-1-

Commoner

Seulgi tapped the keys on her laptop, yawning. 9:48 PM, tired, and homework still not finished. Her mom had a fever so Seulgi had to stay home and watch over her. Honestly, she finds it annoying to watch over someone who has a husband who can watch over her instead.

'Seulgi darling? Can I get a cup of water?' her mother shouted from the living room. Seulgi groaned and got up from her chair in her room. She walked to the kitchen and grabbed an empty cup from a cabinet and filled it with water. She then jogged to the living room and handed it to her sick mom and she thanked Seulgi. Seulgi smiled and bowed and rushed to her room. She couldn't miss the music festival.

'And the next performance is Red Velvet!' the MC shouted. Seulgi squealed and grabbed the bag of chips next to her on her desk. Seulgi's eyes sparkled when she saw her bias, Bae Joohyun, or known as Irene. 

She's beautiful tonight! Seulgi thought, daydreaming about meeting her someday. Just as Red Velvet was finishing their dance intro, the doorbell was heard and Seulgi groaned once more. Seulgi quickly got out of her chair and ran to the door. Her dad was there holding groceries. Seulgi, being the good-natured girl she was, helped her dad. Even though she loved Red Velvet, family was first. Plus, Irene doesn't even know her.

'Thank you Seulgi honey,' her dad thanked. Seulgi smiled warmly and bowed. 

Seulgi then hurried and turned back to go watch the performance but her dad stopped her. Seulgi was irritated but her dad worked hard for this life and for this money so she listened to him. 'I hope you're healthy. I know that you love that idol group...,' her dad started. He then gave Seulgi a ticket. Seulgi's eyes widened.

'Y-you mean?!' 

'Yes Seulgi honey. I had enough money to buy a ticket to one of your idol's concerts.'

Seulgi's eyes watered. 'Dad. You didn't have to. You know I'm still that rebellious bad kid from high school.'

Seulgi's dad smiled weakly. 'I know. That's why I bought it for you.'

The ticket in Seulgi's hand felt like a dream. Seulgi held the ticket tightly, feeling like the ticket might fly away. 'Thanks dad. Seriously.' Seulgi's dad smiled and shook his head. He then walked to the living room to sit down with Seulgi's mother.

Seulgi squealed and ran to her room, extremely excited for the upcoming concert and thankful for her father. This was going to be the best day of her life!! Seulgi looked at her laptop screen. The song was over and the camera zoomed in on Irene, causing Seulgi's heart to beat real fast. 'I'm going to finally meet you, Irene.' Seulgi's lips curved upright.

'Just you wait.'

__________

Seulgi squealed loudly. Her best friend, Wendy, was suffering. 'Oh my gosh, Seulgi. Please chill...,' Wendy said, extremely irritated of Seulgi right now. Seulgi blushed slightly and sat down.

'Sorry,' Seulgi apologized and laughed awkwardly. She was rubbing her nape. Wendy chuckled. 

'Anyways, I know that you hate vegetables so...,' Wendy took out a sandwich from her lunch bag, 'here.' Seulgi smiled and gladly accepted the free sandwich. Wendy was rich. Actually, really rich. Daughter of the CEO of SM Entertainment, the company that Irene was in. 

'Thanks Wendy. Honestly, how would I survive with your rich ?' Seulgi asked. Wendy choked on her sandwich.

'What the , Seulgi?!' Wendy asked, extremely shocked. Seulgi laughed and patted Wendy's back. Wendy wiped and checked her expensive watch. It was currently 1:30 PM. 'We should get going," Wendy announced, taking her lunch bag. Seulgi nodded and stuffed the sandwich in . Wendy looked away at the disgusting sight. She hates this kind of stuff.

Seulgi gulped the sandwich down and the two start making their way to their next class, Music. Seulgi was excited. Despite being an incredible singer and an astonishing dancer herself, she still puts herself below her idol, Irene. Wendy rolls her eyes.

'Honestly Seulgi, if you keep up the good work, you might be better than Irene,' Wendy told Seulgi, who meant it to be a compliment. But Seulgi was extremely shocked and offended.

'Wendy, honestly. Nobody can be better than Irene!' Seulgi exclaimed. Wendy's eyes widened and motioned for Seulgi to just chillax. Seulgi rubbed her head awkwardly and apologized for it. The two arrived at Music class just in time. The top students and the worst students were immediately separated. The best students with the best vocal ability were separated on the right of the room while the rest weree on the left.

'Alright, you two, to the right,' the teacher told Seulgi and Wendy, pointing to the talented students' side. Seulgi was nervous. Seulgi was not a very popular student. Sure, she was good at singing and dancing and was extremely pretty (which she disagreed) but she wasn't very friendly or anything. Actually, Seulgi is easily irritated and has an anger issue.

Though, when someone mentions Irene, Seulgi would do anything. 'A-alright....,' Seulgi said, gulping. Wendy nudged Seulgi and Seulgi looked at the popular kids. Seulgi shook her head.

'No way am I going with them!' Seulgi exclaimed, her palms very sweaty. Wendy rolled her eyes.

'Well, they expect me. And I'm not leaving you so...' Seulgi frowned cartoonishly as Wendy dragged her towards the popular kids. 

'Hey!' Wendy exclaimed, showing a cheerful and friendly side of herself. Seulgi gulped and decided to act like her. 

'Oh, hey Wendy! Didn't see you there. Oh, is this the Kang Seulgi?' a student asked. Wendy nodded and introduced the popular kids to Seulgi and vice versa. A male student came up to her and checked her out.

'Hey! She ain't half bad!" he said. That made Wendy furious and Seulgi embarrassed. Wendy smacked the student and he chuckled. Wendy and him laughed together.

'Seulgi, this is Jongin. He's a dork and he's an extremely good dancer. He has good singing ability too!' Wendy said. Seulgi smiled and bowed towards him. He smiled and politely bowed towards her, too. And a few minutes later, the teacher finally assigned the lesson.

It was just a fun and friendly competition, but it turned serious when the talented kids started to do awesome tricks. The students without skill were overwhelmed and they lost at the end. Though, the winners don't receive a prize since it was just for fun. 'It was fun!' Jongin told the students without skill. The girls all fawned over him and he flashed his charming smile at them. They all squealed and Seulgi scrunched up her face in disgust.

'Ew, why is he doing that?' Seulgi asked. Wendy's eyes widened and she nearly choked and spit out her water. She then slapped Seulgi on the arm. 'Ouch! What was that for?' Seulgi asked. Wendy rolled her eyes.

'You know, that's exactly what Irene does and you do the same reaction!' Wendy exclaimed, surprised at Seulgi being a hypocrite. Seulgi's eyes widened and she pretended to gag and vomit.

'Seriously...?' Seulgi said, seriously surprised. Wendy laughed. Suddenly, Seulgi stood up straight and looked at Wendy. Wendy was confused and squinted her eyes at the sight. Was this really Seulgi that was dumb just a second ago?

'U-um Wendy? I was just wondering if you could drop me off at the concert....,' Seulgi said, fidgeting with her fingers. Wendy folded her arms and raised an eyebrow. Seulgi looked at Wendy's reaction and flashed her awkward smile. Wendy smiled back at her.

'Of course.'

__________

'I'm so excited!' Seulgi screamed 2 hours before the concert. The concert hall was 30 minutes and Seulgi was wearing her Irene merch. Actually, considering how poor Seulgi was, she was wearing a shirt with Irene's name on it: Bae Joohyun! ♥. Wendy mentally face palmed herself.

'Okay okay. We should get going--'

'Look!' Seulgi exclaimed. She had a Red Velvet lightstick and a banner too. Wendy's jaw opened. This girl was crazy about Red Velvet. Jeez! Wendy had never met anyone so crazy over an idol group. 

'OKAY SEULGI! WE SHOULD GET GOING NOW!' Wendy shouted, not wanting her friend to be late for the concert. Seulgi was startled but nodded and carried her lightstick with her, leaving her banner. Wendy and Seulgi ran to Wendy's car.

'Mom, dad, I'll be back!' Seulgi shouted. 

'Get back home safely!' her dad replied.

'I will!'

Wendy and Seulgi hurried to Wendy's car and then Wendy ordered her driver to drive to the concert hall. Seulgi was excited. 'I'm finally meeting my idol!' Seulgi exclaimed. She couldn't contain herself. Fortunately, Wendy was able to contain her. 

'Alright, alright...,' Wendy muttered, irritated.

'I can't believe I agreed to drive you there...,' Wendy mumbled. Seulgi then stopped and grabbed her phone to text her dad. Wendy leaned in close to Seulgi to check what and who she was texting to.

'Oh? Your dad's going to pick you up?' Wendy asked. Seulgi looked at Wendy and nodded. 

After 31 minutes, the best friends arrived at the concert hall. Wendy and Seulgi exchanged waves and Seulgi ran to the concert hall. Wendy watched her and when she lost of Seulgi, she ordered the driver to drive off. 'Hope you're safe...,' Wendy muttered, not wanting her best friend to get hurt in any way.

Meanwhile, Seulgi had already scanned her ticket and bought merch. She then realized that she was standing. Seulgi nearly cried right there. Her father had probably bought the ticket the second it was avaliable. Seulgi held back her tears and was very thankful for her father. After another 30 minutes of preparing for the concert, Seulgi decided to go to her spot but she heard something that caught her attention.

'After Irene comes out, we'll snatch her and run off,' a husky voice said. It sounded like it belonged to a man. 

'Good idea!' another voice replied, but it was light and cartoonish. Both voices sounded like men. Seulgi's eyes widened as she saw the two men walk out in plain sight when they didn't spot anyone else in the dining area.

A man took off his mask and fanned his face with it. He had extremely big muscles and arms. On the other hand, the other man was extremely scrawny and always shivered. He took off his mask and he didn't even look sweaty. The two contrasted but were partners in crime. Seulgi gasped softly. The big, bulky man walked towards a vent in the celing and pulled a table towards the vent.

He then pulled the table under the vent and he stepped on the table. He punched the vent open and entered the vent. The scrawny man did the same thing and Seulgi realized that Irene was in danger. Her Irene.