two

robbed

Yena struggles a little with opening her door, but they make it.

 

She heads towards her room and gently places Yuri on the bed.

 

Okay, this is not good.

 

Her heart breaks a little more looking at the cuts and bruises littering the smaller girl’s body.

 

She leaves the room and comes back with first-aid supplies and some water. Yena rummages through her closet for something comfortable for Yuri to wear; she realizes that her clothes will fit pretty loosely, but Yena somehow, despite the situation, finds it cute. She returns to the bed with a pair of black shorts and a red t-shirt.

 

Yena fidgets nervously at the prospect of undressing Yuri and patching her up while she was sleeping, but she decided that she was being silly and needed to hurry up and help her.

 

After she finished cleaning up the girl as best as she could, she sat down on the floor with her back against the bed.

 

I’ll just sleep here just in case she needs anything.

 

Yena drifts off to sleep but not before taking one last look at the slumbering girl on her bed.

 

Cute. Why would anyone want to hurt her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yuri woke up with a start. Something was off. She couldn’t remember the last time she woke up this comfortable, this warm, this sheltered.

 

She was either 1) dreaming or 2) dead.

 

She glanced around the room and down at herself, racking her brain for possible explanations.

 

“Okay, I was putting things away in the back, and then…”

 

She winces as she remembered being cornered.

 

Again.

 

She looks around some more while she thinks, and finally, her gaze rests on the top of Yena’s head leaning against the bed.

 

“Ah!” Yuri exclaims softly as she recalls the other day. She blushes slightly as she realizes what happened and how she probably came to be wearing these clothes and why her wounds were cleaned.

 

Embarrassing.

 

She carefully steps off the bed and kneels in front of Yena’s sleeping form.

 

Choi Yena?

 

Just as Yuri’s mind starts to work a little better, Yena’s eyes open, staring right at Yuri.

 

Yuri falls backwards with a start, blinking rapidly as Yena holds their gaze.

 

They stay like that for a few more seconds until Yena’s eyes drift downwards toward the bandage wrapped around Yuri’s right knee. It looked like it needed to be changed.

 

Yena looked back up at Yuri, who was still looking at her, and very gently, very carefully, grasped her wrist, tugging her forward slightly so Yuri would follow and sit on the bed.

 

Yuri followed the pull. She sat on the bed and looked down at the top of Yena’s head as she sat with her legs crossed on the floor in front of Yuri. Yuri, not used to the kindness she was being shown, didn’t know what to do or say as Yena began changing the bandage on the leg.

 

She just sat there with her head down, fiddling with her fingers.

 

As Yena was finishing up, Yuri finally managed to muster up a very soft, “Thank you.”

 

Yena looked up at the girl, finding her head down with her bangs covering her face.

 

Yena looks at her for a second before positioning herself a little closer, tilting her head upwards so she could look straight into Yuri’s shocked eyes.

 

Yena shrugs and offers a soft smile.

 

“No problem.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri has her back against the headboard, looking around Yena’s room as she sits in her bed. After she changed her bandage, Yena had ordered her to get under the covers and wait while she gets something.

 

Yuri’s eyes land on different photos of Yena with her friends and family.

 

Cute.

 

She smiles a little.

 

“Okay! I’m back!” Yena says as she pops her head through the doorway before bringing in the rest of her body.

 

Yena approaches Yuri with a bowl in her hand.

 

“Soup!” Yena grins proudly as she holds the bowl forward.

 

Once again, Yuri can do nothing but stare at Yena. This time, however, she does try to stammer out a response.

 

“Ah--no that’s too much too ask for I-- you’ve already done a lot for me I c-can’t just-,”

 

Yuri’s eyes widen and her face heats up as she feels Yena’s finger pressing against her lips, effectively shutting her up.

 

Yena smiles softly before she removes her finger.

 

Yuri shyly looks away as Yena carefully climbs onto the bed next to her.

 

Yuri stares at her, confused, as Yena spoons out some soup and blows on it before moving it in front of Yuri’s lips.

 

“Ah,” Yena says.

 

“I can feed myself, you know,” Yuri states quietly.

 

Yena shakes her head while maintaining eye contact, insisting that she shouldn’t exert herself when she didn’t have to.

 

Exerting myself over spooning soup into my mouth? She muses with a hint of amusement.

 

She exhales a little through her nose before opening and averting her gaze again. Yena promptly inserts the spoon into and does so until Yuri finishes all the soup.

 

Yena takes a napkin and wipes off some soup that dribbled down Yuri’s chin--

 

--Yeah, Yena didn’t know exactly what she was doing either, but she went with it.

 

Truth be told, Yena did enjoy how shy and red Yuri got.

 

She handed Yuri some water (letting her drink herself this time) and hopped off the bed, taking the dishes to the kitchen.

 

When she got back, Yuri was out of bed and gathering her things.

 

“What are you doing?” She asked as she stuck her head next to Yuri’s shoulder.

 

“Huh? I’m getting my things,” Yuri says as she finishes getting her stuff.

 

“Stay for a while; you shouldn’t be going out at-,”

 

She looks at the clock.

 

“-1:00 on a Saturday…” she finishes up sheepishly while rubbing her neck.

 

Yuri is about to retort but Yena interrupts with, “Let’s watch a movie.”

 

Once again, did Yena have any idea what she was doing or why? Nope. But she felt like she wanted to--needed to--protect this girl, keep her eye on her. Plus, she finds that she enjoys Yuri’s company, as shy and quiet as she was.

 

And so, she leaves no room for argument and tugs Yuri once more towards the bed and plops down in bed next to her, turning on the TV across her bed and flipping through movies.

 

She puts a random one on and settles in next to Yuri who seems to have lost some of her stiffness.

 

Yena accidentally falls asleep in the middle, but not before she casts a few glances at Yuri who seems to be thoroughly enjoying the movie.

 

“Ah! No! Why would you do that?” Yuri mumbles at the TV as she grips the sheets.

 

Yena’s lips quirk up into a gentle smile before she drifts off to sleep.

 

When she wakes up, Yuri is gone.

 

Dang it.