS TO HER! BEFORE I INTRO HER TO SOMEONE ELSE!

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

 

And the conversation went on and on. Kim Yongsun was attacked by all her friends. She knew she needed to confess to Wheein soon.

 

-

 

 

Seulgi was on the way to meet Yoona. Wendy was with her. They took too long to clear out Wendy’s place, so they ended up meeting Yoona for supper. The lady suggested a place near Wendy’s house.

 

They finally found the little restaurant that was opened for tteokbokki. Wendy was the first to rush in; followed by Seulgi but Yoona was nowhere in sight.

 

“Are you sure this is the place?”

 

“Yeah, this is the place. The only place that sells tteokbokki near my house.”

 

“Let’s walk around. Maybe Yoona unnie is sitting inside.”

 

The two ladies walked around and then Seulgi spotted someone familiar. She was surprised to see Jessica sitting at the corner of the little restaurant.

 

“SICA UNNIE!”

 

She screamed out her name and Jessica looked up to find Seulgi waving and smiling at her. She gestured her to come over.

 

“Sica unnie? Jessica Jung?”

 

“Yeah, the lady that broke Yoona unnie’s heart.”

 

“What is she doing here?”

 

“She’s my girlfriend now.”

 

Out of sudden, Yoona appeared behind them. Seulgi was glad to see her; while Wendy; she was a little apprehensive. Yoona knew about their break-up and she wasn’t thrilled about it back then.

 

“Wendy Son, you’re here too.”

 

“Hi Yoona-nim.”

 

“Unnie, stop disturbing her. We broke up mutually.”

 

“She was the one who got scared of me. I didn’t do anything to her.”

 

“Unnie, you may look like a deer, but you would be a tiger once you get mad.”

 

“If I should get mad, it would have been because of you. You broke my heart when I saw you with Yuri a month ago!”

 

“I… I had no choice. Moonbyul was coming over to Singapore for work and Yuri unnie was looking for a secretary. And you already had Wheein working for you.”

 

“Still, I’m broken-hearted.”

 

“Geez, don’t make me weak. You know how soft-hearted I can get because of you!”

 

“Yoona, stop disturbing the girls. Have you had enough fun with Wheein earlier on?”

 

Yoona grinned stupidly. She put her arms around Wendy and Seulgi; they made their way to Jessica. Seulgi pounced on Jessica and hugged her tightly. She missed the woman a lot. Jessica felt warmth; she was stupid enough to let go of Yoona and lost her friends in return.

 

“Unnie, I miss you so much!”

 

“Me too! How are you doing?”

 

“I’m great! I’m seeing someone.”

 

“I heard. But how come you ended up working for Kwon Yuri?”

 

So, Seulgi sat down and started telling Jessica about the whole thing. Wendy was sitting next to Yoona and she ended up talking to Yoona too. The four ladies ate heartily before Yoona turned to Wendy.

 

“Did you follow Seulgi here?”

 

“Huh? Nope, I followed my fiancée here.”

 

Yoona frowned; before turning to Seulgi. Seulgi nodded but spoke up quickly.

 

“Don’t worry, I met her fiancée. She’s actually Moonbyul’s boss.”

 

“And Moonbyul is not jealous of Wendy?”

 

“Why should she? Wendy has the upper hand.”

 

“Seulgi ah, that’s not a good thing to say.”

 

Wendy was panicking. This Seulgi; just like her girlfriend; she was equally dense. Yoona was already staring at Wendy.

 

“Does your boss know that her employee is dating your ex-girlfriend?”

 

“She does. But look, we are all good now. I swear! I didn’t break up with Seulgi because of my fiancée. We broke up because we had too much on our minds back then. We realized we probably wouldn’t stay long as lovers. So, we decided to be friends.”

 

“But Seulgi ran all the way to my house on that night the two of you broke up; she was bare-footed; ran in the cold and crying like a lost child.”

 

Yoona was quick to retaliate. She could never forget how Seulgi looked in despair. But from the look of Wendy’s face; the woman had no idea. She turned to Seulgi; with a question mark on her face.

 

Seulgi looked away; it was in the past, but it was never easy for her to move on from Wendy.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“You were so stressed out. Your parents disliked me, and you had no choice. I couldn’t hold you back because I know how much you love your parents.”

 

“But you could have told me. I loved you so much back then. It was killing me when I had to let go of you.”

 

“That’s the reason why I let you go first. Wendy ah, we were so young back then. We had no idea what lies ahead of us. We had to break up to realize that we had wasn’t strong enough for both of us to overcome. But now it made us stronger because we have moved on with our lives and falling in love with someone else. It’s not a bad thing.”

 

“No, it’s a bad thing that you suffered because of me.”

 

“I didn’t suffer much. Yes, I cried like . Yoona unnie was so pissed off that night but I told her everything. Well, she’s protective of me that’s why she’s acting like a mom now.”

 

Seulgi was being sarcastic but Yoona was undaunted. She was so worried about her back then.

 

“But Yoona unnie is cool about it. If she wasn’t, you won’t be alive today.”

 

“That’s true. I would have killed you that night.”

 

Wendy was taken aback at how sincere Yoona’s words were.

 

“UNNIE, STOP MAKING THINGS WORSE! YOU’RE SCARING WENDY!”

 

“Okay, okay. I was just worried. You were so hung up on Wendy. But I guess Moonbyul changed you. And you Wendy, chill out. I’m not going to kill you. Seulgi was right. The two of you were way too young to be in love.”

 

“Err, thanks. So, we’re cool now?”

 

“I was cool long time ago.”

 

“You almost made me pee in my pants like 5 minutes ago.”

 

“Wendy, come on! We can be like brothers you know?”

 

Wendy stuck her tongue out. She scooted closer to Seulgi. Yoona is still scary for her. Jessica leaned closer and smacked Yoona’s forehead.

 

“Stop harassing the girls. The girls are fine as they are. Let them love whoever they like. You’re so protective of every girl in your life. Where do you put me now?”

 

Yoona’s eyes grew larger; she quickly grabbed Jessica’s hands and caressed them gently. Seulgi and Wendy were sniggering at her.

 

“Jessica, you know how playful I am, right?”

 

“Yeah, too playful for my liking.”

 

“Should I stop worrying about them?”

 

“No, just worry about them in an appropriate amount.”

 

“Okay!”

 

Seulgi and Wendy rolled their eyes; while Jessica gave up on her girlfriend. The four did enjoy dinner together; they were having their first round of drinks when suddenly Moonbyul appeared in front of them.

 

“Moonbyul?”

 

“Can I join u girls?”

 

“Why not?”

 

Moonbyul was eyeing Wendy who apparently was seated too close to Seulgi. Wendy moved away quickly; making room for Moonbyul.

 

“Geez, Moonbyul. Can you not?”

 

“Seulgi’s my property.”

 

“What’s up with these “manly” women? Why are they so jealous and overprotective?”

 

“Tell me about it, Jessica unnie. Moonbyul is hopeless when it comes to other women.”

 

“You’re too pretty. And Wendy is equally pretty too.”

 

Moonbyul mumbled; evidently tried to argue but Seulgi’s glare stopped her from arguing further. Wendy wanted to laugh so badly but decided against it.

 

“Moonbyul, you could give me a head up as to where you are going, OKAY?!”

 

The 5 girls looked over their shoulders and saw Yongsun running in. Moonbyul literally left her behind because she was worried about Seulgi and Wendy together. Yongsun was surprised to find Yoona with them. She made a face and swore silently to herself that she would kill Moon Byulyi later.

 

But then, she noticed Jessica and she was running towards the woman.

 

“Are you Jessica unnie?”

 

“Yes, you must be Kim Yongsun.”

 

“Call me Yongsun!”

 

Jessica chuckled softly before nodding her head. Yongsun then sat next to Jessica; it was her way to avoid Yoona’s glare.

 

“You’re Taeyeon’s baby cousin?”

 

“Baby cousin? Taengoo unnie actually said that?!”

 

“Yeah she did. She literally said help me say hello to my baby cousin.”

 

“Geez. She could just call me and say hi to me personally.”

 

“You know how busy Taeyeon is now. She’s a federal judge now.”

 

“Yeah, I know. I wonder when she’s calling me back to assist her.”

 

“Oh? You’re planning to return to Seoul?”

 

Yoona spoke up. Yongsun smiled and nodded. She missed Seoul. She was in Singapore for the last 5 years. But she wanted to return to Seoul for another reason though.

 

“Yoona unnie, when will you be going back to Seoul?”

 

“Let me see; probably in another 2 years’ time?”

 

“And Wheein will follow you back?”

 

“It depends on her. But if she wants to follow me back, of course I will bring her back with me.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Yongsun pouted her lips. She was in a fix. But Yoona knew what she was thinking about.

 

“Kim Yongsun, when are you going to tell Wheein that you like her?”

 

“Yeah unnie, when? You already knew she was hinting to you.”

 

Moonbyul added on.

 

“But I’m probably going to get stuck in Singapore. Unless Taeyeon unnie wants me back home.”

 

“And what is that gotta do with Wheein?”

 

“We will be separated. I don’t want to see Wheein broken-hearted because we have to live apart.”

 

“You’re worried about that?!”

 

“I mean, yes I like her. But what if it didn’t work out? And what if she must leave and I cannot follow her? It will break her heart. And I will be alone and upset here.”

 

The girls were unaware of Yongsun’s inner thoughts. She had a point. Even before she could reveal her heart; Yongsun was already worried about the future. She must have liked Wheein a lot to think about such things. But Jessica was the wiser one; in fact, she was the oldest within that group. She patted on Yongsun’s hand gently

 

“Nobody knew what is going to happen in the future. Nobody can guarantee anything. But we can plan and try to make it work. Look at me and Yoona. How many years I have wasted since she left Seoul? I never thought I could be this happy. I thought I couldn’t, but I am now.”

 

Yongsun looked up and noticed how sincere Jessica’s smile was. Her eyes turned teary.

 

“From what I gather, everyone knows about you liking Wheein and vice versa. Even her best friend is aware because of Moonbyul here. The only one person who is oblivious about this is Wheein herself. I wonder how oblivious this girl could get but I can see, she’s like an innocent child.

 

Now, you have the upper hand. You need to be the one to confess to her. You know she adores you so much. She’s in love with you. But she’s equally scared that you won’t like her back.

 

I want to ask you a question right now. You have to think carefully before answering me.”

 

Yongsun nodded. The rest of the girls just looked on.

 

“Do you love Wheein for who she is or what she is?”

 

“That’s a tricky question. You better answer smart, Unnie.”

 

“Boy, such questions scare me.”

 

Both Yoona and Moonbyul spoke up. But Yongsun was in deep thoughts. She knew this was a question that she used to ask herself, but she couldn’t find an answer to it. However, when someone asked her; Yongsun suddenly got an answer instantly.

 

“I like her for who she is. I like her for whom she has become. I don’t really care about her outer shell. I fell in love with her because she’s a good person.”

 

“What makes you think so? You hardly talk to her.”

 

Yoona wanted to dig further.

 

“I saw her in Seoul, 3 years ago.”

 

“WHAT!?”

 

All the girls screamed in unison. Yongsun smiled before carrying on with her story.

 

“I returned to Seoul to visit my family. I was in the car with my sister. We wanted to head out for dinner. I was staring out the window; my sister was focusing on the road. I didn’t want to disturb her, so I kept quiet and just stared outside.

 

Then the car came to a stop at a junction. The pedestrians were crossing the road but there was this old lady; struggling to get across the road. I could see the green man blinking but she wasn’t even halfway yet. And she struggled so hard that I could see her face wrinkled with pain. I was about to get off when I saw a young lady running across the road.

 

She went down on her knees and asked the old lady to get on her back. She was so small and tiny but, yet she was so strong to carry the old lady to the other side of the road. I was sure that lady was a little on the heavy side, but that young lady was full of smiles.

 

She was so cheerful, and I was captivated by her good deed. But I couldn’t get to her because I was in the middle of the road and she took off as quickly as she appeared. I told myself that if I am to find a girlfriend, I want someone like her.”

 

Yongsun paused for a second. The ladies were listening to her. She was amused by their reactions. They looked like a bunch of 5-year-olds listening to a story. But she continued anyway.

 

“That’s why I was so surprised to find her here. And she’s working for Yoona unnie. I think this unnie knows how crazy I was when I found out she would be working for her.”

 

The girls turned to look at Yoona; this time Yoona was amused. They look like children; peering their faces eagerly at her.

 

“Yongsun went bonkers. She even threatened me if I don’t introduce Wheein to her.”

 

“Well, I really wanted to get to know her. But I didn’t know she has interest in me too.”

 

“Yoona unnie, then do you know why Wheein likes Yongsun unnie?”

 

Wendy suddenly got interested. She likes this kind of lovey dopey stories. Moonbyul rolled her eyes when Seulgi smiled at Wendy. Her girlfriend still harbors a soft spot for her ex-girlfriend.

 

“I don’t really know. She doesn’t really say. But the first time she saw Yongsun was during the first meeting that we had; when we introduced each other,” Yoona then turned to look at Seulgi.

 

“The same time I found out YOU worked with YURI instead.”

 

“Oh, come on, Unnie! Please forgive meeee!”

 

“Stop it. You’re not doing aeygo with me.”

 

“You would usually fall for it!”

 

“That was years ago.”

 

“Evil.”

 

Moonbyul and Jessica were slowly getting irritated by Yoona and Seulgi. They nudged their respective girlfriends and glared at them.

 

“WE ARE STILL HERE!”

 

“Okay, okay.”

 

The two of them quickly apologized. But Yoona continued her story.

 

“Well, Wheein went home; looking very lovelorn. She was like a lost puppy and then she started asking me about Yongsun. I didn’t realize that she’s having this huge crush on Yongsun. It was weeks later when I realized she would blush if Yongsun comes over to my office.”

 

“Well, well. Then Yongsun unnie needs to step up her game. UNNIE, HWAITING!”

 

“Yeah! I agree with Wendy. Unnie, stop being a fool. You know how long you have not been with someone since that last broke your heart. It has been 5 years. That year when you returned to Seoul; I know how broken-hearted you were when you realized he’s married to someone else. But you need to move on, Unnie. You have found someone you like and you’re aware that she likes you too. DON’T WASTE NO MORE TIME!”

 

Moonbyul was urging her. In fact, all the ladies were urging her to do it. Yongsun scrutinized their faces one at a time.

 

“It’s now or never. You will lose her if you delay longer.”

 

Jessica’s last words were the push for Yongsun’s determination.

 

-

 

Hwasa had just received a call from Yoona. Yongsun is going to confess to Wheein tomorrow. She basically took leave just to ensure that Wheein wouldn’t run away. She went to look for Wheein in pretext of having lunch together.

 

“Wheein ah!”

 

Hwasa pounced on her best friend just as soon as she noticed her at the lift lobby. Wheein was heading out for lunch. The smaller girl got a shock of her life.

 

“YA!”

 

“I MISS YOU!!!”

 

“YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!”

 

Hwasa hugged her best friend tightly. She was happy that Wheein was going to get a special someone in her life. The only thing missing was the woman herself. That dumb best friend of hers who was totally oblivious of her surroundings.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Today is my off day. Can’t I visit my best friend?”

 

“Yes, you can. I was about to head lunch alone.”

 

“Where’s Yoona unnie?”

 

“She has found her girlfriend. She’s going to spend more time with her new girlfriend before the woman returns to Seoul in two days’ time.”

 

“Oh, she’s attached now?”

 

“Yeah, with the same woman she has been in love with. Isn’t that great?”

 

Wheein was obviously still envious of her boss. She wished she had someone special just like everyone else. Even Hwasa is seeing someone.

 

The pair went across the office building and settled for some noodles. Hwasa suggested the place. Well, it was pre-booked by Yongsun. She had made plans with the restaurant.

 

Hwasa was checking her phone; Yoona sent a text to her. She smiled and then grinned to herself.

 

The time is about to arrive.

 

-

 

“WAIT! I’M NOT READY YET!”

 

“UNNIE, YOU HAVE NO TIME TO BACK OUT NOW! THE GIRLS ARE THERE!”

 

“Hang on! Let me prepare my heart!”

 

Yongsun and Moonbyul were struggling between themselves. Yoona and Jessica were just looking on; Chorong couldn’t say anything while Seulgi and Yuri were amused.

 

“Kwon Yuri, what are you doing here?”

 

Yoona spotted her; Yuri pointed to Seulgi.

 

“What?”

 

“She asked me to follow her. She said there’s something going on. Yongsun is getting a wife soon?”

 

“WHAT WIFE?!”

 

Yongsun heard her. Her eyes grew larger to see the crowd outside her office.

 

“Are you ladies here to mock at me or laugh at me or make fun of me?”

 

“We are here to support you AND make fun of you!”

 

Yongsun rolled her eyes as the ladies gave high fives at one another. She knew it was a bad decision to get these women involved. Out of sudden, Wendy and Hayoung appeared at her door step.

 

“YOU TWO TOO?!”

 

“We won’t miss it, Unnie!”

 

“I’m here to support you!”

 

Yongsun was going to die. She was going to die of embarrassment.

 

-

 

Wheein and Hwasa had a ball of their time. They talked a lot. They have not met with each other for the longest time. But Hwasa kept looking at her watch; Wheein noticed it.

 

“Are you hurrying somewhere?”

 

“Er, no. I was just checking the time.”

 

“You kept staring at your watch every 10 minutes. How fast can the time goes by if you keep staring at it every 10 minutes?”

 

“Time flies fast when you are with the people you love.”

 

“YA, you’re so mushy today!”

 

“I have always been! You hated it then; back in school!”

 

“Stop doing it then!”

 

Wheein rolled her eyeballs when Hwasa giggled non-stop. Hwasa has a cringe-worthy behavior that often drove Wheein crazy. She would get so touchy and sometimes Wheein feels like they were lovers. Unfortunately, they were not because Hwasa has a boyfriend.

 

The two kept bickering; Hwasa was caressing her thighs and Wheein felt her chills down her spine. That would be the most sensitive part of her body.

 

“Stop doing that!”

 

“Why? I love to touch you!”

 

“Yeah, say it LOUD ENOUGH for the whole restaurant to hear!”

 

Eyes were on them; some were staring at them; some ladies were giving some weird looks and some men were drooling. Eek! Drooling?! The two women gagged at the sight of them.

 

“Why would they drool?”

 

“Either they are too hungry or too creepy. Anyway you gotta admit, we are y women.”

 

“You are. I’m not.”

 

“Wheein, how many times must I talk to you about self-confidence?”

 

“What are you babbling about? I could almost get the woman of my dreams to be my girlfriend but I acted more like a chicken.”

 

Wheein mumbled; she wasn’t keen to let Hwasa know but she did regret not taking that one opportunity. But Hwasa was aware of it yet she pretended like she didn’t.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I said you’re beautiful.”

 

“Don’t lie. What about getting your woman of your dreams to be your girlfriend but you big time?”

 

“Shut up. You could have been more sympathetic for your best friend.”

 

“I told you to follow me to that motivational talk.”

 

“You spent $1,000 over that talk. But you are benefitting from it. Hwasa, you’re so cool. You have this charisma in you. Whenever you say something, people look at you. Boys fall on their knees for you.”

 

“You make it sound like I’m a Wonder Woman. Now look, everyone can be confidence. That woman of your dreams – she’s a confident lady, right?”

 

Wheein’s eyes became dreamy. She had that super puppy look on her face. Hwasa wanted to smack it so badly but she refrained.

 

“Why do you always look like you’re having in your thoughts whenever I speak of her?”

 

Wheein pouted her lips.

 

“Because she’s a goddess. You know how hard I was trying NOT to kiss her when she was in my bed? I watched her sleep most of the time; her soft breathing; her eyes flickering like as though she was dreaming and her white, porcelain skin; that luscious red lips – bleah. I should have just kissed her secretly!”

 

“Why didn’t you?”

 

“ARE YOU NUTS?!”

 

“WHAT? It’s a basic instinct. It’s natural to kiss when you see a pair of lips in front of you.”

 

“I’m totally judging you.”

 

Hwasa laughed. Wheein had no idea. The best friend saw Yongsun sitting behind Wheein. She was listening into the conversation but Wheein couldn’t notice her. Her back was facing Yongsun. She purposely made Wheein speak her thoughts so that Yongsun knows what to do.

 

Hwasa waited for Yongsun to give her a signal. She needed to end this smoothly. The rest of the ladies were already sitting at the various areas of the restaurant. This was so thrilling. But yet, the star of the show was completely clueless.

 

“Look, tell me honestly. Do you like this woman?”

 

Wheein looked up; she was taken aback by Hwasa’s question. But she took her time to think and then smiled widely.

 

“I do. And I think I’m besotted with her. Yongsun unnie is perfect.”

 

“Why do you even like her?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“The first time you saw her was at the office right?”

 

Wheein shook her head. This was her biggest secret that she had never told anyone. 3 years ago, she saw Yongsun in Seoul. She was at the airport; hanging out at the café by herself. Wheein loves to have her own time; away from the everybody she knows.

 

Airport was the best place to chill. You get to see people moving around; you get to see tourists; stewards; pretty stewardess and best of all; you get to “wash eyes” with pretty babes combing in the airport.

 

That was when she chanced upon Kim Yongsun. Wheein was sipping her coffee as she looked at the arrival hall. She saw people come and go; she was always intrigued to see tourists arriving in Seoul. She never got the chance to travel much so she would often imagine how their countries would be like.

 

One fine day, she was minding her own business. This time around, Wheein brought her project to the airport. She had the intention to complete her essay but ended up doing her favorite thing – people-watching. She scrutinized every woman that passed through that arrival hall.

 

Just then, a lady with a long black wavy hair; dressed in white top and light blue jeans; a light brown overcoat and a pair of high heels walked through the arrival door. Wheein was mesmerized. She was taken in by the long strides that the mysterious woman took; and her eyes never left that lady.

 

She was pushing her trolley; a couple of luggage mounted over each other. And she was wearing black shades; her lips were red; and her Coach handbag hanging from her left shoulder.

 

She was the type of women Wheein would naturally look for. She had her fair of women in her life, but she got nothing out of them. Some of them took her for granted; but most broke her heart because they were cheating on her. So enough was enough. Wheein decided that she should just look but not search for that one person.

 

But this woman caught her eye; stuck in Wheein’s mind as she watched while holding her breath. To Wheein, a Goddess has descended on this Earth; and it drove Wheein crazy when that mysterious lady tossed her hair on her right side.


Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.

 

The mysterious lady was searching for someone. Of course, she would; she must have returned from somewhere. But Wheein was curious. Was she a tourist or a citizen?

 

“Omma!”

 

The lady was waving at an elderly woman who in return hugged the younger woman tightly in her embrace. That woman must be her mother. How lucky she was. She got to hug that beautiful lady.

 

Wheein’s focus was still on her. For some reason, Wheein wouldn’t want to lose this woman. She mustered up some courage to go up to the lady however it wasn’t meant to be.

 

“JUNG WHEEIN!”

 

Wheein was startled when she heard her name. That person was calling out her full name. She looked over her shoulder and was horrified when she recognized that person.

 

“What are you doing here?!”

 

“So, this is where you often hang out, huh?”

 

“My class is over! I can go anywhere I like!”

 

“You have a home, you dumb kid! Why are you always running around after school?”

 

“Ommaaaaaaaaa~”

 

“I cooked something. I think I need to go home early often. You’re lonely, huh?”

 

“Omma! I need to do something! Give me a second!”

 

“What is it?”

 

Wheein quickly turned around; she was probably looked away for mere seconds but to her despair; the mysterious lady was no longer in sight. She was nowhere in the airport.

 

Wheein lost her.

 

And Wheein was upset because she lost her. She never blamed her mother; she blamed herself for procrastinating when she had all the time in the world to approach the lady.

 

Thus, when she met her again in Singapore; she realized they were working in the same office; Wheein was delighted. But she didn’t have the courage anymore.

 

That mysterious woman was looking better than the last time she saw her at the airport. And her name is Kim Yongsun. She’s a criminal lawyer; she has won so many cases and one of the top lawyers in Asia. And she was only 29.

 

But this time around, that admiration has turned into something else. Wheein fell in love. She had her very first chance to speak her first few words.

 

“My name is Yoona and this is my assistant, Jung Wheein. Wheein, this is our top lawyer from the criminal division; her name is Kim Yongsun. She’s a bad lawyer.”

 

Wheein found out her name first. Then she found out something else.

 

“Hi, I’m Yongsun. Nice to meet you.”

 

Kim Yongsun is firm; she’s confident and y. She has this charisma in her; and her smile – wow, her smile shone. That two dimples at the corner of – GOD DAMMIT.

 

“Hi, I’m Wheein.”

 

Yongsun was staring at her. Her eyes shone; and she seemed glad to meet her. Her handshake was firm and strong yet gentle and tender. Her soft skin; her warmth touch – that was when Wheein fell in love.

 

-

 

“3 years ago?!”

 

Hwasa was surprised that Wheein had never mention this to her. Wheein nodded nonchalantly as she took a sip of her iced latte. She was still unaware of Yongsun’s presence behind her.

 

“Wheein ah, your story is so romantic.”

 

“Romantic? How is that romantic?”

 

“It’s like love at the first sight. You two are totally meant for each other!”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Trust me, you’re going to have a good beginning from today onwards. I’m so happy for you!”

 

“Hwasa, you’re confusing me.”

 

“Look behind you.”

 

Wheein frowned but nevertheless; she looked over her shoulder. There she was. Her eyes were watery, and she was covering with her hands. Wheein was horrified. But she realized something was amiss.

 

“Wait, do you know her? I never showed her to you?”

 

Wheein snapped her head back as she shot the question at Hwasa.

“Err, I kinda know.”

 

“What do you mean by kinda know?

 

By this time, Yongsun was walking over to her side. She stood at the edge of the girls’ table; Wheein looked up; confused.

 

“Wheein ah, I have something to tell you.”

 

Yongsun spoke up.

 

“Okay, what is it?”

 

Yongsun took a deep breath before she spoke up.

 

 

-

 

“WHEEIN AH! OPEN THE DOOR!”

 

Yoona was banging on Wheein’s bedroom door. The younger woman was pissed. Yongsun was tearing up because this whole confession was a mess-up.

 

“LEAVE ME ALONE! ALL OF YOU ARE EVIL! LIARS! I HATE YOU ALL!”

 

“Wheein ah, we didn’t mean to be evil. We just…”

 

Yoona couldn’t really find any excuses. Wheein was right. They were despicable for playing her heart like that.

 

Yongsun blamed herself. She was the one who implored the rest not to tell her. Well, she didn’t think Wheein would have some pride in her. She finds that adoringly cute but now she has a problem.

 

The younger woman was extremely pissed at her and everyone.

 

“JUNG WHEEIN, OPEN THE DOOR!”

 

“GO AWAY!”

 

“Wheein ah, I’m sorry! But we wanted to help you!”

 

“HELP WHAT?! MAKE ME LOOK STUPID!?”

 

“Okay, I never thought along that line but Wheein ah, we have your interest.”

 

“GO AWAY, HWASA!”

 

“WHEEIN AH, I’M YOUR BEST FRIEND! YOU BEAR TO IGNORE ME!?!”

 

“I CAN DO A LOT OF THINGS TO YOU BUT I’M NOT GOING OUT ANYMORE! YOU AND YOONA UNNIE ARE EVIL!”

 

Everyone was worried that Wheein might do something silly. Yoona was pacing up and down then she turned to look at Yongsun. Wait a minute. This was the stupid woman’s idea. Why was she getting the brunt of it?!

 

“Hey, how come the utmost evil one doesn’t get yelled at?”

 

Yoona suddenly spoke up.

 

“What utmost evil one?”

 

“It was Yongsun’s idea for urging us not to tell you!”

 

Yongsun was horrified. Yoona played her out.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

“IT’S NOT FAIR SHE’S MAD AT US ONLY!”

 

“THAT’S RIGHT! WHEEPUP, IT WAS YONGSUN UNNIE’S IDEA FOR NOT TELLING YOU!”

 

Great, these goons!

 

Suddenly, the bedroom door was opened. Everyone was looking at the same direction except for Yongsun. She wasn’t too sure if she was able to meet Wheein’s eyes. She was incorrigible.

 

Wheein was timidly poked her head out and slowly moved out from the bedroom shadow. She stood at the doorway; Yoona was apologetic.

 

“I’m sorry, Wheein ah. We didn’t mean to play your feelings like that. But we were so excited when we realized that the two of you are in love with each other. We have heard both side of your stories and how you two came across each other for the first time. It was like a movie!”

 

“Yeah! It’s so romantic. I was so taken in by your dedication for each other. You could have found someone else but somehow the two of you are like bonded in this way.”

 

Hwasa added on. Yongsun slowly looked up and their gazes met. Wheein was staring at her too. Both had a lot in their minds right now.

 

-

 

Yongsun confessed to Wheein; but Wheein was more focused on how Hwasa knew Yongsun. She never showed Yongsun to Hwasa before. Then she spotted some familiar faces in the crowd. Yoona, Jessica, Moonbyul, Seulgi, Chorong, Hayoung and a non-familiar face which she later found out her name, Wendy – they were all watching them.

 

She stood up immediately. Then she shouted for Yoona’s name.

 

“What are you doing here, unnie?!”

 

“Er, we’re here to watch the confession.”

 

“What confession? And why are you standing with Moonbyul? Wait! YOU ALL KNOW EACH OTHER?!”

 

Busted. Totally busted. And Yongsun was panicking. Wheein’s facial expression was a little darker than the grey skies outside now.

 

“Wheein ah, I can explain.”

Wheein folded her arms and waited for her. For some reason, Wheein was really annoyed. Even Hwasa has never seen Wheein like this.

 

“I know Yoona unnie for the longest time. She’s my sunbae back in University.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“And I know that you like me.”

 

Wheein snapped her head towards Yoona’s direction. Crap. Holy crap. Yoona was in the deep . Jessica was looking at Wheein’s direction. She probably knew how she felt when someone else meddled with her love relationships. She spoke up after the long silence.

 

“Wheein ah, all of these ladies here have good intentions for your own interest. I mean it’s obvious that you and Yongsun have a connection which we have never thought it could be. Such a coincidence.”

 

Wheein frowned.

 

“What connection?”

 

Yongsun agreed with Jessica. Before this, she had no idea why she was so intent to find Wheein, the girl whom she admire 3 years ago. That sweet loving lady who helped an old lady crossed the road. It may seem nothing to others but Yongsun always has soft spots for such good deeds.

 

And Wheein was pretty and she still is. Yongsun could never thank God more for leading her to Wheein 3 years later.

 

Yongsun needed to tell Wheein the truth of her innermost feelings. She moved closer and slowly reached out for Wheein’s hands. Just like how she imagines, Wheein’s hands were small and her skin was smooth. Yongsun’s hands engulfed Wheein’s hands and she held on to them tightly. Wheein didn’t flinch neither did she pull back. Her adorable cute expression suggested that she was a little shy about this skinship.

 

Nevertheless, Yongsun held tighter.

 

“Don’t blame Yoona unnie. I will explain everything since I have heard your cute confession earlier on.”

 

Wheein pouted but remained quiet. Her eyes were boring into Yongsun’s. She was very curious as to the connection Jessica was suggesting earlier on.

 

“I saw you 3 years ago too.”

 

“Huh? At the airport?”

 

“No, not at the airport. I’m not sure if you remembered this. The road was extremely busy, and the green man was flashing but this old lady was still trying to get over to the other side. I was about to get out of my car to assist her, but you came running out of nowhere. You were smiling; your face radiated, and I was impressed by you.”

 

Wheein remembered that. The old woman was pitiful as she struggled to get to safety. Worst still, nobody bothered to help her.

 

“You saw me then?”

 

“Yeah, and I remember telling my sister, you’re the sweetest human being I ever met in my whole entire life.”

 

Wheein’s cheeks turned red quickly. She never thought of this. She never dreamt that Yongsun would think she’s the sweetest human being in the world.

 

“Wheein ah, when I saw you again at the office 3 years later, you never knew how much my heart was pumping against my chest. I was so nervous that I thought I could die.”

 

“But you looked so confident.”

 

“I was trained to look confident but the interior side of me; I was probably dying of happiness to see you again.”

 

“So this is the connection Jessica unnie was referring to. 3 years ago, we saw each other but never got to meet but now here we are.”

 

“Yeah, isn’t that a wonderful connection?”

 

But Wheein’s expression changed. Yes, it was wonderful, but it was not how she wanted it to be.

 

“But why didn’t you tell me?”

 

Yongsun’s smile faded. Oh yeah, this whole lying saga thing was still not over yet. Wheein was obviously still upset about it.

 

“I mean, I’m not mad. I’m just disappointed. We wasted 8 months pretending to be cool; well at least I did. You already knew.”

 

“Wheein ah, that doesn’t change anything. I find myself liking you even more.”

 

“I know. But I feel stupid. Even my own best friend betrays me.”

 

Wheein shot a look at Hwasa who was obviously trying to hide away from guilt. She should have known better, but she never thinks of the consequences.

 

“And the worst part is; the person who lives with me knows my very secret about me liking you. She didn’t have to tell you.”

 

Wheein scowled at Yoona. Yoona was remorseful.

 

“You have been treating me like a fool. I’m honestly upset now.”

 

Wheein’s eyes turned watery and Yongsun felt worse. She tried to hug Wheein but the younger woman gently pushed her away.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Wheein ran off; leaving the ladies stunned in silence.

 

-

 

Yongsun and Wheein were the only ones in Wheein’s room. Wheein wanted to speak to Yongsun alone; so the ladies waited in the hall. Wheein pulled Yongsun gently into her room.

 

It was familiar for Yongsun. She has been there before. Wheein looked after her when she was sick. It was a wonderful memory for the older woman.

 

“Sit.”

 

Wheein sat Yongsun down on her bed while she sat next to her. Wheein wasn’t mad at her nor at her friends. She was just taken aback and confused with the sudden event.

 

It was crazy earlier on but now she has calmed down. Probably she should just listen to what Yongsun had to say.

 

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking straight earlier on. I mean, I was shocked and confused. And there were too many people. It was just embarrassing.”

 

Wheein finally confessed.

 

“I understand. And it was my fault that you misunderstood your best friend and Yoona unnie.”

 

“No, I’m not mad at them. I will talk to them later. But I need to know your truthful feelings and thoughts. I mean, you know I like you. But how about you? What are you feeling? Where am I in your heart?”

 

Yongsun stared into Wheein’s eyes. They sparkled but somehow Yongsun could see some uncertainty. Wheein was right. She never really spoke of her feelings for Wheein earlier on.

 

She grabbed Wheein’s hands. She balled them into hers and then smiled widely. She needed to get her feelings across to Wheein before it’s too late.

 

Her voice was soft and gentle.

 

“Jung Wheein, I love you.”

 

That was a strong confession. Wheein’s heart skipped a beat but she waited for Yongsun to continue. It was only fair that she got to listen to Yongsun’s explanation.

 

“It was no longer admiration or crush or affiliation whatever you call it. It has grown from like to love. And I know I love you because every time I look at you, you keep me grounded. You’re the reason why I keep telling myself that I must take good care of my health and my life.

 

Reason why? It’s simple. I want to live a long life with you; I want to spend my whole lifetime with you; having the best of everything so that I can love you better than I ever did before. I never told Yoona unnie about this. She only knows that I like you, but she isn’t aware that I’m actually falling in love with you.

 

It’s just amazing to me that the moment I laid eyes on you for the first time, I thought wow, that lady is admirable. And I honestly thought that was it. Since it was just like a passing phase for me; I never really thought much about it until I laid eyes on you for the second time.

 

This time, it was different. You were no longer a young lady. You have matured into a young woman and Wheein ah, you’re incredibly beautiful. You thought I was confident huh? But insides, I was like sweating bullets. I never told anyone how much I wanted to just hold your hand and whisk you away somewhere so that we can have some time together, alone.”

 

Wheein was surprised. Her eyes grew larger. She never thought she meant that much to Yongsun. All this while she thought it was just a crush. Or Yongsun likes her because she likes Yongsun first.

 

She never knew it was a totally different type of confession.

 

“Wow, this is different. This is new to me. I mean, I thought you like me because you know that I like you. Nobody has ever really confessed to me like that.”

 

“I never confessed to anyone before either. This is my first time.”

 

“Really?”

 

Yongsun nodded obediently. Wheein’s heart felt so much; it felt warm. It felt good and Wheein felt like embracing this woman right now.

 

Well, she did. She outstretched her arms and wrapped around Yongsun’s waist. It was an incredible feeling to be someone’s special love.

 

“This feels good.”

 

Yongsun whispered as she closed her eyes; taking in Wheein’s warmth and her sweet-smell. Yongsun wanted to remember that forever. Even if Wheein wasn’t meant to be hers eventually.

 

“I’m sorry for running away and doubting your feelings for me. I feel so childish for trying to be stronger but deep down inside; all I want is you.”

 

Yongsun giggled softly. She felt giddy with Wheein’s confession. The pair stayed like that for a while before Wheein pulled away. Their gazes locked; Wheein was smiling widely. Yongsun smiled too.

 

“Now, let’s begin again.”

 

Wheein suddenly suggested. Yongsun was confused; she burrowed her eyebrows together.

 

But Wheein stretched her hand out before introducing herself.

 

“My name is Jung Wheein, and I like you since 3 years ago.”

 

She stuck her tongue out before a mischievous grin plastered on her face. Yongsun laughed heartily. She then took Wheein’s hand and nodded.

 

“Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Yongsun. And I love you; since the 2nd time I laid eyes on you.”

 

-

 

“HEY. STOP IT.”

 

Yoona had enough. Ever since Wheein and Yongsun got together, Kim Yongsun spent half of her time at Yoona’s apartment. Jessica has returned to Seoul a couple days ago. She had some business meetings but she would be back in a week’s time.

 

“What? I was just holding her hand.”

 

“Yes, but the other hand is roaming somewhere.”

 

Wheein looked at her other hand. Yongsun was embarrassed and Yoona was about to tear Wheein’s arm apart if she didn’t stop.

 

“Crap. How could you even see that? HAH! YOU ERT!”

 

“Excuse me. I have a girlfriend. And Yongsun is like a sister to me. AND YOU ARE EVEN MORE LIKE A LITTLE SISTER TO ME! HOW DARE YOU CALL ME ERT!”

 

“SARANGHAE YOONA UNNIE!”

 

“STOP IT! STOP TRYING TO FIGHT YOUR WAY OUT ON THIS ONE!”

 

The trio was watching movie on a weekend. Well, Yongsun stays over at their place on the weekend. Yoona was just lonely because Jessica has business meetings to attend to.

 

And Wheein, well, Yongsun never see this side of her. And Yoona was totally unaware how touchy and clingy Jung Wheein turned out to be.

 

Wheein was caressing Yongsun at everywhere that she could access.

 

“Sorry, Yoona unnie. I didn’t know my girlfriend is the real ert.”

 

“HEY!”

 

“Tell me about it. I’m going over to Moonbyul’s place tonight. I cannot sleep with you two riding on each other.”

 

“DON’T TALK LIKE THAT!”

 

Yongsun’s face was as red as tomato while Wheein was just smiling proudly.

 

“Your girlfriend is proud of it though.”

 

“Wheein, stop it! Stop embarrassing me like that!”

 

“What? You always scream my name.”

 

Yongsun was exasperated. Her girlfriend has no filter! And Yoona narrowed her gaze at the younger woman.

 

“You’re so hot-blooded. I’m so jealous of you. You’re still so young.”

 

“Yoona unnie, what rubbish are you spouting now?!”

 

“Yongsun ah, how it feels to have a younger girlfriend?”

 

“Good grief! You two are insane! ERTS!”

 

Yongsun ran into her room and shut the door. She was completely embarrassed. Wheein was still smiling. Yoona kicked her in the shin.

 

“OW!”

 

“You’re totally like a ert now. Are you really that happy?”

 

“Yongsun unnie is the best thing that ever happen to me, Unnie. I love her so much.”

 

“The part or the whole package?”

 

“You know what? I think I’m a ert because I learn from you.”

 

“I never touch you about .”

 

“Not that! God, it’s weird if you do!”

 

“So what the hell did you learn from me?”

 

Wheein smirked before saying her mind.

 

“The way you love Jessica unnie; the way you do things for her and not asking for anything in return; the way Jessica unnie finds her way back into your heart and you let her in without any conditions; everything that you do for Jessica unnie is love. You love her. And you have never complained about her. Even when she did walk out from your life; you never mention anything about that to me. She was the one who revealed it to me.”

 

Yoona was still staring at Wheein. Wheein then smiled.

 

“I’m going to love Yongsun unnie the way you love Jessica unnie. You love her without constraints; without conditions – your love is just so pure that everything seems to fall in place perfectly.”

 

“Heh. Falling in love is simple but being in love is the part you need to work on. People always fall in love, but they never maintain it. Taking it for granted that it might last forever but without doing anything.”

 

“Exactly. Yongsun unnie is going to be my last. She’s my forever. She’s the reason why I’m going to do well in life. I want to work out with her. I want this life; I want her to be in my life for the rest of our lifetime. I can do this, right?”

 

“Of course, you can. Jung Wheein, I told you before. You’re more than just what you think you are. Stretch your best and give your all. That includes giving all your heart to your hot unnie.”

 

Wheein stopped smiling. She then stood up and put her hands on her waist. Yoona looked up; confused.

 

“What?”

 

“Do you still think of Yongsun unnie in that way?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Do you still want to sleep with her?”

 

Yoona smirked. Wheein was going ballistic. This was going to be a crazy moment. Yoona was such an sometimes.

 

“Will you allow me to?”

 

“GO AWAY! GET AWAY FROM MY GIRLFRIEND!”

 

“SHE’S TOO HOT! JESSICA UNNIE WOULD WANT TO SLEEP WITH HER TOO!”

 

“ERTS! YOU ERT COUPLE!”

 

“JUNG WHEEIN! LET’S HAVE A FOURSOME!”

 

“NO! YA! DON’T EVER THINK ABOUT IT! I FORBID YOU TO IMAGINE IT NOW!”

 

There was a playful scuffle before Yoona broke free. She thought it would be more fun teasing Yongsun so she ran towards Wheein’s room and started banging on the door. Chaos ensued.

 

“KIM YONGSUN! WHEEIN SUGGESTED FOURSOME!”

 

“WHAT! JUNG WHEEIN! YOU BYUNTAE!”

 

“WHAT! NO! I NEVER SUGGESTED IT! IT WAS YOONA UNNIE!”

 

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET TOO CLOSE TO TAYEONE UNNIE, DIDN’T I!”

 

Yongsun was screaming amok from inside but the two erts just looked at each other. Wheein was intrigued. She had always heard of Taeyeon being the biggest byuntae. She had to confirm.

 

“Wait, Taeyeon unnie is a byuntae?”

 

“Wheein, Taeyeon unnie is my -god.”

 

Wheein’s jaw dropped and Yoona was winking seductively. Well, Yongsun heard it. She was going crazy.

 

“YA! STOP IT THE TWO OF YOU! DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!”

Well, what are you going to do when you have two erts staying in the same house?

 

You can’t do anything. Just need to embrace it. Yongsun and Jessica cannot avoid them.

 

-