Chapter 4

Meant To Be?

 

                               Tzuyu’s POV

The final school bell rung, I gathered my stuff and went to my car. I stopped at a nearby store to buy food for Hyejoo and I. After I bought the stuff I went home and prepared the food. I looked through my shelves to find a game to play with Hyejoo and finally settled on Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart. I decided to organize the house a bit. Around the time I finished organizing things up the food was ready. I put the food on plates and set them on the table. The doorbell rang, I went over to the door and opened it revealing Hyejoo. 

  “H...hi Tzuyu…” Hyejoo greeted me shyly.

  “Hello Hyejoo, come on.” I said allowing her inside. Hyejoo took a seat on the couch. I went into the kitchen to grab her kimchi. 

“Tzuyu.” Hyejoo called.

“Yes?” I replied.

“What were you planning on doing tonight?” She asked.

“I was planning on playing games with you, maybe watching a movie, and learning more about you.” I answered as I handed her the kimchi. 

“Thank you so much Tzuyu.” Hyejoo thanked me. 

“You’re welcome Hyejoo.” I replied softly grabbing the tv remote. “Hyejoo, is there a game you want to play?”

“Um...Mario Kart, you beat me last time and I want a rematch.” Hyejoo responded. I nodded as I set up my Nintendo Switch. I grabbed the controllers and handed one to Hyejoo. 

“Which cup?” I asked.

“Bell Cup. You beat me each time we played that one so I want to try and beat you.” 

“Alright.” I said as I selected the cup. 

 

                    *1 Hour Later*

 

  “One more try!” Hyejoo was determined to win. 

“I’ve already beat you at all the cups and battles, are you sure about this?” I questioned. 

“....No…” Hyejoo said. 

“That’s what I thought.” I smirked playfully. “Let’s play Smash Bros instead, since you’re better at that and actually have a chance at winning.” 

  “Yah!” Hyejoo shouted as she hit my shoulder. “You’re so mean.”

  “I’m not mean, you just need to get better at playing games.” I responded. I switched the game over to Smash Bros Ultimate. 

“I’ll beat you this time, I swear.” Hyejoo said to me.

“We’ll see about that.” I said, smirking.

 

                     *2 Hours Later*

“How are you so good at everything!?” Hyejoo half shouted as she lost what seemed to be our 128th battle in Smash. 

“It’s not that I’m good, it’s that you .” I teased which resulted in a soft hit to my shoulder. 

“One more, then we’ll stop.” Hyejoo requested.

“Ok.” I said. 

“But let’s add a twist.” Hyejoo smirked.

“What is it?”

“Winner gets to decide on a activity to do.” Hyejoo answered.

“That’s not that bad, ok, let’s do it.” I said. 

 

                  *10 Minutes Later*

 

  “I DID IT!” Hyejoo shouted in victory. 

“Good job.” I said, slow clapping. “What do we need to do?” 

“Huh?” Hyejoo wondered.

“You said winner gets to choose an activity to do, what are we going to do?” I asked.

“Let’s go on a date.”