Oddly well together

Choerry Explores the Bat Cave
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was eerily quiet, too quiet. For Yerim to not say anything, Hyejoo naturally assumed the worst. That she must have hurt Yerim for real and didn't deserve forgiveness.

 

Only when she was about to lose Yerim, Hyejoo finally realized who made her smile, who she looked forward to teasing every day. Yerim was the only one she ever wanted and she didn't want to let her go. If there was something she could do to fix it, she would. But right now, she is at a loss. She questioned herself, wondering where it all went wrong.

 

Her gaze slowly moved down to the cookie in her hand, the crumbs started falling to the ground from the pressure of her grip. Like the cookie, her heart felt as if it was crumbling bit by bit, on the verge of breaking.


The silence dragged on and she lost track of how long it has been. As far as she could see, it was over. She couldn't bare it anymore, turning away to show herself out until Yerim held onto her arm.

 

Hyejoo, confused by the situation, gave her a questioning look.

 

"You are so mean, you know that right?" Yerim finally broke the silence.

 

Hyejoo couldn't deny it; some of pranks she pulled were borderline mean. But to her credit Yerim never tattled to Haseul and she was grateful she lived to prank another day.

 

As a symbol to signify the acceptance of her apology, Yerim took the partially crushed cookie from her hand "But I don't hate you. And I forgive you... Batman oppa."

 

How was this possible? Hyejoo stared at her, speechless like she couldn't believe what she just heard. All the crap she pulled was forgiven, just like that. Instead of feeling resentment, Yerim chose to focus on the positive things Hyejoo has done for her. It made her wonder if Yerim's heart was the size of an ocean.

 

Suddenly overwhelmed by a wave of emotion which felt a lot like relief, Hyejoo felt a steady stream of tears roll down her face, staining her shirt. Before she knew what happened, Yerim wrapped her around her arms, engulfing Hyejoo in the warmest of hugs. The warmth that washed over her was reminiscent of sipping hot chocolate on a cold day.

 

There was no doubt in her mind she has inadvertently associated Yerim with that smooth cocoa drink, in the same way Yerim will forever be reminded of her when it comes to Batman. It was something special that only belonged to them and no one can ever take that away.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Something seemed to have changed after that moment, as if Hyejoo made a mental note to appreciate and treat Yerim better.

 

For reasons unknown BBC decided to dress them in pirate ruffles shirts and rearrange their positions this comeback. Hyejoo chose a spot next to her even if this meant they weren't in the center spotlight.

 

Fierce cold wind or not, they had a fan meet. Yerim watched the tree branches sway back and forth and then looked at their clothes full of holes. She automatically reached for her favorite fuzzy jacket while Hyejoo opted for a blanket because 'cool kids don't wear jackets'.

 

Despite the cold weather, Yerim smiled and interacted with the fans as much as possible like any other day.

 

Suddenly she felt Hyejoo's arms around her, draping both of them with her pink 'My Melody' blanket, holding onto her like she would be there to catch her if she falls. Yerim didn't know if it was because her white fuzzy jacket was warm or if Hyejoo wanted to be closer, or both. Honestly, it didn't matter at this point. She just liked the feeling of Hyejoo next to her, the way Hyejoo looked and smiled at her.

 

When she least expected it, Hyejoo held her hand. It has been a while and it was still as soft as she remembered. Every once in a while she felt her hand being squeezed and they would look into each other's eyes for absolutely no reason at all.

 

"What is with the squeezing?" Yerim had a feeling she was walking into a trap but curiosity got the better of her.

 

A mischievous sparkle lit Hyejoo's eyes "I just felt like it. What are you going to do about it?"

 

Yerim wasn't sure if this is supposed to be a prank. Well, she didn't mind if it was. Out of every joke Hyejoo has played on her, this was definitely her favorite. She returned a smile "Nothing. I like it."

 

 

At some point Hyejoo started laughing at her jokes and funny faces, instead of laughing at her. The change may have been subtle but it made a world of difference to her. It made Yerim feel like Hyejoo enjoyed being around her, like she was appreciated.

 

She hasn't really seen this side to Hyejoo, who always seemed a bit cold towards her. These simple little things made her feel warm and fuzzy inside, like she

Please log in to read the full chapter