..3

Baby To Work

" Here's your menu, just raise a hand when you're ready " , the waitress said with a smile and left to attend to other diners while allowing Chanyeol and Baekhyun to decide on their orders

" Just pick whatever you and Naeun would like to eat " Chanyeol says, " My treat "

" What? No, it's okay, I'll pay for mine and Naeun's meals " Baekhyun shook his head.

" Nah, c'mon, just this once "

" but- "

" C'mon, it's fine "

" I ca- "

" Secretary Byun. " Chanyeol cuts in once again. With that serious tone and the very stern look Chanyeol has on his face, Baekhyun bit his bottom lips. Given the situation, Chanyeol sure has ways to make things go his way. He looked down at his fiddling fingers, " Fine, but just this once "

" Good " , the frown relaxes into a smile

They took a good few minutes to decide on what they wanted to eat. Baekhyun took it very seriously though, he made sure whatever he wanted for himself and Naeun were reasonably priced.

Baekhyun puckered his lips as he thought and turned to his daughter,

" Naeun-ah, can you finish a plate of creamy spaghetti? "

Chanyeol laughed, " Why did you ask that? "

" Im just afraid that halfway, she can't finish it all but it's from the kids' meal section so im not too sure " Baek explained.

" Even then, I guess if there are any leftovers, we can take it on from there "

" Are you that hungry? " Baekhyun laughed, a little taken aback by what Chanyeol had said.

" Hahah, maybe? " , Chanyeol said, a hint of playfulness in his tone. "Are you ready to order? "

Baekhyun nodded with a hum and raised his hand.

The same waitress that brought them to their table came by, " Order? "

" A creamy spaghetti carbonara from the kids' menu and a spaghetti aglio e olio please "

" And one chicken lasagna for me too, please "

" Alright, anything else? " the waitress asks as she scribbles the orders.

" No, thank you " , Baekhyun said.

" Any drinks? " she prompt. " Or ice cream for the little one maybe? "

Baekhyun shook his head, " No its fine but we'll take cup of iced plain water each "

" Alright then, your orders will arrive shortly " She collected the menus and walked to send off the order list.

Their iced water came in a jar, immediately after she left , Baekhyun then asked the guy for a straw for Naeun.

" Im quite surprised that you letting Naeun take solid food now "

Baekhyun chuckled, " Couldn't help it, her milk formula is a must have but it looks so boring to have everyday so I decided to start her off with solid food when I felt that she's ready "

" So Naeun will be here for the next...? " ,Chanyeol served the iced water after the waiter came back with a straw.

 " Two days "

Chanyeol nodded, " It's been a year and I didn't know you even had a daughter "

Baekhyun looked at Naeun then at Chanyeol, " I delivered a few months before I started work "

" As my secretary? "

 Baekhyun nodded, " I came in after my confinement weeks, just in time that I saw you're in need of a secretary so went to filled the application form at the company's site since i did had some experience before. I received a call maybe a day after and went through the online interview then to my surprise, i got accepted another two weeks after. I was told that I am to start close to a month later  "

" I was a little hesitant when i first saw you " Chanyeol said with a laugh, " I don't know, I didn't think you could handle such a job, considering how busy being my secretary can be "

" Excuse me " Baek sassed, " I had almost two years of experience "

" Yeah, I've read about that from your application form entry, for whom did you work for? "

" Oh uh.. "

Just then their food had arrived," Chicken lasagna? "

Chanyeol raises his hand and that leaves the kids' meal to be Naeun's and the aglio olio to be Baekhyun's.

" Enjoy your meal " the waiter bowed.

 

After having to tell Naeun to be patient and fixing on her bib, they started digging in.

" You didn't get to answer my question "

" Hmm? "

Chanyeol shrugged, " I'm just curious, whom did you work for? "

" I.. "

a hesitant paused.

" You..? "

" I..I worked for my ex-boyfriend "

" What? "

Baekhyun didn't react to that. He just kept his attention to eating his pasta, he didn't say much.

An awkward silience before Chanyeol went on to break it, " Is he...Naeun's dad? "

Baekhyun's expression turned totally downcast. He huffed a sigh, " Y-Yea "

Chanyeol's eyes widen into the size of saucers, " Wh..What happened? " He asked carefully.

Baekhyun could only open his mouth before Chanyeol cuts in,

" Actually, no, It's okay if you are uncomfortable and don't want to say it, Im sorry"

" No, it's fine "

Chanyeol gave him a sympathetic look as he continued to tell his story,

" We met in college, during the first day of my first year there. He was a senior then. I bumped into him and he asked if i needed help getting around the school. I definitely needed all the help i could get so he offered to help me get around and adjust to the settings. As friends, days, weeks, couple of years passed, we became more than friends and into a couple. He was probably one of the most caring guy I've met. He'd always made sure I was doing okay, he'd check up on me and made sure i ate, and not skip meals while studying for upcoming exams, signs and touches of affection here and there made us closer. I also learnt that he was ,well as compared to me, really rich, with the help of his family business and his dad, he was to be one of the next successors of his family's company. After graduating, finding a job wasn't an obstacle as for me as I ended up helping him as his secretary and yes, i did get paid.

But then one night, tore everything apart. I may have forgotten what triggered that night to happen but the next thing i knew and remembered clearly was that we were cuddling, in the sheets the next morning. That wasn't anything until I kept feeling sick a couple of weeks after, like morning sickness"

" So..that's Naeun developing? " Chanyeol took a bite of his lasagna.

Baek nodded, " That's right, little did we know that I am a carrier and he definitely wasn't pleased about my pregnancy " , Baekhyun gave a sad chuckle, " You've should have seen his face, it was a mix of all kinds of emotions but happy. I definitely was nervous but for some reason, I had a spark of positive energy in me telling me that telling him about my pregnancy would be okay, it'll be a moment of joy and happiness, all that stuff because he loved me but I guess not. He suggested that I get it aborted, obviously I got extremely upset and told him that i refuse to do so"

Chanyeol gaped in all seriousness, how could someone be this...cruel?!

" His mum managed to step in as well, said that she didn't like the idea of having a gay son as the next successor of their company and that Im just a gold digger, trying to hoard their money and my baby was one of my plans of staying secure my place there. I was so confused at that moment because while we were dating , he assured me of how his parents were accepting of his uality, how they were all fine and they liked me, that they would love to meet me but then I found out that it was all a lie, his mum only knew who I was only when I was expecting with Naeun

Furthermore, Pregnancy mood swings didn't help lighten the situation. I found the opportunity to talk to him at the park one midnight, he kept telling me about how if i wanted to keep that relationship, i'd have to go for abortion. I ended up thrashing at him and told him how I would continue keeping the baby. He told me to suit myself and left me. "

" He didn't...come back? "

Baekhyun gave a sad smile, " he fled to the US "

" What?! " , grabbing the attention of other diners, Chanyeol focused on his plate, to shy away from the stares.

" Apparently, he flew there for working purposes. He didn't call to tell me anything, I had to find out through making several phone calls and had his domestic helper tell me that he had left for the US for business. To me, he fled. "

" Oh my god, Baekhyun... " , Chanyeol, not knowing what to say, rolled apology of his tongue.

Baekhyun fixed his saddened expression to a brighter one, trying to hide it as if he wasn't sad before and shook his head, " Whatever are you apologising for? "

" I just feel...sorry "

Baekhyun laughed to lighten the mood that he had set down, " It's okay, I wouldn't put up a strong wall and say that it was easy but I am stronger than before "

And that tugged a little at Chanyeol's heart, he felt so much for the smaller in front of him, having gone through tough times and yet is still able to put a smile on his face.

" How about your parents? "

" I swear i don't deserve them. They were the first people i told and they were supportive because at that time, they knew that we were committed to one another. I felt so relieve yet a little of a let down to my parents because I wasn't married. It was a premarital pregnancy situation. It usually wouldn't sound pleasant with the adults and maybe friends or family relatives.

When they knew what happened, they were seething with rage, the worst I have seen in all my life. They were ready to put him down for me but I prevented it. They listened only because they didn't want me to be emotionally stressed out. Seeing how supportive they were and how they were always there for me, I'll never thank my parents enough.

As much, I'd like to be there like that for Naeun as well "

Baekhyun looked at Naeun and playfully scrunched his nose at her.

" You are, though ", Baekhyun looked his boss when he said that, " Well, at least from what I see and feel "

Chanyeol continues to add on to his point, " The way you carry her, look at her, smile at her, kiss her, call her, they're all done in a very loving way. What you've been through, parenting all alone is not easy and indeed, it made you stronger. When it comes for Naeun to understand better, im sure she would love to set you as her one and only role model. You're already like your parents but in your own way. "

Chanyeol's words made Baekhyun's eyes water, they both knew the waterfall that's about to come but he told himself to it up.

Turning his head at Naeun, he laughs, " Look at this food monster, she's done ", pointing at her plate.

" Wow, very impressive for a little one with a little stomach " 

All of a sudden, Naeun burped out which shocked the two adults but it all turned into laughter.

 

 


 

Here this chapter is !! This chapter is unedited!!

FINALLY, i've been dying to update but I've finally begun on school, and im starting of my first week of my last year which is intense which is why i need to let you all know that,

im sorry when i lack updates but its because im busy with schools and prep for my final exam :")

But still, thank you all so reading and thank you to my subs for subscribing and, also your upvotes !!

please leave a comment for your thoughts of this story or chapter, it would be much appreciated♡

See you in the next chapter ♡ take care