2. Park Chanyeol

Second Character

“Must I go bound while you go free
Must I love a manwho doesn't love me
Must I be born with so little art
As to love a man who'll break my Heart” 


― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

 

It’s a sudden news for everyone in that room, especially for Kris, Baekhyun and Sehun who has been together with Chanyeol for years. The curly blackhaired with ridicolously tall height has never spoken once about to his own love life. Kris thought that maybe Chanyeol just not ready yet about facing such as stuff like love, he always said that love is trivial and pain in the so, he rather stayed at home or spend his times at the libary.

 

‘’have you ever tried to confess, yeol-ah?’’ Chen ask

 

‘’i didn’t’’ he said as he stared down at the floor for a moment before shifted and meets his friends eyes with a smile,’’i’m content with just that person is happy, that’s all.’’

 

‘’then...’’ Sehun paused a moment, not sure whether he should continue with his question or not, ‘’what about your heart, hyung??’’

 

‘what about my heart huh’ that question lingers to his ears down to Chanyeol’s stomach and it gives him a slight pang, he just realized that never once Chanyeol thinking about how it wil affect his heart, now that someone mentioned about it the more he ‘’it would be a priviledge to have my heart broken by that person as well, that’s why it’s alright, i’m fine with the way things as now.’’

 

Trying to read the mood around Kris stood up and pat the younger shoulder, ‘’you’re a kind kid and i will always support your decisions’’ and the rest is a blur to Chanyeol, because all he could hear is mainly Kris complimenting him as Luhan came to stand next to him and Kris reaching out to hold Luhan's hand while thanking Chanyeol. His chest feels tight suddenly at the sight and he decided that he gotta leave or else he really going to cry, he grabs his things and smile one last time before bid everyone good bye.

 

Everyone is now exchanging unreadable look, they all pitying the well known cupid love resolution, even Sehun and Baekhyun now shutting their mouth after seeing their chilhood pained expression, it’s their very first time seeing Park Chanyeol showing such a face like that, troubled and scared at the same time. Normally he would be annoyed or just a normal klutz with a very straight faces.

 

They all stunned another time, wondering what kind of respond they all should gave but then, Chanyeol has gone leaving awkward silence to remain. The athmosphere has gotten tense, Suho decided to end the party early and commanding all of them to not questioning the famous cupid, because it’s clear that the man has not wanted any attention when it comes to his love life. Everyone agrees and left one couple at a time, they just discovered the whole new side of the cupid that turned ot to be one of the things that even left untounched by his own childhood friends.


 

 

‘’, , , -‘’ Chanyeol is running, he is running for his dear life like his life totally depends on it. He continue running without caring to apologize when bumped into someone along his way to back home, geez, he’s in a hurry because he’s been holding back his tears at the party, there’s no way he’s going to lose his cool now and cry at the public. Not after he losing so much today and it’s embarassing. He just need to be safe in his room.

 

He’s rushing his steps from the entrance to enter his room and close his door with a loud bang noise, leaving his mother yelling at him for the bad manner he just did, as much he wanted to be a good son every single damn time for his mother, he just stil can’t get over the memories from every single word that came out from his mouth at the party before. He and his big muth, god dammit.

 

Was it all because of the frustration and the need to be noticed by his none another than beloved hyung? Or was it just him being all sensitive because Baekhyun insulted his legendary game? No matter what it is, one for sure that he could confirm is that he must be insane, if he’s in his very clear logical state there’s no way he’ll exposed his own self like an idiot whose going to make a sudden confession out of the blue when his crush’s lover is also just right over there.

 

Yes, he must be crazy of course. Chanyeol is hiding his face while hugging a bolster and scream all his heart out into it, his life is now more has officially ruined for sure, he thought. His own crush said to him that ‘’you’re a kind kid and i will always support your decisions’’ to him, Chanyeol still could recall how later Kris said that how he is such a huge help for the others love affair and complimenting his mature side by saying that he is such a good guy whom always lend a hand for thus who need help even for such a sensitive matter like love as he holding Luhan’s hand tightly .

 

‘ty lovebirds’ chanyeol thought. After the ruckuss he just made Chanyeol stand up and leaving the party early with an excuse that he got a text from his mom to help out with dinner, the only excuse that he could use because everyone knows that Chanyeol could cook like a god along with kyungsoo and his family always asked him to make the dinner.

 

Everything is so messed up today for chanyeol and there’s only one man that available for him ro rants out everything. He turn on his phone and dial a number which has been the only number that he often call when it comes to a problem like this, it’s one other than, Shim Changmin, ‘’ hello....hyung.....aniya, i just..can we meet up for a sec at the usual?’’