Liar Liar

Be My Girlfriend. Truth or Dare

 

From the last episode...

 

 

Minwoo: Jeongmal jwesonghamnida, I will inform the TICs and cancel our...um, relationship. Mianhaeyo to have caused you so much trouble.

Then he bowed and proceeded to leave the school clinic. He looked so broken and dejected, even you felt guilty.

You: *I should’ve listened to all the rules...*

But before he could leave the room, your best friend grabbed his arm and stopped him.

Your Best Friend: Andwae.Minwoo: o.o?
Your Best Friend: If you do that, you will get expelled.
Everyone: MWO?!
Your Best Friend: It’s in the rules and regulations, students who break rules will face severe consequences. I’ve memorized the whole thing.
Youngmin: Because you wanted to find holes to not participate in this event.
Your Best Friend: ...What are you talking about~? :D

Then she explain the rules to Youngmin, your brother Jeongmin and your big sister, who weren’t in Mushroom high and wasn’t familiar with its system. You looked at your bestfriend wistfully, how could she be so natural around people...? While they were engrossed in the traditions in Mushroom high, you and Minwoo were left alone. You stared into space when suddenly Minwoo passed you a glass of water.

Minwoo: Umm... do you want some water? You’ve just woke up... It’s a bit cold, but I’ve tried warming it up by holding it a little longer : )
You: ...Eueng, kamsahamnida.

When you took the water, he seemed to have noticed that you were avoiding having physical contact with him and tried his best not to touch you either. You caught a glimpse of something in his eyes...was it sadness?

You: *Why...are you being so nice to me? I don’t even know you...*
Jeongmin: Aigoo, how complicated...there is no way to wiggle out of this... They have to be seen together like couples, or they could both get expelled.

Suddenly, your big sister turned to you, and asked delicately.

Unnie: Do you...both like each other?

Out of the corner of your eyes, you saw Minwoo look at you, but you avoided his eyes, somehow you felt really guilty, but ‘he’ is in here... Your silence was already your answer. Luckily, Jeongmin was an expert at spotting moods, so he immediately changed the subject.

Jeongmin: Yah, what a unique school, Youngmin, should we transfer over here? ;)

You looked up immediately, if they transferred here, then you could see ‘him’ more often...

Unnie: Jeongmin-ah, don’t scare dongsaeng ;b See? She looks so alarmed to hear her brother will come and oversee her every move.
You: A-aniyo... *I actually was thinking of...*

Then your best friends suddenly snapped her fingers, catching everyone’s attention.

Your Best Friend: I’ve got it! If you don’t want to be together, then all you have to do is...PRETEND! ;D
Youngmin: Pretend?
Your Best Friend: Ne! The rules says they have to be “in a relationship” for one month, so all you have to do is pretend you’re together for one month, and after that, you’re free!
Everyone: ......

Sometimes, you question your best friend’s sanity.

Youngmin: Dongsaeng-ah, it’s not easy to pretend you like someone...
Your Best Friend: But it’s not easy to get in this school, and we all came in for our dream.
You: Umm... I came because it’s near where I live...
Your Best Friend: Okay fine. Minwoo-sshi didn’t come in this school for fun; do you really want to smash his dreams?Everyone: ......
Your Best Friend: So! Let’s start practicing! Please call each other jagiya or yeobo~~~ ^^
Unnie: Aigoo jinjja, you little devil ^^ Hmm... since it’s their choice, let’s just leave it to them? ^^
Your Best Friend: B-but...I’m going to play cupid!
Youngmin: Dongsaeng-ah, gajah~

Then Youngmin half-dragged her out of the room, followed closely by Jeongmin. Before closing the doors behind her, your unnie came to your side and whispered to you.

Unnie: Do what’s best, unnie knows you will make the right choices ^^ And don’t forget, a bad beginning may just be a happily ever after in disguise ;)

And with that, she exited the room, leaving you and Minwoo alone in the school clinic. Before you could start dreading the awkward silence, Minwoo broke the silence.

Minwoo: It’s okay, if you don’t want to...um... be in... a relationship, with me. I understand. I’ll just... talk to Mr.HeadMaster, or something. Don’t worry, if we really get expelled, I’ll make sure it’s only me.

You thought about what your sister said.

You: ...Can you introduce yourself?
Minwoo: ...? o.o
You: I mean...if we were to pretend we’re together...at least we need to know each other more, right? *I just don’t want to be the reason his dreams are spoiled...*
Minwoo: Mwo? You mean, you’re agreeing that we can be together? :D I mean...pretend to be together?
You: ...Eueng...I...I don’t want to be expelled. Other than Mushroom High, all the other schools are really far. *...Why did I explain myself?*
Minwoo: Okay... then... shall we find some time to talk to each other? If we were found to not know each other...who knows what they might do.
You: Eueng...so... we’re pretend couples until the 1 month time expires, deal?
Minwoo: Deal ^^ So...shall we get to physical ed. class now?
You: Ah... I have home science.
Minwoo: Oh yeah, I’m transferred now. Shall we? ^^
You: ...eueng. Umm...one more thing.
Minwoo: Ne? ^^
You: We don’t really have to...call each other...jagiya...or...yeobo..right? o///o
Minwoo: Ah.... o///o let’s just call each other by names...

Then he offered you his hand, like a true gentlemen.

Minwoo: May I? : )

 

 

*Home Science Class*

 

 

You and Minwoo showed up in class, holding hands, with faded red blushes on both faces; one looking at the ceiling, another at the floor.

Everyone: Ooooooooooooooh!

Home Science Teacher: Alright, alright settle down. Welcome the couple, so and so. SO, today, we’re going to be making sushi! Find a partner, wash your hands and put your apron on, then start your assignment!

You were paired with Minwoo, obviously. The class even went as far as to reserve two empty seats at the back of the class decorated with heart-shapes and ribbons just for you two. You were pretty sure it was the art of a certain “angel”...

You and Minwoo then picked up aprons on the table and proceeded to put them on. But somehow...your apron strings were really short at the back and you can’t tie it up without looking at it. You were awkwardly trying to make a knot for the 3rd time when Minwoo finished wearing his apron.

Minwoo: ...Here, let me help you...
You: Umm...

Then he just went down on one knee, and tied your apron, careful not to touch you. This scene was like another version of Cinderella’s glass slipper scene, it’s like you’re a pair of newly-weds.... You felt like your face was on fire with everyone staring. 

After a while of ‘burning’, Minwoo stood up and murmured in your ear.

Minwoo: Sorry...everyone was staring. And if I really were your boyfriend, that’s what I would do for my girlfriend...

 You: Um, I understand. *NOO I DON’T IT’S SO EMBARASSING >.<

But you didn’t want to make a scene, so you just kept quiet and you two started making some serious sushi in silence.

 

*10 minutes later*

You and Minwoo were still making sushi, in silence.

 

*another 10 minutes later*

A few rolls of sushi sat neatly in front of you two. You and Minwoo were still making sushi, in silence.

 

*another 10 minutes later*

Nothing except for the amount of rolls of sushi had changed. You and Minwoo were STILL making sushi, in silence.

 

*another 10 minutes later*

There was a small hill of rolls of uncut sushi in front of you two now. You and Minwoo were, still, making, sushi, in silence. But then, not only you two were silent now; the whole class is unusually quiet too.

You looked up, and saw a whole class of heads swiveling back to their own rolls of sushi.

You: *Were they looking at us..? Are we a little...too quiet?*
Minwoo: Psst! Do you think...we’re a little too quiet?
You: Oh, yes. Let’s um...talk?
Minwoo: Okay...
You: .....*awkward*
Minwoo: ......*awkward*
You: ......I think I’ll just cut the sushi, for some...noise.

Then you picked up the knife and started cutting the sushi rolls.

Minwoo: Umm... what do you like in your sushi?
You: ...Crabstick.
Minwoo: Oh, then I’ll make lot of sushi with crabsticks... : )
You: ...Gomawo... *He’s making it really...convincing*

Then you heard something.

Someone in the background: Do you think they’re real? They look so awkward! I thought she had a crush on someone else...

Then you lost your focus and the knife missed the sushi and cut something else instead. The next thing you saw, was red.

You: Ah!
Minwoo: o.o?

You put your finger to your mouth, but not before Minwoo saw something red drip down onto table. He dropped everything at hand and ran over to you, grabbing your hands away from your mouth; ever so naturally making physical contact with you again.

Minwoo: Yah, don’t do that!
You: Ah...it’s nothing, it’s just a little...cut.
Minwoo: Andwae, we have to treat these little things very carefully. Or you could get scars, or worse, be infected. Chamkamaniyo, I’ll go get a first aid kit.

But before he could move, a first aid kit was placed straight away on our table. But when you looked up, no one was watching you two. Then you realized the windows could reflect things.

You: *So everyone WAS watching......*
Minwoo: Ah...kamsahamnida :)
You: It’s...too much, I’ll just put on a plaster or something...
Minwoo: Andwae! If you don’t let me treat it properly, I’ll... I’ll... I’ll hold your hands for the rest of the day!

Upon hearing that, you sat quietly and looked at him treat your hand. He washed his hands, and then applied something cool on a cotton pad and wiped your cut gently. Then it pricked you.

You: Ss!
Minwoo: Ah, mianhamnida, was I too rough?
You: A-ani...*Alcohol, I dislike you. =.=*
Minwoo: Okay, tell me if something’s wrong...

Then he looked down and continued treating your wound.

You: Umm....Minwoo-sshi...*Why are you so nice to me...?*
Minwoo: ....Mm?

He didn’t look up, still focusing on your hand.

You: Umm......it’s...nothing...

He kept quiet and worked on your hand. While he was focused, you used this time to really look at him.

You: *Straight nose, clear complexion...nice lips...*

You realized he was actually very good looking...you wondered why you never noticed him before.

Minwoo: Is it too tight?
You: *shakes head* Ani...
Minwoo: Okay... Done ^^ Does it feel any better? ^^
You: Eueng...

While Minwoo washed his hands, you inspected your neatly bandaged finger.

You: You’re so good at this...
Minwoo: Aniya, I’m just used to it :) My noona is very clumsy, she’s always falling or tripping herself :)
You: Oh...
Minwoo: Ah! I don’t mean you’re clumsy! I mean, aigoo...

You: *pfft* ... Gwenchanayo :)
Minwoo: o.o....You smiled....
You: ....Um...o///o...eueng.
Minwoo: You look... cute...when you smile. You should smile more :)

Then he smiled at you, the natural sunlight enhanced his features and stars were caught in his eyes. Suddenly it felt like the pain was really washed away...

You: *What is this feeling...?*

Before you could explain the weird emotion, your teacher clapped her hands and called for attention.

Home Scienece Teacher: Alright, more than half an hour passed and I expect you all to have at least finished a few rolls of sushi! But before I put my lives at risk tasting your piles of rice and random food stuffed in seaweed, please ask your partners to taste it to ensure it is edible!

Suddenly everyone turned towards you and Minwoo. You two looked at each other, then at the piles of sushi in front of you, then at each other again.

You: *They look...edible? Right? Why are they looking at us?*

Then the devil spoke.

Your Best Friend: Minwoo-sshi, your girlfriend’s finger is bandaged, why don’t you feed her? ;D

You secretly threw her a death glare. She winked at you, and starting chanting.

Your Best Friend: Feed her! Feed her! Feed her!

Soon, everyone was following, cheering him on. You secretly vowed to strangle your best friend afterwards, but first, you looked desperately at the teacher for help. She was suddenly engrossed in her cook book.

You: *Songsaengnim!!  >A<“

Minwoo, unable to stand the pressure inflicted upon him, picked up a sushi filled with crabstick and proceeded to send it to your mouth. As the sushi neared you, you panicked.

You: *Omo >.< eottoke?? I'd rather die than be fed by a guy that I don't like, but what if they suspect us? >.<***

 

 

*to be continued*