Chapter 1

Shall We Go ?

« I think no one is taking their exam as a serious matter here. You guys should stop playing around and going out all the time. »

 

It was always the same, the homeroom teacher kept scolding the students for their « insufficient work ». Taehyung already stopped listening to him a long time ago. 

He would always spend his time watching the trees outside and how their leaves float because of the wind. He also always made sure that the window was slightly open, just to feel a bit of fresh air.

As the young man was preoccupied by anything but the lesson, his thoughts got interrupted by a paper ball meeting the back of his head.

He reached out for the piece of paper which fell on the floor and started reading it. 

 

« Meet me at the basketball court at 4:15, I have something to tell you. I'll just go somewhere quickly and meet you there !! »

He didn't even bother reading the name of the author of this message because he knew it was his friend.

 

He let out a deep sigh before closing his eyes, thinking about the stupid thing his friend was probably going to tell him.

When the bell rang, everyone rushed out of the room, except for Taehyung who still had 15 minutes left before meeting his friend. He sat on a bench next to the basketball court and drew a few sketches on his notebook.

 

His friend came right on time, running and sweating a bit. When he was only 20 meters away from him , he started waving at him and screaming that he was coming which made Taehyung laugh. He stopped right in front of him and waited a little before speaking in order to catch his breath.

« As you might know, two seniors from class 3-2 went to school last night. You know, they heard the rumors about the scary things that happened here twice. I heard they saw some creepy stuff. »

« What did they see exactly ? » answered Taehyung.

« Well, we don't know for sure. One of the students didn't come today and the other one didn't really want to talk about it. » his friend answered with a frown forming on his face.

« And I'm sure you want us to go tonight to investigate it, am I right SeokJin ? » said Taehyung, crossing his arms and raising his left brow.

« Of course ! We can't lose this opportunity to investigate and solve this mystery. » his friend answered with a lot of excitement in his voice.

Taehyung sighed and started weighing the pros and the cons of going to school at night.

He had only heard a little about the «creepy stuff » that happened in their school during nighttime but he couldn't help thinking that it was just a big rumor.

But, since it was Friday and he had already done his homework, he thought that it wouldn't hurt anyone to tour the school quickly and reassure everyone after finding out that there was nothing frightening there.

« Hm... I'll meet you at the bus stop at 11pm then and be on time! » he simply answered.

Jin started to grin, feeling victorious. 

« Sure, see you later Taehyung ! »

He said excitingly.

Then, they both started to walk away and Jin couldn't help but think that convincing his friend was surprisingly easy. He soon brushed off this thought because he could only think about the night that was yet to come.