Them

Waiting for her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blackpink was getting ready backstage for an upcoming music award show. It was quiet in the dressing room as the girls put the last touches to their make-up and adjusted their outfits.

Jisoo cast a worried look to Jennie. It had been two days since their return to Korea and she had been in silent mode since then. Her phone was still switched off and she opted for staying at their dorm all the time, cuddling with her dogs and catching up on much needed sleep. She had been friendly with the girls but except from eating together, they did not see much of her.

She was standing in front of a mirror now, brushing her glossy chestnut hair and putting on red lipstick. Her eyes looked focused but far away.

“Jen, everything okay?” Jisoo asked her.

Jen smiled a small genuine, but nervous smile.

“Yes. At least, I guess so.”

“Both EXO and Winner will be here tonight.” Lisa calmy stated as she came up next to Jisoo, her expression serious but gentle.

Jennie visibly swallowed, her eyes shining with uncertainty.

 

“I know.”

 

 

Blackpink rushed backstage after their performance, passing fellow idols and staff members as they hurried of the stage.

Suddenly Jennie bumped into a warm male chest and tumbled a few steps back.

“Easy, girl. Watch where you are going.” someone chuckled.

 

Jennie rubbed her forehead and looked up to the speaker.

 

Suho.

Kai’s bandmate and leader of EXO.

 

Which meant…

 

“Jen.” a warm gentle voice said from behind her. She closed her eyes for a second, took a deep breath and turned around.

He looked beautiful. As usual. His androgynous beauty was like a rare jewel. His blonde waves were perfectly coiffed, the red suit without any shirt underneath fitting his lean, muscled body to perfection.

Why could she not fall in love with him? It would have been so easy. Even their companies had made their peace with it, acknowledging it as a rare opportunity for widespread publicity.

 

But he was just not….him.

 

“Kai-sunbaenim.” she replied and bowed politely.

“Stop calling me that.” he said with a sad smile. “There is no need for formalities.”

“Arrasso.” she agreed timidly.

“Are you doing okay? I have read the online comments and the reports on the news.” he asked.

“It’s nothing I haven’t experienced before.” she stated dryly, but her eyes looked exhausted.

“Jen. You know you can still talk to me about anything.” Kai said and took a step towards her.

 

Suho, who had been standing next to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter