Customer, Her Journal, and I: Epilogue

Customer, Her Journal, and I

27th January 2018

Today was the worst day in this week alone. Loads of proposal piled up on my desk, thought I quickly finishing whatever the matter is, —it is not even reduced to my usual amount of works to do.

I wonder, is this the karma that I get after I’ve been slacking on my assignment for these two days, —or is this the karma because I keep pestering my secretary to pushed away some schedule that I didn’t really want to do.

Which deep inside I know it is actually both. Lol

I guess I have to pull out another night to get these done by tomorrow.

OH! I almost forgot. I did mention today was the worst day, but not all the events that happening today is bad.

So, I went off to a meeting with Mr. Yoo from Reilgh Co. when I passed this small cafe—I don’t know? In suburban maybe? —but nevertheless I still remember the place.

I almost told Mr. Kim to stop for a moment so I could at least grab a cup of caffeine, which he refused and make a reasonable excuse why we shouldn’t do that, and we’ll be late would be the first on the list.

From outside alone it has a good atmosphere, something which totally my style. You know, I like comfort and silence the most. We’ll see if the coffee worth the shoots.

 

29th January 2018

I am totally lost of words today. —my lord, —I can’t believe this, neither you will—but, Whee In—my dear puppy! She is already preparing for her debut exhibition—well, technically it still collaboration, —but still!

And I can’t believe it has been years since she graduated and said she’ll pursuing her dreams instead of following her parent’s path.

Why do I feel like a proud Mom?

While on topic, Hye Jin was the one who told me that. Which I still can’t accept why Whee In didn’t even told that wonderful news by herself. I know she would—but did I really need to hear from another person?

I guess her shyness is just in another different level.

 

10th February 2018

I am really sorry for not visiting you earlier, since I’ve been away for Japan business trip.

It was hell for me—as the whole day the guilty inside is growing and for a moment while I was at the meeting—I lose my focus. Come to think again, this is the first time in years, I didn’t visit you on time.

But, I gave you Valley Lily alongside your favourite Sunflower as an apology.

Please forgive me.

I missed you, —a lot, Yoon.

And also, I saw some flowers in front of your tomb, —was it from your parents? Wait—it’s a silly question indeed. Of course it was.

After all, you’ve been loved by many people.

Well, enough of the depressing talk. Not that I said you are a depressing topic tho, but listen! Remember that I said I saw a totally my kind of café right? I kinda forgot about it since the hell frantic business I had, and guess what?!

Right after I visited you, I drove to different route to prolong my trip. After all, I didn’t need to go home immediately.

Don’t mock me!

I am still single by choices okay! You know how everything went for my latest date was.

Anyway, I was right! The café totally my style! Lol, so relaxing—calming. As expected, it soothes my soul.

I forgot to mention the coffee is really nice too. They have house blended coffee, which I remember mine was Samba honey roasted and Kintamani light blended. I know... I should have cut my caffeine take. I think it is slowly taking toll of me lately. But hey! It is THAT good you know. I wished you could try them too.

Thus, I spent my whole afternoon there and promised to myself I’ll definitely coming back there.

 

15th February 2018

So... Finally! The date has been decided! Whee In said that her exhibition would be held on—wait, I actually forgot the exact date, 20ish July or was it late June?—anyway it is someday around them!

That remind me, I should tell Mrs. Park to put that on my schedule.

Oh good lord, I couldn’t wait! She is so excited about it. But I could hear Hye Jin behind her telling that she should focused on finalizing her last sketch instead of wasting her energy getting excited about it.

These two getting cuter each time, even until now.

Don’t worry Yoon. You are cuter.

 

21st February 2018

Did I say something about the pair of those brats is cuter each day? Forget about it.

They.Are.Freaking.Nightmare.

How the hell they didn’t tell me the exhibition would be held in Fribourg??!

WAIT! Even I know it through the brochure that she send to my office!! Whee In said she thought Hye Jin already did and so was the way around, but they DID NOT TELL ME ANYTHING!

I thought they would held it in Korea, —well, at least Japan?—

BUT.NOT.FREAKING.SWISS!

Damnit that genius. I didn’t know those old men in association would thinking that highly about my Wheepup.

Sigh.

I didn’t know I should even happier or about to going rampage about this news.

 

22nd February 2018

Today I went that suburban café for a good taste of doppio, —as expected when you already taste something good, you couldn’t go back to your daily dose of normal, ordinary coffee.

Did not stay that long, you know. It was a quick trip before I went for business in another town.

 

3rd March 2018

Lately I found myself drowning in the pile loads of works. Even when I went to hang out after office time in the café, I think of nothing but works.

Since when I becoming this workaholic self, I wonder...

 

31st March 2018

Well, —I thought I couldn’t be more attached to the café, —but I guess I was wrong. I am totally in love with that café. Apart from the reason I’ve told you for these past few weeks post, —I cursed myself, how could I once ignore the existences of gorgeous lady. I never realised she was working in the café, —or maybe we have parted ways, every single time of my visit.

Hoping it was the later tho.

And you know, again—the mere thing that I noticed first is that—she had this same mole on the top of left eye, —just with yours.

Don’t tell me you purposely setting up this meeting, right?

It would be really funny if one day, we start dating and she asked why I were attracted to her, and said “because her eye mole looks like my ex”

I don’t know buddy.

The only girl I’ve been flirting with for a year and more is just you lol.

If you are rooting for me, please give me a sign from heaven or something, I’ll wait

 

3rd April 2018

DID YOU JUST SEND ME A SIGN BY MAKING HER SPILING HOT COFFEE TO THE VACANT SPOT BESIDE MY TABLE??

IF IT THAT IS THE CASE, THEN IT IS NOT FUNNY YOO AHN-SSI!!

I almost got a heart attack! I thought it’ll damage my Mac!

And no I have to calm down while talking to her, —her apologetic, wait no. it was more like terrified face is still clearly even until now.

So cute.

And I’d like to take back my words. Now that you’ve given me your blessing, —no more meddling with my love story okay. Let me work this up on my own way.

 

13th April 2018

I was taken aback at the meeting earlier. Never ever I thought I’ll be making a good deal with Mr. Shim’s company. I couldn’t believe myself...

 

18th April 2018

So, my visit to the café shop has been frequent between three to four times in a week. Which I was trying to be not so obvious, —to get the chance to know gir—Yong Sun, —well… it was written on her nametag.

She looks younger than me tho, probably around Whee In’s age? Is she just graduated from college?

Well, I’ve been doing my research a lot. Based on my observation— not admitting I am a creep.  I guess—the safest chance so I could seeing her, is on Monday, Friday and Saturday. And in the next week I went on Tuesday and Sunday.

Won’t be that obvious, right?

And from what I observe, the chance of she is taken is reaaalllyyyy slim, —from the way she had been spending her time reading books instead of playing with her smartphone.

Is everybody in this world ((except me)), blind or what?

 

25th April 2018

Whee In just emailed me, saying she would be go back later around May, —said it was a brief business, with the intention of staying at my place.

That brat.

Lucky for her, I missed her a lot.

 

29th April 2018

Pardon me if I just being so conscious, —but I think I get the feeling that Yong Sun is trying to avoiding me? For once I caught her rushing to storage room when our eyes met for a slight second, —yet after that she seems fine,

—but the cycle repeats, each time my visit?

I don’t know, all I do was engaging in normal conversation though.

I don’t remember letting out any cheesy comments to her.

Or maybe I do?

 

13th May 2018

Whee In informed me that she would be arrived later in this week. Still unsure when would it be since she had to consult with the organisation first. She said it’ll be a real quick visit. But I’m confused what she meant by “quick” quick, or “quick” —quick?

I guess I have to fill up my fridge and stock all of my cabinet today.

 

15th May 2018

Today would be a fine Sunday morning —if only Whee In didn’t show up unannounced in front of my door.

THAT.IS.RIGHT

UNANNOUNCED

I expected her to at least inform me when she departed from Swiss, YET THAT BRAT wasn’t saying any single things and choose to surprised me in front of my door.

But for a better note, I don’t need to picked her up super early at the airport, since I guess she informed Mr. Park to picked her up instead of disturb my rare day off.

What a thoughtful girl she has become.

I feel like a total proud mother. I might cry seeing my baby has grown up this big.

But that young lady is forever my Wheepup.

As for Hye Jin, she cannot come due to her classes. Apparently from what I heard from Whee, she is aiming for the master degree scholarship.

Once again I could feel the tears on the edge of my eyes.

 

19th May 2018

Didn’t get a chance to play a lot with Whee In, since I was busy for the week and all she was doing for the week is went somewhere alone—to prepare some documents she said.

Also, today is the last day she crashed my apartment. She said she was lonely, but she hope we’ll have fun in Fribourg later.

After I come back to drop her at airport earlier, I went to the café, —which now already my routine, urgh, I know—I’m so hopeless...

So… here the things going...

I entered from front door, order my usual long black with extra doppio, —which now that I mention it, today they are having a Guatemala beans, it is really rich in flavour. Kinda like fruity, —chocolaty taste and that is feels so smooth going down.

That’s all I could remember—forgot the detail since I only took few sips before throwing hard glare at this guy in the counter who wiggling his ing tail to obviously-Yong-Sun-did-not-appreciate what he was doing.

By I mean Yong Sun did not appreciate, is that whenever he threw some comments, —can’t hear them clearly, —Yong Sun would always peeking at me, —which I saw her from the corner of my eyes.

I don’t know if I’m reaching by now—as I interpreted her action as someone who need help, —thus I purposely called her and asked her few things to keep her away from that .

I guess we are getting closer?

 

11th June 2018

Today I’m arranging three meetings, all ing day long. Also, I think I’m going to Wales tomorrow, and Singapore two days after—which remind me I should confirm to Mr. Park after this.

I’ll also told him to bring some kimchi and pickled radish along.

And sometime around I would wonder—maybe I need an early retirement lol…

Anyway, —I am super tired and needing rest to clear up my mind.

Good Night Yoon.

I missed you, even today.

 

12th June 2018

Had to reschedule my flight since I forgot to bring my Passport lol. Now that I could recall, it was really funny—I could imagine the horror on my face ((and Mr. Park)) when I realised I haven’t pack it just right after we’ve arrived.

I need to raise his salary.

 

23rd June 2018

Hye Jin just called this afternoon and said that she is already excited I’ll be coming next week. We talked a lot and she said she really missed Korean food—and all she could eat was instant jjangmyeon that Whee In brought from her last visit.

Well… It is understandable since she has been away from months. Me too would craving for Korean food, even if it was only a day away.

ALSO! I’ve noticed this recently, we only have few sheets away!! —still a lot to fill them up, but still!!

And suddenly, —out of nowhere my heart seems aching for a bit. Wow… I couldn’t believe it has been five years journey, with me and you…

I mean—… All the what “If-s”, —worry, joy, every feelings that I’ve had, —were here, in you, Yoon.

I wondered a lot the first time I’m starting this. Since you “kinda” forced me to keep going, —

And it still scare me off whenever something, —like the darker Byul Yi—inside me, were the one who answer all of the useless question I asked to the universe..

It is scaring me off, —the probability of you, and me—still being together in this world.

Time to time, I would think about it.

I know! I know it is not good, —but I just couldn’t help.

Oh gosh… Why am I so emo today? Lol

 

28th June 2018

I wrote this entry in the café, just so I could see the main character of my love story that never even exist YET—for the last time until I got back from this world tour—that’s what Mr. Park said.

I should have photograph her, —so I didn’t forget her nice slushy cheeks later.

Well, since I didn’t want to go to jail yet, I need to push that urge to take her picture without permission. After all, our relationship was not yet nowhere near that stage.

And I have to emphasize the “YET” in the last sentence.

 

 

            “Do you like what you read?” She smiled sheepishly towards the older girl. As if she just caught stealing some diamond, —Yong Sun jolted from comfortable sofa she has been sat on the last thirty minutes. Deeply invested with the same journal she has been obsessed almost two years ago.

            “—I just…—you know…I mean—”

            The other girl just smiling, making her way to cuddle the flustered girl. With small nudges to close the distance from the older girl, —gently, she her lover’s hair—which by now was dyed with pink washed blonde colour.

            “I love you.” She murmured the spell she has been chanted million times since they’ve been together, kissing the top of Yong Sun’s head, —sending all the shivers down to her spine.

            She just nodded, shamelessly putting herself under Byul Yi’s neck, —inhaling all her girlfriend scent—which she—couldn’t get enough of it, even after all the time they have been spending together. “I love you too” she whispered back.

            “I thought you already read them all.”

            “—I’ve never had the chance to! I just feel guilty—” She defend herself. The other girl just wrinkling her nose, she is very grateful that she had a chance to have this petite girl in her arm as her loved ones.

            Yong Sun suddenly pulled herself off from Byul Yi, even though she feel the loss of the warmth feeling, —she cupped Byul’s cheeks with both of her palm.

            “Moon Byul Yi, I am really glad you never giving up on me. Thank you for chasing me,” She give her a peck, breathing in the mixed sithe between them.

            “—for making me smitten over and over again.” She continued—still caressing the younger girl cheek, which now filled with hint of embarrassment.

            “Thank you for being patience whenever I blow up, —or being there, beside me whenever I needed it. Even thought, sometimes you are a little , —but my feelings for you is real. And I didn’t regret every single of it.”

            All she said was followed by a quick, loving peck by the end of each sentences.

            Byul Yi could feel her cheeks burning. It is a rare. A super rare occasion where Yong Sun would give her a bold affection like this.

            And she didn’t dislike it at all.

            Byul Yi pulled her girlfriend closer, feeling the heat once again recoiling with her own, —sealing their lips together with very passionate kiss.

            “I love you.”

            “Silly… I love you more than chicken nugget”