I'm Not An Easygoing Person

The Mystery Behind Closed Doors

Jiwon fell on the floor as Jisun tried to block the toy scooter but it stopped in front of a classroom few inches away from where Jisun was standing and she realized how foolish it was. Hayoung arrived and saw Jiwon lying on the floor while Jisun seemed to be frozen. Jisun noticed Hayoung’s presence and immediately covered her head with her hoodie.

 

“Are you alright? You didn’t get hurt, did you?” Hayoung asked to Jiwon.

“Ah, yes! I’m totally fine! The hand-outs arrived. That transferee was able to photocopy it~” as Jiwon tried to pick up the papers.

“Transferee?” Hayoung asked in confusion as she looked at Jisun, who immediately ran away.

 

Jiwon carried the hand-outs to their classroom and apologized repeatedly. After that exhausting experience, Jiwon dragged her weary self at home. Jiwon’s house is like, there’s a barbershop (owned by her father) in front before she can go inside their house. Jiwon locked herself in her room while thinking about Seoyeon.

 

“Seoyeon-ah, the house without you…is silent. It’s like an empty house no one lives in.” as Jiwon took a small box from her drawer which contains a necklace. “Our revenge…is just about to start.”

 

 

“Did you hear? The penthouse will be opened.” Gyuri said to Yena while they were in the elevator.

“No way. Are you serious?”

“Yes. They started the renovations.”

“Who told you?”

“Ahn Yujinnie.”

 

The students, that was also in the elevator, starts murmuring. Little did they know that Jisun was with them and was just listening. Jisun arrived at her penthouse and saw men working for the renovations while Hayoung was supervising them.

 

“You’re here.” as Hayoung saw Jisun looking around. Jisun saw that the sign on her door changed from President’s Room to Silent Monster and she thought ‘Why did it have to be here?’ “This space felt overpowering before.” as Hayoung stood infront of Jisun’s personal desk.

“No, not here.”

“Then, do you want to share the space with other students downstairs? Ah, okay. That’s what we should do. We’ll just get you a partition.” Hayoung can feel that Jisun was hesitant. “It’ll still be better for you here.”

 

Jisun just heaved a sigh.

 

“ Thanks for being courageous, Jisun. I thought you would keep on saying no.”

“I’ll gladly take the heat.”

“Take the heat? What heat? This is a new beginning and a new challenge~ I made sure to pick elites to keep the number of your teammates low.”

“I bet no one wanted to join.” as Jisun took her seat.

“Eh~ It’s not like that~ They just feel that being in the same team is you is burdensome.”

“Forget it. I have a few people in mind.”

“You do? Do you even know our students?”

“Lee Saerom. Her hobby is being late. Her specialty is buying food for everyone. She’s the mom of the classroom. She values people and relationships over studies.” as Jisun glanced at Hayoung a bit. “Baek Jiheon. Her hobby and talent are spoiling the mood. She’s always nagging from a step behind.”

“Both had poor performance for 6 months and will likely to be let go.”

“If you’re going to kick them out, send them to me.”

“You have no idea~ You don’t know our students~”

“Lee Saerom always treats everyone with love and care. She knows her colleagues’ love life and even family matters. Before she acted as a mother of her younger siblings because their parents died, her portfolio looked promising. Baek Jiheon… She’s someone like you can’t nag someone without being knowledgeable.”

“When did you figure all of that?” Hayoung smiled as she sat down on Jisun’s desk.

“Ah, there is one more. Lee Nakyung.”

“Lee Nakyung? Nakyung-ssi? Wouldn’t it be uncomfortable for both of you?”

“This is all a show to quiet down the issue about maltreatment. It’ll be good for our publicity.”

“If that’s what you want, sure~ I have two people picked out so that would be a total of five.”

“Tsk. Three is enough for me.”

“I have authority over you~ Come on, I’m letting you have your way~ You chose 3, and I chose 2.”

“Who are they?”

“It’s a secret for now. You can look forward to it~”

 

 

The students make a way for another student who was riding a skateboard.

 

“You—” as Jiwon widened her eyes.

“Park Jiwon!” as Chaeyoung stopped in front of Jiwon.

“Why are you doing here?”

“I transferred, too~”

“What is this? I thought Promise University was the best school in Korea. It must be a lie since they accepted us in this school~”

 

Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

“Anyway, which class are you in?”

“I told you, I’m stalking you~ I’m in your class. I begged for it~”

“To…whom?”

“To my mom~”

“Tss. Call your mom back…and tell her to put you somewhere else.”

 

 

Saerom tried to open the door to the ‘Silent Monster’ room to sneak a peak of what the President was doing then she closed it again.

 

“Why did it have to be us?” Saerom whined as she leaned on Jiheon who had her eyes closed tightly.

“It’s their way of indirectly telling us…t-to leave the school.” Jiheon said nervously.

“I didn’t know I’d end up going to this school again.” as Nakyung looked at the door.

 

Then, Jiwon and Chaeyoung arrived.

 

“What are you doing out here? Let’s go in.” Jiwon said but Saerom gestured to her as if she’s saying ‘Really? You want us to come inside that president’s room?’

 

Hayoung and Jisun was in the midst of talking when the door was opened by Jiwon and they (Saerom, Nakyung, Jiheon and Chaeyoung) entered as well, following Jiwon.

 

“Eo? You’re just in time~” Hayoung said Jiwon tried to identify what the President looks like but she can’t clearly see her yet due to the blinding sun rays the comes through the window behind Jisun. Jisun immediately covered her head with her hoodie and turned her back but of course, Hayoung won’t let her do that. “Hey, everyone is here~” as Hayoung made Jisun face the other students. “Say hello to them.”

“Eo? The student in-charge of the photocopying room?” Jiwon said upon seeing Jisun.

“All right, let me introduce her. She’s the leader of our newly launched school organization, Roh Jisun.”

Jisun glanced at Jiwon who looked a bit puzzled.

 

“Hello, nice to meet you!” as Chaeyoung greeted while the rest of the team, except Jiwon, bowed and greeted half-heartedly.

“It…It can’t be… Vice President, you were here that day. She came by carrying those hand-outs.”

“Oh, well, I’m not sure~ I’ve never seen her photocopied pile of papers~” Hayoung said.

“So she… She then…”

“What are you trying to say?” as Chaeyoung chuckled.

“What did she do?” Saerom asked.

“She tried to…”

 

Jisun immediately excused herself and Hayoung.

 

“Is she our leader? Did something between her and you?” Chaeyoung asked to Jiwon but Jiwon seemed to be surprised and can’t even complete her sentences.

“I’m surprised, too. She looks better than I expected~” Saerom said.

“She looks like a typical rich kid.” Jiheon added.

 

Jisun walked with Hayoung across the hallway.

 

“Send her away.”

“Hey, she just transferred school. It was just a small mistake that she thought you’re in charge of that photocopying room.”

“It’s a good enough reason to kick her out.”

“Technically, the one to blame is…the clumsy student of the photocopying room.” as Hayoung teased to Jisun.

“Anyway, she can’t stay. Especially, near me.”

“Why?”

 

If my cover gets blown, she might get hurt.

 

“Is there something about her that only you know about?”

“She’s loud.”

“I know, she’s the loud type of person you hate. But…she’s cheerful and energetic like I used to be~ I like her~”

“You like her? Tss. What do you know about her?”

“I could see at once…that she’s just like me.”

 

You don’t know what she’s hiding inside of her.

 

“Have you two already become close?”

“She’s so feisty that she might make you feel uncomfortable, but it’s just that she likes people so much. People like her rarely get hurt by others.”

 

She’s more hurt than anyone else is.

 

“That means, she’s perfect for someone like you. You admit that you easily hurt others, don’t you?”

“Still—”

“If you’re still uncomfortable, trust me. I’ll help her out.”

“Still, I prefer to be alone.”

“If you still want her to leave, tell her yourself~” as Hayoung patted Jisun’s cheeks. “I’m going~”

“Let me come with you~”

“Hold on.” as Hayoung stopped Jisun and faced her. “She’s your teammate, you’re responsible for her.”

 

 

That clumsy transfer student a.k.a. in-charge of the photocopying room is the psychopath, Roh Jisun? Jiwon thought to herself as she remembered the sincerity in Jisun’s eyes when they were at the rooftop. Jiwon heaved a sigh and still could not believe it.

 

While in the Silent Monster’s Office, Jisun’s teammates are feeling a bit stuffy since they’re just basically doing nothing. Jisun was just sitting on her seat while thinking about how she could send Jiwon away.

 

“Excuse me—” Saerom tried to speak but Nakyung whispered to her that maybe they should wait for Jisun to say something.

“What is this uncomfortable atmosphere? Why isn’t anyone saying anything?” Chaeyoung protested while the others tried to hush her down.

 

Just then, Jisun stood up.

 

I shouldn’t embarrass her in front of everyone.

 

“Could you…give us some room?” Jisun said but the others don’t seem to understand it.

“What did she say?” Jiheon asked to Saerom.

“Room?” answered Saerom.

“Can you hear her?” Jiwon asked to Nakyung who immediately shook her head.

“We can’t hear you!” Chaeyoung shouted. Jisun gulped and mustered up her courage again.

 

“Could you leave your desks?”

“Desks? Is there something wrong?”

“I’m afraid…w-we need t-to…remove a desk.” Jisun said but they still didn’t get it.

 

“What about desks?” Jiheon asked.

“I think she wants us to move the desks.” Chaeyoung answered.

“Ah, that makes sense. She’s sitting far away from us. We can’t hear her well~ Allright, everyone stand up~”

 

Jisun heaved a deep sigh upon hearing what they’ve said.

 

“T-That’s not what I meant…” as Jisun saw them stood up and started moving the desks closer. Jisun tried to tell them to stop but they didn’t seem to hear her. Jisun got annoyed upon hearing the screeching sounds of the desk’s leg that scratches the floor and there was an awkward silence again.

 

She wants to be closer to her fellow students? She even reached out first. Is she really a psychopath who wanted no one near her door? –Jiwon as she looked at Jisun.

 

I can never kick her out in person. Right, I should email her. –Jisun as she started typing while glancing at Jiwon but in the end she ended up playing Solitaire in her computer.

 

Just then, Nakyung put a cup of coffee on Jisun’s table while Jiwon was standing next to her.

 

“Pres…” Nakyung called to Jisun but suddenly flinched when Jisun glanced at her.

“What is it?”

“I-I’m sorry to i-interrupt. We have some c-coffee for you.”

“Since you didn’t give us any instructions, we prepared…a small launching ceremony~” Jiwon said as she pointed at the cakes on another table.

“Could you be with us for a moment?” Saerom said.

“Let me…finish up what I was doing first.”

 

Jiwon and the others talked about how they would address each other and decided to call each other by first names.

 

“We shouldn’t call President Roh as President Roh, either~” Jiwon suggested but Nakyung told her that it’s not right because she’s the head of the organization.

“I’m up for calling her by her first name~ It’ll be awkward but I think it sounds more respectful for some reason~” Chaeyoung said

“Nakyung-ssi, how about you give it a try?” Jiheon said to Nakyung.

“Me?”

“Give it a try, Nakyung-ah~” as Jiwon cheered for her.

“Yes, do it~ Be confident~”

 

Jisun was prepared to hear it as she grabbed the cup of coffee to take a sip. But as soon as Nakyung said Jisun’s name, Jisun coincidentally almost spit out the coffee due to its bitterness. The others was shock by Jisun’s reaction and they thought that she got angry by getting called by her name.

 

“I-I’m so sorry~” Nakyung apologized quickly. Jisun immediately went to her office’s kitchen while was still feeling the bitterness of the coffee.

 

“See? I said I didn’t want to do it~” Nakyung said while almost in tears. “What should I do now?”

“She has such a foul temper.”

 

In the kitchen, Jisun immediately spit out the coffee in her sink and gulped down some water. She looked at the cup of coffee and shook her head.

 

I do always wear black but it does not mean I like my coffee black. I only drink caramel macchiato, caffe mocha with whipped cream or a coffee with a ton of sugar and cream. Should I tell them my taste? No, no. they probably put a lot of thought and consideration…into figuring out what coffee I’d like. It’d be too rude. Shall I dump this into the sink when no one is looking? They went all the way there and got this for me. I shouldn’t. Shall I put some sugar in it? Even a whole jar of sugar won’t be enough. I might end up with diabetes, then. But drinking this bitter coffee as it is will damage my stomach lining. How about I add some water? Yes, that’s it! I should pour out a little bit and add water to dilute it.

 

Jisun went to pour out some off the coffee in the sink when Nakyung appeared. Jisun was shocked to see Nakyung so she almost poured everything. Nakyung was shocked while Jiwon got annoyed.

 

“Is that the coffee I got for you…?”

“How can you do this right in front of her?” Jiwon said. “I get that you hated being called by your name but this is too cruel.”

“I apologize, Pres. I got carried away and said your name without even realizing it. I’m sorry for crossing the line.” as Nakyung bowed a bit.

 

Jisun tried to say something but ended up heaving a sigh.

 

“Everyone’s waiting for you. Please come out and cut the cake.”

 

Feeling embarrassed, Jisun walked out and headed to the school’s backyard near the parking lot. She’s mad at herself for not being able to speak her mind. Just then, she saw Jiwon and immediately hid behind a wall but was surprised when she was with Hayoung. Jisun thought that Hayoung might’ve had feelings for Jiwon. Three years ago, Jisun saw Hayoung with Seoyeon inside Hayoung’s car. She could see that Seoyeon was feeling uneasy as she (Seoyeon) was hugged by Hayoung, trying to comfort her. Jisun was worried that what had happened three years ago would be repeated. (Why? It will be revealed soon hehe)  As Jisun watched Jiwon and Hayoung walk together, she immediately dialled Hayoung’s number. She can see Hayoung picking up her phone and answering the call.

 

“Hey, Jisun-ah. I’m sorry, I’m currently driving.”

“Hey…”

 

But before Jisun could speak, Hayoung ended the call. Jisun can see how happy Jiwon was while she was with Hayoung and she can’t help but think about Seoyeon.

[3 years ago]

 

“I lost the other lens for my camera… Now, I only have one. Can you find me the same one?”

“Right now—?”

“Right now.”

“You hardly use your camera. If you tell me when you plan to use it—”

“I thought…I said ‘right now’.”

“Yes, right now. Okay, Pres.”

 

Seoyeon took the camera lens and head out of Jisun’s office. She immediately dialled Jiwon’s number and apologized, saying that she won’t be able to come to Jiwon’s performance.

 

“I hope that you’ll do well even if I’m not there.”

“I know. I do. You study at the most prestigious school in Korea and you’ve been always busy. Don’t you even have time for your eonni? Mom and Dad only care about you and they don’t care about my performance. I don’t need flowers. I want you to come.”

 

While in the middle of the call, somebody, which happened to be Hayoung, accidentally bumped against Jiwon so, Jiwon’s phone fell on the floor. Hayoung, at that time, came to watch a performance along with Jisun’s sister/Hayoung’s girlfriend, Haneul. Hayoung apologized and picked the phone for Jiwon before leaving. Seoyeon thought that Jiwon ended the call so, she decided to call the flower shop to deliver some flowers to Jisun. Jisun was peeking at Seoyeon through her door before she walks inside and took out another camera lens from the pocket of her hooded jacket, which means that she didn’t lost her other camera lens but rather used it as an excuse so that Seoyeon won’t leave.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

“So are you asking what kind of person Jisun is?” as Hayoung looked at Jiwon.

“Hm mm. You said that you’re her only friend and confidant.”

“Hmm. Don’t believe those scary, bizarre rumors about her. The student with sad eyes is closer to who she really is. Will you believe me if I say that? How can I say bad things about her as her only friend and confidant?” as Hayoung chuckled. “No matter how hard a friend of her tries to say that she’s a nice girl, no one would believe it. That’s why, everyone was reluctant to join Silent Monster. Since you volunteered to join, we have high expectations of you~”

“Gosh, I don’t know anything.” as Jiwon chuckled awkwardly.

“Just think of it lightly~” as Hayoung patted Jiwon’s shoulder. “The cover of a book is not everything. However, if you want to solve a problem fast, sugarcoating is necessary~ Right now, we have to package Jisun as an understanding and easygoing person.”

“I’m not sure if the product would listen to us~”

“Just trust me and follow along~”

 

 

(Promise University’s 4th Year Class Valedictorian Caught Cheating On Her Girlfriend)

 

The article was posted on the school’s homepage with the pictures of Wonyoung, hugging a guy. It was known at school that Wonyoung is already in a relationship. The guy has not yet been identified.

 

“Anyway, I wasn’t cheating.” as Wonyoung explained to Jiwon and Hayoung.

“Then, who is this guy? What is your relationship to him?” as Gahyun tried to convince Wonyoung. “Please, just tell us the truth. You already signed up for a Mathematics Competition and International Quiz Bee. What are you thinking?”

“We can only help after confirming the truth.” Hayoung said.

“It would be a mess whether I deny or admit it. If I say one word, they would gossip with made up stories.”

“Not taking action is another option.”

 

Gahyun was surprised. “If we don’t do anything, then we would be admitting it. They are not in a relationship.”

“Are you sure?”

“I know Wonyoung very well. She doesn’t like somebody else aside from her girlfriend.”

 

Just then, Jiwon’s phone rang as she received a call from Saerom so she excused herself.

 

“Where are you, Jiwon? Hurry back right now!”

“What is it? Did something happen?”

“She…It’s about you-know-who.”

“Who?”

“The one we can’t call by name!”

 

Hayoung interrupted Jiwon, saying that Jiwon should tell her teammates to call later since they’re having a meeting. Jiwon nodded and told Saerom that she’s currently with the Vice President.

 

“Vice President Song?” as Saerom runs towards Jisun’s desk. “She’s with Vice President Song right now.”

“So?” as Jisun glared a bit.

“Pardon?”

“Where is she associated with?”

“S-Silent Monster…”

 

Jisun rolled her eyes while Saerom, once again, called Jiwon.

 

“What is it this time?”

“Things are really bad over here~” Saerom said then Nakyung took the phone and talked to Jiwon.

“Jiwon-ssi~ We’re in trouble~ She’s about to explode!” Nakyung protested before Chaeyoung takes the phone.

“How can you leave me alone here?!” Chaeyoung shouted before Jiheon takes the phone and said, “Hurry back! Do you want all of us to die?!”

After a few minutes, Jiwon was standing infront of Jisun’s desk while Jisun continued browsing a book. Jisun was not even saying anything so Jiwon was a bit pissed.

 

“What do you need to tell me? Am I supposed to stand here all day?”

“Where did you go off to during class hours?”

“I had a meeting with a student.”

“Is that true?”

“Ask the Vice President if you don’t believe me. I met with the 4th Year Class Valedictorian. You know, the one involved with a scandal? She’s not going to school because of the criticisms she’ll hear—”

“All right, get back to your seat.”

“E-Eh? That’s it? I ran all the way here because you said it’s urgent!”

 

Jisun looked away from Jiwon as she pointed at the cake left-over that they used earlier.

 

“Clean that up.”

“That cake…? Did you call me and make a fuss…because of that?”

“You’re dismissed.”

 

As Jisun kept her eyes glued on the book while Jiwon feels so pissed.

 

 

The next day, Jiwon sneaked in the penthouse at an early hour. She went to where Jisun’s desk is and tried to search through the drawers but one of was locked.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Jiwon was startled and looked back, seeing Jisun holding a large box.

 

“I—I have a meeting with a student!”

“At this hour?”

“It was someone…It’s someone that can’t be seen by the other students for now.”

 

Thinking that it was reasonable, Jisun headed to the kitchen and took out a big plastic bag out of the box and put it in her fridge. Jiwon followed Jisun while she was feeding the fishes in the aquarium.

 

“Vice President Song told me that I should start planning on a school project but I’m getting confused. Is the student in-charge of the photocopying room the real you? Or is it that rich kid that threw money on the streets? I thought, you protected me from getting hit by the toy scooter but on second thought, I think you pushed me to go away. Understanding, easygoing leader is the project’s keywords. Let’s try and understand each other, okay?”

“Find a new keyword.” as Jisun looked away.

“Pardon?”

“Eh~ Come on, Leader-nim~”

“I’m not good at communicating. I’m also far from being easygoing. Also, it makes me uncomfortable…when you call me that.”

“You don’t want us to call you ‘Leader-nim’. And you almost cut our throats for calling you by name.”

“Just go home… Don’t make up lies about having a meeting with another student.”

 

Just then, Wonyoung walked in the pent house with Hayoung.

 

“Welcome, Jang Wonyoung-ssi!” as Jiwon walked towards Wonyoung.

“Please take care of her. She’s the first official ‘client’ of Silent Monster.”

 

Jiwon and the others took care of Wonyoung while she was staying at the penthouse.  At the same time, Hayoung could see how tense Jisun was.

“Why does she have to be here?”

“Ah, there are reporters in front of her house. Jiwon-ssi brought her here using that as an excuse. She’s trying to make her talk. ‘It wasn’t cheating.’ That’s all she can say. She definitely had an affair. She’s going to the US tonight. Please keep her until then.”

 

Jisun cannot do anything about it so she just let them be. After a few minutes, Jiwon convinced the others that they have to read Wonyoung’s profile to try looking for clues in order to find the truth. But, they all seemed uninterested.

 

“Are we going to waste our time like this?” Jiwon asked.

“When she doesn’t open , what can we do?” Saerom said.

“She can’t say anything because she really had an affair.” Jiheon added as she played with her phone.

“She’s not like that! Look at this.” as Jiwon held a document. “She’s family-oriented and she loves her girlfriend.”

“Anyone can lie~” Chaeyoung said.

 

Jiwon heaved a deep sigh.

 

“When you’re guilty about something, it’s best to remain silent.” Nakyung said as she looked at her hand mirror but she almost freaked out when she saw through the mirror that Jisun was standing behind her.

“How l-long have you been standing there…?” as Chaeyoung immediately stood up.

“Tell us if you have instructions.” Jiheon said.

“There must be a reason why she can’t…say anything.” Jisun said.

“Ah—I see.”

“That’s exactly my point! We must find out that reason! Right, Leader-nim—?”

 

But when, Jiwon looked back, Jisun was already gone.

 

“What happened? Where is she? Is she a ghost?”

 

Jisun went out of the penthouse for a while because Haneul called her. But then, she heard some ruckus inside the penthouse. When she got in, she saw the others passing Wonyoung’s phone.

 

“What’s going on?” Jisun asked.

“How dare you take my phone?” as Wonyoung ran after Chaeyoung.

“Why? You must’ve had his number.”

“Don’t touch my phone!”

 

Chaeyoung ran quickly but slipped and accidentally threw the phone upwards. Luckily, Jisun caught it before it falls.

 

“Hey give me my phone!”

“Run, Leader-nim!” Jiwon said.

“M-Me? as Jisun clumsily ran outside of the penthouse while Chaeyoung hugged Wonyoung’s leg to stop her. After getting away, Jisun looked at the phone when it suddenly vibrated. There was a phone call and the caller ID was ‘My oppa’.

 

 

“I’m not sure why you’re keeping your mouth shut. Your girlfriend must be waiting for you. Clear up any misunderstandings. Before your girlfriend gets hurt more, go back to her.” Jiwon said to Wonyoung.

“What do you even know? I don’t want to listen anymore. Bring my phone back.”

“Here. I brought it.” as Jisun handed the phone back to Wonyoung.

“Why are you back here?” Jiwon asked to Jisun.

“Someone called. She should answer it’s her ‘oppa’. “

“Oppa? She doesn’t have an older brother. That can’t be. She only has an older sister.”

Jisun was taken aback when Wonyoung slapped Jiwon on the cheek. Hayoung immediately checked on Jiwon.

 

Why is she going all through this?

 

“I told you to leave me alone!” Wonyoung said to Jiwon. “Why do you keep bothering me? Why are you trying so hard to open my mouth?”

 

I wonder that, too. Why is she working so hard? Was she not trying to take me down?

 

As soon as Wonyoung said bad words to Jiwon, Jisun felt enraged.

 

“Everyone, leave.” Jisun said. “Leave. All of you.” as she glared at them.

 

Saerom, Jiheon, Nakyung and Chaeyoung left immediately.

 

“We just got him to talk. Why do you—?” as Jiwon frowned.

“Leave.”

“Jiwon, step out for a minute. I’ll sort it out here.” Hayoung said but Jisun also told her to leave so, Hayoung left with Jiwon. Jisun was left with Wonyoung.

 

“So you’re the abusive President. I’m impressed. You sure are very charismatic. That one word you uttered made everyone crawl in fear.” Wonyoung said but Jisun ignored her and just headed to her desk. “Are you outright disrespecting me or what?”

“Weren’t you hoping for some quiet time? I gave you what you wanted.”

 

It was quiet for a couple of minutes but Wonyoung feels suffocated by the silence.

“You must be deliberately trying to smother me. Do you think this will make me talk?”

“Just make yourself at home. I don’t want to hear anything from you.”

 

Wonyoung’s phone suddenly vibrated and saw that the caller ID was ‘My Oppa’. After the phone call, she asked Jisun if she wanted to know what the phone call was about. But Jisun just ignored her.

 

“Your office pantry looks so fancy.” as Wonyoung head to the kitchen and was about to open the fridge when Jisun stopped her. Jisun remembered that she put something in the fridge earlier.

“Give me some food if you have any~ Try to be a little more easygoing, will you?”

“I’m…not an easygoing person… I always make sure to protect things that are dear to me. You should also protect what is dear to you. I won’t get in the way.”

“Did you…figure it all out? I can see that you’re a very discreet person. How about you tell me whether I’m protecting it properly? Would you like to hear what I have to say?”

 

Jisun listened to everything that Wonyoung said. After that, Jisun went outside to tell the others that she and Wonyoung won’t say anything and immediately returned inside and closed the door in front of them. They were dismayed because they waited for nothing.

 

 

Jiwon went to the rooftop.

 

There’s no need to be anxious. It’s not like I came here because I needed to. I’m here to destroy Silent Monster.

 

“There you are~” as Hayoung smiled at Jiwon.

“Vice President…”

“I’m not sure why you chose to give up performing in a band, but I’m grateful.”

“For what?”

“Thanks to that decision, I got a fellow student with a bright future ahead. You trust anyone who has eyes that look trustworthy to you. That ‘student in-charge of the photocopying machine’ didn’t turn out to be whom you thought she was, but you turned around only to trust someone else again. I know that you’ll soon succeed in life. I believe in you.” as Hayoung smiled and patted Jiwon’s shoulder.

“You shouldn’t trust people that easily~ You could be backstabbed, backslapped, or get punch right in the eye.”

 

Hayoung chuckled upon seeing Jiwon’s reaction. Before Hayoung left, she invited Jiwon to a small gathering.

 

I’m here for revenge. You shouldn’t trust me like this.

 

 

Jisun took out the big plastic bag from the fridge and put it on the table before opening it.

 

“Did you stop me from opening it to age the fish properly?” as Wonyoung looked at the fish, used for making sashimi, in the plastic bag. “To keep the temperature perfect?”

“Would you like to have some of this with me? I can’t finish it all by myself.”

 

Wonyoung smiled at Jisun. Jisun carefully prepared the plating for the sashimi while Wonyoung waited. At the same time, Jiwon and the others are on the way to the gathering with Hayoung. Just when Jiwon noticed a guy who seemed to be talking to Wonyoung over the phone and realized that it was the same guy that was in the picture with Wonyoung. So, Jiwon excused herself, saying that she left something in the penthouse. When she arrived, Jisun and Wonyoung was eating. Jiwon didn’t bother them but rather stood from afar.

 

“I don’t care what people think, but the problem is him. It is a very private matter, you know. He doesn’t understand why other people need to know about it. He says that he doesn’t need people’s approval. Not everyone wants to come out of the closet…just because he or she has chosen to live outside the norm. My older sister has chosen to live a new life…as a man.”

 

‘Come out of the closet? Does that mean she has been keeping silent…in order to protect her family?’ Jiwon thought to herself.

 

“Anyway, thank you for listening to me. I should go meet my sister… No, I mean, my brother.”

 

Jisun bowed a bit at Wonyoung then lead her outside, to Wonyoung’s ‘brother’. Jiwon watched the two left and can’t help but think.

 

That psychopath… Who is she, seriously?

 

Jiwon decided to go back inside the penthouse and check on the drawers again. Thinking that she will find Seoyeon’s shoes. The drawer that was once locked was now unlocked but there was nothing. Just then, she noticed that Jisun was standing behind her so she stood up and faced her.

 

“Can I ask you something? On the rooftop, you kept apologizing over and over. Whom was the apology for?” Jiwon asked to Jisun but Jisun didn’t say anything.

 

Her.

 

“For whom? What are you sorry for?”

 

I wanted to keep her safe…so that she doesn’t get hurt.

 

“Tell me. Please.”

 

I’m sorry. There’s someone else…I must protect.

 

Jiwon walked away.

 

I’m sorry that I have to protect someone dear to me.

 

Jisun headed to the kitchen and took a small box from the cupboard where Seoyeon’s shoes was.