Chapter five: Minhyuk’s date

Damaged

   Minhyuk’s date was... interesting. Not that he didn’t enjoy it, of course. It was just one of those things that prove that life is always full of surprises.

   Minhyuk had left Hoseok to take care of a sick Hyungwon before meeting Hyunwoo at the agreed location. They were going to dinner.

   Minhyuk found Hyunwoo waiting outside the restaurant. They greeted each other with a hug.

   “Hello, Minhyuk,” Hyunwoo smiled. “You look beautiful.”

   “You don’t look too bad yourself,” Minhyuk kissed the taller male on the cheek. 

   Hyunwoo looped his arm around Minhyuk’s waist. “Come on, let’s go inside.”

   The restaurant was nice. It wasn’t something super fancy that you had to book weeks in advance, but it wasn’t a sports bar either. Minhyuk was a little confused when Hyunwoo walked towards a table that somebody was already sitting at.

   The male was short with brown hair and a slightly chubby face. He beamed at the couple when they sat down.

   “Did you wait long?” Hyunwoo asked.

   “No, not at all,” the shorter shook his head and then smiled at Minhyuk. “You must be Minhyuk.”

   “Yeah,” Minhyuk nodded. He didn’t know who this guy was or why he was there. He was confused to say the least.

   The short male held out his hand. “My name is Kihyun. Hyunwoo has told me a lot about you.”

   Minhyuk shook Kihyun’s hand. “If you don’t mind me asking, what is your relationship with Hyunwoo?”

   “Kihyun is my boyfriend,” Hyunwoo answered bluntly. “He’s going to be your boyfriend too, if you’re interested.”

   A waitress came before Minhyuk could respond. The three men ordered their food. Minhyuk took a few minutes to recollect his thoughts.

   “I don’t... understand.”

   “Have you ever heard of a poly relationship?” Kihyun asked.

   Minhyuk nodded. “It’s a relationship that involves more than two people, right?”

   “That’s right,” Kihyun rested his head on his hand. “Hyunwoo and I have been thinking about being in a poly relationship for a while, but we couldn’t find anyone who suits both our tastes.”

   Minhyuk nodded along, trying to process everything. He’s never truly been in a relationship before, and there he was, being asked to be in a poly relationship. He couldn’t disagree that Kihyun was attractive, but could he handle a three person relationship?

   “What kind of partner are you looking for?”

   “Someone who is dependent but can still get stuff done,” Kihyun counted off on his fingers. “Preferably male because I’m a power bottom. Someone experienced and with a lot of stamina. Someone who can be cute and domestic but still have fun, y times.”

   The waitress came back with the food. They all thanked her collectively as she left.

   “We also want someone who will love and respect us both equally,” Hyunwoo finished.

   Minhyuk nodded as he bit into his food. He believed he could fit the standards but he also thought he would fall short.

   “Why don’t you tell me about yourself, Minhyuk?” Kihyun asked.

   “Well, my name is Lee Minhyuk. I’m 21 years old and currently a junior in college. I live with my foster brother, Hyungwon. I can carry but I’ve never been pregnant.”

   “How would you describe your life?”

   Hyunwoo chocked on his drink. “Kihyun!”

   “It’s fine,” Minhyuk reassured. “I used to sleep around a lot but I don’t like leaving Hyungwon home alone so I don’t go out as much now.”

   “You had with Hyunwoo.”

   Minhyuk nodded, slightly embarrassed now.

   “Did you enjoy it?”

   “Kihyun, stop it,” Hyunwoo exclaimed as Minhyuk hid his blushing face. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t know he would start being blunt right away.”

   “You like when I’m blunt.”

   “But Minhyuk doesn’t know you that well yet. Don’t scare him away.”

   Hyunwoo and Kihyun stopped arguing when they heard laughter. Minhyuk was laughing. He found their bickering absolutely adorable. They sounded like an old married couple. He wanted to be a part of it. In turn, they found Minhyuk’s laugh amazing. It was the kind of laugh that made everyone else laugh, like it could expel all that was bad around them.

   “You guys are so cute,” Minhyuk giggled.

   Both Hyunwoo and Kihyun smiled at him. They finished the rest of their meal in comfortable silence.

 

   “Would you like to come over to our place?” Hyunwoo asked as Minhyuk went into his own car.

   “I don’t know if I should,” Minhyuk scrunched his nose. “Hyungwon is sick and I don’t want to leave him too long.”

   “We won’t keep you too long, just an hour or two.”

   Minhyuk checked the time. It was just after 10 pm. Hyungwon was probably asleep.

   “Yeah, I’ll go.”

 

   Minhyuk followed their car to their house. It was really nice. But then again, every place looked nice compared to Minhyuk’s apartment. 

   The living room was simplistic, with a cream colored carpet and a navy blue couch. The tall lamps left a golden glow on the dark wood paneling. There was a big flat screen tv on the wall.

   “This place is nice,” Minhyuk gasped as he took his shoes off.

   “Thanks,” Kihyun responded. “I’m a lawyer and Hyunwoo is a dance teacher so we are pretty well off.”

   “Ah.”

   “Come on, let’s watch a movie,” Hyunwoo suggested as he sat on the couch.

   “You can sit next to him if you’d like,” Kihyun whispered to Minhyuk who looked visibly nervous. “I won’t be jealous.”

   “You sure?”

   “Yeah. He’s your boyfriend, too.”

   Minhyuk nodded and took a seat next to Hyunwoo, who wrapped his arm around the younger. Kihyun sat down and Minhyuk was enveloped with warmth. He liked it.

   Hyunwoo scrolled through the movies on Netflix, everyone deciding on “Frozen”. Hyunwoo smiled while his boyfriends sang along to all of the songs. It warmed his heart seeing how well they got along. Before they knew it, the movie was over.

   “I need to get going, guys,” Minhyuk got up off the couch and slipped his shoes on. “Hyungwon is sick and I don’t want him alone all night.”

   “Can we get goodbye kisses?” Kihyun pouted.

   Minhyuk smiles as he cupped Kihyun’s face with his hands. He gently pressed their lips together. He did the same with Hyunwoo.

   “Goodbye.”

   “Goodbye, Minhyuk.”

 

   Minhyuk drove home with his heart feeling light and warm. He sat in the parking lot for a minute just smiling and blushing to himself. He had two boyfriends now. Two handsome, amazing, sweet boyfriends who care about him.

   His heart jumped even more when he entered his apartment to find Hyungwon cuddled up with Hoseok. It was absolutely adorable. He felt even happier when he saw Hoseok kiss Hyungwon on the forehead before leaving. He was happy for Hyungwon. He hoped it would help him see that people do care about him and that he deserved to be loved.

   He hoped Hyungwon’s life would change for the better.

 

———————————————————————-

   Hello~ 

   Surprise! Minhyuk has two boyfriends now! Did this shock anyone? Yes? No? Anyway, someone commented that I should write about Minhyuk’s date (I don’t remember the username, I’m sorry) and I thought of this. I’m sorry if it’s weird for some people I just believe Shownu, Kihyun, and Minhyuk have more than enough love to share with multiple people.

   The next chapter will probably be a time skip to get the plot moving.

   Until next time!

   Kisses~ 😘