eleven

robbed

“Yuri-ah, can you sing to me?” Yena asked suddenly.

 

The two were situated in Yena’s bed with Yuri cuddled up into Yena’s chest. Neither of the two had been speaking or trying to sleep, really. They just laid there, listening to each other breathe, feeling the gentle rise and fall of their chests. It was the middle of the night, yet neither wanted to succumb to sleep and let go of this comforting reality.

 

Yena felt the younger girl pull back a little bit to look up at her curiously.

 

“Why so suddenly?” She asked with a hint of amusement in her voice.

 

Yena buried her face into Yuri’s hair, mumbling, “Because I like it.”

 

She felt Yuri’s laugh against her neck. Who was she to refuse such a request?

 

“Okay, okay, don’t cry,” Yuri teases softly. She inhales slowly with a content smile on her face, lacing her fingers through Yena’s. She presses closer to Yena’s beating heart, finding the beautiful tones hidden in every beat.

 

As Yuri began to sing, Yena closed her eyes.

 

“When things were so hard that I was tired of living

When nothing was going my way

When I hadn’t even seen my family

And even I wasn’t important to myself

In this world, where one must have more

In order to continue with love

All of my life

You are all of my life

When I look at myself

I changed so much after meeting you

I began to have dreams

And I wanted to make your dreams come true too

In order to do that, I had to go up higher

I had to have more things

Just when I had everything

My dreams became bigger than love

 

All of my life, when I was struggling

You are all of my life, you filled me up

I tried filling myself up with other things

All of my life

You are all of my life

But I couldn’t be filled

 

That’s what we wanted and were so desperate for

Now my room is so filled up

But were you in there alone, without me

Crying?

 

All of my life, you’re my everything

What use is all of this?

If you’re listening to this song somewhere

All of my life

All of my life

Yes, this is about you”

 

As she drew out the last word, Yuri gave Yena’s hand a gentle squeeze. Her final note came to a close, her voice still ringing in Yena’s ears. Yuri could both feel and hear Yena’s heart beating a little bit faster. She moved away from her chest. When Yena finally opened her eyes, she found Yuri hovering over her, the look in her eyes saying it all. Enveloped in the soft glow of the moonlight, Yena could make out the smile, the happiness, the softness in her features. And yet, trailing down one cheek was a single tear, sparkling like a trove of diamonds. She felt it drip down onto her own cheek, streaking across pale skin.

 

Yena’s smile widened just a fraction. Everything they did was in hushed tones and movements, little whispers of existence as to not break the delicate atmosphere. It was all so natural, though, how they matched each other’s movements and emotions, creating a sort of dance. Yena brought up two fingers to her own lips, kissing them slightly before bringing them up to wipe away the wetness on Yuri’s cheek. She stared into Yuri’s eyes as her fingers met soft skin, holding the gaze as she saw and felt Yuri do the same to her.

 

It was as though the clock stopped ticking only for them, the entire world silent save for their gentle breathing and beating hearts. The moon served as a personal spotlight saved only for the two encased in their own stares and embraces.

 

The space between them trickling away, their breaths beginning to mix. All of the silence seemed to erupt in a fury of colors as their lips finally met. Their eyes were closed to the world around them, their senses focused only on the intimate touch between them both. It was as though they were speaking to each other through soft kisses; despite the raw emotion and intensity, there was still a precious layer of gentleness and love.

 

As they both pulled away, their eyes opened to the world once more yet only centering in on the other’s eyes. Flushed cheeks and heavy breaths coupled with shy, happy smiles as Yena brought up a hand to cradle Yuri’s cheek.

 

“Say, Yuri,” Yena whispers.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Would you like to accompany me on a date?” Yena finishes with a shy grin and hopeful eyes gleaming.

 

Yuri laughs as she lets herself fall onto Yena’s chest, Yena pulling the girl in close.

 

“I’ll think about it,” she mumbles in response.

 

Yena can practically see her teasing grin poking fun at her.

 

“Yuri!” Yena whines cutely, hugging Yuri even more tightly as she buries her blushing face into Yuri’s hair once more.

 

Yuri chuckles again as she brings her head up to kiss Yena’s cheek.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Yay!” Yena exclaims happily, showering Yuri with kisses all over her face.

 

“Hey!” Yuri giggles as she tries to push Yena away.

 

Now, she needed nothing more.

 

Yena had everything she needed and more.