Time. ( Mark Nct x You )

Imagines/One Shot

You've liked Mark even before he was a SM trainee. Mark liked you too and he wanted it to keep it that way so he confessed to you.

Oh man, your relationship was bumpy. There were ups and downs which left you sometimes pondering, "Can we do this anymore?"

You and Mark were still growing through out the years together. You two would quarrel over tiny things. You insecurities showed

and were very noticeable. You felt lonely at times, all you wanted was his affection and love. Mark felt the same way but he was

too busy and was always tired which made him easily irritated when you started being clingy towards him.You always try to

cuddle him or pinch his adorable cheeks. He would always try to push you away to the point the both of you just went silent on the

whole date.

 

One night, you couldn't help it anymore, the pain was unbearable. You cried, letting all the frustration out. You phoned

(Y/Bestie's/N) for her/his opinion and they were definitely thinking the same way. It was time.

 

You and Mark met up again. You arrived first, waiting patiently for him while sipping on your cup of tea on the rainy day.

It was comforting you for the moment. Then, you saw Mark walking towards your way and taking a seat across you.

You ed your gaze from him towards the aromatic tea.

"Hey,babe." Mark cheerfully greeted you.

You managed to give him a half-hearted smile. "Hey."

 

Mark noticed the tension building between the both of you. He let out a cough to ease the situation. " I missed you."

The words were honey in your ears but you knew it was now or never.

 

"Um,Mark." Mark's attention was all towards you.

"I've been thinking really hard and-" You hesitated to speak the rest of your feelings.

"What is it, you can tell me." Mark spoke softly.

 

It breaks your heart, you have loved him to the moon and back but things have been pretty rough lately. You felt that

Mark and you needed a break to focus on one another first.

 

"I'm done." You took all the courage you had to say it.

Mark let out a nervous laugh. "What do you mean?"

"Let's take a break." He looked at you with disbelief.

"It will be good for me and you." You bit your lip anxiously waiting for his reply.

 

Mark needed time to think. He ruffled his hair, taking deep breaths to calm himself after what he just heard.

 

"You're right." Mark said without any emotion in his voice but you noticed his watery eyes. He once again let out a nervous laugh.

"It's my fault, I know."

"Thank you for understanding, Mark." You stated calmly.

 

You were on the edge of crying too and didn't want to show it to him. You decided to leave the cafe first. You finished the cup

of tea and walked out of the cafe. Mark followed you outside and managed to get a grip of your hand which made you

turn around, facing him. He was dripping wet from head to toe. You  wanted to hug him so much but couldn't.

 

"Can we keep in touch?" Mark's voice cracked a bit from holding back his tears.

"I'll be watching you from a far, for now." You gave him a soft smile.

"Please don't leave me." His grip on you was tighter than before.

"I'm sorry, Mark." He let go of you and you walked away until you were out of his sight.

 

Mark regretted everything he had done, he started cussing to himself for being such a fool to have let you go.

 


I'm not feeling well, I have a sore throat and drinking water feels like hell.

I was inspired by Let Me Down Slowly by Alec Benjamin & Alessia Cara