Chapter 3

I'm sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you okay?" Mina asks as she enters her partner's office.

"Right on time Minari." A cheerful Jihyo welcomed her while pointing to a chair for Mina to sit on.

"What's this all about?" Mina raises an eyebrow as she tries to read the situation.

"Hmm. I just wanted to tell you that I have decided on a few things." Jihyo said while pretending to arrange the papers on her table. With what Jihyo said, Mina already had an idea what she wants to talk about, so she just sat there without asking any more questions.

"You know how I feel about Sana... right?" Jihyo directly said. Mina looked at her signaling her to continue. "To be honest, I'm a little scared about this project. I don't know if I can do it... so... I'm letting you handle this one." She tells her while looking directly into Mina's eyes.

Mina wasn't surprised at all. "Jihyo, I understand. But are you sure about this? You can just not let your feelings get in the way. You know, pretend you're over her." Mina suggested.

"I wish it was that easy... I think it will be a lot easier if we don't get to interact as much as possible." She replied.

"I know she was over me a long time ago. But... I'm still not over her Minari. I'm still scared and hurt... and sorry." Jihyo said, her voice almost cracking. "And also, I'll be filing a leave so I'm not just leaving this project to you, but I'm also leaving the entire company in your care."

Mina stayed silent.

"I know it's too much to ask. I'm sorry. I just... I need to do this. For myself." Jihyo continued.

"It's okay. I'm glad you decided to do that. You deserve to rest, and I know you need it. Make the most of your time Jihyo-ya." 

---

A week has passed since Jihyo stopped coming by their office and Mina had already caught up to the work and responsibilities her partner has left her. They also started making the pieces for Dahyun and Sana's home which made her schedule even more hectic than before but thankfully, Sana was really into the process, so she volunteered to take charge. To her curiosity, she asked one of the company's workers why she hasn't seen Jihyo yet when she knows how hands-on Jihyo is with her projects.

"Ah, Ma'am Jihyo?" The worker glanced at Sana before continuing. "I heard from the other workers she took leave."

"Hmmm. Would it be rude if I asked you why?" Sana just smiled, but deep inside she was so ashamed of herself for asking the worker about her boss since it felt like she was trying to gossip.

"I have no idea since this has been the first time she took leave from work and everyone seems happy that she decided to skip."  The worker ponders.

"Why?" Sana laughs. "Is she terrorizing you and the other workers?" Sana humorously asked.

"It's not that." The worker flashes a smile as if she just remembered something heartwarming. "Everyone li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter