Chapter 1

Begin Again

Took a deep breath in the mirror
He didn't like it when I wore high heels, but I do
Turned the lock and put my headphones on
He always said he didn't get this song but I do, I do


Walked in expecting you'd be late
But you got here early
And you stand and wait


I walk to you
You pulled my chair out and helped me in
And you don't know how nice that is, but I do
And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny
Because he never did


I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all over he does
This is a break, a burn, an end

But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again


You said you never met one girl
Who has as many James Taylor records as you
But I do
We tell stories and you don't know why
I'm coming off a little shy, but I do

But you throw your head back
Laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny
Because he never did


I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all over he does
This is a break, a burn, an end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again


And we walk down the block to my car
And I almost brought him up
But you start to talk about the movies
That your family watches every single Christmas

And I won't talk about that


For the first time, what's past is past
Because you throw your head back
Laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny
Because he never did


I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all over he does
This is a break, a burn, an end
Then on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again
Then on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again

 

-

Part I (YoonSic)

 

“No way.”

 

“Yes, way.”

 

“She’s gay?”

 

“Yes, why not?”

 

“Well, it’s time anyway. Those two were just flirting way too dangerously with one another. I was suffocated; sitting in between them.”

 

“Tension huh?”

 

“No doubt. But I’m glad she met her. That guy wasn’t good enough for her. He hit her.”

 

“Tell me about it.”

 

“Anyway, she’s awesome in many different levels.”

 

“I hope she’s happier now.”

 

-

 

Two years ago, she was madly in love with a guy who she thought would be her last love. She was ready to be married to him and she did. Perfection was almost there.

 

She loved him. God, dammit. She loves him the most. She would give up everything she had in her life for him. It was really strange that this guy was the most sensitive man she ever met and then two years later, he was a total beast.

 

How many times was she beaten up during that span of two years of marriage? That sensitive, gentleman she knew was gone. But she couldn’t blame him. It was unfortunate incident that left him paralyzed from waist down.

 

Jessica Jung married a great man. He gave his all to her; took care of her and promised for better or worst with her; a lifetime of infinity and love – he promised as his wedding vows.

 

He was a man with promising career. A man with a perfectly beautiful wife and they were supposed to raise a family together. He worked as a manager; earning comfortably and Jessica could have quit her job.

 

However, the woman refused to. She wanted to be a businesswoman. She did well; her business picked up right after her marriage. Both were blissfully happy, and their marriage life was like heaven.

 

But human nature was just weird like that. A year after their marriage, he met an accident. He lost control of his car and crashed into a stationary bus ahead of the road. His car was badly damaged; he was trapped in between his seat and his dashboard.

 

He couldn’t feel his feet. He couldn’t feel his legs. He couldn’t do anything. And he wished he was dead instead. Jessica rushed to the hospital the moment she got the call from the police. Tears fell profusely, and she couldn’t stop worrying for the man she loves.

 

However, the damage was done. He lost his ability to walk. He’s half-paralyzed. He can never walk anymore. His spine was completely destroyed and there was no chance that he would recover from his injuries. That news was devastating.

 

But Jessica promised to stay by his side. Jessica kept her vows – through all good or bad times; she as his wife, would stay faithful to him. Jessica was ready to look after him; ready to provide him for his life.

 

Sadly, a man’s ego was just too big to deflate. A male chauvinist at heart; he felt lousy whenever he watched Jessica at the dining table; looking through her financial reports and business proposals. That was his job; he reckoned. And he should be sitting there.

 

As much as he wanted to stop feeling worthless; he couldn’t resist to fall for his male ego. He never knew he was this selfish. He never knew he was so egoistic that he wouldn’t want to be below his wife. Not this way.

 

He created problems. He got violent; abusive and turned into a heavy smoker and drank his life away. He would throw his empty bottles at Jessica; hit her whenever he could. He treated her like . Like as though she was never his wife; they were never married and that she was just a on the street that he picked up along the way.

 

The nerve of this man to treat his wife like that; but despite it all; Jessica stayed with him. Jessica became less sociable. She skipped out all business dinners and associate meetings; she lost a lot on the market and soon Jessica was just an empty shell who took in her good-for-nothing husband’s abusive words and vulgarities.

 

Then one day, she met a woman. A woman who was all smiley; a woman who comforted her with a cup of hot coffee and a woman who she never thought stayed for her.

 

“What did he do now?”

 

Jessica kept mum whenever she turned up with a bruised eye or her arms filled with bruises or her forehead with a bandage. She never once complained about her husband, but the other woman knew better.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“To somewhere you can forget this crazy world you’re living in.”

 

“Will we be long? I need to cook for him.”

 

“Don’t bother. I have ordered for him and it is on the way to your place for delivery. You are going to stay with me tonight.”

 

“But he will get mad.”

 

“Let him be mad. I will not let him touch you ever again.”

 

The woman gently took Jessica’s arm and pulled her closer to her. She took her handbag and Jessica’s belongings before gently tugging Jessica’s arm to follow her.

 

Half of Jessica’s heart was terrified, but the other half urged her to follow. He would hit her even if she was doing good things at home. So, it didn’t matter. She reasoned it out in her head.

 

“I will protect you. You don’t have to worry about anything.”

 

The woman whispered before fastening Jessica’s safety belt. Then she smiled; that soft gentle smile of hers eased Jessica’s aching heart. If this was a dream; Jessica wouldn’t want to be awaken.

 

The woman drove off once she was tucked in safely. Jessica watched as her car sped past the crazy city and into a rural area with green trees and a beautiful sunset that was transitioning ahead of them. Jessica watched as the sun slowly faded through the night.

 

Darkness fell on them; but Jessica felt safe. At least; she thought. Then out of sudden, the car stopped in front of a cottage. A beautiful cottage with a lake behind; the bright moon was shining on it. The woman got out first before moving onto Jessica’s side.

 

She took Jessica’s hand and gently pulled her out of the car. The woman took her hand and clenched with hers. The spaces between their fingers fit together and Jessica’s worries just disappeared into the air. She squeezed the woman’s hand tightly.

 

They made their way to the cottage; and Jessica was surprised that the whole place was decorated with red and pink roses. She has planned this to happen. She turned to look at the woman; she offered a soft gentle smile.

 

“Come on, let’s get you out of the clothes. I got you pajamas.”

 

Jessica was taken aback but the woman just pulled her into the room. She then pointed to the bed. A towel and new pajamas were folded neatly; and her heart felt warmth.

 

“Your bath is ready too. I will prepare dinner for us. Go ahead and shower. Make yourself comfortable and try to relax as much as you can.”

 

The woman was about to leave the room when Jessica held her arm. There was so much feeling in her heart. She felt many things, but she wasn’t too sure if it was the right time. If it was the right gesture for her to turn her back on her abusive husband. Yes, he’s abusive but he’s paralyzed due to an accident.

 

Was this the perfect escape for her?

 

“Don’t think so much. I just want you to relax your mind. Your secretary and your sister have been asking me to take you away for a short break. Don’t worry so much about anything else. This time, just think about yourself.”

 

And the woman left the room. Jessica stared blankly at the door as the woman closed behind her. She welcomed this. She wanted this. She wanted time to herself. So, she stripped to her skin and moved to the bathroom.

 

The bath tub was filled with bubbles and sweet-smelling aromatherapy filled the air. Jessica’s tense muscles on her back just relaxed almost instantly. The soft music on the background was clearly emptying her mind and without any thoughts, Jessica dipped into the bath tub.

 

The warm sensual water hit her back; Jessica felt at ease instantly. Her aching feet; her sore muscles, her broken heart and her tired mind – all melted. The faded bruises on her body; the healed scars and wounds all over her arms – they didn’t seem to matter anymore. Jessica used to hate her distorted body; but not anymore.

 

She spent half an hour in the bathroom before she decided to head out. Her skin started to wrinkle up and Jessica had enough of rest. She was getting hungry.

 

Out in the living room, the woman was moving around swiftly. She prepared dinner; she ensured that everything was perfect. Her smile never left her face; and on her mind was only one thing – Jessica Jung.

 

All she wanted was for Jessica Jung to be happy.

 

“Oh, you’re done?”

 

She noticed Jessica was resting her body against the door frame of the bedroom; staring at her. Jessica nodded.

 

“Come over. Let’s eat. You’re hungry, aren’t you?”

 

“Yes, a little.”

 

The woman sat Jessica down at the dining table. She pulled out the white napkin on the table and laid it out on Jessica’s lap. Being the “gentleman” as she would be; the woman poured a glass of red wine for Jessica.

 

“Steak is on your menu?”

 

“Yes, it is.”

 

“But cucumbers aren’t?”

 

“Nope, I will get sick.”

 

“Got it. So, no vegetables for the lady that is.”

 

Jessica chuckled softly. She hates cucumbers, but she didn’t mind other forms of vegetables, but the woman insisted.

 

“Not taking any chances. You can eat the meat more. I will just chomp down my greens.”

 

Jessica watched as the woman took off all her greens from her plate and replaced with lots of meat from hers. She missed this feeling.  She missed having someone to pamper her; treat her like a Queen and make her happy just like that. That’s simple.

 

“Now let’s dig in.”

 

Dinner was peaceful. Jessica was enjoying every single bit of it. The bath was great; dinner was perfect. Now she wondered what this woman in front of her has in store for her. Dinner was done and now the two ladies were washing the dishes together. The woman was soaping the dirty plates and Jessica rinsed them off with water.

 

It was the simplest chore for one person to complete but Jessica didn’t want to be left alone on the dining table. It was fun; it was refreshing. She never thought she could relive her memories like that.

 

And her husband never once came into her mind throughout the time she spent with that woman. The chore was done; and Jessica found herself sitting on the sofa; with the woman next to her. She found herself resting her head on the woman’s shoulder and then, a soft kiss was shared between them.

 

Jessica stopped everything, almost immediately.

 

“Hang on, I’m married.”

 

“I know.”

 

“This is wrong.”

 

“What is wrong? Me or the feeling?”

 

“Both. I’m someone’s wife. I’m still somebody’s wife.”

 

“Are you saying you’re not enjoying this?”

 

“I’m sorry. This is not going to happen.”

 

And Jessica left as quickly as she could.

 

-

 

“What happened?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“What happened between you and Yoona unnie?”

 

“Nothing happened.”

 

“You freaked out, didn’t you?”

 

“Krystal, why did you get involve in my life issues?”

 

“What?”

 

“I almost cheated on my husband with Yoona.”

 

“What’s wrong with that?”

 

“What do you mean by what’s wrong? It’s wrong in many different levels. Although she’s a woman but the love is wrong; the emotions.”

 

“But you love her!”

 

“So, what if I do?! There’s nothing I can do!”

 

“Don’t be an idiot, Unnie. You think Tyler oppa didn’t cheat on you?”

 

“What?”

 

“He got into an accident because his other woman didn’t want him to leave her. So, she hit his car and died in the crash. His secret is safe, but God is fair. He’s paralyzed from waist down!”

 

“Tyler was having an affair?”

 

“Yes, and you know what the worst thing was? She was pregnant with his child and he dumped her! And Jeon Joo-In is Yoona unnie’s cousin!”

 

 

-

 

“Jessica?”

 

“Do you know Jeon Joo-In?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Jeon Joo-In. Do you know this woman?”

 

“Jessica, it was nothing. We were just friends.”

 

“Friends until you got her pregnant huh? And here I thought I was being faithful to you. I took care of you; I helped you with your business and then you did to me?”

 

“Jessica, please forgive me. I was stupid. I was an arrogant fool.”

 

“Were you even remorseful? Did you remember those injuries you inflicted on me?”

 

“I was in the wrong. That’s why I tried to repent.”

 

“No, you were trying to repent because you were worried that Yoona would steal me away from you. Yoona knew about your affair with Jeon Joo-In.”

 

“Yoona is insane. How could a woman love another woman and hoping for a happy ever after? You left her for me.”

 

“No, I was dumb. I was stupid to think that I cheated on you. I love her. I love Yoona for everything that she is. Even if you wanted to cheat on me; at least you need to be responsible for your unborn child. You should have been a man and admit everything. I would have let you raise the child if you wanted to.”

 

“No, I don’t want a child. I don’t want to have a kid to wear me down.”

 

“Then let’s get a divorce. You can be as solo as you want. And nobody will wear you down.”

 

-

 

Yoona moved out of Seoul and settled down in Singapore. Nobody knew her and Yoona found it easier to move on. She took up the job offer and moved to Singapore. She was a little happier than before, but her heart was still pining for one person. She has a dog and a cat as companionship. They were doing their roles perfectly.

 

So is the name of her dog. Shi is the name of her cat. The pair was angels. They blended well with one another and Yoona loves them.

 

“So, Shi, come over here! It’s time for lunch!”

 

It was a Sunday afternoon. Yoona spent her time clearing her laundry; folded them; cleaned up her kitchen and then mopping the living room floor. It was the same routine almost every week and Yoona never spent time outside the comfort of her home.

 

She was a homebody.

 

“Sheesh, I’m slowly turning into Jung Wheein.”

 

“I heard that!”

 

“You’re supposed to hear it.”

 

“Unnie, you’re being an to me lately.”

 

“I love you, Wheein ah!”

 

“Don’t lie. You’re not supposed to be in love with me. You have someone in mind and I have someone to go after.”

 

“Sure, good luck on that. You’re getting somewhere by doing nothing.”

 

“Shut up, Unnie. I’m thinking of something.”

 

“Do it, before someone comes in and takes her away.”

 

“You’re referring to Moonbyul unnie, aren’t you?”

 

“Your woman is desirable by both genders. I saw her yesterday. She cut her hair short. She’s so gorgeous. She’s so y. It did come across my mind if I could sleep with her for just one night.”

 

“DO NOT TALK ABOUT MY WOMAN LIKE THAT!”

 

“THEN DO SOMETHING AND MAKE HER YOUR WOMAN!”

 

Yoona enjoyed teasing her roommate. Jung Wheein, a 24-year-old para-legal who works in the same company as Yoona. Both were from Seoul; their company sent them to Singapore to work for 2 years. They stay at the same apartment. In fact, Yoona is her boss. Wheein works as Yoona’s personal assistant too.

 

“So, Shi, your mommy bullies me!”

 

Yoona laughed. Wheein might be silly but she’s adorably cute. She has been a good company for Yoona too. They share a lot of things together. And she told Wheein about Jessica.

 

“Wait! Jessica Jung, the owner of Blanc & EClare?!”

 

Yoona nodded.

 

“Unnie, she’s one of the top 10 Entrepreneurs in Asia!”

 

“I know that perfectly. I’m her lawyer.”

 

“Her what?!”

 

“Her lawyer. I helped her with her contracts.”

 

“You were dating her?! HANG ON! ISNT SHE MARRIED?!”

 

“You’re getting louder by the second. You’re not drunk right?”

 

The pair was sitting at the balcony of their apartment. They were spending the New Year together. They moved to Singapore in October and 2 months later; they were just having each other’s company for the countdown.

 

“I’m not. And so, what if I’m drunk?”

 

“Then I will stop the conversation because we both are two broken women. We might end up sleeping with each other.”

 

“Unnie, am I not that good enough for you?”

 

“Jung Wheein, stop talking rubbish.”

 

“No, seriously. If I’m the last woman next to you right now, will you sleep with me?”

 

Yoona stared helplessly at the younger woman. She was trying to judge if Wheein is drunk. She gave up because Wheein was giving her a serious glare then a mischievous smile. Wheein was halfway there. She was getting drunk along the lines. Yoona played along.

 

“I might.”

 

“There you go. You cannot resist me.”

 

“You’re drunk.”

 

“Whatever. You will still sleep with me if Jessica’s not on your mind right now.”

 

Yoona sighed. It was just 3 months ago that Jessica rejected her advances and moved on quickly. She left Yoona in such a haste that she didn’t even take a last glance at Yoona when she left.

 

Yoona was left in the lurch; heart broken. She was expecting that to happen, but she didn’t know it hurt like hell.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m in the same boat. Kim Yongsun drives me crazy all the time. What’s with these powerhouse women in our lives?! They think they can just ruin our love with just ignorance and leave us broken like this?!”

 

“Okay enough of drinking. Jung Wheein needs to sleep.”

 

-

“Stop thinking of her. Go date someone else.”

 

“Say the kettle calling the pot black.”

 

“I’m trying to date, okay?!”

 

“Dating your own best friend doesn’t count.”

 

“Hwasa is helping me out!”

 

“IF you seriously need a date, date me.”

 

“UNNIE, ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH ME?!”

 

Yoona rolled her eyes.

 

“I’m still going to find an opportunity to sleep with Kim Yongsun.”

 

“Noooooo!”

 

Yoona left the crazy Wheein in the living room before she made a run and hide in her room. She grabbed her phone and texted someone.

 

Yongsun, help me. Your girl is driving me nuts. CAN THE TWO OF YOU JUST CONFESS OR SOMETHING?!

 

The phone beeped once.

 

Yoona unnie, I will. With Moonbyul’s help.

 

Yoona frowned. She texted back.

 

Are you trying to kill the poor girl?

 

No, but I love it when she’s rages in jealousy.

 

Talking about jealousy, is Seulgi okay with it?

 

Seulgi? Your old personal assistant? For your information, she’s dating Moonbyul now. And she’s your arch-rival assistant now. She’s working for Yuri.

 

That KID I’m going to scream at her when I meet her!

 

Unnie, leave her alone. Seulgi has been helping you a lot with your certain Miss Jung. Then you left her alone in Seoul.

 

Moonbyul found her and adopted her as a girlfriend. I think she’s the victory. Not me.

 

Oh, come on, just do something about Miss Jung. Stop keeping your life in misery. You know we love you, right? Tiffany unnie said she’s going to kill you when she’s here for a visit.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. Everyone wanted to kill her. Yoona knew Yongsun. In fact, the two of them attended the same university. But Wheein doesn’t know about that. And Yoona wasn’t planning to tell her either. She wanted to watch Wheein freaking herself out.

 

The two women texted for a bit more and then Yoona put her phone aside. She wanted to do something, but she was terrified.

 

She was afraid of rejection. The pain Jessica put her though – it’s still lingering.

 

“UNNIE, I’M GOING OUT WITH HWASA! IM SO AND IM SHI ARE SLEEPING! I SEE YOU LATER!”

 

Yoona chuckled softly. Wheein loves to put her surname in front of her pets’names for god know the reason why. But she was finally alone in the house. The troublemaker has left her alone. Her Sunday afternoons were often this lonely.

 

She had nobody in a foreign country. Well, technically she does but she prefers to be on her own. Dating new women was never her thing. She couldn’t because she hasn’t moved on.

 

“This is so insanely lonely.”

 

-

 

Jessica stood outside the door. She was contemplating if she should press the doorbell. She has flown more than 6 hours to reach here; her divorce went through smoothly; Tyler didn’t make things difficult for her.

 

She’s finally free. She’s not attached to anyone. She’s not responsible as someone’s wife anymore. She’s free to get anyone now.

 

And she’s in Singapore to get her woman. She had to beg Yoona’s friends for her whereabouts. They didn’t want to initially but somehow relented.

 

“Tiffany, please tell me.”

 

“You hurt my baby girl too much. You know she’s my favorite person in the world after Taeyeon, right?”

 

“I know. She’s my favorite person too. I’m going to make it happen for real.”

 

“Are you serious? You’re not going to go back and forth anymore?”

 

“I swear I will never hurt Im Yoona anymore.”

 

“Fine, I will give you her address. But Jessica Jung, if she’s ever hurt or cry because of you again, I swear I will come and kill you personally.”

 

“I promise I will never let her go. I’ll not let go of my grip on her.”

 

There she was. She was in Singapore. And she was just a door away from the woman she loves. She needs to get her back.

 

-

 

Yoona has made up her mind to go for a cycle. She prepared herself; putting Shi in her cat bag and So was already sitting quietly on the front basket of the bicycle.

 

“Okay, let’s go.”

 

She opened the door; she jumped. She wasn’t the only one. There was a woman on the other side of her door. She jumped too.

 

“Sica unnie??”

 

-

 

The two women settled down at the café across Yoona’s apartment. It was a dog café and So was having a ball of his time. He was running around the café with other dogs. Shi stayed with Yoona. She was purring in Yoona’s lap.

 

The two pets had no idea how nervous their owner was. And they couldn’t care less about the woman across their owner either. Yoona drank her iced latte nervously. The other was equally nervous.

 

Jessica looked on as Yoona turned her attention to her cat, Shi. The cat wouldn’t stop purring and constantly demanding for Yoona’s attention. The cat rubbed her face against Yoona’s palm; staring up at her just like that cat in Puss in Boots. Yoona was smitten with her cat; somehow ignoring Jessica’s presence.

 

Damn that cat. I have a rival.

 

Jessica thought to herself. She cleared and Yoona looked up immediately. The younger woman bit her lip; she had forgotten she had company.

 

“So, what are you doing here in Singapore?”

 

Yoona started the ball rolling. At last, the silence was broken. But it left Jessica tongue-tied. The question was something Jessica hoped Yoona wouldn’t ask. But of course, Yoona would. Why would Jessica be doing in Singapore when she has no business with it?

 

“Yoona, I’m here because of something important.”

 

Jessica decided it was time for her to get serious. There was no point beating about the bush. And Tiffany might kill her if she fails to bring Yoona home or at least get Yoona to be hers.

 

“What is it? You have a new business partner?”

 

“Business is not the only thing important in my life.”

 

“But you’re doing great.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

Yoona smiled before she took a sip of iced latte. Of course, she would know. Krystal updated her all the time.

 

“Krystal updates me.”

 

Why that nerve of her little sister?! She told Jessica she doesn’t know where Yoona is!

 

“She said she doesn’t know where you are.”

 

“She doesn’t know. But she often texts me.”

 

“She does?”

 

“Yeah, she does. Why? Is there anything?”

 

Jessica will kill her sister when she gets back. Krystal told her she doesn’t have Yoona’s contact number!

 

“Jessica, I told Krystal not to tell you.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I know you’re probably wondering why Krystal didn’t tell you anything about me, right?”

 

“Uh, yes.”

 

“I told her not to.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“You have a husband. And you’re married.”

 

Jessica knew Yoona was bitter about that. She felt so stupid to insist that she should be a good wife when all she ever wanted was – Im Yoona.

 

“Krystal doesn’t update you about me?”

 

“No, I told her I don’t want to know.”

 

“Why? Because you’re hurt?”

 

“I was heart-broken.”

 

Ouch. That hurts. That broke Jessica’s heart immediately. The last thing she wanted to do was to break Yoona’s heart. But she already did.

 

She needed to do something. She needed to change things; make amend or do anything to un-break Yoona’s heart. She wanted to put Yoona’s heart back together.

 

So, she leaned forward and took Yoona’s hand. Shi, the cat was glaring at Jessica. The woman did the same. She finds it stupid, but she did it anyway.

 

“Let me borrow her hand for a second.”

 

Jessica asked Shi’s permission. Yoona found it funny.  Jessica could have her if she wants to. But she was comforted that her cat was protecting her. And the funny thing was, Shi looked away like as though she gave her permission.

 

“I’m single and available.”

 

“What?”

 

“I filed for a divorce.”

 

Yoona’s eyes grew larger.

 

“He cheated on me before the accident. Something happened between them; and he got into an accident. I didn’t really want to know much about that. The fact that he was cheating on me before the accident was the ultimate reason for the divorce.”

 

Yoona was still stumped.

 

“And I know he was cheating on me with your late cousin. I’m so sorry for being a stupid fool. And I’m really sorry for your cousin’s death.”

 

“Don’t be an idiot. You didn’t cause her death.”

 

“Tyler did that to her.”

 

“It was Tyler, not you. You had no idea who she was and her relationship with Tyler.”

 

“But you knew.”

 

“Yes, I do. Yet I couldn’t tell you. You rejected me; that was when I realized you probably still loves him. I couldn’t destroy that. I’m the third party after all.”

 

“Is that why you tried to make me happy? You kept doing all those things to make me happy?”

 

“Because you deserve to be happy, Jessica. I saw the bruises on your arms. I knew he was hitting you. But you never told me what he did. You protected him. And it was beyond my power to probe further. You didn’t love me.”

 

“You’re wrong. You’re wrong about that.”

 

“What?”

 

Jessica took a deep breath. Yoona was protecting her; Yoona has always been. And she still is right now. Things that she did for Jessica – was out of pure love. She respects Jessica as a woman; as a friend.

 

So, it was up to Jessica to make this happen. She needs to begin again.

 

“I was lying. I was lying when I told you that what we had was wrong. I love you. I fell in love with you. And I fought hard to keep it suppressed. I was no longer in love with him. I was with him because we were husband and wife. I respected him as my husband, but the feelings were already gone.”

 

This time, Jessica was holding on to both hands. The cat didn’t care anymore. Shi was sleeping.

 

“That night when I ran away from you, I knew I would lose you. I knew I was stupid, but I let you slip away from my grip. I miss you. I really missed you. I came here because of you. You’re the most important person in my life and I need to find you. I need you in my life. I want you back.”

 

-

 

Jung Wheein watched with envy. Yoona found her love. She got her woman. She was introduced to Jessica. She went home to find Yoona hugging Jessica on the couch while watching Ironman movie. She was surprised at first but now she was envious.

 

“So, you’re Wheein.”

 

“Yes, I am. I’m her personal assistant.”

 

“Yeah, Yoona told me. You’re really pretty.”

 

“Do I need to move out?”

 

“What?”

 

“I don’t know. I mean if you’re uncomfortable with me staying with Yoona unnie.”

 

Jessica laughed as she pat Wheein’s head gently.

 

“I won’t be staying here for long. I need to return to Seoul. But we’re together now. I will come often.”

 

“I will keep an eye on Yoona unnie for you!”

 

“Woi, what are you doing?”

 

Yoona gently nudged Wheein on her arm; the girl smiled gleefully. Jessica laughed heartily. She was initially worried about Wheein however after she witnessed them together; she knew Wheein was not a threat to her. She’s just too playful just like Yoona. The two were more like sisters or dorks. Yoona was pinching Wheein’s cheeks and the younger girl retaliated. How childish can they get? Okay, Jessica decided the two were dorks.

 

“I will leave Yoona in your hands, Wheein ah. Give me your phone. I will give you my number.”

 

“OH! REALLY?!”

 

“Yes, and I will give you a membership card for my brand. You can get 50% discount.”

 

“Asa!!!!”

 

-

 

Jessica was basking in Yoona’s warmth. It was so easy to confess to Yoona. She didn’t ask for anything. There were no other conditions either. The moment she said “I love you”, Yoona accepted her readily.

 

Her heart has never felt so full before. It was so full of love that Jessica thought it could burst. She loves Yoona so much that she wanted to remain in Singapore for good. Of course, Yoona was against it.

 

“I will be here for 2 years. Then I will return to Seoul. And I have breaks in between. We can always meet each other during my breaks.”

 

“I heard from Tiffany, you’re working with Taeyeon’s cousin too?”

 

“Ah, Yongsun? We used to study in the same university too. She’s a year younger so I was her sunbae. Yongsun has been working in Singapore for 5 years.”

 

“So, she’s a lawyer too?”

 

“Taeyeon unnie is a lawyer. I think her whole family is.”

 

“And Wheein likes Yongsun?”

 

“We have been here for a couple of months. She saw Yongsun during a meeting and has been crushing hard on her.”

 

“That poor girl doesn’t realize that you know Yongsun?”

 

Yoona smiled gleefully. Jessica rolled her eyes. She knew how playful Yoona could get.

 

“Wheein is going to kill you if she knows that Yongsun knows she likes her.”

 

“Yongsun likes her too.”

 

“She does?!”

 

“Yeah, and Moonbyul is Yongsun’s best friend. Moonbyul is a choding just like me. We both are in cahoots.”

 

“Yoona, stop playing Wheein like that. She’s only 24.”

 

“But she’s adorable. Don’t worry, everyone knows Yongsun likes her. Even her best friend, Hwasa knows. Wheein is just a cute little child. She’s so oblivious with things around her.””

 

“I hope she kills you though.”

 

“You’re evil. But I love you.”

 

Yoona wrapped her arms around Jessica’s waist tightly. She kissed her on her forehead. Jessica felt blessed.

 

“So, is Yongsun pretty?”

 

Jessica had to know. Wheein told her something earlier on.

 

“She is.”

 

“Is she hot?”

 

“I would say she is. She performed some powerful pole dance during our last Dinner & Dance. I got a shock of my life when she did some stuns on it.”

 

“Ah, that’s the reason why you wanted to sleep with her?”

 

Yoona pulled away and looked at Jessica. The woman was jealous.

 

“Did Wheein tell you that?”

 

Jessica nodded.

 

“Baby, if you meet this woman, you WOULD want to sleep with her.”

 

Jessica burrowed her eyebrows together. Now she was very curious.

 

“Let me see her photo.”

 

Yoona whipped out her phone and showed Jessica. Jessica’s eyes grew larger.

 

“Oh my god.”

 

“Yes, ohmygod. Now tell me, if you want to sleep with her?”

 

“Wheein must be careful. This woman is really hot.”

 

“Well, Yongsun’s hot but you’re my fire.”

 

“I don’t remember you being greasy.”

 

“I can be a lot of things. You just need to dig further.”

 

True enough, Jessica found something else. Jessica found love in Yoona. She found her happiness with Yoona. She found out that she could never stop smiling being with Yoona.

 

And lastly, she found something even deeper. Yoona was indeed good in bed. Jessica Jung had the best in her lifetime. Yoona made her insatiable.

 

And her life has begun again. And this time, she began her life once again with the woman she loves so much.

 

-