three

A Bouquet of White Flowers

We always meet at that house every night. My place became "our place" now. There were times that Chaewon couldn't go because of her 'job'. We got even closer because of the nights that we always spent together. We had a lot of similarities that's why it wasn't so hard for the two of us to click. I don't know who is Chaewon in my life right now but what I know is that she's very special to me and she makes me very happy. 

It's been weeks already and Chaewon hadn't arrived yet here in Korea. I guess she's still in Japan right now but her missions usually takes two to three days only. I was starting to get worried. 

I was just busy admiring the night sky and the city lights when I heard someone whistle only to find out that it was Chaewon. I immediately ran to her and hugged her.

"I see you missed me." A soft giggle escaped her lips as she hugged me back.

"Are you alright? What took you so long?" 

"I'm sorry, Minjoo. There were some complications but it's all good now." 

She gave me a bouquet of white flowers. It was beatiful and it's my favorite color. She hugged me tight while we were admiring the night sky full of stars that were shining so bright. 

"Chaewon." 

"Hmm?" 

"Please don't leave me again." I told her as I tightened my grip on her shirt.

"I want to but I still can't, Minjoo. I promise you that this is my last mission, after this I'll never leave you again. We'll start a new." 

"Really? When are you going to leave then?" 

"Tonight." 

I got teary eyed. What if something bad happens to her?

"I'm just worried, Chaewon. What if something happens?" 

"Don't you ever think like that, Minjoo. I can handle this. I've been doing this for so long. I'll be safe." 

"What if you never return?" 

"I will. I will return for you." 

She kissed the top of my hair as I leaned my head on her chest. I wish that times like this would never end.