Chapter 4

The Art of Not Letting It Go - Annyeongz/2KIM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4

PART 1 - Wonyoung

Wonyoung was listening to some music trying to calm her heart after such intense day. She thought about calling Yujin many times, but she prefered to wait until the next day to confess her feelings. She wouldn't let Yujin fail the school year and go to a distant place. She was going to try her best to be with her friend for at least three more years. She was totally in love with Yujin and she hoped from the bottom of her heart Yujin felt the same. Wonyoung was listening Zion.T "Eat", the song made her think of Yujin and how much she wanted to be with her.

♪♪ I miss you,

I like you a lot,

I want to hug you more often,

I feel something like love for you,

Maybe I really do love you ♫♫

She was humming to the beautiful and heartfelt lyrics when her cell phone rang. Wonyoung looked and to her surprise it was Yujin:

"Hello, Wonyo! It is me!"

"Unnie! I was thinking of you right now..." Wonyoung replied with a shy, but loving tone.

"Really? I was thinking of you too. I want to see you." Yujin replied.

"Me too. I want to tell you something unnie. I thought I could wait until tomorrow. But I need to tell you today..." Wonyoung's heart was beating really fast which each word she spoke to her best friend.

"Then let's go out together. Let's go to the park near our school. Can you come?"

"Of course! I will be there in twenty minutes"

"I will be there in fifteen. I will wait for you, see you in a few."

"See you in a few unnie."

Wonyoung stood still for a few seconds trying to figure it out what just happened. She checked what time it was. It was only 7:30PM. It was earlier than she imagined, she could see Yujin and talk to her for some time. She jumped from her bed and quickly put some jeans and a beautiful pink shirt Yujin gave her a few months ago in her birthday. It took only ten minutes for Wonyoung to be ready. She told her parents and her sister she would leave to see Yujin. Her parents were not used to see their daughter going out so late, but since Wonyoung never broke their trust and she was going to see Yujin it was fine. Wonyoung took a bus and got there 7:49PM. One minute before the time she told Yujin she would appear. She entered the deserted park and it didn't take long to notice her best friend waving at direction. She walked in Yujin's direction slowly, each step was a struggle because she felt nervous. There was so much she wanted to tell Yujin, she only hoped she could find the right words.

She finally reached the bench Yujin was sit in, her best friend lifted and embraced her in a tight hug. She could notice Yujin looked different than usual. She was wearing a bit of make up which made her look breathtaking. "Now it will be even harder to say something, Yujin is glowing in front of me" Wonyoung thought to herself. She rose her face so her eyes could meet Yujin's eyes. They were shining, she never felt as much as in love as she did at that moment. She was completely enthralled by Yujin's aura. Wonyoung gathered all the courage she had and finally broke the silence.

"There is something I must tell you, Yujin... I..."

Before she could finish her words Yujin's fingers touched her lips. Wonyoung's body was shivering when Yujin embraced her once more. She closed her eyes getting lost in the moment. She didn't know how many seconds or minutes passed by when she heard Yujin's voice finally saying something.

"No Wonyo, I don't want to be a coward anymore. This time, I will talk first."

Part 2 - Yujin

Yujin felt Wonyoung's body shivering while they were hugging. She caressed Wonyoung's beautiful hair trying to find the right words to say. She didn't know what her best friend was trying to tell her, but she wouldn't forgive herself if she didn't tell everything she was feeling first. It didn't matter if Wonyoung was now dating Chaewon or not, it didn't matter if she didn't love her anymore. More than anything she wanted to say every word that was in her heart all these years and was never brave enough to speak it out loud.

"Wonyoung, look at me please"

Wonyoung's face finally lifted from Yujin's embrace. She looked into Yujin's eyes with a type of intensity she had never witnessed before. She nodded to Yujin's as a signal she was listening to her words.

"Wonyoung...." Yujin started talking while touching her face. "Wonyoung, today I learned something I should have learned a long time ago. I learned that the answer for all my problems and insecurities was just in front of me. It may sound silly, but right after I went to your classroom and you were not there my heart started to ache. When I knew you were spending your afternoon with someone else and not me I wanted to scream. I wanted to scream so loud because I was so furious at myself. One thousands of things ran through my mind at that moment. It is funny how a few hours can give you the answer you are looking for. I am sorry for not being the best friend you truly deserve, I am sorry that I didn't protect you like you protected me. I am sorry for not seeing that the most important person in my life has always been right in front of me. I am sorry for hurting you so much not opening up about everything that was wrong in my life. I let you worry and I know you suffered seeing me in so much pain. I am not the prettiest girl, I know that maybe I am not worthy of someone like you. But Wonyoung... I LOVE YOU! I Love you more than just friends. I love you in a way that I want to be the one taking care of you. I want to make you smile and make you happy. I want to protect you from all the bad things. I love you so much that I will never shut up from now on. I want to say every day starting from today that you are the angel of my life".

Yujin was breathless. It took all her soul and some more to finally confess to Wonyoung her feelings. She looked her best friend's face and she was blushing. "Was it too much? Is Wonyoung feeling embarassed because she only sees me as a friend? Please Wonyo... Accept my feelings." Yujin was about to cry when she felt Wonyoung's hands holdings hers. They were so warm and perfect. Everything about Wonyoung was perfect... why it took so long for her to notice something so simple?

"Unnie... You are the prettiest girl in the world to me. You have been the prettiest girl in the world to me since the first time I talked to you. I LOVE YOU TOO! I love you, I love you, I love you!"

Part 3 - Wonyoung

Wonyoung kissed Yujin's cheek softly many times. She couldn't believe Yujin confessed her true feelings. She couldn't believe Yujin loved her back. She was waiting for this moment for such a long time. She dreamed this would happen one day and now it finally did. She felt so excited that she didn't even notic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter