Chapter two: Comfort

Damaged

   Hoseok was enjoying the party with his friend when he heard someone calling for help. The cry wasn’t very loud and you could barely hear it over the loud music, but someone was definitely calling for help. Hoseok followed the distressed sound to find a boy curled up in the corner of the room.

   Hoseok thought the boy was very beautiful. He was a little younger than Hoseok by about one or two years, but judging by his long legs was taller than him. The boy had pretty pale skin with flushed cheeks and tear stains from crying, and plump pink lips that probably had some kind of lip tint on them.

   Hoseok knelt down in front of the boy. He caught a name in between the calls for help. They boys eyes were closed so he had yet to notice Hoseok.

   “Are you okay?” Hoseok asked, causing the boy to jolt his eyes open. Hoseok noticed the terror in the boy’s eyes and the shakiness of his breath.

   The boy shook his head violently, seeming to have no control in his breathing.

   “What’s wrong?”

   “M-my fr-riend,” the boy answered with struggle. “I d-don’t know w-where he w-went.”

   “Can you tell me what he looks like so I can look for him?”

   The boy gave a brief description of his friend and said the friend’s name is Minhyuk.

   “Alright, I’ll see if I can find him,” as Hoseok got up to leave, the boy suddenly shouted.

   “N-NO DON’T LEAVE!” The boy began to sob.

   It was then that Hoseok understood what has happening. The boy was having a panic attack, probably from anxiety.

   “I need you to calm down and breathe,” Hoseok said calmly, kneeling back down to the boy’s level. “I’m going to breathe with you, okay?”

   The boy nodded as Hoseok took slow, deep breaths. The boy followed Hoseok’s pattern until his breathing was under control. Hoseok smiled when he saw that the boy was no longer gasping for air.

   “I’ll get you some water and be right back okay?”

   “No,” the boy whined. “Don’t leave me please.”

   “I promise I’ll be right back,” Hoseok held out his pinky. The boy looked at it questioningly before wrapping his own pinky around it. 

   Hoseok quickly filled a plastic cup with tap water and returned to the boy, who was trembling. The shaking boy brought the cup to his lips and took small shaky sips, being careful not to spill on himself.

   After the boy was done with his water, Hoseok smiled, glad to see the boy had calmed down.

   “What’s your name?”

   “Hyungwon.”

   “My name is Hoseok,” he said with a smile. “Do you want to help me find your friend?”

   Hyungwon nodded. He stood up with Hoseok’s help, as his legs were still a bit wobbly from nerves. They had looked around the house for about half an hour with no luck. Hyungwon was starting to panic again.

   “Hyungwon?” Hoseok noticed that Hyungwon was starting to shake and breathe funny again.

   “Too many people,” Hyungwon gasped out. Hoseok understood and took Hyungwon outside where there were a lot less people.

   There were a handful of people on the lawn, smoking or just not wanting to be inside. It was a lot calmer than the chaos that was happening inside the house.

   Hoseok smiled when Hyungwon quickly calmed down. His breathing was a lot more even and he only shivered from the cold.

   “You feeling better now?” Hoseok put a hand on Hyungwon’s shoulder, causing the younger to stiffen. He quickly pulled back.

   “Yeah,” Hyungwon nodded. “I’m fine. Minhyuk is probably with some guy. Which freaking .” Hyungwon sighed as he ran both hands through his brown hair. “He was my ride here and I don’t see his car.”

   “I can take you home,” Hoseok suggested, which caused Hyungwon to look at him with wide eyes. Hoseok held both hands up in surrender. “I won’t try anything, I swear. I’ll drive you home and drop you off, that’s it.”

   Hyungwon considered Hoseok’s request. He didn’t have any money on him for a taxi and he certainly didn’t want to stay at that house all night. Also, Hoseok hasn’t done anything that would make Hyungwon not trust him. He seemed sober enough to drive and he was really nice.

   “Okay.”

   Hoseok smiled as he lead Hyungwon to his car. Once in, Hoseok turned the heat on to put a stop to the younger boy’s shivers. Hyungwon entered his address into Hoseok’s GPS and they began to drive.

   A few minutes into the trip, Hyungwon fell asleep. Hoseok couldn’t help but sneak occasional glances at the sleeping boy. He truly was beautiful. His pouty lips were slightly parted, his eyes gently closed, and the moonlight outlining him in a milky halo.

   Hoseok didn’t want to wake Hyungwon when they got to his apartment. He looked so peaceful, especially compared to the way he panicked before. Hoseok sighed before shaking the boy awake.

   Hyungwon groaned without opening his eyes.

   “Hey, we’re here.”

   Hyungwon whined while he tried to stretch in the car that was just a little too small for his long limbs. He undid his seatbelt but hesitated before opening the door.

   “Is something wrong?” Hoseok asked.

   Hyungwon looked at Hoseok with pleading eyes. He blushed slightly before speaking.

   “I -um, I, uh...” Hyungwon bit his lip and blushed harder. He was embarrassed to ask this of someone he barely knew. “C-can you stay with me for the night?”

   Hoseok widened his eyes in shock. Not bad shock, more of an “I-wasn’t-expecting-that” shock. Hyungwon noticed the expression and started to apologize.

   “I’m sorry. Please don’t take it the wrong way. I know we just met but I’ve never been left alone in the apartment before and I’m not mentally stable. I swear I’m not trying to hook up with you. I’m not like that! I just need someone in the apartment with me but Minhyuk left and you’re the next closest thing I have to a friend so please?”

   Hyungwon held his breath while he waited for Hoseok to answer. He released the breath when Hoseok nodded.

   “I understand. Let’s go.” 

   

   Hyungwon unlocked the apartment and the lights, blushing from shame.

   “I’m sorry it’s not much. Minhyuk and I don’t keep a lot of stuff.”

   Hoseok took in the small apartment, not that there was a lot to look at. The living room consisted of a small TV and a dusty blues couch. There was a small kitchen with dirty dishes in the sink. There was also two bedrooms and a bathroom.

   “Again, I’m sorry for the mess. I don’t usually come out of my room so...”

   “It’s fine,” Hoseok reassured him with a nod. “I’m also living in an apartment with a college freshman so I’m used to this.”

   Both men stood there awkwardly for a moment. Hyungwon didn’t normally have people over so he didn’t know how to treat guests, and Hoseok wasn’t sure what he was and wasn’t allowed to do.

   Hyungwon decided to speak first.

   “Um, I’m going to go change. Do you want anything?” 

   “Can I borrow some sweatpants? I can’t sleep in jeans.” 

   “Sure,” Hyungwon went into his room to find some clean-ish sweatpants for Hoseok to borrow. He finally found a pair at the bottom of his closet that he never wore because they were too big. He went back into the main room to give them to Hoseok.

   After Hoseok went into the bathroom, Hyungwon went into his room to change. He slipped on some gray sweatpants and a large long sleeved shirt.

   Hyungwon froze as he entered the main room. He saw Hoseok sitting on the couch flipping through channels in sweatpants and a black undershirt. Hyungwon was amazed by Hoseok’s muscles. He didn’t want to admit to himself because he didn’t want to sound like a thirsty hoe. That was Minhyuk’s job. But he couldn’t help himself. They were impossible NOT to notice. Hyungwon was snapped out of his stupor was Hoseok waved him over to sit next to him.

   Hyungwon nodded and sat on the couch. Hoseok was scanning through Netflix while Hyungwon was scanning Hoseok’s face.

   He didn’t realize how handsome Hoseok was before at the party because it was dark and he was in panic mode. But now that he’s close to him he could definitely take in Hoseok’s appearance in full. He had dark black hair that contrasted really well with his pale skin. His lips weren’t too thick but weren’t pencil thin and they were a healthy pink-red color. His eyes were very pretty and shone with kindness.

   Hyungwon was snapped back when the opening song of a drama played. He knew the drama was pretty cheesy and cliche but he didn’t argue and just watched.

   About halfway through the episode Hyungwon fell asleep. Hoseok chuckled at the cuteness when he felt Hyungwon’s head on his shoulder. 

   After another episode Hyungwon was practically on top of Hoseok. His skinny arms were wrapped around Hoseok’s waist and his head was on his chest. Hoseok smiled and pet the younger’s hair. Not too long after, Hoseok fell asleep.

 

   The two men were rudely awakened by the sound of Minhyuk’s laughter. Hyungwon quickly sat up and separated himself from Hoseok when he saw Minhyuk had his phone out, taking pictures.

   “Look, Hyungwon found himself a mans!”

   “Minhyuk, I swear to God!”

———————————————————————-/

   Hello~ Authornim here!

   I had wanted there to be more to this chapter but it was nearing 2000 words so I’ll just put it in the next chapter.