Two

2,400 Hour Crush

Awkward. The only words crossed her mind. The other workers have gone together for meeting with their bosses. Left out. Hana and Sehun. Earlier Aeyong have left her with bunch of documents, she was taught to key-in all the data in the system. “If there any items you don’t get, feel free to ask the handsome boyfriend beside you”, Aeyong reminded her and bees out of the office room along with the project team.

Sighing. She type on each of the details into the system. It’s been a week of internship yet she hasn’t open up or talk to him that much. She felt uneasy worried she will leave a rude impression on him. As an intern she want to do her task good, collect skills, creating memories and impressed the staff. However, her hard-to-crack inner self didn’t let her do so. her lips, she make a way to toilet, feeling even more suffocated and bothered the executive beside her just sit there doing his job and not minding her. She could feel the awkwardness.

“Um.. Mr. Oh” she about to ask someting

His ears perked, usually student would jumped into informal greetings as stated by his co-worker to call him ’Sehun Oppa’.

He quickly walked to her desk, even though they are just beside each other, the barriers in between their desk somehow got in his way.

Helping her is his duty too sometimes. He got annoyed when Aeyong brought intern student to their team but she barely teach them the basic first. Like hows and whats the management do and standard of procedure. However, it wasn’t his business to step up and ‘talk’. It wasn’t him that apply for interns student. The company rules goes with, ‘Whoever request intern, they are the one responsible on every interns’.

Standing behind her chair, he starts explaining to her things and stuffs. Back of her head accidentally touch his sturdy chest. Too close. She leaned away a little bit feeling uncomfortable. She could smell the softener he probably used on his shirt. Nodding to his words of explanations, she memorized everything in her mental note. “Write on your book, you will be granny and forget this later” he eased up her with chuckles. “Do you have note book? A student must have a notebook. You will need this in your final report” Sehun asked her again.

Biting her lips, she lifted a small notebook she had got from stationary stores.

Sehun frowned, “that’s your memo book not notebook. You jot every task on that.”

“Oh… I don’t have that,” she replied.

He bend down rummaging through his desk to find the newly company planner he got last time.

Usually he has thin patience and would scold students if they don’t have any note book with them. He dislikes it when someone doesn’t take their job seriously. Even if you’re just an intern, every little thing you do and acquire from supervisor must be jot down and treasure preciously.

“Hurmm, I couldn’t find any.” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows trying to recalled where he had place all the newly planner book.

Sensing she had trouble the executive, she quickly respond, “Don’t trouble yourself Mr. Oh. I will buy one myself later.”

She bit her lips, reaching her water bottle.

Sehun shrugged and continue his work.

She comes in after lunch, a new planner book with company logo was placed on her desk.
She heard chatter noise coming from the pantry room sensing it must be the three sisters. They greeted her asking about how her days. Apparently half of her day was spent with Mr. Oh. Until lunch Sehun has ushered her to get out of the office and have lunch, he doesn’t want her to be left alone in the room. Not because he doesn’t trust her. He didn’t want Hana to go through the day without eating any.

Hana is currenly listening to whatever Aeyong talks about her baby and her child. Along with the two sisters in the office agreeing to whatever Aeyong said about her husband not being helpful to took care of their new born baby. She would just laughs to any little thing and give some feedback here and there, She felt comfortable with the three sisters already. Until she notices a figure about to enter the room, she quickly scattered the documents on her desk and start typing busily.

“Hey there hunnie,” Aeyong chirped happily.

Sehun merely nodded chuckles at her childish attempt, as he listens to the same story earlier about her husband. He took a glance beside him, the student doing her task with full focus not minding any business.

Saturday she had promised her friend she will accompany her to window shopping. As she also need some more formal clothes for her interns day. Her friend was talking nonstop about her intern place while rummaging through the piles of clothes in the shop. She’s being the only listener there apologetically smile at the shop assistant for her friend being such chatter box.

“Know what? My boss so damn a fake ! How come she asked us to watch her live instagram during working hours?” she exclaimed frustratedly with her hands on air.

Hana shrugged, “none to blame it is you choose the crappy small company.”

“I know right. This is the most regret decision I have ever made.” She cried.

Being pestered by her friend, they ended up having dinner at pizza restaurant before part way later. Sitting across each other and have some small talk until a waiter come over and placed a plate of mouthwatering spaghetti on their table. Confusedly, “We didn’t order this?” her friend asked curiously.

“It’s on the house.” Someone interrupted them.

Hana and her friend turn to the owner of the voice. Her executive dressed in his casual attire. He looks dashing, in his plaid shirt tucked into his skinny jeans. With his friend, she had saw him at the company in different department and known him as Jongin.

Her eyes blinked wide in shock. Out of all place. She had always wished to never bump into anyone she knows at any place she hang-out.

“Hi, Kim” he greeted her.

“My treat, as a celebratory of welcoming you intern in our team,” Sehun smirked.

He pat her head and told her to eat well.

Walking back to his table getting a scoff from Jongin saying he never treat recent interns for welcome or even farewell.

“Generous charity doesn’t hurt right?” Sehun his lips.

“Charity? To an intern? So I have to get back being an intern in order to have you give me food charity?” Jongin scoffed disbeliefly.

Sehun scowled at him as he threw the onion ring at Jongin causing him to burst into a fit of laughs.

“How was your wedding preparation?,”

Rubbing his temple, Sehun answered. “Tough. The bride family wants it to done very soon. They prefer summer wedding. I have proposed for autumn.”

“So..? Groom Sehun in summer wedding?,” Jongin wiggled his eyebrow mischievously.

“Whatever,” he answered but full attention on his phone replying his fiancée’s text.