Chapter 4

I'm sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Momo finished cooking, Sana volunteered to set the table while Mina was sitting at the bar stool beside the kitchen counter fiddling with her computer. Sana noticed her and asked her what she was up to since she looked too preoccupied. Momo interrupted by saying "It's probably Jihyo's schedule for her monthly checkup." Mina heard what Momo said so she glared at her without Sana noticing.

When they finally sat down at the dinner table, Sana was so excited to taste Momo's food. Surprisingly, it didn't taste bad like how she imagined it to be. It was magnificent. She complimented Momo for her cooking and Momo got all shy.

They were having so much fun talking about this and that then Sana remembered Jihyo's absence and asked Mina why Jihyo took a leave. Mina was surprised that Sana knew about it.

Mina shrugs. "I think she realized she needed time for herself to rest." She casually said.

"Yeah. It took that woman five years to realize that." Momo absentmindedly added.

"And she's probably not feeling well these days. She passed out again a week ago. If we didn't bring her dinner, who knows what would--- OW!" Mina kicks Momo under the table to stop her from spilling things. Momo realized what she just said and excused herself to get something from the fridge to prevent from being questioned. Mina redirected the conversation to make Sana stop from asking more questions.

But Sana was persistent. Although Jihyo and her ended their relationship years ago, Jihyo is still someone she considers a friend so she can't stop herself from worrying.

"She passed out? Why what happened?" Sana asked trying her best not to look worried.

Momo, who was at the kitchen, heard the question and exchanged glances with Mina. She mouthed the words "Just tell her already." to Mina, but Mina didn't want to because she had her reasons.

"It's nothing serious. The doctors said she just overworked herself. You know how she is. I had to drag her to the hospital so that she could get herself checked." Mina dropped lies after lies.

Fortunately, Sana believed all of them.

---

The three of them didn't realize it was already past midnight. Momo told Sana to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter