Chapter 3

You Waste It On me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride in the car was pretty awkward and silent. Both of them didn’t dare to talk, and Mina thinks she needs to do something. After a minute, some idea popped out in her mind. She glared at the older next to her, but she stunned by Momo, how cool and charming yet hot when driving her car. She gulped hard just looking at Momo, ah she really missed Momo being protective like this around her. Why she so stupid to know when Momo was there for her, did the older love her like she loves the latter? Mina kept thinking of the same thing day by day, Momo is pretty inside out, she got easily approached someone and always stay humble. Momo deserve the best, but she not sure what is the thing Momo want. Not like her, she just girl didn’t have nothing but loneliness. She loves and happy her current job as a global singer who easily attracted to a lot of people around the world because the aura she has but she didn’t feel anything. She does love her fans, but as day by day she was like didn’t find, the happiness doing so instead lonely, sometimes she gets strength loss and tiredness easily, she got bored with her current state like nothing big happened in her life. She has power over everything. Woke up in the morning, have a breakfast- dinner and so on, meet and greet, showcase and concert. The same thing she always does, she indeed pretty and the prettiest in the world, well that was Momo said when she started to know Mina when she still in their high school year. Its make Mina smiled without Momo knowing. The way Momo told her pretty was still lingerie in her mind till now. 

“Momo?” Mina called softly, make Momo hummed. “I’m hungry, could we get to any restaurants before heading home?” Mina glared to her left side again, to see Momo’s reaction. “You didn’t have the dinner yet?” said Momo worried, but keep her eyes still on the road.

Mina nodded, when Momo started to look at her.

“Sure, where and what do you want to eat?” Momo searching Mina’s eyes when the young girl looking at her. “Anywhere anything is fine for me.” Mina smiled yet shy, she looked adorable the way she looked Momo like that. Momo softly sighed, didn’t want the younger hear and know how weak she is right now.

The clock already past 12 in the midnight. There are Momo and Mina, eating some tteokbokki and jokbal for the late dinner at the stall crossed the road. “Do you want some sundae before we go?” Momo asked. “I will pay, don’t worry Mitang.” Momo even surprised by herself, how she could call Mina with the name after God only know how long she was not called the girl by the name after separated, that’s what she thought. “S-sorry, I mean I-I will get it now, stay here.” Mina smirks playfully, after a years didn’t hear the blonde call her with that. She somehow happy yet surprised by the nickname, it has been a while she didn't hear that. Ah Mina really do love the name, it has been since Mina in the high school that Momo give it to her when the first time they met, and since that Momo and Sana couldn’t stop to call her by the name. After a good 5 minutes Momo gone to get the food, finally has come. “Here, it’s good. You should try and ask Nayeon to bring you here again.” Momo smile slightly, she feels a deep gazed at her right now, didn’t dare to look up when she talked to Mina.

“Momo.” Mina called softly.

Craps.

“Can you look at me?” Mina slowly reached Momo hands on the table. But Momo was fast enough to pull them abruptly. Momo heard Mina groaned. “Momo, please. Look at me.”

Momo slowly raised her head, try not to look at Mina but everywhere. “Here Momo, here.” Mina reached and hold Momo left cheeks crossed the table who not that far to force the older look at her.

“I miss you.” Mina said.

“What are you talking about? We were eating right now.” Momo still acted nonchalant even she know only god knows what she feels right now. She try to push Mina hand from her cheeks.

“You still didn’t give me the answer why you’ve been like this.” Mina eyes softly looked at Momo.

“If you asked me to have the dinner right now to talk about this, better I leave.” Momo about to stand when Mina holds her right wrist. Momo was not ready to tell the young girl what she feels every time she met her, when Mina get hugged by a guy, get a kissed on the lips from another and so on, she just can’t. She didn’t ready to say all of that to Mina. She is not ready for lost Mina, she didn’t want to ruin her friendship. 

“You are different, Momo that I know was brave not a coward like you.” Mina stood up, and faced Momo. “Let me drive you home.” Momo tried again to change the topic.

“Alright, fine. Let see how long you could treat me like this.” Mina’s voice soft and almost cracked, having a hard time to hold the tears. Didn’t want to look weak infornt the older. “You wait and see.” Mina leaned closer then whispered to the blonde girl close enough make Momo gulped in nervous before she walked away and getting in the Momo car. Momo balls her hand into a fist and let out a heavy sighed, she blames herself hurting Mina again. Yeah, called her stupid. That’s what she deserves.

Momo paid the food after that, sighed could hear before getting in the car. She glared at the girl beside her on the passenger seat. Looking gloomy and silent mad crossed her hard. Momo ignored the latter, then drive Mina home. She keeps reminding herself that she should say at least sorry to the young girl, if that is enough for Mina or else she keep hurting the girl.

The way back home is quite awkward and the silent treatment creeping them out. Momo keep hearing a lot of heavy sighs from the younger, Momo choose to let Mina zooming out through the car window, at least let the girl enjoy the scenery at the midnight where is no one was on the road, only a few bikers, lover walking next to each other and people drinking at the stall nearby. It’s made the city look beautiful and calm itself.

“I’ve broken up with Jin.” Mina mumbles.

Momo looked surprised.

“What’s the point you tell me this now?” asked Momo cold and tightened the hold on the car steering. But she does care and happy hearing that, but why. A lot of thought was running in her mind, what's the main reason and why Mina would so sudden to tell her this

“In case, you ne-.. want to know.” Mina somehow scared what the older think about her when she said this out of her thought.

Momo sighed softly.

“I’m sorry.” Mina purred.

“What was that for?” Momo asked, the eyes still on the road but give a glanced at the girl next to her.

“Just now.” Mina make puppy eyes. “It was too much from me, I know.” Her heads look down, play her fingers on the laps.

Mina takes a glance the girl, assumed Momo must be to focus on the road since she didn’t give a damn reaction to her even a second, Mina tries to reach Momo hands and intertwined them. Momo who was alert what the girl did suddenly feel stiff and shocked. Not again, Mina.

“Could you at least look at me when I talked?” She squeezed Momo hand.

“I’m driving Mina.” Momo said softly. “Is it hard to look at me for a while?” Mina asked, she feels a bit upset the way Momo treated her. “Don’t you start this again, please.” Momo softly said, slightly heard like a warning, slowly pulled her hand from Mina.

“I don’t!” Mina soft yelled was make Momo in shocked.

“Stop the car.” Mina piercing voice heard. Momo looks confused just staring at Mina, the way she crossed her hand. “What the hell you Mina?” Momo eyes still on the road after took a several glanced at the girl.

“I. Said. Stop. The. ing. Car.”  

Momo sighed. Tired of bickering with the girl just the small yet same problem all the time.

“Fine.” Momo stop the car, Momo did as she was told before the younger could do anything. As soon as the car stopped, Momo took a deep glanced to the girl next to her who right now was undid her seatbelt.

“Why, is hard for you to treat me better? Is it I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter