"... Love is Messed Up"

[SongFic] Waste It On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Yamada Ryosuke’s POV* 

 

 

It was a bright sunny day and as usual, at exactly 8 in the morning, I found myself involuntarily walking towards our dressing room - as if my body already recognised it as a routine. It’s been like this for weeks now, practicing endlessly for our upcoming concert, sleeping late and barely having time to do our hobbies. I dragged both my feet into the said room and just prayed for the hours to go pass quicker. To be honest, the only thing that keeps me sane right now is the thought of seeing her today… 

 

“Rio! You really need to get over that jerk, you know” As soon as I entered the room, I heard a familiar voice taking over all the noise present. Maybe she said it a little too loud as all pairs of eyes were immediately diverted to her direction. 

 

I heard Kim nee-chan sigh and faced the younger girl in front of her. You see, Kim-chan is our most trusted manager. She’s temporarily taking over our old manager's role who just went on maternity leave 3 months ago. And who’s that poor girl she’s lecturing? Well, that’s Rio-chan. She’s Kim-chan’s best friend and she agreed to help out with her manager chores to earn extra money to pay for her Masteral Course in University.

 

“Shh! Nee-chan! Can you keep it down?” I heard her say whilst shaking the older one’s shoulder. She then awkwardly looked around the room, hoping that she didn’t attract any attention. But it was too late. By now, all the JUMP members are looking at their direction, curious on what their topic is. 

 

I saw Rio cutely bowing her head down in embarrassment whilst biting her lower lip, making my heart flutter a bit. Yabai! I need to stay cool. 

 

“Keep it down? No way! I need to set you up with someone… FAST!” Kim spoke again, not minding the extending ears of all the boys eavesdropping in their conversation… “How about that trainee idol we met yesterday? He seems into you!” the older one continued which made me quite annoyed. Why set her up with someone else when I’m here? Hello?!

 

It was as if Hikaru-kun heard what I was thinking when he said: “Why look anywhere else when we’re here? You can set Rio-chan up with me!” Hikaru smirked while making eye contact with Rio who seems to be frozen to where she was standing. 

 

“Uhmmm…. NO!” Kim shook her head and just pulled Rio away from the flirty Hikaru. I, in turn left off an unobvious sigh of relief. Thanks, Kim-chan. 

 

“How about Kento-kun? Fujigaya? Yuta-kun? Kitayama?” Kim-chan is now basically enumerating all the ‘eligible’ boys she can think of that may interest Rio’s taste. However, Rio just slowly shook her head and listened to Kim-chan’s endless nagging. 

 

I watched her smiling up close and I got to tell you, it was addicting. She wasn’t smiling at me but still… her smile made me calm and relaxed. I remembered the first time I met her…

 

 

 

 

*Flashback - 2 months ago*

 

“I need to break up with you” I heard a crisp sounding voice coming from one of the rooms in the Jimusho. I just happen to pass by when I heard heart breaking words from a man inside the room. I didn’t look to whom the voice belongs to but curiosity made me stay outside to listen in to their conversation…

 

“D-Did I do something wrong?” Another set of vocals was heard, obvious that she’s in the verge of crying. 

 

“It’s just that… You’re not that pretty… and you’re kinda boring” The man replied. I felt my own fist clenching at those words. How can he say something like that to a girl? He needs a serious PUNCHING ON THE FACE!

 

A moment of silence filled the place. I fought the urge to enter the scene but I’m afraid that if I do, they’ll know that I was eavesdropping. I wasn’t given another chance to change my mind when I heard the man exiting using the other door located opposite. 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter