..6

Baby To Work

[unedited] 


The meeting went well and Chanyeol was absolutely pleased, as well as the Japanese directors he will be working with.

They all ended with smiles on their faces and one of the directors had even invited Chanyeol, and Baekhyun, to join them for dinner.

With the warm welcoming expressions that the directors had on their faces, it was hard to say no. Still, Chanyeol wanted to make sure that his secretary was okay with it, knowing that they have baby to attend to.  Baekhyun nodded and insisted that it will be a good part of growing business, and had to make arrangements with Mrs Kim back at the hotel, informing her that they'll be back later.

The Japanese directors knew their way through the various japanese foods, all of them had brought Chanyeol and Baekhyun to their VIP room of a high-end Teppanyaki restaurant that they apparently like to go to once in a while. Personal room, they also had a personal chef. They gestured Chanyeol and Baekhyun to take a seat and make themselves comfortable. They also insisted that both of their meals will be on them.

Turning to exchange looks, Chanyeol couldn't help but to smile at Baekhyun and back at his business partners. Baekhyun had expected their good mood as a sign for them to bring in alcohol and of course, they did. Chanyeol gladly accepted the glasses served while Baekhyun politely rejected whenever he was offered to have at least a glass due to safety reasons that is incase the CEO  gets really drunk, and the fact that he has Naeun to take care of when they get back.

 

-

 

After the joyous dinner, Chanyeol and Baekhyun thanked them and Baekhyun called for their driver to pick them up after bidding the directors goodbye. Chanyeol was not really drunk, thankfully, but neither was he fully sober, the secretary could tell from the way he walked. He had to support Chanyeol all the way to their room to prevent him from tripping and had to ring the doorbell for Mrs Kim to come open it for them.

Immediately, Mrs Kim came to the door and bowed.

" Naeun's playing on the floor in front of the television " she then point out as both men went in. A smell that brushed past made her crinkle her nose slightly.

" Oh my, " she gasps slightly, after being able to distinguish the smell, " Alcohol? " she laughed as she closed the door and quickly walked after them.

Baekhyun helped him to the sofa and as the older sighed.

Baek smiled, nose crinkling when he hears his daughter calling to him. He turns and sees his baby girl sitting on the floor, surrounded by toys. She squealed at the sight of her father and stretched her arms at him. Baekhyun attended to Naeun and gave her a few light bounces.

Turning to Mrs Kim, he chuckled.

" He had a few drinks " Baekhyun said but Mrs Kim was rather convinced that he had more than just a few

Chanyeol chuckled, " I swear I'm not drunk, or at least I know that i'm not ". His words were rather slurry making Mrs Kim chuckle.

Baekhyun snorted, " Go shower and to freshen yourself up a little bit, otherwise you'd fall asleep, dead like a log on the couch till the next morning "

The CEO complains, " But I'm comfortable~ "

" Quickly ", Baekhyun nudges him.

Chanyeol groaned and carefully made his way to the bathroom.

Mrs Kim giggled which attracted Baekhyun's attention,

" How's Naeun today? " Looking back at his daughter in his arms, yawning and her eyes droopy.

" An angel, taking care of her is such a pleasure "

" That's great, I'm relieved to hear that "

Baekhyun glanced at the clock on the wall behind her and gasped, fifteen past eleven, " Oh gosh, I've never noticed how late it is already "

Mrs Kim immediately shook her head, " Oh no, that's okay! Fortunately, my apartment's near this area so getting home late isn't a problem  for me "

As much as, Baekhyun wanted her to stay for a chat but lateness had him to urge the hotel nanny to go home, thanking her and that he was looking forward to seeing her again tomorrow.

 

 

Baekhyun closed the door after seeing Mrs Kim off, wishing her good night and to get home safely.  Mrs Kim bid Naeun goodbye softly as she had already fallen asleep in his arms.

" Mrs Kim left already? "

Baekhyun turned around at the voice and immediately shyed at Chanyeol's sleeping attire, literally shirtless, only had a pair of sweatpants.

Baekhyun could've sworn his face was red, considering how hot his face was. That, however and fortunately, did not seem to be noticed by Chanyeol.

" Mm, It's already late and she'll be back tomorrow morning anyways ", Baekhyun says

Chanyeol nodded, exhaling as he combs his fingers through his hair, the alcohol's still doing its magic on him.

" And as for you Mr Park, it's time for you to go to sleep "

" And you too"

Baekhyun shook his head, " I have Naeun to tuck in bed. Also, I want to check up on work from earlier today and do my regular checks on emails. Maybe a little research for Naeun's playschool "

" Then I'll stay up with you and get some work done as well "

Baekhyun chuckled, " I don't think all that alcohol intake is doing you very well "

Side note, Chanyeol was actually pretty good drinker, but having his undefeatable work pile, he's never really got off any time to drink.

" And anyways, you should step away from your work a little bit and get somemore sleep while you're at it " Baek adds on.

" But you're doing all that alone " Chanyeol frowns.

He felt it was unfair to just leave his secretary to burn the midnight oil and do work on his own, although he has to admit that the alcohol wasn't putting his mind in shape, but still.

" I'll be fine, really and I'm used to it " Baekhyun even smiled confidently to reassure his boss.

Looking at his secretary's face, he sighed, " ..Alright, don't take too long and i want you to be in bed once you're done with everything "

" I got it, good night "

" You and Naeun too "

 

The secretary settled Naeun in the cot provided by the hotel and whispered ' sweet dreams ' against her forehead. Right after, he washed up and changed into his boxer shorts and oversized cotton shirt that he loves so much, switching on his laptop and started getting some work done.

The clock strucks at one and Baekhyun was finally done. He stretched and "cracked" his spine, shutting his laptop screen and made his way to drink a glass of water before heading to the master bedroom.

Quietly, Baekhyun gently got into the sheets and made himself comfortable, also making sure that there was a spacing between him and Chanyeol. He yawned and let his heavy lids shut.

His lids were heavy and he was indeed very tired but his mind was still running. A regular routine after having done his work. He sighed, turning to his right and sneaked his right hand under the pillow to place the other on top. He attempted to close his eyes and to breathe gently to try to soothe himself to sleep.

Suddenly, Chanyeol beside him groaned and rolled to his side, which then cause Baekhyun to open his eyes again. What Baekhyun didnt expect next was for Chanyeol to rolled to his side and unconsciously wrapped an arm around him, kind of like he was hugging a bolster.

At that point, Chanyeol was literally spooning Baekhyun and the latter didn't know what to do. His heart was pounding rapidly. He felt awkward considering the position they were in and the CEO and secretary kind of relationship they have. Anyone to have seen them like that would've been really taken aback as it looked intimate.

" Mr Park.. " Baekhyun softly squeaks but to no avail.

" Mr Park " Baekhyun again spoke softly but a little harsher, shaking a little bit to nudge the taller's arm off. Chanyeol only groaned and tightened his hold around him, snuggled slightly into Baekhyun's hair.

Baekhyun then remembered that the CEO have had drinks earlier on definitely caused Chanyeol to be sleeping like a dead log like how he is now. This meant that Baekhyun, and Chanyeol, would have to be stuck in their current position till sunrise. Baekhyun mentally smcked his forehead, thinking about how awkward it would be the next morning.

However, he was too tired to let his thoughts get ahead and with tiredness fogging up his mind even more, Baekhyun could not be bothered to let his thoughts to continue running and just let the fatigue overtake him. That night, Baekhyun had by far the comfiest sleep ever since he had starting sleeping alone.

 

 

" Pa...Appapa.. "

Babbling was heard and it stirred both Baekhyun and Chanyeol from their sleep. They both gradually opened their eyes and...

 

oh.

 

Baekhyun had ended up curling into the older's warm body while Chanyeol had an arm wrapped around the petite body securely. Their eyes grew to the size of saucers as they were taking a while to absorb what was happening and the position they were in, Baekhyun was the first to react by rolling like a ninja out of bed and lightly sprinting to Naeun.

Chanyeol let his eye wander for a moment and cleared his throat before he, too, rolled out of bed and made his way to the bathroom.

 

"Good morning" Chanyeol said as he was greeted by the sight of his secretary and his daughter in his arms, ling from the milk bottle.

Shyly, Baekhyun bowed slightly and returned a softer ' good morning '

" Let's go down to the main floor to get breakfast"

" Oh, okay I'll go freshen up " Baekhyun was quick to reply. He wanted to set Naeun on the couch but the smaller whined, clearly wanting to be carried.

" I'll carry her " Chanyeol offered.

Baekhyun nodded and gently hands Naeun over, who so welcomingly held onto Chanyeol.

 

 

Chanyeol had offered to take food for them so that the father could look after Naeun. Looking at the spread they had, Baekhyun had to laugh.

" Are you that hungry? "

" Yea " Chanyeol beamed cheekily, making Baekhyun shake his head at the older.

They dug into their foods, letting Naeun have small bites in between because she would whine for some. Chanyeol would even offer with his own fork.

" Did you sleep well? " Chanyeol asked. A decent question but caught Baekhyun off guard, considering what happened last night.

" Yea, I did. You? "

" Same here "

And the air fell into an awkward tension.

" Uhh.. about last night ", Chanyeol started, " What happened? "

Baekhyun chewed his bottom lips, " Well, I turned into bed and I was trying to fall asleep until you started making noises. Then all of a sudden you rolled to your side and well...yea... "

" You didn't try shrugging my arm off?"

" Of course i did " Baekhyun slightly pouts, " and i tried calling your name too but you only held...firmer...  "

Once again, the awkward atmosphere was back for a moment.

"W- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that " Chanyeol pursed his lips.

' It felt nice, I've slept well ' Baekhyun wanted to say genuinely but he felt it wasn't exactly right and appropriate to say it.

Hence, Baekhyun shook his head, " It's okay, I mean you were sort of tipsy anyways "

" Well, looks like no more drinking for me " Chanyeol nods and playfully puts on a sad face.

Baekhyun chuckled, shaking his head at his dramatic boss.

They finished all the food that they picked and headed back to the hotel to prepare for their day ahead.

 

 


 

This took too long and I truly am so, so sorry. Hectic months mentally and I was feeling really unmotivated. I was also sitting for my exams the past two weeks, and im just so glad that it is all over.

But that aside, thank you for reading and do leave me a comment !!

Thank you for waiting patiently, take care and I'll see you in the next chapter <3