one

For What We Said
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Quarter past five and it was raining that morning. Momo sat alone in the kitchen, takes in the sight of rain droplets hitting the window. She doesn't know how long she's just been sitting there, perhaps all night long. The kettle on the stove whistles loudly as steam gushes out of the small opening at the end of the pot. She walks over and pours the water into the cup of her fresh-brewed coffee. 

Momo knows why she's been acting this way; losing sleep. But things are getting better, at least that's what Momo believes.

After drinking half-cup of her coffee, she decided to went to work early. Momo has been working on Sana's family farm for three years now, they need Momo in the office actually, but the woman preferred the farm, there were some unspoken reasons for that.

The farm takes approximately 15 minutes by bicycle, 45 minutes by horse and an hour of walking from her house. Momo prefers to ride the bike though.

On her way to the farm, she stops at Jeongyeon and Dahyun's bakery. Jeongyeon was the first person that she met after moving into the town, and surprisingly, they both get along well. Not everyone gets Jeongyeon's jokes, so for Dahyun, it's quite satisfying to watch Momo laughs at Jeongyeon non-senses.

"Good morning, early bird." Dahyun greets the moment Momo open the door. "How was your sleep?" 

"Good." Momo flips the sign on the door and greets the first customer. She smiles at the middle-aged lady who entered with a smile over the smells of warm bread. 

"If you say so" Dahyun answers. Jeongyeon who just walked out of the kitchen smiles and gave her a lunch bag of bread, "don't eat all of them, share some to the new girl who starts working at the farm two weeks ago."

Momo giggles, "Her name is Nayeon. Thanks, Jeongyeon." 

Jeongyeon shakes her head in disbelief when Momo leaves the store, "She kept losing weight, huh."

"Anyway, who is this Nayeon girl?" Dahyun asked with a smirk

 

-

 

With hand clutching the bag that Jeongyeon gave, Momo entered the house. Sana's grandmother used to live there for a short while, but now the house is left empty since the eldest returned to Japan. There were a few types of furniture left in the house for the workers though. Momo turns on the lamp and put the bread on the plate, judging by the noise from outside, Nayeon must have arrived. 

"Good morning, Momo!" Nayeon cheerfully greets with a big smile on her face, same as usual. She wonders where Nayeon gets such great energy every morning, Momo definitely will ask for some tips from the older. "Have you miss me?"

"We met yesterday." Momo casually answered. Luckily, she already customed with this side of Nayeon. 

"Still, that counts" The older sticks her tongue out as she takes a seat, "Sana told me she is going to come today."

Momo leaned against the wall with both hands folded in front of her chest. "Wasn't she came three days ago?" Momo asks, "usually she only visit us once a week, what's with the sudden change."

Nayeon shrugs, "she says she wants to meet you."

"Why doesn't she call me instead." 

"Because maybe it supposed to be a surprise but you've found out" Nayeon then pauses over the realization, "."

Momo giggles. "Whatever. I'll start working. Anyway, you may eat those bread." 

Nayeon nod, already munc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter