..5

Baby To Work

 

 

Making a quick decision to go to Japan with his boss and bringing Naeun wasn't easy at all, considering that he only had friday and the weekend to think about it after Chanyeol had called him that night.

Baekhyun had several pushes and pulls on bringing Naeun. For him to go didn't matter as he doesn't have a choice, it is a business trip and his boss wants him to be there, he simply could not not go.

However as for Naeun, Chanyeol gave hints of pleads for Baekhyun to bring her, convincing the father that she wouldn't be a nuisance. The CEO even offered to go to Disneyland on the one day that they have for leisure. 

After putting much thought, Baekhyun thought that this could be a good chance for him to let Naeun receive and feel the joy she deserves and thus coming to the final decision that he will be going to the four days business trip. That being said, he had quite a bit of housekeeping matters that he had to settle with Jinah.

 

 

So, during dinner on Saturday evening, Baekhyun brought it up.

" By the way, Jinah ", he chews.

" Yes, Mr Byun? "

" I'll be going to a business trip in Japan for four days and I'll be bringing Naeun along "

" Oh? So sudden? With Naeun? "

It felt odd to her as Baekhyun have had a couple of short trips before but never once was Naeun brought along.

" When are you leaving? "

" Tuesday morning so I'd like to that you visit your family and take a leave while Naeun and I are gone " he smiles.

" Can I? " Jinah smiles as well, heart fluttering at what her boss had just offered her.

Baekhyun chuckled, " Of course, but I want you to come back by the time I will be home which is Friday late evening.

With the time in the business trip, i will most probably and hopefully be able to finally register Naeun to a play school, so I would like to let you know about it with your last paycheck. Let's all go out for dinner and it will be my treat to show my appreciation for you for the past year "

That only made it hard for Jinah to leave her boss. Touched, Jinah's tears started welling up her eyes, " Mr Byun ... "

 

-

 

The weekend was well spent with Baekhyun spending time with his daughter, settling a bit of paperwork and  packing their luggage.

Monday was heavily filled with meetings, phone calls and the all time paperwork, Baekhyun was head to toe drained out completely by the time working hours ended and he started to pack up.

He heaved a small, tired sigh as he cleared up his desk and switched off his laptop. Just then, he heard the doors to the CEO's office behind him closing. He turned and bowed his head a little at the presence of Chanyeol.

" You look tired " Chanyeol points out.

" You don't look any better yourself too " Baekhyun smiled.

Chanyeol laughed, " At least there is tomorrow's trip that can hopefully be a healing one at the same time despite it being solely for business purposes " 

Baekhyun nodded in delight upon hearing that, feeling especially thrilled for the day of leisure time among the four days that they'll be there. It's been while since he's been overseas, plus it's Naeun's first flight.

" Which for your information, our flight's at eight in the morning and I've managed to book us business class seats by the window " Chanyeol said, " I think that will be fun for Naeun "

Baekhyun laughed, imagining the possible priceless expressions on his daughter's face, " She will be thrilled, probably squealing till she's knocked out "

Chanyeol laughed, " Is this her first flight? "

Baek nodded, " Yeah, I just hope she doesn't cry at any point of time in the flight "

" She's a good girl, I don't think she would and even if she does, that's okay "

" Ah, " Chanyeol suddenly spoke up again, " Before I forget, you don't have to worry about Naeun while we are at work "

He received a look of confusion from Baekhyun.

" Apparently, hotel nannies exist so I've managed to hire one with the best ratings and good reviews, and gave the hotel her particulars, so at any time of the day while we are out she'll come in to look after Naeun "

" Goodness, that's so thoughtful, thank you "

They talked all the way, Chanyeol walking Baekhyun all the way to his car. 

" For today- no, for this week especially, I'm extremely grateful for your efficiency and hardwork, Secretary Byun " Chanyeol praised which fluttered Baekhyun's heart upon hearing it.

Baekhyun shook his head and smiled humbly, " It's my job, as for you Mr Park, you should head home and rest now, we have an early day to start in less than twelve hours "

" Ok, I'll be picking you up tomorrow " 

" What time? "

" It'll be better if we settle down at the airport for a while to check in as always so around six? I'll give you a call in advance "

" Alright "

-

At about five the next morning, Baekhyun was woken up by his alarm clock. He groaned as sat up, trying his best to not lay back down. He peeled off his covers and shuffled to Naeun's room.

He doesn't see Jinah but heard the living room's bathroom door opening.

" Mr Byun? " Jinah whispers from behind.

" Oh hey " Baekhyun croaked, " Good morning "

" Good morning, it's so early, is your flight soon? "

" Yes, Im going to wake Naeun up, could you prepare our breakfast? A heavy one is preferred  "

Not needing of other words, Jinah was soon off to make a hearty american styled breakfast and a slice of banana toast for the little angel.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun reached out to carry Naeun to his chest but in a upright position.

" Naeunnie " he sings softly and her back to wake her up.

Naeun whined wanting to go back to sleep.

" C'mon baby, " Baekhyun lightly bounces Naeun until she looks up into her dad's eyes, " Appa will be bringing you a whole new world today " he smiles brightly.

Right after breakfast, Jinah helped Naeun get changed while Baekhyun, too, changed into a blue-white striped shirt and black jeans.

 

Soon after, he received a call from Chanyeol,

" Good morning "

" Morning, Mr Park "

" Im reaching your block already, you can come down in five minutes "

" Ok "

 

With an armful of Naeun, the other with a luggage and back carrying a backpack, Baekhyun walked towards a luxurious looking black BMW.

The driver quickly got out and bowed at Baekhyun, holding out to reach for his luggage.

When the driver wanted to reach for the backpack, Baekhyun quickly shook his head with a smile, " No, I'll carry this on, thank you "

He nodded and shut the trunk. He then quickly opened the car door and bowed, gesturing for the father to enter the car.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun exchanged greetings and smiles.

" Naeun, say good morning Mr Park "

Naeun smiled at Chanyeol and with the best of her ability she tried to force out a pronounced, " Good morning "

Baekhyun smiled, " She's still a little groggy "

Chanyeol chuckled and reached out to hold Naeun's hand, " Good morning, little one "

 

At the airport entrance, Chanyeol's driver helped them with their luggage and sent them to their respective check-in counter. Once they've successfully checked in their particulars and luggage, Chanyeol turned to his driver and thanked him with a pat on the back. The driver bowed once again and wished them a safe flight.

" Are you excited? " Baekhyun lightly bounced her. The little one has being studying everything in her surroundings ever since they've stepped into the airport.

Chanyeol laughed, " I doubt she even knows what's going on "

Baekhyun laughed as well, lightly patting her bum that felt warmer than usual. " Oh? Her bum area does feel a little warm and heavy "

" Do you need the restroom? " Chanyeol scanned through, " It's right there, I kinda have to use it too "

" Let's go "

 

Not long after, they were called in to board the plane.

They found their seats as soon as they entered the plane. Naeun in Baekhyun's arms was constantly turning her head in all directions possible to scan through her surroundings.

" Baby " Baekhyun laughed and kissed her cheek, " Aren't you dizzy "

Chanyeol laughed along as they watched the little one with big eyes filled with curiousity and her head.
 
" Are you comfortable with her on your lap like that? I can ask for a cabin crew to bring a bassinet if you'd like " Chanyeol asked, concerned,

" No, its fine, I can manage " Baekhyun shook his head with a smile.

 

The two hour flight to Japan indeed had Naeun squealing in excitement as she stared out of the window and the two men laughing now and then.

Only when a headache started to come in halfway throught the flight, Chanyeol squeezed his eyes shut and heaved an exhausted sigh, causing Baekhyun to look up at him with worry. He closed his eyes and relaxed back on the backrest.

 

Two hours passed by quickly and their flight captain instructing his cabin crew to prepare for landing was soon heard. The sounds of the passengers unbuckling their seatbelts echoed through the atmosphere the very moment they had landed. The flight captain thanked and wished everyone a good day ahead.

With an arm securing Naeun in place, Baekhyun reached over with the other to grab Chanyeol's arm and shook him a little, " Mr Park? Mr Park..we've landed "

Chanyeol jerked awake. He must've been so tired Baekhyun thought. The turbulent landing didn't even bother him while he was sleeping, he slept through it like a log.

" What time did you even turn in to bed last night ? "

" Somewhere past midnight ", Chanyeol mumbles as he rubbed his face.

" Because of work? "

Baekhyun frowned when Chanyeol said nothing. He felt upset, really upset.

" I told you to go home and rest, didn't I? "

The slight outburst caught Chanyeol a little off guard. He held onto his secretary's wrist, he run his thumb over a vein to soothe him, " Baekhyun..w- I'm fine "

Baekhyun tries to hide it but his facial expression turns sullen, " Let's head to the hotel quickly "

 

 

 

Picked up by a scheduled Japanese driver who knew how to speak Korean , they drove smoothly and got to their hotel in no time.

To the check-in counter, Chanyeol was greeted by many of the security guards and the staff. A neatly attired woman rushed to the counter and bowed respectfully, " Good morning, Mr Park, a very warm welcome to Japan "

" Thank you "

" Appa! " Naeun suddenly squeals, pointing up at the huge, expensive looking chandelier that hung from the ceiling and shone beautifully.

" Naeun " , Baek gently scolds.

" You must be..? "

" Oh, my apologies, I'm Mr Park's secretary, Byun Baekhyun "

She giggled and waved off, " No worries, but this means that a crib will be needed, right? "

" Ah yes " Chanyeol answers right to it.

" Alright then, I'll keep that in mind " The lady types in some things into her phone then reaches underneath the counter to fish out a card sleeve of cardkeys to the hotel room, " A large suite for two? "

" That's right "

" Ok, I read that you've hired a hotel nanny as well? "

Chanyeol nodded.

" Remind her to come by at the check in counter to sign in her "

" Will do "

" Thank you for choosing us, have a great stay ahead "

 

They headed up to their suite room as the hotel porter settled with their luggage. Scanning the cardkey, they entered with Baekhyun and Naeun taken aback by the interior, he knew they were getting a fancy room but it still amazes him everytime. Of course to Chanyeol, it's starting to get normal. This time, the suite had a french door that divided the space to having a living room and a bedroom

" Naeun-ah, look! " Baekhyun smiled as he brought them to the full length window that exposes the city and its skyscrapers and its life. Baekhyun feels for sure that it'll be extremely beautiful once night falls.

" Uh...Baekhyun? "

Baekhyun frowns at the uncertainty in the voice behind him, " Yea? "

Chanyeol lead him to the bedroom where...there was only a single king sized bed.

Which means they've got to share.

" Did I make a mistake? With the number of times I've checked, I doubt so " Chanyeol rambles, puzzled.

" It's alright " Baekhyun shook his head, " I can sleep on the large couch outside "

" What?! No, I.. We can share, take a side each as long as you're comfortable with it "

" I'm ok with anything as long as you're okay with "

" Ok then we are sharing "

For some reason, an awkward silence fogged in until the doorbell sounded.

Chanyeol went over to attend it. He helped the hotel staff to bring in their luggage and the crib needed for Naeun.

Chanyeol huffed,  " We can start to settle down now "

Baekhyun nodded, " First and foremost, I want you to take nap "

" Wh- " " I don't care " Baek interrupted.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun says, " I don't care, i want you to rest and you need it, you having headaches are already enough to tell that you've overworked  "

Chanyeol doesn't say anything. Like a small boy getting lectured by his mom.

" What time do we have to leave to the conference meeting "

" At 2pm "

" Then I'll wake you up maybe an hour or two before so that we still have time to get ready "

Baekhyun offered to take Chanyeol's full length coat and draped in over the couch.

" Should you change into something more comfortable? "

" It's okay, I'm lazy to change "

 

 

Chanyeol had a nap like never before, only to be woken up on his own and hearing the sound of typing on a keyboard.

He stretched and peeled the covers off. He went out of the room to see Baekhyun on his laptop at the dining table and Naeun watching television at a soft volume.

At that point of time, Chanyeol felt really...thankful

Not that he had anywhere else to do his work but Chanyeol just felt touched anyways from the fact that Baekhyun was doing his work at a considerate distance away from the bedroom and Naeun watching her tv show in a soft volume. All just so to allow Chanyeol to have a nap.

" Oh, you're up "

" Yea "

" You still have some more time to lay down "

" Do you want me to rot in bed? " Chanyeol jokingly questioned 

Baekhyun slightly lowered his head, " Im sorry, I just want you to get all the rest you can get "

" I know and I'm thankful for that " Chanyeol smiled.

Naeun started to babble from behind, Chanyeol turning his full attention to her and picked her up. Naeun giggled.

" Which reminds me, we have about a little more than an hour till we leave, I think its time that we call in the hotel nanny "

Baekhyun took a glance at his watch and nodded.

 

 

The hotel nanny was nice, like really really nice. Best of all, she is how the reviews say she is. Like a motherly figure which puts Baekhyun at ease.

When she arrived, she greeted the two men and introduced herself as Mrs Kim. She also smiled affectionately at the sight of Naeun, saying how much of a lovely baby she is. Baekhyun blushed and thanked her bashfully.

She listened to Baek's instructions attentively and asked whatever she needed to ask.

" What time will the two of you be leaving? "

" At 2 "

She looked at her watch, " Oh then you'd better hurry and go freshen up "

As and when Chanyeol and Baekhyun were getting ready to leave, the hotel nanny took the time to start bonding with Naeun.

From the sounds of Naeun giggling and baby talking, Naeun was also fond of the hotel nanny.

 

" Mrs Kim "

" Yes, Mr Park? " Mrs Kim looked towards their direction to see both men carrying their briefcases

" We will be taking our leave now " Chanyeol said.

" Oh, yes "

" We'll be back by 7 " 

" Alright, Have a good day ahead "

 


 

I promised an update soon so here it is. It isn't much, i know :(( but i need this chapter to get to the exciting parts of this trip ^^

Yes, im so so so sorry, this was too long overdue but my exams are finally over!! Which also means i can do updates faster and im excited!!

Next chapter's probably one of my favs !!!

Thank you so much for waiting and thank you to my new subscribers for subscribing !! <3

Do leave me a comment <3

xoxo