-3-

Commoner

Seulgi was walking on a sidewalk along a street watching Red Velvet perform "Really Bad Boy." Wendy was with her like always but she needed to use the restroom because she needed to take a number 2. 'Wait for me, okay?' Wendy asked, who was trying to hold in her droppings. Seulgi laughed and motioned for Wendy to go ahead and use the bathroom. 

Suddenly, as the chorus of "Really Bad Boy" was coming up, loud music from a festival or event started blasting and Seulgi gasped. Her ears were very sensitive to loud sounds besides when she's listening to Red Velvet. 'Jeez, they're really--'

She heard a whistle and then, 'He's a really bad boy, he's a really bad boy~!'

Seulgi froze. Was that Red Velvet that she was hearing? Seulgi quickly put her phone in her pocket and immediately ran to where the event was, which wasn't far. There was a crowd gathering around some girls, who were NOT Red Velvet, who were dancing TO Red Velvet. 'That's my girlfriend right there!' a handsome boy shouted. Seulgi recognized him as Im Jaebum. Seulgi cringed when he pushed her and jumped and waved with his phone in his right hand, recording the dance cover. Seulgi was quite impressed by the girls, whoever they were, and almost wanted to jump right in.

Suddenly, she tripped and she saw Jaebum fall on top of her. 'Oh ! I'm sorry-- Oh! Miss Kang Seulgi, right?' Jaebum said, pointing to her and smiling. Seulgi smiled back and bowed. 

She then laughed and rubbed the back of her head. 'Yeah. Nice to meet you Jaebum-sunbaenim.' Jaebum has been dancing longer than she has, well, only for a year though. The funny thing is, Jaebum barely attends class so that makes Seulgi better at dancing then he is.  Jaebum then leaned in and smirked.

'Maybe we can have a dance battle,' he whispered mischeiviously. Seulgi gulped and shook her head with a nervous smile.

'I don't think that's a very good idea...,' Seulgi muttered to Jaebum but he didn't hear her over the loud music, plus, he was distracted. 

'Hey--' Before Jaebum could announce his idea, Seulgi had grabbed his wrist and pulled him close to her and covered his mouth with her left hand. Jaebum's voice was muffled, as he was trying to say something, but Seulgi took him out of the crowd and released her grip on him when they were quite far from the event. Jaebum was panting and he rubbed his eyes.

He then chuckled. 'How about we have one right here?' he asked Seulgi with an evil smirk. Seulgi raised an eyebrow. Jaebum was wearing a black sweater and he ed it and threw it over his shoulders. Jaebum was wearing a nice, buttoned up white shirt with black work pants and shiny dress shoes. Seulgi scratched her head. She wasn't much of a fighter but she does have strong kicks and punches.

Seulgi's eyes then widened. 6 other boys came behind Jaebum. Jaebum was in a gang.... and he was the leader of the gang. 'So... is this a gang or a dance crew?' Seulgi asked jokingly and serious at the same time. Jaebum chuckled and then he ran towards Seulgi. Seulgi squeaked and screamed. She dodged the punch and stumbled. Her phone was ringing and when Seulgi checked it, it was Wendy. Jaebum delivered a punch and Seulgi blocked it with her iPhone. Seulgi threw the broken phone in the air and ran for her life.

Then Jaebum stopped. Seulgi stopped running and watched Jaebum wipe his sweat. 'Alright crew, I'm pumped up!' Jaebum exclaimed, stretching his muscly men arms. Seulgi squinted her eyes. Jaebum then gestured for the boys to walk in closer. A crew member whispered something to Jaebum.

'Red Velvet dance battle?' Jaebum suggested. Seulgi gasped.

'You wouldn't dare.'

'Oh yes he will,' said a voice. Seulgi and Jaebum turned to look at Wendy with an angry face. 'Wreck her, Jaebum!' Wendy shouted, mad at Seulgi for leaving and ditching her for an event/dance battle. Jaebum smirked.

'Seems like even your friend's on my side.' Seulgi smirked back at him.

'We'll see about that.' The contestants, Jaebum's crew, and Wendy all walked to the event and announced their dance battle. 

'Cheer for whoever you think will win!' Jaebum shouted and the crowd cheered. There was no music and suddenly, "Red Flavor" started playing. Seulgi was sweating. Nobody other than her parents, other relatives, and close friends know that she's obsessed with Red Velvet. Jaebum smirked and started doing the dance. Seulgi frowned deeply and started doing the same.

Jaebum was cheered for and was extremely confident while Seulgi was hesitant and unsure. She stumbled a lot and made a lot of mistakes during the dance while Jaebum smiled brightly and danced flawlessly. Seulgi was surprised. Had he been practicing out of class?

'I had been practicing hiphop out of classes and when I do attend classes, I practice pop,' Jaebum shouted to Seulgi, as if he could read her thoughts. Seulgi clenched her fists and started dancing more passionately and fiercer. Jaebum made a mistake when he spotted her. The crowd then switched to cheering for Seulgi. "Red Flavor" was replaced by "Dumb Dumb." Seulgi smirked. Her "bop" was on.

She started doing the s in "Dumb Dumb's" dance. Jaebum stopped dancing and then he smiled softly and raised his hand. 'I give up,' he announced with a satisfied expression on his face. Seulgi stopped dancing and stared at him in shock. Jaebum laughed brightly and looked at Seulgi. 'Nice moves there, Miss Kang,' he complimented, causing his fangirls to growl and insult Seulgi. Seulgi looked at then in shock and shrugged. They're just crazy fangirls.

'Seulgi, don't you dare think like a hypocrite in your head!' shouted Wendy from somewhere and Seulgi chuckled. Wendy knew her too well. Jaebum handed her $100 for "winning" the dance battle and Seulgi thanked him. 

'Don't thank me. Thank yourself, Miss Kang. You practiced well,' Jaebum said with a smile. Seulgi smiled back and they stared at each other for a while. 'Well, I gotta go. Bye.' Jaebum left Seulgi alone. Wendy eventually found her but she said that she had to go buy groceries for her other friends. Seulgi wondered why and asked and Wendy said that they were watching movies together.

'Sorry... I mean, you can come if you want but they really want it to only be me,' Wendy apologized. Seulgi shook her head and said that it was okay. Wendy then left Seulgi alone on the sidewalk and Seulgi shrugged. Maybe she can walk around Seoul..... for like, the 12th time. Seulgi scratched her head and started walking towards another event. She heard that K-Pop idols were going to be invited so she decided to check it out. Seulgi reached the event in a few minutes and she heard Red Velvet music again.

'Everybody loves Red Velvet here...' Seulgi thought. 'BAE JOOHYUN!' she heard a fanboy screamed at literally the top of his lungs. He was jumping, cheering, waving, screaming, and sweating while holding his phone in his left hand. Seulgi scruched her face in disgust and turned to the stage and spotted the real Red Velvet on stage, performing "Really Bad Boy." Seulgi sighed.

She loves Red Velvet but she listened to them for so long that she basically felt immune to their music now. She smiled at the sight of her idol, Bae Joohyun, though. Seulgi is actually wearing a shirt that legit says: Red Velvet! ♥. Seulgi was daydreaming and watching the performance until it ended and another K-pop group came in. This time, it was GOT7, performing "Look." Seulgi shrugged. Sure, they were attractive, but she wasn't into them.

Seulgi wasn't really into boy groups. And as for girl groups? Miss A, TWICE, Oh My Girl, Wonder Girls, Dreamcatcher and so many more. Though, Seulgi personally loves 2NE1, she hasn't listened to them for a long time. Red Velvet is her all time favorite though. 

'Oh, Miss Kang?' said a voice behind her. Seulgi froze and turned around and spotted Irene. Red Velvet was exiting for a variety show and tthe crowd spotted them and Reveluvs gathered around them and started being crazy and screaming and taking pictures. Irene bowed and smiled at the crowd and Seulgi didn't get a chance to chat with her.

'Oh my gosh! It's Kang Seulgi, the savior of Irene at their latest concert!' a stranger shouted. The attention was now diverted to her and Seulgi froze. She had never been so famous and she smiled awkwardly and waved. She doesn't even have a manager or anything....

'Hey, she feels uncomfortable, can't you see?' said a voice. Seulgi then spotted another familiar face, Kim Jongin. It was him again. 'I think you should stop because.... because I'm her boyfriend and I don't think you should go crazy over her like that,' said Jongin firmly. He grabbed Seulgi's hand and smiled at her. Seulgi raised an eyebrow. Was he serious....?

The crowd murmured and apologized and they eventually started to leave. Seulgi was confused. Why was Jongin claiming to be her boyfriend..? Unless he likes her.... 'Don't get me wrong, I don't like you or anything... i-it's just cause you're famous and I want to be your manager so...' Jongin smiled again. Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows. Like was this dude serious or what? He just stuttered in front of her.....

'Oh, Miss Kang Seulgi!' yelled Irene. Seulgi turned around quickly and smiled brightly when she spotted Irene. Her change of expression was confusing to Jongin. Irene smiled back at her. ' Right, um, I never really got to give you a gift for saving me and....,' Irene looked at Jongin, 'who is this?' Seulgi turned to Jongin and contemplated whether she should answer "my boyfriend" or "my friend" to her.

'Um... he's my--'

'I'm her boyfriend, um, Miss Irene. Are you really the goddess of Red Velvet? I can't believe you know Seulgi! I'm Kim Jongin and--'

'Right...,' Seulgi said, bored. Irene looked uncomfortable though.

'Oh. I see. Well, I wouldn't want to ruin your date so...'

'Miss Irene! OH MY GOSH, I'M A BIG FAN CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR AUTOGRAPH?!' Jongin asked before Irene left. Irene turned around and nodded and she signed Jongin's iPhone case since there was nothing to sign other than his completely white phone case. Irene then looked at Seulgi. Seulgi smiled awkwardly at her.

'Can we exchange phone numbers?' Irene asked, pulling out her phone as the trio can hear Irene's manager calling for her. Seulgi reached for her phone but she realized that Jaebum had punched her phone and Seulgi shook her head. Irene frowned and Seulgi didn't think that it was a good look on her gorgeous face.

'Um, a friend broke it.' Irene raised an eyebrow and she wrote her phone number on a ripped piece of paper in her pocket. Seulgi wondered why she even had a ripped piece of paper in her pocket... 

'Call me,' Irene said firmly, as if there was no choice. Seulgi was confused. Jongin was so happy to meet an idol, especially Bae Irene, the nation's wife/girlfriend. 

'Seulgi, I didn't know that you were friends with--'

'I'm not. I just saved her life, that's all,' Seulgi responded quickly. She knew that she basically meant nothing to Irene since she was just a fan. Well, of course a fan means something but not that important... well... she did save Irene's life so she must mean more, right? Seulgi groaned. She was thinking way too much. No one like Irene would like hanging out with Seulgi. Jongin waved a hand in front of Seulgi's face.

'Seulgi--'

'Please use honorifics.'

'What? But we're dating.'

'No we're not-- wait what?'

'I said that I'm your boyfriend.'

'No you didn't! We are not dating!'

Jongin smirked. 'But I said that we are so we are,' Jongin replied with a cocky smirk. Seulgi groaned. She's now dating a boy that she doesn't even like. Plus, she barely knows him and he barely knows her.

Jongin suddenly remember when Seulgi smiled brightly when she spotted Irene. 'Why were you so happy to see Irene but you weren't happy to see me?' Jongin asked Seulgi. Seulgi rolled her eyes. 

'Irene is an idol and I like Red Velvet?' Seulgi answered, but it sounded more like a question. Jongin started to interrogate Seulgi.

'What about male idols? Who's your favorite idol and group?'

'Um, I like..,' Seulgi thought about it for a moment. Jongin's lips started to curve upwards until she answered, 'EXO. And my bias is Kai.' Jongin smirked and put his hands in his pockets. Jongin was coincidentally wearing a nice, buttoned up white shirt and black pants, just like Jaebum. Suddenly, Seulgi realized something. 'Wait a second, Kai looks like you...'

Jongin's eyes widened and he avoided Seulgi's gaze. Seulgi raised an eyebrow. She started to piece together the puzzle. 'And Kai's real name is Kim Jongin and he's a really good dancer... He's also very handsome and...' Seulgi's eyes also widen.

'You're--'

'Yes, Seulgi. I am EXO's Kai,' Jongin finished for her and smiled. Seulgi twitched. She can't believe that she said that her favorite group was EXO and that her bias was Kai. 

'W-wait, how come nobody else notices?' Seulgi asks. Jongin chuckles.

'Seulgi, you sure are slow. Everybody knows except for you, dummy,' he answered as if they were really dating with mutual feelings. Seulgi frowned.

'Don't act like we're really dating and don't act as if I like you,' Seulgi said seriously. Jongin smiled. The two started walking on the sidewalk at 5 PM to Seulgi's house. Jongin laughed loudly and faked wiping a tear.

'Don't act like you don't like me.'

Seulgi rolled her eyes. 'I don't.' Jongin then pinned Seulgi to a wall. Seulgi's face turned red and people murmured. 'J-Jongin, stop! You're going t-to have a scandal!' Seulgi whispered to Jongin, who just stared at Seulgi and shrugged.

He then backed away and laughed. 'Sorry.' Seulgi groaned. She didn't even like him!!!

__________

Irene was silent during the car ride. Her members were worried and asked her if she was okay, and Irene said she was, but she really wasn't. Was that man with Seulgi really her boyfriend? Was her phone being broken just an excuse to make out with her boyfriend or something? Irene's heart ached at this thought but she didn't dare express it.

When she spotted Seulgi during her performance, she really wanted to chat with her. Unfortunately, the crowd spotted her and she had to leave. Irene stared outside with a blank face. Her phone started ringing and her members and manager were startled.

'Miss Bae, I thought I informed you that your phone should be turned off at all times, even if it's the CEO!' Donghae scolded but Irene didn't listen. Irene saw that it was a random number and furrowed her eyebrows. Who was this? Irene declined the call and turned her ringer off and secretly started texting the random number.

Irene: Who is this?

XXX-XXX-XXXX: Kang Seulgi. You remember me, right?

Irene's face lit up and the members were confused. Why was she so happy now? Irene started tapping onto her phone and the members asked why she was so happy. 'Oh.. well, I just saw that our fans started selling some Red Velvet merch and... haha...,' Irene replied nervously, hoping that she wasn't caught.

'Right...'

Irene flashed the "I'm fine" smile and started texting Seulgi.

Irene changed XXX-XXX-XXXX's name to Seulgi

Seulgi: Ah, how do you really know it's me though?

Irene smiled secretly and immediately erased it off her face.

Irene: Just a gut feeling.

Seulgi: ♥

Irene froze. Did Seulgi really just send her a heart emoji?

Seulgi: Oops, sorry! I meant: ☻

Irene calmed down, but she feels disappointed.

Seulgi: Unless you want me to send you a heart everyday!

Seulgi: Irene?

Seulgi: Irene?? Are you there?!?!?!

Irene realized that she had stopped texting and immediately replied.

Irene: Oh yeah, I would like that! :)

Seulgi: Wheeww! Irene! I thought you disappeared or died or something!

Irene: Haha, I have extra security, Seulgi. Don't worry.

Seulgi: Irene, I gotta go. See you.. um... on the street? IDK.

Irene was sad again. It was weird that Seulgi had to say goodbye but she knew that Seulgi was a human being and had issues too. But Seulgi always distracts her from being an idol and makes Irene feel like she's just a commoner.... on the street with incredibly deadly looks. 

Irene doesn't regret being an idol but she does regret giving up freedom. People are just so crazy about her, but Irene feels different towards Seulgi. Irene actually holds a special place in her heart for Seulgi, which is weird because she barely knows Seulgi. Seulgi just makes heer heart flutter and makes Irene have butterflies in her stomach. Seulgi's monolid eyes staring right into Irene's and her contagious eye smile makes Irene feel like they're the only people in the world. 

Irene flinched when she was shaken by another member. Irene's face turned red from thinking about Seulgi. What was she thinking? It's not like Seulgi really likes her on that level, does she? Maybe as a fan but as a lover? She's probably just hoping for more.... plus, she's an idol! It would be impossible...

Or so she thought.

(Cute. :) Very cute. :) I guess I will update this for a while and then I'll update Idol and it'll go back and forth. And maybe some stories from Wattpad but maybe not?? Dunno. THX for support BTW.)