Thermometer

Drabbles with KimKei

"I'm sorry, hun. I can't make it to the JUMP party today." Kim paused to cough. "My fever has gotten really bad."

 

"It's okay babe. I'll let the others know. Do you want me to bring anything over in particular?" Kei replied, the holiday music was blasting through his phone microphone and the music made Kim feel even worse. 

 

"No, I'm alright. Have fun. I'm going to sleep early tonight." 

 

"Okay, good night. Feel better..." 

 

"Thanks, night." Kim ended the call and rolled over to adjust her position in her bed. An hour had gone by and Kim was still struggling to fall asleep. Outside, she could hear the faint holiday music from her neighbors and inside her room, it was a chorus full of coughing and sneezing. 

 

"What a night..." Kim muttered to herself, frustrated with being uncomfortable. 

 

Suddenly, a faint knock was heard on her door and she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. 

 

This confusion was soon replaced with relief when a familiar face entered her room.

 

"Hey... I'd thought you would like some company on this holiday eve." Kei said softly, approaching the side of her bed. He glanced at the thermometer on her nightstand that read 38C and frowned. "I'll be back with a cold towel." 

 

"Kei, wait.." Kim protested, stopping her boyfriend in his tracks. "Just stay by me for a few minutes. I missed you." 

 

The latter chuckled. "Just for a few minutes. You already have a fever and things tend to get a bit hot with me around."

 

Kim rolled her eyes but smiled. "Inoo Kei... You are so full of yourself!" She weakly laughed. "But I love you." 

 

"I love you too."