One

2,400 Hour Crush

Walking into the elevator with her friend and mentor. She reached the highest level of office, walking past the CEO office straight to the nearest room. The room with big name plated ‘Corporate Division’ on the door. According to Training Department, Hana and her friend are placed under Corporate Division. As the mentor told them to wait, Hana and her newly friend, Mina, getting to know each other and exchange number for lunch together later. Since it’s their first day of internship they doubt they would be acquaint enough to join the permanent staff for lunch. The mentor called them in to introduce themselves to Head of Division. As they spent few minutes hearing the friendly talk by HoD regarding the background of Division they assigned to. The Head Division then asked them to voluntarily choose neither one of them go to Contract Department and Project Department. “Have you decided? Who will go office below here and who will go all the way to office at building C?” Mr. Lee asked. Looking at each other, Mina and Hana laughs softly. “I think will be better if you decide for us. We barely know anything.” Hana spoke politely and cast her eyes down on her feet as she feel intimidated by the HOD’s gaze. Seeing her shy afterwards, Mr. Lee chuckles and ended up laughing loudly. He ask them to play rock, scissors, papers and he will decide own self afterwards.

Hana found herself at the lobby of Building C after she won the little game earlier. According to the HoD, the winner will be working with paper that required CEO approval most time. She had expected mentor will take her and guide her to her respective department. But ended up she was instructed to take lift and walk back to the Building C. Hana followed the arrow that lead her to the respective department until her feet brought her to an only office room with big signed of ‘Project Management’ and followed by ‘Vendor Management’ below them. Through the glass door she saw six cubicles with five staff all over the room and one particular male with stoic face typing away on his desktop. Not aware of her presence even his desk is directly in front of the glass door, exact place she stands. She pressed the bells, causing all the staff look up and put on welcome smile. A lady with dimples signed her to push the door to come in as she introduces herself as Angela, the Assistant Manager of Project Department. “I was told to f-find Mrs. Kim Jaera.” She spoke with low voice. “Yes, it’s me.” A lady wearing white coat smile charmingly and rise up her hands. Later she found the white pale skin lady beside Jaera is Na Mikyung. Sensing her shy attitude Angela friendly ask her names and explain to her that she will be working under Vendor not Project, as stated by HoD. Vendor has different Boss which office located at Mr. Lee’s building. Angela then brought her to different side of room to introduce her to them team.


“Hello there!” She turned to her right to meet another staff with friendly smiles introducing herself as Mrs. Kim Ayoung, Senior Executive of Vendor. She learned Ayoung unnie:- later she was requested to call the staff ‘unnie’ because more friendly and not too uptight; is the one that request for interns. However the male still not speak a word to join the friendly party of introducing each other. Probably he is the only male. Hana thought at the back of mind. She shrugged invisibly and walked over to Ayoung and offered a handshake. Ayoung instructed her to walk over to the male desk, Hana look at her questionably. She just urged her to move with a smile. Fidgeting around Hana walks slowly to the appointed desk. Not knowing what to do the male keep his eyes glued on pc. She was about to greet him until he sharply look at her with stoic face asking her name, study place, etc. She awkwardly smile and answered his question. Hell is fire and her inside already trembling when he keep his confident gaze on her not tore away even one seconds. She learned his name is ‘Oh Sehun’ when he tries to interrogate her more but was interrupted by Jaera to slow down and let me take a seat first. This Sehun then ushered me to an unoccupied desk right beside him. “Please be comfortable. Since this is your first day have some rest you must be tired after the Induction earlier right.” Sehun spoke lowly trying to sound friendly. She returned him a small smile and muttered a thank you to him. Regardless Hana still feel intimidated by him. It is true she had reached the company at seven in the morning and started gathering along with other interns that enter the same batch as her in Training Room at eight. She was devastated when the introduction and induction started and go on for 2 hours and half.

“What’s your name again?” She startled hearing the voice right beside hers. “Kim..Hana” she replied him with low voice. Shy.

“Then what I should call you?” Sehun ask curiously looking at her with one of his eyebrow raise slightly.

“Miss Kim? “ Sehun asked suggestively. She bit her lower lips, “Hana would be pleasant.”
He his lips and muttered an okay while shift his attention to his phone that lit up with incoming message from his friend asking his whereabouts to have a lunch together. “12PM. Have lunch and be back on time okay?” he informed her as he moved around to reach his car keys in the drawer, stack the paper altogether and stand up ready to walk out. He frowned when he didn’t hear an answer and turn to her only to find she was typing away on her phone with a smile. Looking around the office already empty only left her and him there. He knocked her table getting her attention, ushered her to get out and have lunch.

The clock strike 5PM neither one of the staff packed ready to go home. She waited a little bit to walk out together with the fellow staff. She feels awkward to get out earlier than rest of staff, afraid of giving bad impression on her for being the first one to go home on time. “Aren’t you going home? Past 5” asked Mikyung getting ready to go home. Nodding her head Hana stand up and give a bow to everyone wishing everyone to have good rest as she happily walk to the bus station.

Later that night she and her roommate called each other and talk about their first day.
“What I should call him?” Hana asked her roommate over the phone as she rolls her bangs while starring into the mirror. She pressed the phone speaker. She easily moves around doing her skin care routine.

“I called the officemate Mr. and Mrs.” She heard her friend answer. “Remember? Our Academic Advisor told us to use formal greetings. Call him Mr. Oh!” Her friend added furthermore. “Mr. Oh? Okay then. Mr. Oh why are you looking so intimidated?” Hana imitated cutely, she could heard her friend laughing at her weird imitation as she ended up laughing along. Glancing at the clock she bid her roommate a goodbye and quickly finished her routine before tuck in to sleep.

“Sehun! Let's dance~!” He turned his head at the voice that belong to his own best friend, Kai. Kai is housemate, and also his bunch of close friend in the company. They are at the underground club to release some stress. Although it just Monday, Kai getting dumped by his 2 years girlfriend is an enough story for them to be here. Kai has gotten himself strong liquor as soon as they enter the club. Sehun was sitting at the bar with his another housemate known as Chanyeol. They were talking about usual matter including some politics, girls and his fiancée. Chanyeol was talking non-stop about his team leader applying for female intern but ended up male intern the one that show up at their doorstep. He was feeling disappointed he had high expectance when Training Department inform them 2 weeks ago they will be having an intern as per requested. “Your department got intern too?” Chanyeol asked him excitedly. Sehun smirks. Chanyeol smacked his arm demanding him to wipe off that smirk with exaggerated voice saying how lucky he is he can flirt with younger girl at his department. “Ayoung requested. She said to help her. She just got back from maternity leave, and her stacked of paper keep increasing. That’s why she needs one. She’s not my intern though. I have no business with her.” Sehun shrugged. Somehow somewhere in his head he is feeling excited to work tomorrow. Chanyeol keep muttering how lucky as Sehun is getting a chick to stared at, meanwhile him stucked with bunch of wolves in IT Department.