Chapter Three: A Brief Introduction

Sonnie White & The Seven Deadly Sins (GOT7 x MONSTA X) *On Hold*

    Soft rays of yellow snuck through slits of bedroom blinds. Slowly, Sonnie's eyelids fluttered open; revealing her crystallized blue orbs. The alarm clock read 5:00 emitting a sigh from the somber haired girl in response. 

    Today marked the first day of her new secretarial position. Was she excited? Not exactly. Admittedly, she was happy to be working, but this particular occupation wasn't her ultimate goal in life. She just wanted to be truly happy and the only way she felt that to be possible was through baking. 

    Odds of creating a job from that were slim, though.

    Sonnie ran a hand over her face; rubbing her eyes before stretching her back and slowly, yet surely, hopping off of the bed to trudge into the bathroom. Sliding off her light pink pajamas, she stepped into the hot water; immersing her face into the heat for a second in an effort to wake her senses. 

    Considering the busy day she had had yesterday, Sonnie was unable to visit the grocery store meaning she would begin her first day of new work on an empty stomach. Silently cursing herself, she sighed; finishing up her shower and wasting no time on the preparation for her hair and makeup.

    "Perhaps I should do a natural look," she suggested aloud to herself as she through several palettes, "but first impressions are everything."

    Thinking for a moment, Sonnie shrugged; choosing a semi-shimmery champagne color to cover her lid with a touch of a rusty brown to define the corner of her eye. An espresso colored wing made for a cat-eye look which complemented her rosy cheeks and highlighted cheekbones. 

    "Can't forget the most important part," she smiled as she applied a coating of peachy lip gloss before grabbing a can of hairspray.

    Naturally, Sonnie's hair was curly, so it didn't require much maintenance besides a good conditioner, water, and a heavy hairspray. Majority would call her lucky; she looked like a goddess in all fairness. Did she view herself in that way, however? Absolutely not. 

    Then again, few truly love themselves.

    It was 6:30 when Sonnie finally left for work. Considering her car wouldn't be transported until the next day and she didn't buy a metro card, she would have no choice but to walk. This didn't bother her, however, merely because the office was only a fifteen minute trip by foot, five by car. Plus, the scenery was beautiful. 

    Tall buildings scraped the pale blue sky; throngs of busy bodies bustled about. A loud chattering echoed throughout the city as car horns signaled the impatience of various individuals. Women clad in black business suits retouched their makeup, paying no mind to the tall men clothed in pristine suits who swiftly passed by them. 

    It was strangely calming. 

    Sonnie's people watching was soon interrupted, however, by the the voice of her GPS informing her she had arrived to her destination. The building stood out among the others that surrounded it. Instead of the usual black-toned architecture, this particular structure was a shiny silver; mirrored, actually, since Sonnie could observe her reflection. The front read 'Lee & Lee Insurance' in a large cursive font. 

    For a moment, her stomach twisted - why did she feel so nervous? This wasn't her first time working at a place like this. Taking a deep breath, Sonnie took a moment to smooth her hands over the white button up shirt she had tucked away into a long, tight pencil skirt before pulling on the heavy door.

-

    "She left without eating."

    Back home, the souls that were once locked away within the wooden chest were now roaming freely. 

    "Does it really matter?" One of the voices queried, the owner plopping down onto the couch.

    A faint chuckle echoed through the home as the tallest among the seven leaned his thin body against the pillar that dictated part of the living's room entrance.

    "I figured the glutton would be happy she hadn't eaten," he retorted, "considering, you know, it leaves more for the Pig."

    "Just because he's a pig doesn't mean imply he has no heart," another voice stated.

    The man bearing a snake tattoo wrapped around his forearm sighed, "Do you realize how pathetic you just sounded, Goat?"

    "All of you shut up," a louder voice demanded.

    The room fell silent; all eyes fixated upon the sin whose entire chest bore the symbol of the lion, or wrath. His dark eyes scanned the rather cheery room earning a growl of distaste from the back of his throat. 

    "I hate this room," he snarled, "it's so -"

    "Bright?" Smiled the sin bearing a snail tattoo upon each shoulder.

    "I was actually going to say human-like," Wrath responded. "It's too cute - I preferred how it was previously."

    Goat sighed a bit as he picked up one of the cream colored pillows, "I think it's rather lovely. This place needed a female's touch."

    "Coming from Lust, I'd expect nothing less," replied Pride whose back was covered with a large depiction of a peacock. 

    The Pig took a step forward, inspecting the gaming consoles upon the glass table, "I actually agree with Lust - I think it's nice having her here."

    "You just want her to cook for you," retorted the Snake, "otherwise you'd feel the same as Wrath and I."

    Pride raised a curious brow, "You all speak as though you're planning on revealing yourselves to the human."

    Another growl emitted deep within Wrath, his fist slamming against the wall, "None of you are to talk to her! Do you understand? If you do, I will see to it that you receive the proper punishments. Am I clear?"

    The six sins peered at their leader with mixed expressions, but replied in unison, "Yes, we understand."

    The Lion scanned the room, cracking his neck, "Now to find that stupid cat." 

 

To be continued.