..1

Baby To Work

" Mr Byun, Im afraid I will not be able to work and babysit Naeun tomorrow "

Placing his dark grey briefcase on the couch in prep for work the next morning, Baekhyun frowns at his middle aged domestic helper, Jinah, in confusion " All of a sudden? Why? "

" Im truly sorry, Mr Byun. Things had suddenly cropped up with my family and I only received a call just now "

Baekhyun sighed, it seemed that he had no choice. Family's always first and it wasn't like he had a better idea than to let his domestic helper take work leave to clear up her family issues. He bit his bottom lip as he thought, a day wouldn't be enough he feels and furthermore, he felt too that he could cut his domestic helper some slack as she had been such a great help to him ever since Naeun came into his life.

" Mr Byun? " she called.

" Hmm, don't have a choice, do we? " , Baekhyun plastered a soft smile, hoping that it would also lighten his stern tone a little, " I'll give you exactly three days, will that be okay? "

" Three?! But I only need tomorrow "

Baekhyun hummed, " Whatever it is, a day may not be enough for you to clear things up and even if you are able to, take the other two more days to rest as a little token of appreciation from me "

" I- you're always too kind, Mr Byun, t-thank you so much "

Baekhyun waved his hand at her, " But then that also means that you are leaving tonight right? "

" Yes, my brother had offered to come pick me up once I've gotten your permission to leave work for tomorrow "

 

 

After dinner, his domestic helper gave him a list of things that he needed to take note of for when taking care of Naeun just in case as they waited for her brother to come pick her up. Finally, Jinah gave a last check of her suitcase when her brother had arrived at the doorstep. Baekhyun gave her a last wave off before they finally left.

As he closes the door, he hears his baby girl cooing. Baekhyun immediately grinned sweetly and walked towards Naeun who was crawling on the living room floor, towards her Appa.

" Hey baby " Baekhyun coos as he scoops his little girl and gave her a peck on her little nose, causing the one and a half year old to giggle. Baekhyun carried Naeun to his own room and settled her down on his chest as he laid back on the bed's headrest.

" What do I do now ", Baekhyun groaned in frustration, being in a head wreck as the fact that there was no one available to take care of Naeun had started to sink in. Jinah noona, his domestic helper, was no longer an option, neither were his parents as his parent were busy with their own jobs as well, he didn't want to bother them.

Baekhyun closed his eyes, to only open them right after he had thought of a solution. He stretched carefully to get his phone and logged onto his account on his company's website. The single father was extremely glad to had found that there were no general scheduled meetings for the next day. Pouting for a moment as he thought, he too doubt that a sudden meeting would be scheduled as there hasn't been so lately. He typed a message to his boss before locking his phone and throwing his attention to the little girl on his chest.

Naeun was already staring at him with her almond shaped eyes. Baek chuckled at her adorableness and brushed her baby fringe to the side,

" Hey baby, wanna follow Appa to work? "

 

 

-

 

 

" No way ", Minseok gaped at the secretary with his daughter in his arms.

 

Minseok's a really good friend of Baekhyun in the company. He was the one that guided Baekhyun throughout during his first few days and till this day stayed as the latter's lifeline and close friend in the company.

 

Baekyun sighed as they entered the lift, he was sort of already mentally prepared for this kind of reaction. Couple of steps into the building and he already had all eyes on him and Naeun.

Thankfully it wasn't that bad after seeing how much of a smiley girl Naeun is had the female employees squealing and generally everyone smiling as well.

" Does CEO Park know about this " Minseok asks half heartedly as he played with Naeun.

" Yes, I did although im not too sure why he hasn't replied to my text. ".

Actually, Baekhyun didn't check if his boss has even read the message. He didn't had the chance to do so last night as he fell asleep with Naeun as he was lulling her to sleep and in that morning as he was busy with getting himself and Naeun ready. He fished out his mobile phone from his pocket to give a check.

Minseok watches as Baekhyun's calmed expression turned flustered. " Oh my god " Baekhyun gasped, staring at his phone with his eyes as big as the size of plates. The face had Naeun laughing.

" What? What happened ", Minseok asked, concerned.

" My message wasn't sent to him " Baekhyun said.

" What? You sent it to the wrong person? "

" No no, as in I had the text typed to him but I didnt send it. " Baekhyun's voiced filled with panic, " Oh no... "

 

 

Baekhyun had his heart racing rather anxiously. Earlier on in the lift, even after having found out that his message to his boss was not sent, he still proceeded to send it as advised by Minseok. Better late than never.

Now, he just got to pray that he doesn't get a scolding from his boss.

He got to his desk that's outside of the CEO's room. Unbuckling the baby carrier, he placed Naeun down on a baby chair, right next to his own office chair. Brought a different bag than his usual briefcase, he pulled out her milk bottle which is to be filled with water, a travel size container of milk powder formula, a few of her favourite dolls and plushies as well as a toddler's storybook, hopeful that they'll keep Naeun occupied throughout the day. All he has to do now is fill her bottle for her with drinking water.

" Naeun-ah, be a good girl and wait here for Appa okay? " Baekhyun rubbed her cheek before quickly running off to the staff pantry.

 

 

 

Just a minute or two after Baekhyun had sprinted off, the CEO had arrived, to be greeted by...a baby? He frowned as he looked around, " Baekhyun? " he calls for his secretary but only received silence as an answer. In complete confusion, he continued staring at the baby on the baby chair.

Naeun looked up ahead and saw a strange man staring at her. As the naive little angel she is, she smiled at him and gave off a bright, cheerful laugh at him that had the man smiling as well. When he approached her, Naeun raised her arms, asking to be carried and so he did after placing his own briefcase on Baekhyun's desk to have his hands free.

Naeun gaped at her surroundings in amusement as the man had lifted her much higher off the grounds as compared to when Baekhyun or Jinah carries her.

The very much amused expression on her face had the CEO chuckling, " So cute ". As he studied her face, he began to realise that she looked a lot like his secretary which felt..odd.

" Naeun-ah~ ", the CEO hears his secretary's coo and footsteps. 

" Naeun-ah, I- ", Baekhyun halted in his steps in shock to find his daughter in his boss' arms, " Oh, Mr Park.. "

" Appa! " Naeun squealed at the sight of her father.

" Appa? " The CEO stared at Naeun and frowned in slight confusion then turning back at his secretary, " She's your daughter? "

" ..Yes ", Baekhyun answered sheepishly with a firm nod.

The current situation had cause the CEO to fall speechless and Baekhyun to fiddle the milk bottle in his hold. 

" We'll talk more about this in my office " the CEO, much to Baekhyun's surprised, said with a genuine smile when Naeun broke the awkward silence by gurgling baby language as she stared up at him. He walked on into his office with Naeun still in his arms, " Get my bag that's on the desk for me, will you? " 

 

 

CEO Park. Park Chanyeol is his full name, really tall and extremely handsome, and much bigger in size as compared to Baekhyun. His father was the former CEO of the company until about time that he had seen enough of Chanyeol's hard work and efforts, he decided to step down and pass on his position as CEO to his filial son. Since then, Park Chanyeol only became even more hardworking and much, much more intimidating. Because of that, his staff always worked hard with their heart and soul, never with sloppy efforts. They wouldn't dare to even if they could.

He always puts up a stern, professional front and often wears a fierce frown on his face. His frown does wear off though but only in private around people he is close to and people he is to be comfortable around with. Baekhyun, as his secretary, is one of them. In private and aside from business, he is totally different from what he is at work. He would be really nice, caring and friendly.

Even so, Baekhyun never lets it get to him, that he could take that as an advantage, to get too comfortable around his boss. He is working for the CEO of the company for goodness' sake and he doesn't wish to get fired for any sort of reasons related to having him being too comfortable. In this line, professionalism is the key.

 

 

Chanyeol settled down on his office chair with his index finger offered to Naeun to grab onto and play with. Baekhyun placed the briefcase gently with care on the table and stepped back with a slight bow.

" So what is this all about? " Chanyeol finally questioned with a raise of a brow, getting Baekhyun all nervous.

" I-I, " Baekhyun bit his bottom lip from the nervousness stirring up in him, " I'm sorry, I know this is really sudden. My domestic helper had to go and face some family issues back at home so I let her. Then, I didn't have anyone left to take care of Naeun..so I decided that bringing her here to work with me would be the only and best option "

" And you didn't ask me or talk to me about this beforehand? "

At that moment, Baekhyun honestly couldn't tell if Chanyeol was mad or not. Despite the question being asked in a slight fierce manner, the man had a soft smile on his face as he had most of his attention diverted to the little girl playing in his arms.

" My bad, Mr Park, I did send you a text last night but yet I didn't " Baekhyun lowered his head.

Chanyeol stopped playing with Naeun for a moment and turned his attention to Baekhyun, trying to understand what the smaller had just said, " What? "

" I had the text typed out but carelessly, I didn't send it out to you last night " Baekhyun explained, feeling slightly bashful, " I guess fatigue had cause me to be careless. However, I did carry on to send it to you earlier when I had realized so "

Chanyeol took out his mobile phone from the  pocket of his suit jacket and nodded in acknowledgement when he saw that Baekhyun had indeed sent him a message earlier that morning. " My apologies as well, I had left my phone in silent mode ".

Then, Naeun started calling and reaching out for her father to carry her instead. Chanyeol carefully handed her over to her father and watched as Baekhyun place a loving peck on the apple of her left cheek.

" I don't really mind as long as she isn't too much of a distraction " Chanyeol smiled up at Naeun for the nth time, " However, what are we going to do with her during a meeting that i have to suddenly hold before lunch later? "

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Hellu!! Thank you so much for reading^^

I had been planning to write a story for a long time, i thought up many ideas of different au genres but i was hesitant to do so because I was afraid that I couldn't write well, so I kindly request that you all leave me a comment often, any kind will do though i hope to bring positive comments out of you all ^^ Was so nervous to start of with this first chapter, i kept writing, checking and editing. If there are any errors, i sincerely apologise ^^#

If you were wondering, yes! I did get a little bit of inspiration after the TROS episode where Chanyeol and Jongin met Naeun and Gunhoo !! The rest of the bones of this story just randomly popped up in my mind but is not complete as im writing whatever idea comes to mind along the way for this fic :)

See you in the next chapter!! It's already brewing up in my head ^^ <3