Prologue

Don't Go Breaking My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The girl’s feet loudly stomped across the park like a jackhammer tirelessly drilling asphalt, so loud that Seulgi would have probably heard the sound from a mile away had she not been intently watching a video of one of Wendy’s recent performances with her headphones tightly clasped against her ears. Wendy and Moonybul, on the other hand, did hear the loud noises and turned around, both sitting next to Seulgi in a park bench, their two heads looking for the source of such chaos.

 

“You have no shame, do you?” shouted the human jackhammer—a petite girltoo small to be able to make such a big fuss—grabbing Seulgi’s collar, ruining the pristine white uniform blouse.

 

Seulgi’s headphones fell from the violent jerk, landing on the hard asphalt with an audibly painful thud. They were probably ruined. was open in shock but no sound came out of the surprised girl.

 

Two girls appeared from behind Irene, sporting similar long straight black hair. Together, they pushed Seulgi harder, making her take a few steps back, to the edge of the sidewalk, right were the small park’s property ended.

 

In the midst of the terror flooding Seulgi, she noticed that the three girls were wearing the same uniform from the school just across Saint George’s park, Trinity Catholic School.

 

“Aren’t you gonna say anything? You scum?” inquired fiercely the same girl who had held Seulgi by the collar just seconds ago. The girl had brown wavy hair, held in place with an elegant crimson headband.

 

“I don’t know what you’re t-talking about. I-I’m sorry, I think… I think you got the wrong person,” Seulgi replied hesitantly in something barely louder than a whisper.

 

“Seulgi, right? Kang Seulgi from the British School, class 12-B,” the angry girl recited while her two sidekicks huffed and rolled their eyes with impatience.

 

Seulgi was not one to get herself in trouble, she wasn’t particularly popular in school but she wasn’t antisocial either. She preferred to live a quiet life, focusing on school and her piano lessons, so she couldn’t figure out why she had found herself in such trouble on that particular day, during the very first week of school of all times.

 

“Yes, I’m Seulgi. Is there any problem?” she merely replied.

 

“The nerve you have. Mino? Does that ring a bell for you? You’ve been going out with my boyfriend over the summer,” said the pretty but intimidating girl in front of her.

 

“I didn’t know he had a girlfriend, but it’s not like that. We just went out for ice cream, once. It’s n-not like that at all,” said Seulgi quickly, trying to def

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter