-4-

Commoner

'KIM JONGIN!' a fangirl screamed, tears coming out of her eyes and jumping. Jongin was dancing and signing autographs and albums for his fans meanwhile Seulgi was pretending to be a staff member or manager or whatever.

Jongin smiled and the Seulgi swore that the fangirl nearly fainted. Seulgi was watching a Red Velvet performance that happened today and Seulgi couldn't stop thinking about Irene. She's never thought about her idol for this long. Suddenly, someone bumped into Seulgi and Seulgi's eyes widened. Seulgi had a mouth mask on and a cap so nobody could recognize on but so did this girl. 'Sorry!' the girl apologized. Her voice sounded familiar though.

'Oh, Joohyun-unnie!' Kai exclaimed with his hands in his pockets. Seulgi's eyes widened and she gulped. Seulgi immediately turned off her phone and quickly put it in her purse. Seulgi didn't want Irene to know that she was admiring her weirdly in her performance.

'Ah, Jongin-sunbaenim! You're also invited to be at this fansign?' Irene asked with her dazzling smile. Jongin nodded and the two signed some autographs and albums ans started dancing to each other's songs. Seulgi was indulged in Irene, watching her every move and sometimes looking at her legs... 'Seulgi-ssi?' a voice asked, nudging Seulgi, who was starting to get sleepy.

Suddenly, Irene turned her head back and tripped backwards and fell on her bottom. Seulgi gasped and instinctively got up to help her up. Jongin gasped and did the same. 'JONGIN-OPPA!' a fangirl screamed, taking a picture of Jongin. Jongin didn't even answer or look at her since he was helping Irene get up. Irene shivered at the touch of the staff. But another staff said "Seulgi," which Irene assumed to be the Kang Seulgi.

That's when Jongin accidentally tripped and hit Seulgi. Luckily, Jongin didn't fall on his knees but Seulgi did. She fell on her back and her cap came off. Irene saw those familiar monolid eyes and gasped. Jongin gasped and the two both grab onto both of Seulgi's arms. Seulgi blushed when Irene tried helping her but Jongin's manly arm pulled her up strongly.

'Careful!' Seulgi exclaimed. Some fangirls were shocked at the casual talk from the staff to the idols. Some people realized that she was quite pretty and continued taking pictures. Irene smiled and the fansign ended after that incident. Seulgi and Jongin walked casually to their car with fans and paparazzi surrounding the two and some other staff. 

'Jongin, we've heard rumors about you and Irene datin--'

'Not true.'

'Jongin--'

'Honorifics, please.'

'Ah, yes, but I heard that you're going to leave EXO soon!'

'Not true.'

'Wait, Jongin--'

Jongin and Seulgi and the staff pushed out of the crowd and Jongin's manager along with Seulgi got into their car with fans screaming and taking pictures and being crazy. Seulgi had a wave of relief wash over her until Jongin wrapped his arm around her.

Seulgi blushed and the blush was quickly erased when she thought of Irene and Seulgi pushed Jongin's arm off of her shoulders. 'Get your hands off of me.' Jongin laughed loudly and he smirked. Seulgi didn't like Jongin's smirk. She felt like a fraud or something... she felt like she was Jongin's toy and she didn't like being his supposedly "girlfriend." 

'But we're dating!' Jongin said, pouting. Anybody other than Seulgi wouldn't found it cute but Seulgi shook her head and pushed Jongin away from her. She was obviously uncomfortable but Jongin didn't care. Then the car stopped. Jongin was going to shoot a commercial. 'Oh right, thank you,' Jongin thanked his manager, bowing. Seulgi did the same and the two exited the car and walked inside the building to shoot the... ramen commercial.

Suddenly, Seulgi spotted Irene and tilted her head, confused. Two meetings in a day? It was 1:30, the right time to eat lunch. 'Oh? Irene-ssi? You're also shooting a ramen commercial?' Jongin asked, furrowing his eyebrows. He was suspicious of her activites. So far he has seen her everywhere that he'd been at today.

'Um, yes?'

Jongin laughed. Irene faked a smile and then she spotted Seulgi, who was sitting in a chair falling asleep. Irene smiled to herself and Jongin spotted Irene. He growled. A feeling was growing in his stomach. He decided to keep himself quiet for now. 'You two, to the set now,' the director shouted and Jongin and Irene obeyed.

It was an hour and a half before they finished filming the 30 second commercial. 'You two are good now.' Irene and Jongin exited the set and Jongin was finding his jacket and spotted Irene wrapping a blanket over Seulgi. Jongin bit his lip with jealousy. Irene then stared at Seulgi was loving eyes and Jongin didn't like it one bit. He then confronted Irene with a clenched fist. 

'Irene,' he said firmly with no honorifics at all. Irene was startled and stumbled backwards, forcing herself to look at Jongin's eyes. 'What do you think... you're doing?' he asked. Irene smiled and rubbed her arm.

'I'm just wrapping a blanket around Seulgi.. she looked cold.' Jongin squinted his eyes and then took a step forward towards Irene and Irene took a step back. Jongin looked very intimidating.

'I know you're a sweet girl Irene, but don't touch my girl ever again,' Jongin warned Irene, pointing his finger at her. 'I really admire you, Irene. I do! You're so beautiful and talented! Remember when we met the other day and I was fanboying over you? I really like you and your music but if you even think about touching my girl, Kang Seulgi, you're done for. I don't even care if I go to prison for this.' Irene suddenly felt droopy. Was Seulgi really in love with Jongin? Well, it's not like Seulgi likes her romantically, right? But those signals that she received from her... was it all for nothing? 

__________

Seulgi eventually woke up and Jongin drove her home. 'Be safe!' Jongin said cheerfully. Seulgi rolled her eyes but couldn't contain a smile. Jongin was silly and goofy.

'I will!'

Jongin felt his heart skip a beat. Seulgi felt like she was in a love story. But she doesn't even like Jongin romantically. Seulgi suddenly received a notification. Seulgi checked her phone and saw a text from Irene. Seulgi raised an eyebrow.

Irene: We can't hang out anymore! My schedule is packed and I barely have time to text you now. Sorry.

Seulgi: What? But you can't!!!

Seulgi was skeptical. What was the meaning behind all of this? Seulgi decided to shrug it off for now. After all, she's not an idol and she's not famous or anything. If her schedule is really packed, Seulgi should just leave Irene alone.

Seulgi cheerfully walked into her house and locked her door. She then made some ramen for her because Seulgi cannot cook at all. Seulgi started watching Korean dramas while eating ramen and oh boy, Park Bogum is in a drama with Bae Irene! Seulgi nearly choked on her ramen when she heard this on TV. Seulgi's hands were shaking. Well, it's just a drama after all! Bogum is already in a relationship and it's been confirmed! Seulgi ate her ramen feeling bitter. But Irene is an idol and Seulgi isn't. And the society wouldn't even accept their relationship.

Irene: I know. But... we just can't talk anymore. Bye.

Seulgi sighed. Why did Irene just... shut her down like that? It's as if they never met. It's as if Seulgi never saved Irene or personally talked to her. Well, Seulgi is not special. She's just.. a commoner.

__________

Irene was ing terrified. Jongin, Kai of EXO, has just ing caught Irene crushing on Kang Seulgi. It's been confirmed that Irene likes Seulgi then. If Jongin spotted her then Irene knows that she likes Seulgi. No, she loves Seulgi. There's no one that she would love to be with for the rest of her life.

She was informed that she'd be in a drama with Park Bogum, the famous, handsome actor. Very famous for his amazing acting and his visuals. Irene nodded at the news. She didn't care about anything right now. Irene nearly broke down in the car but she composed herself and sighed deeply.

'Miss Bae, you seem like you're having a hard time,' Donghae said, observing Irene's actions. Irene snapped her neck and looked at Donghae with terrified eyes. 

'W-well.. I was just wondering what it'll be like if I wasn't a celebrity,' Irene told Donghae. She was thinking about it. If she wasn't a celebrity then maybe she could have a better chance being with Seulgi. But if she wasn't a celebrity, would she even meet Seulgi at all?

Donghae nodded and stopped at a red light. Irene suddenly felt insecure and unsafe. Did Donghae know about her and Seulgi and Jongin? 'Well, people would have a better chance at dating you,' Donghae replied jokingly. Irene froze. Was that true? Is it true? Does it also imply to Seulgi? Donghae laughed at his own joke and Irene awkwardly laughed too.

Irene gulped. She was not ready to face Jongin. She's a woman and he's a man! She can't fight him in any way at all. Jongin is very sly and manipulative and that's why Irene dislikes Jongin. But Jongin is very nice and cheerful and that smile makes everybody smile. He's contagious. But the same goes for Irene. She's nice, she's cheerful, her smile is contagious. Irene buried her face in her hands and groaned loudly. Donghae just watched with hawk eyes. Then he looked at the street. 

'We're here, Miss Bae,' Donghae announced, startling Irene. Irene was extremely scared for some reason. Why was she so easily startled nowadays? 'Please gather your bags..' Irene was so vulnerable nowadays and Donghae worried for her. Was she really okay?

__________

Seulgi woke up with a headache. She called Seungwan so they could walk to school together but Seungwan refused. Was this because of the incident and encounter with Jaebum? 'I'm sick, Seulgi. Seriously?' Seungwan replied with a hoarse voice. Seulgi was suspicious. Seungwan would usually go to school despite being sick. And if she was really sick, she would vomit or something and go get sent home in the middle of the school day.

'Oh.. okay.. when are you going back to Canada?' Seulgi asked. Seungwan coughed and then yawned.

'Tomorrow.' Seulgi froze. Tomorrow? Isn't that a little too early? 

'How long?'

'Umm... maybe 1 or 2 weeks?'

Seulgi was ready to drop her phone. Seungwan bought her a new phone after her phone broke the other day. 'Okay... bye...,' Seulgi said, ending the call. Seulgi, despite having a headache, was getting ready to go to school.

After getting prepared for school, Seulgi didn't even eat breakfast and started walking outside to school. She locked her door and closed it and looked outside. It was bright outside, the sun shining brightly. Seulgi sighed. She walked slowly towards her destination with her head hung low. It felt like she was in a drama. Was shee going to survive without Seungwan? Seulgi looked at the trains passing by and the people happily chatting with their friends.

Seulgi frowned. If only. Seulgi even spotted a couple at her college kissing and holding hands, walking to her college together. Seulgi cringed and thought of her doing that with someone special. Irene. Seulgi's headache intensified and Seulgi nearly fainted. The heat outside wasn't helping either. 'Hey, are you okay?' a voice asked, obviously worried. Seulgi looked up and saw Jaebum. 'Hey!' he shouted.

Seulgi's eyes were barely open but she could see Jaebum trying to help her stand straight. Then, Jaebum suddenly let go of Seulgi's wrist and Seulgi fell back. And after that was blank. 

. . . . . . . . . . 

__________

'Did you hear that the dancing student, Kang Seulgi, was hit by a car?'

'Yeah! Is she still alive?'

'She is! Damn, I feel bad for her.'

'Jaebum was there and trying to help her but he let go! Why did he do that?'

'Who knows? Maybe he hates Seulgi for replacing him?'

'The ? That's it?'

Laughter and then the voices disappeared. Jongin was frozen in the hall. He spotted a black haired boy across the hall. Jaebum. 'Jaebum!' Jongin shouted. Jaebum looked up and spotted Jongin. The crowd murmured and made a path. Jongin and Jaebum stared at each other. 'Meet me. After class,' Jongin told Jaebum. Jaebum scoffed and the two boys parted ways. The crowd started whispering and everybody was late for classes that day.

Later that day, after school was over, Jongin was waiting for Jaebum patiently in an empty class. Jaebum rolled his eyes and walked in the classroom. 'Jaebum... why?' Jongin asked. The question that was on his mind all day. Jaebum raised an eyebrow.

'What are you talking about?'

Jongin clenched his fists. He then punched Jaebum in the face and Jaebum stumbled back. 'Ow! Why are you punching me?!' Jaebum asked. Jongin was taken aback. Jaebum was confused and.... Jongin shook his head. He let go of Kang Seulgi's hand! Jongin stepped forward towards Jaebum to scare him, but Jaebum stood still. 'Can you not? I don't even know why I'm here!' Jaebum exclaimed. Jongin was stunned.

He seemed so genuinely confused! Jongin clenched his fists and left the classroom. He was confused himself. Why was Jaebum so confused? How could he not know why Jongin told him to come over?

Jongin bumped into someone in the hallway and quickly looked to see who it was. It was Jackson Wang. He was apart of Jaebum's crew. He was funny but he's really strong. He's just really dumb. Jongin raised an eyebrow. 'Why are you still here?' Jongin asked. Jackson chuckled.

'My leader is in trouble.' That's when Jongin realizes that Jackson's talking about Jaebum.

'Hey!' Jongin exclaimed before Jackson could run off. Jackson looked at Jongin. 'Do you know why Jaebum's acting weird? He's acting like he doesn't know that he almost killed Kang Seulgi.' Jongin knew that this was his chance to ask. Jackson frowned and sighed. 

'You really want to know?' Jackson asked. Jongin nodded desperately. Jackson stayed silent then he closed his eyes and sighed.

'Jaebum has alzheimer's.'

(What did I even do?! I feel like it suddenly took a dark turn! Don't worry guys, it'll be happy sooner. Lol, be hopeful. Happy new year! It's January 1st now! :])