Three

2,400 Hour Crush

Sehun saw a set of breakfast when he reached office. Confusedly he sip the hot chocolate. He would switch on the computer as soon as he reached office, after that head out to cafeteria with Jongin. The two office women are chatting to each other. They would tell him if they are on treat, but none pay attention. Aeyong texted early morning, informing him she have to take emergency leave due to her new born baby along with her father admitted to hospital.

Well…team vendor will be just me today, he thought.

Taking a glance the table beside him is empty, Hana probably went to deliver document, he thought. Recalled Aeyong have told him to guide Hana while she absence.

Sehun noticed her desk already filled with files and paper, the other department probably has told her about Aeyong’s absence. Hence, if she needs anything she could have just asks him.

“Morning Hana,” Sehun greeted when he saw her walked in and half-panting, must be because she walk all over the building to sent the required document to respective department.

“Hi, Mr Oh,” she greeted back, reaching her water bottle. Hana chugging her water bottle, nervously as she thinking how to keep the friendly greeting. She could feel Sehun’s amused stare on her, as she almost chokes. “How long have you arrived?” she tried.

“Not long ago”, he shrugged his shoulder. He went on asking about her weekend and they talked for more.

Their talked was interrupted by Mikyung asking Aeyong whereabouts, which answered by the male as told in her text.

Hana slumped down in disappointment when she heard Aeyong absence. It is week three and she hasn’t learned much. Last time her supervisor taught her how to use the photocopy machine and binding machine. Hana was instructed to key-in some data, which she had no clue what it is for. She ought to ask her supervisor. However, the poor girl was said to done it fast because it’s urgent. Aeyong had promised she will teach her next time. Last time, she had Sehun explained to her about her management scope of works. Hana is too shy to talk to the only male worker in this management. Which wouldn’t help her at all to learn something new, her anxiety of talking to guy is too much. The last time she talked to guy alone was when she was assigned for group project with her classmate. She even rides a car with him alone.

Nervously she her lips, running her hand through her long hair as she sighs nervously.

She had asked task from Mikyung right before Sehun arrived. She had done the task in a blink of eyes.

She gets bored, when she particularly pretend to do the same thing over and over. She even deleted some of the written letter she had edited and re-type them for the nth times when Mr. Oh walked behind her to use the photocopy machine.

Gathering her courage, she called out “Mr Oh, do you have anything I can learn or help you with?”

“Anything for you to learn and help…” Sehun trailed, eyes not leaving his computer screen.

“Have you done their task?” Sehun pointed to other side of room.

“Y-yeah” Hana cleared .

“You want task?” Sehun tilted his head looking at her.

“Yeah.. If you have any..?” She answered nervousely at the look Sehun gives her.

“You want but I don’t want…”

“Oh.. eh! what?” She almost answered and gasped only to realize the last sentence. She accidentally let out a scowls.

Seeing that Sehun laughs out loud making his way out telling her to have a good lunch, also reminded her to come back early if she want to learn something today.

 

“I was scold by Mr Jackson,” Mina said resentfully. We always have lunch together. She is the only intern I close to ever since we are assigned under same Division and exchange number. Frowning as Hana ushered her to continue talking.
“I-I accidentally sent a wrong email with different date and it was carbon copy(cc)-ed to each head of department of this company,” A sob escaped Mina’s mouth as she felt the horribly familiar sensation of repugnance and disappointment.
“Mr Jackson said he wasn’t mad at me, but the look on his face and his voice-“ her tears trailed down.
She had asked her supervisor to re-check her task before she submits them. However, her supervisor was too busy with task on hands so she trusted her intern to the extent of sending email on behalf of her.
“We got a called from Mr Zhang, the Head of Facility Department. He was yelling through the phone at Yoora, my supervisor to stop sending any email immediately.” As she wiped her tears sprained cheeks.

Hana listened closely, “Mr Zhang? What is the related with him?”

“The contract is belong to his department.” Mina felt so horrible that she had caused not only her but also Yoora to be scold and yelled at. On top of that, Yoora keep assured her it wasn’t her fault even after she got called by HoD. Yoora kindness had made her guiltiness eat her up.

Hana handed her a cup of water trying to calm her down.

“We are human though, tend to make mistakes”

“But I have caused my supervisor to be scold. I should take responsibility.”

“I won’t say much, it is Yoora’s fault too. She didn’t recheck the draft email beforehand. For supervisor’s sake, interns aren’t supposed to do that. Aeyong and Mr. Oh never let me do anything associated or related with customer matter for now”

“I seriously don’t want to go inside right now” Mina pouted. Hana has encourage her everything will be okay and she have to face it, also the kind Hana accompany her by walking Mina back to her department together.

Glacing at her watch, lunch time almost up she need time to walk all the way back to her office too. Mina not being cooperative makes her sighs internally. She turns Mina to her, “You said you are feeling guilty right? Go inside make it up by working harder than before. Try to focus and do it properly even more. I will email you Mr. Zhang’s extens-“

“No! no! I don’t want to talk to him. He sounds scary over the phone.”

Frustratedly, Hana blow her bangs.

She was about to argue back until someone call out to her.

“Aren’t you coming back? Lunch almost over”

“A-about to, Mr. Oh” she answered. Turning to Mina she squeezed her hands, mouthing she will text her later.

The elevator ride took too long to reach the ground floor. Sehun hold the elevator button waiting for her to step in as of telling her to get in to ride back to office. She stands at the farthest corner of elevator away from Sehun.

“Here, have Aeyong taught you this?” Sehun handed her a printed paper.

Hesitatedly she shook her head.

“This?” another landscape printed paper with full of boxes.

“Nope..” She chewed her mint candy.

Sehun shook his head disbeliefly. Swearing Aeyong inside his head.

“Have she taught you how to key-in data?”

Reaching the mountain-like file beside her, she showed him the exact same printed data given last week.

“Hold on, let me check”

Sehun is going through the paper in silence. Hana turns her head to the other side of office. The neighbor-department are talking to each other, she learned that Mrs. Angela owned two office which another one are placed besides CEO’s office. Which is explained enough how Mikyung and Jaera have so much time to gossip around and watch youtube.

“God help me I don’t get what Aeyong taught you! This is totally..!” Hana heard Sehun talking but more like nagging as he crossed and ticked the things she have done. He tilted his head expecting her to continue his words. Only to slipped out a chuckle when he saw her looking at him confusedly like a ‘cute’ puppy.

“Someone have many corrections. What should I do?” Sehun asked her playfully.

Gulping Hana take the paper in his hand, pointing to some stuff that was taught differently by the Aeyong.

She take a look at it, there is indeed many crossed than ticked. She bit her lower lips, reaching for the water bottle chugging down slowly.

Sehun return to her desk after checking his phone for awhile.

“Come I will teach you” He brought his chair closer to her desk.

Sehun is very strict when teaching, he would point out here and there, and even sighs
‘Write this. It’s important’
‘you have to know this incase…’
‘How come you not know, you are business student.’
‘How would you remember if you didn’t write?’

Hana already too exhausted to learn more, she had enough of today and strict Sehun is not her style, she thought with pouted.

Sehun had gone to attend a phone call on his phone.

Few minutes before the clock hit end of her day.

She had cleaned up her desk, and has her totebag beside her with ready-to-go determination on her face.

She just stepped out of the office when she bumped into Sehun about to enter the office. Sehun called her, “Hey! Who said you can go home? We are not done yet.”

Scratching back of her head, she smiles playfully, when something hit her.

“Mr. Oh! Did you enjoy your breakfast? I don’t know what you like.”