Chapter Two: Stereotypes & Mochi

Sonnie White & The Seven Deadly Sins (GOT7 x MONSTA X) *On Hold*

     "Oh sweet mercy," Sonnie sighed as she slumped down against a stack of empty boxes, "it's over."

    The once brightly lit living room was now overcast; orange tinted pink light peeking through the blinds signalling that the day was nearing an end. A few boxes remained unpacked, but merely because Sonnie had ran out of space. 

    "Alright," she spoke to herself, lifting a couple of the remainders into her arms, "let's put these away in storage."

    The house was small, but fortunately had a pretty decent sized attic. Altogether, the home, itself, was cute. Inside, light cream colored walls paired nicely with white baseboards. Mirrors and peach colored paintings hung in various areas. A pristine white couch draped with a peach throw and accented with cream decorative pillows rested against a long, white framed, three paneled window. Flowy white curtains draped neatly against all of the windows within the house; complementing the cream walls beautifully.

    On the wall hung a decently large flat screen television; below, a two tiered glass stand holding her gaming consoles on the second ledge and a vase filled with faux white, peach, and light gold dusted peonies and daisies. The glass coffee table held a row of three white and cream colored marbled candles.

    In the kitchen, similar decorations were utilized. A vase of white and cream colored peonies sat atop the small kitchen island with green bulbs and strands of baby's breath poking out in various spots. Short white lace curtains draped sweetly against the large bay window above the sink; a view of the green backyard fully visible. The kitchen is what Sonnie loved most, actually. For the longest time, she had always wanted a cream colored French Provincial style kitchen and she finally had it. Well, after she renovated it, at least. 

    Originally, the kitchen was plain and simple - one that you would find in any home regardless of country or state. Now, however, it wasn't completely extravagant, but the large, creamy, swirled oven hood definitely added a flair. Altogether, the house was clean and bright; cute, but elegant. It was cozy and actually felt like a home - something Sonnie had always wanted and now, finally had. 

    Even if it did put her a few thousand in debt.

    Pulling the chain to the attic, a row of stairs swiftly slid down onto the lightly colored tile. Carefully, she balanced the boxes in one arm and held onto the ladder with her free hand as she slowly began stepping up. The air in the attic was surprisingly cold considering heat rises. Of course, this didn't even remotely alarm the young woman.

    It took ten minutes for her to finally finish storing what was left of her belongings in the once spacious attic. As she was preparing to leave, a dark figure in the corner caught her eye. Usually, a normal human would merely ignore it, walk downstairs, and continue with their life. Sonnie, however, always had to be extra in some way, shape, or form, so she did what she does best: Placed herself in a situation that she should have probably avoided.

    As she stepped closer, she squinted a bit before kneeling down. The figure was a ---- wooden chest? How anti-climatic.

    "Huh," she shrugged a bit before plopping herself in front of it, "I guess the previous owners forgot this."

    The chest, itself, was rather pretty. Dark wood paired well with the golden trim and lock. Intricate carvings of what appeared to be seven animals all corresponding to specific colors - or so it appeared. Utilizing her phone's flash light, she inspected the odd looking artwork.

    A violet hued peacock, emerald green snake, wine red lion, bright yellow toad, sky blue snail, tangerine tinted pig, and a royal blue goat.  Sonnie wasn't entirely sure what the symbols meant - she just assumed that whoever made the chest must have really liked animals.

    "Would it be a breach of privacy if I look inside?" She queried aloud to herself. 

    Contemplating for a moment, the blue eyed girl's fingers clasped around the lock, but she was only able to lift it less than a half of an inch before a sudden pressure against her back caused her to lurch forward. Clutching her chest, Sonnie's wide eyes met those of a cat. 

    "What in the," she muttered, "did the previous family forget you, too?"

    The grey eyed Siamese purred cheerfully; nudging the young woman's leg as its tail flicked back and forth. Completely forgetting about the chest, Sonnie shook her head a bit as she scooped the feline into her arms.

    "I always wanted a pet," her fingers delicately the back of its head; pushing a long tuff back to reveal a light pink collar. "Ah, you're a girl kitty, huh?"

    Sonnie searched for a tag, but instead, found a small bell and white bow attached to the fabric. Thinking for a moment, she smiled before softly booping the kitty's nose, "Since you're nameless, I'll call you Mochi."

    Mochi purred in response and Sonnie smiled; finally walking back down into the main area, feline in arm. The somber haired girl went on about her evening - unaware of the presences that lurked above. 

    Cue the slight hop of the chest and in one semi-swift motion, the lock unhinged itself; lid flying open.

    "How stereotypical," spoke one of the voices.