Phantom of the Opera

The Mystery Behind Closed Doors

Nakyung, the student council’s secretary, immediately ran upstairs to the office of the student council’s president. But before she completely reaches the office’s door, she tiptoed slowly because they said that the president doesn’t like to hear noises across the hallway. As soon as she approached the door, Nakyung nervously knocked on the door.

“President?” she called as she leaned her ears on the door.

It was the day that they would hold a presentation of a proposal for a school festival. All the schools around the district is going to present and whoever the Board of Education chooses, it will be used for the school festival. So, everyone in the school, the students and the student council are very busy in organizing the details.

Nakyung didn’t receive a response so she decided to knock again.

“It’s a…battle presentation for a big…project… If you can join our..our last rehearsal—”

But still, there’s no response. So, Nakyung was kind of pissed off.

“Is she Queen Elsa of what?” as Nakyung whined and turned her back. Suddenly, the door creaked open and Nakyung felt a sense of relief. “Oh, finally!”

But as soon as she saw the President, she immediately turned her back and lowered her head. “I apologize!”

The President walked out of the office, wearing a black ball cap, black hooded jacket and jogging pants, like she’s just there to attend P.E. Classes. At the same time, Hayoung, the Vice-President led the students to the School’s Media Center so that they can know about the proposal that they’re going to present and of course, for the Vice-President to be able to practice her presentation. Hayoung started practicing for the presentation and the students were attentively listening. On the farthest corner of the room, the President was standing. It was dark in the room so the students won’t be able to notice her. She stood there, watching how the presentation flowed. But it seems that she’s not satisfied. So, at the end of the presentation, she gestured to Hayoung to come see her in the office.

Few moments later (after she finished talking with the President), Hayoung looked at the hard copy of her presentation as if she feels hesitant of presenting it. They’re already at the venue of the presentation for the Board of Education. Another school was presenting and they’re next. Gyuri noticed Hayoung’s expression so, she approached her.

“Vice-President? Are you worried about something?”
“Ah, no. I’m not worried. I’m just full of anticipation.”

Just then Yujin and Yena run towards them after they took a peek at the presentation of another school.

“Vice-President! We’re in trouble!”
“We saw our competitor’s presentation and it’s too similar to our presentation!”

Gyuri was shocked to hear the news and she felt hopeless. As soon as the door opened, their competitor’s school President was grinning proudly and walked past them.

“Your school’s next. Please prepare for your presentation.” as a staff informed them.

Hayoung stood infront of the podium but she didn’t speak anything. Their student’s council were murmuring and whispering among them.

“What’s wrong?” 
“Our vice-president must’ve been caught off guard. We should have just gone home.”
“Just wait. She doesn’t give up that easily.” as Gyuri tried to calm them down.

Hayoung started showing the PowerPoint presentation but she just clicked the next button continuously until the slide presentation ended. Everyone was shocked at what she did.

“It looks like she’s giving up.” Yena whispered to Gyuri.
“No way!”

The Board of Education was also not impressed of what she did.

“What are you doing, huh?”
“You don’t want to present?”

Hayoung just smiled and ripped off the hard copy of the presentation.

“What are you doing? Are you crazy?”

Hayoung started presenting an idea which is different from she had rehearsed earlier and she finished the presentation smoothly. Everyone was amazed by her impromptu presentation. Everyone praised her. At the same time, the President was watching her again from afar, feeling satisfied. The Board of Education congratulated Hayoung.

“You never disappoint us, Song Hayoung. It must be really true that your school is quick in thinking strategies.”
“Thank you.” Hayoung smiled as she shook hands with the member of the Board of Education.
“But, I heard some rumors.”
“Pardon?”
“I’m talking about Promise University’s President of the Student’s Council. The person of those rumors… What kind of person is she?”

Hayoung smiled a bit as she glanced at the President who lowered her head and left the venue.

She’s…not a human. She’s a ghost. You may never make an eye contact with her. As soon as your eyes meet, your heart will freeze and everything you’re hiding will be revealed. However, there are very few who have seen her. No outsiders and not even her fellow students. The person, who is one of her partners, might know why she keeps herself hidden like a ghost. There is an abundance of guesses. Some says that she has a huge scar on her face just like the Phantom of the Opera. However, in real life, she is not a tragedy like that of a musical or beautiful. She simply inherited her father’s top school because she was born as his daughter and she had a capable friend beside her. The friend worked hard for the school while the heir stayed in her cozy room and counted money.

[ONE HOUR EARLIER]
Hayoung went to the President’s Office after she was called. 

“What is it that you want to say? You don’t like the presentation. If you don’t like any of it, what should we do? You don’t want us to participate in the school festival?”

The President stayed silent while she stood by the window. Then, she head back to her seat.

“Let’s not be greedy.”
“We should be! This is worth a lot!”
“I’m sure you want to show off, I know.”
“Are you going to sound like a teacher again?”
“It’s hard for the students, too. They’re swamped with school projects as it is.”
“Since when did you worry about the students? You’re criticizing all the work that the students have been doing one hour before the actual presentation?” as Hayoung slammed her hands on the President’s desk. The President glanced at her for a bit then, she took a pen and paper. She started writing another strategy for the school festival while explaining it to Hayoung.

Of course, despite the rumors that are going around, one thing is for sure. She is…wearing a mask. Somebody…must take off…that mask.


In another school, far away from the district, a school band is performing in a gymnasium. It’s not something like a rock band but it’s a band simply consisting of a vocalist and two guitarists who often performs slow tempo songs. And at that gymnasium, watching among the audience is the Student Council’s President of Promise University. Right after the performance, she decided to head backstage to give a bouquet of flowers to the vocalist of the band. She peeked at the backstage and tried looking for the vocalist. She gulped nervously before pulling off the hood of her jacket and taking off her cap. Then, she tried to approach the vocalist but was blocked by one of the guitarists.

“Who did you come to see?”
“E-Eo…”
“What brings you here?”

The President nervously looked around and just handed the flowers to the guitarist before running away from the backstage. She feels so disheartened but at the same time, she felt uncomfortable with people around her so she immediately put on her cap. At the same time, the vocalist keeps looking around as if she’s waiting for something.

“Why isn’t it here? It’s a little late today.” as she keeps looking around. Suddenly, the guitarist hugged her from behind.
“What are you waiting for, Jiwon?”
“RJ”
“RJ my . She’s a erted stalker.”

The vocalist elbowed the guitarist. “I…told you…to never talk about her like that!”
“Park Jiwon?”

The vocalist turned her head and saw a delivery man holding a basket of flowers.

“Oh! It’s here! Yes! I’m Park Jiwon!” as she ran towards the delivery guy. “Thank you. Wow, it’s so beautiful~”
“It’s weird to be receiving this every performance without a name or a phone number. It’s so strange~”
“This will be my last weird gift, though.”
“Are you really going to transfer?”
“I told you, I took an entrance exam!”
“I didn’t think you’d pass!”

Jiwon put down the basket of flowers and looked at it while smiling.

“Thank you for everything. I got through everything because of you.”
“I know. We sweated litres of tears together all the time. Yet, you’re leaving me.” said the guitarist while she had her arm across Jiwon’s shoulders. Jiwon glared at her.
“I’m not talking about you but about RJ!”
“Tss. Hey, in any case, why are you transferring?”

Jiwon didn’t answer.
“Did you deliver it again? It’s only three words, ‘I’m your fan’. I told you that you should give it to her in person and say, ‘I’m your fan’.”
“I…don’t think I can do it. And I don’t know why I have to.”
“But you’re her fan, aren’t you? It’s very natural to express your liking for someone.”
“I just want to be a fan without a name or a face. The distance feels just right.”
“It’s strange to just be a fan. So, what made you become a big fan of someone from a school that is far away from the district? You must have a story behind it.”

The President didn’t answer.

“You’re always so frustrating when we talk about this. What should we do about this? Well, anyway, it’s clear that this person holds the key so remember that it’ll be harder the more you feel for her. Think about it like that. If you say, ‘I’m your fan’ and complete this mission, you’ll have more confident when you interact with other people.”
“I’m not sure.”
“Have you ridden a bike before? If your press down the pedals the first time, it’s a smooth ride after that.”
“I don’t ride bikes…”
“Oh, you don’t ride bikes? Then… Uhm, constipation! Have you ever been constipated before? It’s really hard to release the first drop but if you use your strength, it comes out smoothly after that! Right?”
“I’m on the healthy side…”
“You know what I mean!” as the psychiatrist heaved a deep sigh. “It’s been three years. Let’s make some progress already! And for how much longer do we have to talk like this?” as the psychiatrist looked at the concrete wall between the two of them, making them not visible to each other. The President was just leaning against the wall and didn’t answer. 

The President headed back to her office, and met Hayoung on her way.

“Hey, Roh Jisun. You didn’t come to the mini celebration yesterday. You promised to come this time. This was a big deal, so you could have come for our fellow students.”
Jisun just looked away as she recalled what had happened yesterday.

[YESTERDAY AT THE MINI CELEBRATION]

Jisun was standing outside the mini hall used for the celebration. She could see how happy the students are after the successful presentation. She was about to join them when she heard the 4th year batch representative, Lee Saerom, said, “What has she done since taking that position? She hasn’t done anything!”

Jisun turned her back.

“After her father retired, how our school was maintained is all thanks to our Vice-President Song Hayoung!”

Hayoung chuckled a bit as everyone cheered for her. Then, she stood up.

“Um, thanks for the flattery but President Roh Jisun is my friend. She does a lot more than you think.”

But the students ignored what she said and just kept praising her.

“Okay, okay, okay! I’ll work hard! Please take care of me!” she bowed and chuckled as they continued their celebration.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

“Sorry. I was tired.”
“I told the students, so they understood. Oh, I told them that the presentation was my idea. You didn’t come to any of the meetings, so if I told them that you flipped it around they might not believe it.”
“Yeah, good job.”
“Don’t misunderstand~” as Hayoung patted her back.
“Don’t worry.” as Jisun continued on her way followed by Hayoung. Then, waiting by Jisun’s office is Nakyung. She handed a letter to Jisun showing that she wants to resign as the secretary of the Student’s Council.
“I…I apologize. I…I can’t do this anymore.” as Nakyung keeps looking away from Jisun.
“Wait, why…” as Jisun tried to approach her but Nakyung moved away quickly, so Jisun stopped.
“I’ll talk to her, go inside.” as Hayoung dragged Jisun back to her office. After that, she talked to Nakyung.
“I don’t feel like I’m a secretary. It’s more like I’m a doorman. I’m a door lock that is alive and breathing. To be honest, when I stay here, I feel so stuffy inside! I want to live.”

Hayoung put her hand on Nakyung’s shoulder.

“What are you talking about? Nakyung-ah, you’ve done a good job so far. Please bear with it a little longer, just for me.”

Jisun was listening while she’s inside her office. What her psychiatrist told her keeps flashing in her mind. If she wants to interact with more people, she has to start interacting with that vocalist from the other school. She kept practicing saying, ‘I’m your fan’ in front of the mirror. She even changed her hairstyle—no fringes Jisun. Her fringes were her main shield when hiding from people but this time, she wants to look different in front of that vocalist.

Jisun get on her car and decided to head to that school. Even while she’s in the car, she’s practicing saying the same lines – ‘I’m your fan’. She was imagining it dreamily that she didn’t manage to notice that the traffic light turned red. She managed to step on the brake but it still bumped on the car in front of her.

She saw the owner of the other car get off from it and realized that it was the vocalist. She blinked repeatedly to make sure that she’s not dreaming and it really is true. Jisun saw the vocalist approached her car and tried to look through the glass window. Thankfully, for Jisun, her window was tinted so she won’t be able to see her. 

“Can you come out for a second?” Jisun heard her.

Jisun reached for the bouquet of flowers that she’s supposed to give her and tried saying the words ‘I’m your fan’ before she gets out of the car but then she hesitated when the vocalist suddenly burst out which startled the hell out of her.

“Ya! You can’t avoid me! This was 100 percent your fault!”


Jiwon kept tapping on the car’s window to make the car’s owner get off of the car.

“Wait, is she really not coming out? Huh?”

Jiwon saw the window rolled down a bit and saw the cheques being waved in front of her.

“Huh?! What is the meaning of this? You’re not even going to apologize?! Who are you? Is money everything? Are you looking down on me because of my car? Hey! Come out! Let’s see what kind of person you are! Hey! Get out here! This punk… I won’t let you get away with this!” as Jiwon slapped away the cheques that the car owner was trying to give her. “Hey! I don’t need this crap!”

Jiwon continued arguing with the person inside the car but then the car reversed and it made her step back. The car immediately left the scene.

“Hey! Stop right there!”

Jiwon immediately got on her car and followed the car that bumped on hers and it lead her to Promise University.

“What is this? She’s a student of Promise University?” as she got off of her car and looked at the car in front of her, the same car that almost caused her accident. “It looks like she’s part of a rich family. Gosh, I was going to be all nice on my first day.”

“Excuse me, what are you doing on our President’s car?” asked the guard near the gate.
“Whose car did you say it is?”
“She hates when someone tries to invade her privacy. Get away from that car now.”
“Is the school’s president perhaps…”


Jisun immediately ran to her office. She looked at herself in the mirror; her plan had completely gone to waste. She took off her coat and headed to the shower room. At the same time, Jiwon was on her way to the President’s Office and Nakyung, who was supposed to be watching who would be going in and out of the President’s office, is not around due to her bathroom emergency. Jiwon made it through without difficulties. Since no one is around, she stepped inside the President’s office.

“Wow~”

At that moment, Jiwon was supposed to be in her classroom since she had just transferred in that school but she failed to attend the class so, the class representative marked her absent during the roll call. The class representative reminded the transferees to never go to the penthouse, where the President’s Office is located because they believe that she’s like a psychopath.

Jiwon was still wandering in that penthouse-looking office.

“She’s rich enough to throw cash on the street.” as Jiwon looked around. She was amazed that the office looked like a house – there’s a bedroom, kitchen and everything that you’ll see in house. It feels like she’s a rich man’s daughter. But then, Jiwon stopped being amused by the things she sees and started to look for something else. She began flipping through the notes on the President’s desk and even tried to open her drawers. Suddenly, she heard that a door opened so she tried to leave the office but on her way, she saw the President come out of the shower room, wearing just a bathrobe while drying her hair. They both stopped and startled to see each other. Jiwon immediately turned her back.

“Why are you during the day in t-the office?”
“H-How did you get in?”
“You thought it’d be over if you ran away?” as Jiwon faced Jisun but immediately turned her back again. “Can’t you just put on something?”

Jisun realized that she’s just wearing a bathrobe so she immediately grabbed her clothes on the couch.

“After you collided with my beat-up car, you gave me too much money. I prefer exact calculations. Are you now decent?” as Jiwon looked back, but turned her head away again because Jisun was still hurriedly buttoning her blouse. Jisun was feeling so rushed.

“I’m sorry that I barged in without your permission. It’s better than a hit-and-run, right? I tend to be extremely honest. I’ve seen people who got in trouble because they didn’t clean up the mess after a car accident.”

Jisun immediately grabbed her coat on the couch near Jiwon and escaped secretly to her bedroom.

“Are you covered up?”

Jiwon looked back but Jisun was already gone. She looked for her and found her at the bedroom.

“Come on, you’ve covered too much now. I wanted to see your face. How rich do you have to be to throw away cash on the street like that?”
Jiwon crawled on Jisun’s bed while Jisun was covering herself with her coat.

“It turns out that you’re the president in this prestigious school. You’re President Roh Jisun, right?”

Jisun turned her back but Jiwon pulled her to make her face her.

“You’re President Roh Jisun, right?”
“No, I’m not!” as Jisun covered her face with her coat.
“Why are you hiding your face? Take this off, will you?” as Jiwon grabbed on the coat but Jisun keeps pulling it to cover her face. “Take it off now!”

“Hey! Who are you? What are you doing in here?” as Nakyung ran towards them and grabbed Jiwon, pulling her away from Jisun.
“I…I’m sorry, Pres.” as Nakyung keeps dragging Jiwon away from Jisun. “Gosh, come out now. Are you crazy? Do you know who she is?”

Jisun keeps covering herself until she felt that Jiwon was not in the office anymore.

“What school did you come from? Are you a spy?” as Nakyung confronted Jiwon.
“I’m not a spy.”
“Then, how did you get in here? Why did you get in, then?”
“She bumped on my car.”
“You could’ve had the insurance company handled it. Why did you have to go in there?”
“Why can’t I go in there?”
“It’s just because…”
“Is she hiding something in there or what?”

Nakyung looked around then she talked to Jiwon in a low voice. “You didn’t see anything strange in there?”
“Is there something strange in there?”
“You’re the one who was in there.”
“You haven’t been in there? Aren’t you her secretary?”
“Eo… Anyway! Don’t you dare come here again.”

Nakyung scoffed and Jiwon had no choice but to leave.

“Obviously, there is something. What on earth is going on in there?” as Jiwon said to herself.

That afternoon, there was a welcoming party for the new students and Jiwon was, somehow, the one who made the party enjoyable due to her easy-going personality.

“I heard you studied music.” as Hayoung sat beside Jiwon.
“Yes, I did.”
“How did you come in Promise University?”
“It’s a school that welcomes minor characters. In our band, I always feel that I have the minor role because I’m only in charge of singing while my band mates are working hard on their instruments.” as Jiwon smiled at Hayoung. “You’re actually a supporting character in this school, too.”
“Am I?”
“I heard that the main character is that person living in the penthouse-like office. You’re like Alfred looking out for Batman.”

Hayoung chuckled. “You’re fearlessly daring, huh?”

“I thought we’re on the same side. That’s what I’m trying to figure out.”
“Based on what? How can we be?”
“Like you, I’m standing right outside the door. Who’s inside the door with the door locked are the ones with money. The ones who have a lot to protect. Someone like me has to knock on the door and open it. Whether it’s a princess or a monster waiting inside the door, I don’t have time to get scared. I just have to. That’s how I can survive. You opened that door on your own. You became the supporting character that shines more than the main character. I’m hoping that you’d open that door for me, too…”
“The door is now open for you…” as Hayoung smiled at Jiwon.


Jisun was alone in her kitchen, drinking some wine while thinking about what happened earlier.

“Did she know who I was and followed me around? Did she plan the accident from the beginning? Nonsense. I was the one who ran into her car from behind.” as Jisun shook her head. “It was an accident. It was a pure accident. There is no way that woman will appear in my room again.”

The next day, Jiwon keeps snooping around, she wants to know what kind of person Jisun was so she keeps asking around.

“Did Pres. Roh Jisun come to school yet?”
“She doesn’t leave the office or come to school. She stays in her office all night.”
“What? So you’ve never met her?”
“Well…” the student shook her head.

Jiwon went to ask the janitress but she said that she had never been in the office.

“No one’s allowed up there. That person…she’s so difficult. No matter how well we clean up, she’s happy to do it all over her way. “

Jiwon realized that Jisun must’ve been a neat freak. She headed next to where the office is but Nakyung was there.

“What now again?”
“I just wanted to talk~”
“What are you doing here again? I told you not to come here.”
“I will just give this to you and leave.” as Jiwon put down a paper bag on Nakyung’s desk. (Nakyung’s place is actually infront of the President’s office hehe) “I didn’t get to introduce myself last time. I actually study here in Promise University, too.”
“You expect me to believe that?”
“Tch.” Jiwon showed her ID. “I’m a transferee.”
“Oh, really?”

Jiwon smiled but Nakyung was a bit worried.

“Honestly, I’m on edge being a secretary here.”
“What are you scared of?”
“I’m scared because I have no idea of what’s going on in there.” as Nakyung glanced at the office. Jiwon secretly took out her phone to record everything that Nakyung will say. “She dragged something in there this morning again. It’s sometimes a sack and other times, a box. Sometimes, it’s a sack that’s big enough for a person to fit in. do you know what’s really scary?”
“What?”
“What goes in, never comes out.”

Jiwon slowly connected things. Jisun lacks social skills, a neat freak and the sack that’s big enough for a person to fit in—is she a psychopath by any chance? Jiwon thought to herself.

At the same time, Jisun opened a cabinet with different kinds of knives. She took a chopping knife and looked at it carefully. Then, she dragged the sack and emptied it into a big container before chopping it forcefully. Then, after that, she took a kitchen knife and starts chopping something on the kitchen table. In her mind, she remembered what Nakyung said the other day about quitting as a secretary. She looked at her table as she started slicing onions after she had chopped the cabbages. She carefully prepared the ingredients that she needs. Then, she peeked outside the office to see if Nakyung was around. Nakyung was looking at her hand mirror and was startled when she noticed Jisun.

“Eo… Pres.” as she stood up and lowered her head.
“Lunch—”
“Yes, it’s almost lunchtime.” as she immediately hid her mirror and smiled nervously.
“Don’t eat your lunch. Wait.”
“Y-Yes, I will.”

Then, Jisun closed the door and Nakyung was annoyed.

“Even a dog needs to be fed for watching the house.” as she sighed in an annoyed manner.

When Jisun closed the door, she continued preparing the dishes she made. She made sure how clean the table would look and how presentable the dishes are. She had set the table so that Nakyung will be able to eat. She was about to open the door again but she hesitated and wondered if Nakyung would like radish.

“Considering her age, she might prefer pasta to rice. But, it’s autumn radish I got all the way from Dangjin this morning. She will fall in love with its sweetness, coolness and crunchiness. So, I shouldn’t worry…” as Jisun opened her door a bit to sneak a peek at Nakyung, then she closes it again. “But what makes a good meal is more about who you’re having it with, not what you’re having. It will be very uncomfortable to eat with me alone. She will have trouble digesting for sure. Until her stomach feels better, she will regret having lunch with me.”

Jisun crouches on the floor as she heaved a deep sigh. Nakyung was feeling hungry when Jisun opened the door again.

“Did you eat lunch yet?”
“I’m not hungry, Pres. My stomach isn’t feeling well.”
“Ah, is it?”
“Yes, I’m good.” as Nakyung gestured to Jisun.
“Alright, then.” As Jisun closed the door and headed back to the kitchen, feeling disappointed. She decided to eat alone but her heart feels heavy and sad. She picked the radish with her chopsticks. “This is an autumn radish I went all the way to Dangjin for.” as she glanced at the door, feeling sulky.

(A/N: The sack she brought early in the morning contains the radish hihi)


“What? She didn’t let you have lunch?” asked Jiwon.
“Someone walked in and out of her office the other day.” as Nakyung looked at Jiwon. “She must be expressing her anger.”
“What’s the big deal about coming to her office?”
“She wouldn’t even let you look at her.”
“What? She won’t let you look at her?”
“She doesn’t like people looking at her. In front of her, I have to bend down and look at the floor.”
“Gosh, that’s how she’s showing off her power?”
“Even if she asks me, I won’t look. I can’t because it’s scary how she stares. You know what happened three years ago? Ah, I almost forget… I can never tell this story.”
“Did something happen three years ago?”
“Well, the girl who used to be the secretary here… Hold on…” as Nakyung touched her tummy.
“Go on and talk~”
“My stomach…what’s wrong?”
“Are you in pain?”
“It should go away soon.”
But, Nakyung twisted in pain.

“You seem in a lot of pain—”

Nakyung collapsed on the floor.

“What do I do? I will call an ambulance!” as Jiwon took out her phone but it ran out of battery. “What a bad timing! H-Hold on a bit!”

Jiwon stood up and knocked on the office’s door.

“Excuse me! You’re in there, right? Excuse me! Come out! Please call 911, please!”

But at that time, Jisun went home, so there was no one in the office.

“What a surprise to see you here!” her father exclaimed upon seeing her.

Jisun bowed to her parents.

“Come sit. Don’t stand there like a guest.” said her mom.
“Wouldn’t it be more comfortable if she was a guest? My daughter is already 20 years old and still very shy. I wonder how your fellow students feel. That’s why such a thing happened three years ago.”
“Stop saying that scary thing~”
“To not make people gossip, don’t take the lead and lie low if possible.”
“That’s our daughter’s specialty. No need to lecture. The election for mayor is just around the corner so, don’t cause any more trouble, okay? You understand, right? It would be so embarrassing. How could my daughter be like that?”
Jisun felt like she’s a trash in front of her parents. Her parents who cared more about what other people would say. Just then, someone hugged her arm. It was her sister, Haneul.

“I had a feeling, so I’ve been waiting.”

Jisun smiled. If there is anyone in the house that she could trust, it is her sister.

“Why don’t you like hair salons?” as Haneul started t Jisun’s hair. “Young and pretty girls talk to you. They ask you if you’re okay and all. It’s like heaven.”

Haneul chuckled upon seeing Jisun’s reaction. “To you, it’s like hell.”
“Sorry to bother you.”
“Are you seeing anyone these days?”
“Not really.”
“For some reasons, you’re going regularly to your therapy. When Dad told you to, you ran away not to do it. It’s a woman who made you decide, right?” as Haneul .
“It’s not that.”
“Who is she? Is she pretty?” as she continue teasing Jisun.
“No.”

Suddenly, Jisun’s phone rang so she had to answer it. It was Hayoung, informing her about Nakyung’s condition. Hayoung told her over the phone that Nakyung collapsed and was immediately brought to the hospital. She also reassured Jisun that she’ll take care of everything.


Jiwon can’t hold back her tears upon seeing what happened to Nakyung. She can’t help not thinking of what happened in the past.

[THREE YEARS AGO]
Jiwon was crying over her sister’s corpse. Her sister died. She committed suicide by jumping off the school building. 

“How can there be no report? What they came up with was that she was suffering from depression? How does that make sense? If you’re not going to do anything, I will. I will go and get her shoes atleast.”

[END OF FLASHBACK]

“She had reflux esophaghitis, stomach cramps, and chronic enteritis. While she’ll all sick like that, life is easy to somebody. She changes her secretaries like tissues. Did she think she blew her nose hard three years ago?” as Jiwon talked to her friend who’s related to the media. “No point in waiting to see. Let’s break the news.”
“Do you really have to do that?”
“You’re the one who told me about the rumor.”
“It was because you were having trouble letting it go.”
“This is an accurate fact, not a rumor.” as Jiwon played the voice recording file on her phone.
“Let’s just wait and see.”
“If I let it go like that, there will be more victims. As I look into it, it’s not just showing off the power of those with money. She’s far more dangerous than I expected. When someone was almost dying right outside the door, she didn’t even blink. That psychopath killed my sister.”


Jisun glanced at the drawer in her office as she remembered what happened 3 years ago. It was night and Jisun was running quickly to her office and saw the window wide open. A pair of shoes was placed on the window pane.

“I never knew her face or name. I kept away because of my selfishness.” as she looked at the pair of shoes that she kept in a locked drawer. “I wanted to comfort her but I’m the one who was comforted.”

Jisun mustered up her courage and decided to go to the school where Park Jiwon performs. She decided that she’ll give her bouquet for the last time but she wants to give it personally. But when Jisun came to the school, she was told that Jiwon already moved to another school. She was feeling disheartened again. She lowered her head that she didn’t notice Jiwon run past her. Jiwon came to the school because she’s worried that ‘RJ’ must’ve sent some bouquet again since ‘RJ’ doesn’t know that she already moved to another school. Jiwon saw Chaeyoung and asked her if ‘RJ’ stopped by.

“She just left. You didn’t see her?”

Jiwon was surprised and she immediately ran outside to look for that ‘RJ’. Jisun was about to throw the bouquet when Jiwon grabbed her wrist.

“RJ?”

Jisun was taken aback and immediately covers her face with the bouquet of flowers.

“I’m Park Jiwon!”

Jisun is currently under a big crisis.