Chapter Four: Kitty Cats & First Impressions

Sonnie White & The Seven Deadly Sins (GOT7 x MONSTA X) *On Hold*

    "So you're Ms. White?"

    Peering up from the ground, Sonnie rose to her feet to greet her new boss. Bowing, she shot a polite smile, "Yes, it's nice to meet you, sir."

    "Ah, please," he smiled as he took a seat behind his rather eccentric cherry wood desk, "my name is Minhyuk, but call me Mr. Lee."

    Sonnie nodded, a pleasant smile on her face as he shuffled through a small stack of papers upon his desk. The room was quiet for a moment before his buttery voice spoke up, "I see you will be working as my own personal secretary, correct?"

    Personal secretary? She had known she had applied for a secretarial position, but not to be some higher up's assistant basically. Considering all she had gone through to get here, however, the somber haired girl nodded somewhat reluctantly; earning a bright smile from the man before her.

    "Lovely!" He clapped his hands together once. "I promise I'm not as scary as my father."

    "Your father?"

    "Mm," he nodded, "the actual  Mr. Lee of Lee & Lee Insurance."

    Rising to his feet, his slender legs carried his toned body to a bookshelf where he picked up a picture frame that held a photograph of two older men.

    "This is my father," he pointed to the man on the right and then panned to the remaining male on the left, "and this is my uncle. Together, they inherited this business after the passing of my grandfather and his brother."

    The once bright smile Minhyuk wore upon his face had twisted downwards slightly, eyes gloomy as he explained, "My father is bed-ridden and since my uncle's death occurred two years ago, he passed the company down to my brother and I."

    "So it's a family business then?"

    "Tradition, business," Minhyuk agreed, "whatever you'd like to call it."

    Sonnie nodded - at least now she knew why such a young looking man was running a popular and fairly successful company. 

    "Your brother works here then?" 

    Minhyuk shrugged slightly, the sweet smile returning, "More or less, yes. Despite there being only a year's difference between us, Jooheon still has some maturing to do. As of now, I am the CEO of Lee & Lee Insurance, he is the President. Still a high-ranking position, but he doesn't have the final say, nor do I think he wants to, to be honest."

    "Oh," he caught himself, sliding a hand over his mouth, "I've spoken a bit too much, haven't I? Please forget that last part, okay?"

    Sonnie nodded and rose to her feet, "I have no idea what you're talking about, Mr. Lee."

    This earned a chuckle from the slender male as he gathered two binders from his desk, extending them to her.

    "These are your first tasks for today," he stated. "I wanted you to ease into your first day since you're still probably trying to adjust to everything. Finish these and have them on my desk by the end of the day, please."

    Bowing, the young woman beamed politely, "Yes, sir."

-

    "Here kitty, kitty!"

    Wrath roamed throughout the house, eyes scanning over every nook and cranny the small animal could possibly be hiding in. The six other sins followed behind - well, five, actually. Sloth had said he'd rather look for the fluffy feline on his own, but everyone knew he was actually just utilizing that particular alibi so he could take a nap.

    "Wrath," sighed the Toad, "is she really that important?"

    Turning on his heels rather abruptly, the Lion faced the younger male before him, "Are you forgetting that she was the one that banished us to that cramped chest for six years, Greed?"

    "Still," chimed in Lust, "I don't really see the need to find her. She was punished, herself." 

    This time Envy was the one that spoke up, "You're only saying that because you fell in love with her."

    The Goat was quiet for a moment, "Perhaps, but if anyone should be punished, it's me. If I hadn't pursued her, she would have never fallen in love with me which means no sin would have been committed. We wouldn't have been cast into that box and her soul wouldn't be trapped in a cat's body if it weren't for my actions, so if you're going to punish someone, take it out on me."

    The two sins' eyes locked upon each other in a piercing glare before Wrath cut the heavy tension, "I'm going to punish you both eventually. I'm just starting with her."

    As the Lion turned, the Goat reached forward as he slammed on his palm onto Wrath's shoulder. "If you even attempt to lay a hand on her," Lust began, his eyes now eerily downcast, "I'll make sure you're banished to the depths of Hell for good, Wrath.

    Roughly pushing the hand from his shoulder, Wrath opened his mouth to fire back, but a soft voice interrupted the escalation. 

    "That's enough, I'm tired of hearing you two."

    Turning their heads, the sins' eyes fell upon the beautiful Siamese who stood upon a ledge just barely tall enough to be out of Wrath's reach. 

    "Ara," Lust spoke in awe, "is that really you?"

    The pretty little feline flicked her tail, "Didn't you hear? My new name is Mochi, Jinyoung." 

    Strangely, this brought a smile to the sin's thick lips. Despite the steady flutter of his pulse, he couldn't help but feel sadness seeing the once human girl he had fallen so deep in love with sitting before him in the form of a small beast. 

    "So should I deal you your punishment now or after I kick Jinyoung's ?" 

    Ara sighed, "Oh hush, Jaebum. I believe we're all suffering, but not as much as the woman who resides here."

    This time it was the Pig who spoke up, "What do you mean? She seemed perfectly content to me."

    "On the contrary," retorted the Siamese, "I picked up on her energy as soon as she stepped into this prison."

    Jaebum raised a speculative brow, "I have to agree with Gluttony on this one, Ara. She seemed fine."

    Utilizing her tail as a pointer, the small cat motioned to Sonnie's bedroom, "If you need hard evidence, take a look in her music box sometime. Otherwise, pay attention to her actions when she returns."

    Envy stretched his arms out above his head with a yawn, "Yeah, yeah, whatever. What I'd like to know is what we're going to do exactly now that we're released. Sure, we can roam freely when she's gone, but that's only for a few hours out of the day. What happens when she comes back?"

    "We can still roam freely," spoke Pride, "it's not like she'll be able to see us."

    A loud yawn echoed within the room as Sloth trudged in to join the others, "I wouldn't be so sure about that. She was able to open the chest. No human besides Ara has ever been able to do such a thing and look where that got her."

    "We'll be fine," Pride sighed while rolling his eyes, "trust me. What happened with the cat was just a freak incident. No humans are supposed to see us - we're the Seven Deadly Sins."

    It was Wrath who rolled his eyes this time, "Don't call us that; you make us sound like a boy band."

-

    Sonnie sighed a bit as she plowed through the piles of paperwork before her. If this was a simple workload, she was definitely not eager to see the normal amount. 

    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

    It was during this moment that the young woman began regretting not going to the grocery store the day prior. Glancing at the clock, she sighed in relief; it was a little past 12 PM meaning she had approximately thirty minutes to eat lunch.

    "Hey, new girl," Hana, one of her co-workers chirped, "are you getting lunch now?"

    Sonnie nodded, her second peer continuing, "How about you come with us then?"

    Locking the paperwork in her desk, the blue eyed female quickly scanned the women who proposed the offer. While their words sounded sweet, the expressions the two women wore intended otherwise. 

    "I'm actually meeting up with someone," the new girl lied with a polite smile, "but maybe next time!"

    Bomi, who Sonnie presumed to be the leader of the two, played up a small frown, "Ah, well next time, definitely!"

    The three females exchanged farewells; Sonnie sighing in relief as she peered at the clock. 12:10 - damn. Quickly, she rushed out of the office; mind pre-occupied as she frantically searched in her purse for her wallet and cell phone - unaware of the clients who walked around her before she finally came to a stop at the elevators.

    "Perhaps you should focus on walking."

    Still mindlessly searching for her belongings, Sonnie paid no mind to the man's scoldings. 

    "Excuse me?" He placed a hand on her shoulder; the somber haired girl immediately shrugging it off. 

    "What are you going on about?" Her tone of voice was harsh, but her demeanor instantly softened as her eyes fell upon his figure. 

    Lee Jooheon, the President of the company, stood beside her. The second boss who just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time; dark eyes watching her every mistake. To top it off, he was on the receiving end of her impoliteness. Prior to today, she had only seen him in photographs.

    Go figure this would be her first impression.