Chapter 2

The Art of Not Letting It Go - Annyeongz/2KIM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

PART 1 - Chaewon

-3 months before-

"Hi everyone! This is your fairy Kim Chaewon! I just want to thank you all because my cover of 'Bad Boy' just hit 1 million views! I can't believe it! I will keep making great covers so please like and subscribe this video and as a 'Thank You' gift I am posting a new cover today! It is going to be "Time For the Moon Night" by G-FRIEND! I Hope you all enjoy it! Bye bye and please support fairy Chaewon for a long time"

Chaewon stopped the recording with a big smile on her face. She couldn't believe how many views her cover got! She always wanted to audition for a big company and become an idol, but she was unsure of how it would be. She started calling herself fairy to her youtube followers because of the video comments. They often wrote she looked like a beautiful fairy, which made her laugh thinking about the first time she read these comments. It all seemed unreal. Chaewon was so happy that she thought about calling her friend Wonyoung to celebrate the achievement "Just me and little bunny" That would be perfect! She reunited all the courage she had, she tried her best to not let her feelings show. She already knew Wonyoung loved someone else, but still she was far from giving up. "Don't overthink it Chaewon, Just do it". She took a deep breath and called her friend. After just two rings she heard a voice, but it wasn't Wonyoung.

"Hello" the voiced answered.

"Hello, it is Chaewon. Is Wonyoung there? I want to talk to her"

"Hi Chaewon, it is Yujin! Wonyoung is taking a nap right now. You know how this baby is. hahaha She ate a lot when we were lunching and then fell asleep right after we got home"

Chaewon's heart sank, she was afraid her voice would sound weird now. She was trembling. All the happiness she was feeling seconds ago vanished after hearing Yujin's words. Why should she feel surprised though? She knew Wonyoung and Yujin were inseparable, she knew she could never take her place. But she couldn't help to feel jealous. Yujin could watch her sleeping, admire her face the way Chaewon's always dreamed. She could Wonyoung's hair and take care of her when she wakes up. This was too much for Chaewon's heart.

"Yujin..." Chaewon started slowly "Yujin, tell Wonyoung to call me when she wakes up"

"Don't worry Chaewon. I will! By the way, Congratulations for the 1million views on Youtube! I just saw you uploaded a new video. We should go out tomorrow and watch a movie to celebrate. Tell this to Wonyo when she wakes up"

Chaewon felt defeated. She wanted to hate Yujin, but she couldn't. She would never take Yujin's place. Yujin has always been there for Wonyoung, way before Chaewon dreamed of meeting her. She had to accept it.

"Thank you Yujin! I will talk to Wonyo later. Let's celebrate tomorrow. Bye bye, have a great afternoon"

"Bye bye Chaewon, you too"

Chaewon hang up the phone. Today was supposed to be a happy day! She was one step closer to reach her dream. She was more confident than ever in her singing. She decided to read the comments of her new video. Maybe there were already some comments worth reading. She started browsing one by one. Most comments congratulating her for the views, many saying she was cute and praising her make up and small face. Others asking her to make covers of BTS and Twice songs. "The usual" she said to herself laughing. When she was about to close the page one comment called her attention:

"Hello fairy Chaewon, I am not sure if you will ever read this comment, but I admire you a lot. You are so beautiful and talented. Your voice brings me happiness and every time you upload a new video my heart starts to burst of joy! We study at the same school, but you probably don't know who I am because I am a little older than you. Yet, I hope one day to be brave enough to talk to you. Please never stop singing! I will support you forever"

Chaewon read the message again and again. She was surprised someone from her school would leave a comment like this. Yes, she knew many of her friends shared online the videos of her covers and it wasn't a secret at all she had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter