"... I know there's no making this right"

[SongFic] Waste It On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*Yamada Rio’s POV*

 

 

“Kim-chan mentioned that you love pancakes… with strawberries and cream?” A massive plate of my favourite dessert was placed right in front of me and my eyes glistened in delight. I blinked twice and just eyed the beautiful masterpiece in front. Just a few centimetres away, looking back at me was a 4 layered pancake topped with massive strawberries and ice cream sitting happily with chocolate sprinkles on top. God, I must be in heaven! 

 

 

“So… That’s your weakness, huh?” The guy sitting across smirked in delight before taking a small sip from his strawberry shake. His actions made me gain my usual composure. I swear he just likes teasing me! I shouldn’t take this guy seriously.

 

“After this, we need to go back… Kim-chan will kill us BOTH!” I warned, my eyes still locked on the plate. He then signalled me to start eating. I took a bite and AHH! It was just how imagined it to be. XD

 

“Rio-chan is cute ne?” Yama-chan remarked and left off a soft giggle. I felt a sudden hot sensation on my cheeks after hearing those words. After all this time, I’ve lived all my life labelled as just a ‘normal’ girl and someone ‘not special’. Indeed, I’m not used getting a lot of attention, especially from an idol!

 

I tried my best to counter what he said… “I’m not cute at all” I frowned and took another bite from my precious dessert.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re still thinking about what that BASTARD said… I should’ve punched that guy when I had the chance.” he insensitively said which in turn made me a bit annoyed. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not angry at Yama-chan… it’s just that, every time I remember him, the sound of his voice saying words of rejection rings continuously inside my head. 

 

“Punch him? You can’t even kill a spider!” I teased and I swear I saw his facial expression change from being ‘cool’ to being ‘embarrassed’. He may be annoying at times but he can be cute too.

 

“Who is it anyways? I just know he works in the Jimusho since the only people who can get in the building are staff members” he said with a frown. Is this guy seriously trying to deduce who my ex-boyfriend is?

 

“There’s no way I’ll tell you!”

 

“That’s so unfair… I’m so curious!” he replied with pout… “At least tell me how you met him”

 

“No”

 

“Please!”

 

“I’ll buy you more strawberry desserts!” he bribed which made me gulp. More strawberries?? Who can resist? It wasn’t long when I felt my head slowly nodding on his offer. 

 

“Fine! But if you tell anyone, I’ll feed you to spiders!” I threatened. He seems very interested since he pushed his drink away from him and placed both of his arms over the table as he leaned closer.

 

“His parents and my parents are friends… we only dated for 4 months but half of that time, he’s away for work anyway. But for a minute there, I actually believed that he liked me. Two days before I was dumped, I caught him kissing another girl. I was going to end it but he beat me to it… he told me I was too ‘boring’ for him. Well, you heard that part ne?” I tried to soften the atmosphere but Yama-chan just looked at me with sympathetic eyes. I don’t know why but, having told this to someone, somehow, made me feel better. Somehow, I feel like I can trust him. 

 

“Well, he must be crazy. You’re the most interesting and the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met” his crisp, manly voice took over my thoughts. I felt a sudden tingle in my spine which made me want to scream! What’s wrong with me? Why does his words keep bugging me? 

 

I tried to stay calm but just felt myself randomly poking my dessert with my spoon. The melting ice cream on my pancake is perfectly depicting how my heart is acting right now. 

 

I messily took another bite from my ice cream, trying to ignore what the latter just said. I didn’t even notice splashes of cream landing on my face. 

 

Yama-chan must’ve sensed that I was panicking since he held my wrist to stop me from taking another spoonful before I choke myself… “Take it easy, geez. You really can’t take a compliment, huh?” he chuckled at my state. 

 

“Is it that delicious?” he tilted his head and asked.

 

“Hai hai! Do you want to try it?” I replied in a single breath. I’m just thankful that I successfully changed the topic. After saying this, I scooped a spoonful of ice cream from my plate and offered it to the guy in front. 

 

I expected him to take a bite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter