Encounter

Hurt Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

To have an offer letter from the most prestigious university in Korea was almost like a lifelong dream for Jo Yuri. 

 

Making a decision to move from her hometown Busan to Seoul too wasn't an easy one either. 

 

But for the sake of her own future, Yuri needs to face all of those things and to consider all of it as an experience in her life. 

 

Her first day in university wasn't pleasant at all, knowing precisely that almost all of the students there have their own cars and also, she would say a modern person. 

 

While her? Just a normal village girl that comes from Busan. 

 

"He--Hello everyone, I--I'm Jo Yuri," She tried to cordially greet a bunch of students that were in her class but absolutely being ignored at once. 

 

They glared fiercely at Yuri as if she's the weirdest person ever exist there. 

 

Yuri gulped, carefully clearing her throat as she made her way to the back of the class and took a seat at the most secluded one; preventing other people from staring at her. 

 

The class has naturally started and she's glad there are no more weird stares given to her. 

 

As soon as the class ended, the lecturers mentioned how important it is to join at least a club listed on the board and Yuri thought its prime essential to find one now before it's too late. 

 

She went through over the list before suddenly she could feel someone was breathing right beside her. She could hear someone was talking but didn't dare to rotate her head around. 

 

Yuri clamped her lower lips, most probably holding her calming breath. She gradually shifted her head to regard a girl with a ponytail was standing right behind of her, "What club do you want to enroll in?" 

 

Yuri frowned, "Yo--You ask me?" 

 

The girl looked at Yuri and nodded approvingly, as her face was exactly an inch away from the girl. 

 

"W--Well," She startled due to sudden closeness with the unknown girl. 

 

The girl noted the change of expression in Yuri that she belatedly realized what she had done to her for the past few minutes, "Oh, sorry," She immediately took a step backward and giggled, "You're cute, that's why."

 

"Y--Yeah," Yuri blushed over the genuine compliment and it causes the girl to laugh even more. 

 

"You're so cute," The unknown girl ruffled her hair, startled her even more, "Oh, sorry again," She awkwardly pulled her hand down and smiled wryly. 

 

Yuri then replied it with another kindly smile, "That's fine," Her eyes shifted to the board back, trying to focus on reading the list and one of the clubs instantly grasped her attention. 

 

Her lips slowly curved upwards as she managed to find the club that she wants to join. 

 

"Seems like you found one, huh?" The girl asked and Yuri nodded politely, "Great! Just ask me if you need anything okay? I'm Yena," She generously offered her hand for a hearty handshake, "Choi Yena." 

 

Yuri clutched it and stared right into her eyes, "Yuri. Jo Yuri."

 

"Such a beautiful name," Yena justly claimed with a cheerful smile on her face.

 

 

xxxxx

 

 

Yuri was walking alone down the hallway with a piece of paper in her hand. She's trying to find the club room she wanted to join. It's hard actually to find it by herself universally knowing that this is the first day she's in the university. 

 

At long last, the room she was searching for right in front of her eyes. Room 4012. She smiled in satisfied as her knuckle knocks on the door. 

 

"Come in," She sure it's a girl's voice so it relief her at once. 

 

Yuri twisted the knob and took a peek inside the room just to see there are two girls in it, one of it has a golden brown hair while another one with black hair. 

 

"Yes?" The girl with fluffy cheeks gently raised both of her eyebrows upon seeing Yuri.

 

"O--Oh, I--I want to join---"

 

"Oh, newcomers? I'm new too!" She happily greeted Yuri. 

 

The girl stands up, and she's actually a lot shorter than Yuri could ever think. 

 

No, she's not judging, but she's too cute. 

 

The other girl then looked at Yuri with a tilted head, "Come and sit," She respectfully invited Yuri and the girl awkwardly took a seat beside the bread cheeks' girl. 

 

"Hi, I'm Hitomi. Honda Hitomi," She offered for a handshake, and Yuri clutched it right away. 

 

Yuri frowned upon listening to her name because it's not usual to see a Korean with the name, "You're a---"

 

"Yes, I'm a Japanese. Come here to study," Hitomi adequately explained. 

 

"But your Korean is so good!" Yuri exclaimed joyfully and it causes the girl to blush. 

 

Suddenly someone else barged into the room as she lost her breath, "Yah, Hitomi, you couldn't just leave me alone," The girl that presumably has the same height as Hitomi declared. 

 

"Nako! You're here," She greeted enthusiastically her friend. 

 

While the other girl, looking at her junior with a proud smile plastered on her face, "Can we start the meeting?" She looked at them, and the girls silently 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter