The First Summer

Summer Breeze (여름 바람)
1
THE FIRST SUMMER
 
 

It is a wonderful morning where the sun shines brightly through the eternal blue sky, basking the earth with its glory. Ahn is laying comfortably on her bed with a soft smile carving on her lips and her eyes still shut, enjoying the serene chirpings of the birds outside the window. Summer is her favorite season. It is as if the world is smiling and it makes everyone wants to smile along. She stays like that for a good five minutes before finally getting up and stretching herself on the bed.

"Beautiful morning," she whispers to herself.

"GOOD MORNING!" yells a voice of her roommate who is now crashing on her bed, welcoming and squeezing herself to fit into the bubble.

Ahn groans in annoyance and throws a pillow towards the mood breaker, "For God's sake Ari, can you not yell in my ears every single morning?"

Kim Areum or also known as Ari is the chirpiest girl in the house. The one who sometimes talks like she is sitting miles away from you when she is excited. The one who does all the silliest things in the universe just because she feels like it. This girl can never sits still for half second. She will always find some things to do, to say or to annoy people. Areum is in charge of spreading positive vibes around the house (she appointed herself) and so she will fulfill her duty.

She is that cute girl you want to bring home and introduce her to your parents while Ahn is the badass you tell your daughter never to befriend with. One is like a bunny and another one is like a tiger. Ahn always finds herself questioning her fate to have this hyperactive munchkin out of all people, as her roommate.

"YAH!" Areum screams with her high-pitch dolphin voice which can possibly wakes up the whole freaking town when the pillow Ahn threw messes her hair. It is not a big deal but Areum enjoys fighting and bickering with Ahn over a small thing like this.

Knowing Ahn's weakness, Areum swiftly gets out of the room only to come back with a stalk of fresh rose and an evil grin plastering on her lips. In a blink, she climbs the bed and rubs the petals on Ahn's nose.

"That is for messing with the great Ari," she boasts, beating her chest proudly while Ahn is now sneezing every two seconds.

"All hail the greatest Kim Areum," Ahn answers casually, almost as if she is unbothered by it but once Areum turns around to put the flower back in its place, Ahn is fast to pull her down on the bed and headlock the culprit. She lets out an evil laugh, enjoying the sound of her annoying best friend squirming underneath and squealing for help.

A strain of seconds later, the door clicks open.

A girl wearing a colorful flowery apron wraps around her petite body and a spatula in her right hand watches the other two quarrelling. She lets out a long heavy sigh.

"Do I have to come by your room every morning and see Ari half dying and Ahn's hanging mucus?" she finally speaks, almost like a nag.

"And stop stealing my flowers, Ari."

Letting go of Areum's head, Ahn wipes off her hanging mucus only to slowly smear it onto Areum's cheeks, caressing them with so much care.

"Sorry my baby Ari," Ahn coos playfully.

 

And so once again, the people of the town are awaken by Areum's scream.

 

Haein chuckles and shakes her head as she observes the behaviors of the youngest girls in the house that never fail to make her mornings so 'beautiful'. 

Son Haein is the mama of the house. She is the eldest, the most matured compared to the other girls and the one who loves cooking by all heart. She also wakes up early every morning and is the most organized amongst all. Giving those facts, she automatically became the 'housekeeper' because God knows what kind of mess will happen to the house and the girls without Haein around. 

"Come and help me for breakfast after both of you finish hurting each other," Haein instructs as she taps both Ahn's and Areum's head with the spatula lightly.

"Stop acting like a boss," Ahn replies.

"Yeah! Stop acting like a boss!" copies Areum as she stumbles to climb off the bed, crossing her arms with her monkey-like hair.

Haein smiles softly and shrugs, "I am."

 

 
 

It is her final lap.

Almost there. You can do it, y.

Sweat trickles down from her forehead to her cheek and down to her neck. Men are drooling. They stare at the lucky sweat that is now making its way to her cleavage. Some are whistling, some are clapping and some are flexing their nonexistent biceps as she jogs by. She loves the attention but only replies with a mischievous smirk, once in a while giving them a wink before sprinting all the way home.

"I'm back," she greets breathlessly, wiping her sweats off with a small towel.

Ahn who happens to finally come out from her room welcomes the girl with a deep judgmental look.

"What?" she frowns.

"Who wears that for a jog?" Ahn answers sarcastically before catching up on Haein in the kitchen.

Kim Adelaide or Addie. Roommate of Haein. The confident queen of the house. The hottest flirtatious babe in town. With her perfectly toned and curved body and the way she proudly flaunt it, there is no man that can keep his eyes off Addie. This girl is always up for fun and she is definitely enjoying her life to the fullest. The bartender, the biker, the CEO, the engineer, the doctor, just name it. She has dated them all but none has ever lasted for more than a few weeks.

Addie frowns and looks down at her outfit, tilting her head confusingly at Ahn's statement.

"It's just a short with a tee," she replies confidently and makes her way to the fridge for some cold water.

"Tch. That my friend, is an underwear and a bra-shirt," Ahn points at her outfits, stating the fact.

Addie grins and wiggles her towards Ahn who is placing their breakfast on the table, "Just admit that you are jealous with my y body, Ahn."

"Sis please, your is too flat. They don't shake," Ahn jokes before kicking the girl right on her .

Addie laughs while rubbing the spot where Ahn just attacked and sashays diva-ishly to the living room when she sees her sleepy friend, coming out of her room like a drunk woman.  Her eyes are barely open as she stumbles upon her feet all the way to the living room only to flop herself on the three seats sofa and curls herself up.

"You're going to sleep again?" Addie asks, playing with the girl's morning hair.

"There are afternoon, evening and night in a day. Why do we need to discuss in the freaking morning," she grumbles sleepily and swats Addie's hand away in protest.

Shin Sehee. The coolest girl on the block. The one that looks like she has all of her craps together (which she doesn't) and the one you will find it really hard to see being worried over the smallest or the biggest thing ever. If the girls ever get in trouble, the first one to be blamed is definitely Sehee. She never really thinks ahead when making decisions and that is what makes her the troublemaker. Sehee also hates morning the most because it just means lesser time snuggling in her bed doing absolutely nothing.

"Where's your lazymate?" Addie asks before throwing herself on the bean bag opposite of her sleepy friend.

Sehee is roommate with the queen of laziness, Min Haera. Lazy Sehee is a no go for this queen. If Sehee wakes up at 11, Haera will wake up at 2. Just like Sehee, Haera is not a heavy sleeper, she is just too lazy to get up from her bed. All she does is snuggling under her warm blanket and plays games in her phone. People call them the 'lazymates'. The only different about them is that Sehee talks a lot while the other doesn't.

Despite her quiet nature, Min Haera is the most carefree girl in the house. Haera can burp or fart mindlessly in public even if she is standing beside a hot guy. Which adds to the reason why she is also known as the 'disgrace' of the squad. If you want to bring a fine guy home, never bring Haera at all cost. She is a 'code red'.

"Funny of you to assume that Haera would wake up," Sehee snickers, knowing her roommate so well.

Mama Haein who overhears the conversation sighs before nodding at Areum who is sitting on the dining table looking at her like an obedient child waiting for her next instruction. With just one nod, Areum is finally back on her feet, squealing happily while running towards the lazymates' room. The beast has been unleashed.

"Poor Haera," Ahn sips on her tea, slightly smirking.

A few minutes after the house is filled with Areum's screams and her running around the house, finding ways to wake her friend up, Haera is finally joining them for breakfast.

It is the first day of summer and today, these best friends are going to plan their perfect summer together.

 

 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

amagaadd it's the first chapter already weewuu! I know it's rather short because it's just to brief about each girls. i've also decided to skip the intro for now. i'll write special chapters for any characters that'll need deeper explaination on their past later in the story. pls tell me what you think about this chapter! i hope you like it and the girls <3 I might do another update this weekend idk i'll have to see your comments to decide :3 hihihihihi