3. Chasing A Boy!? That's Not Ladylike....

You Only Live Once

Baekhyun shook his head grimly. "I would disown you, but we made a blood oath. I don't know what's wrong with you today."

I had polished off two and a half bowls of ramyun, burped as loudly as I wanted to, and now I was going to walk up to Kyungsoo, who was currently drinking his black coffee and reading off his iPad at the table furthest away from us.

Baekhyun had offered to help me by walking past Kyungsoo in the most obvious manner. That boy had way too many tricks up his sleeve, no wonder he has a new girl in his bed every week.

A diagnosis of small cell lung carcinoma is more potent than fifty shots of vodka. Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine myself doing this. I marched up to Kyungsoo and tapped his shoulder.

He turned and regarded me, his features relaxing into a small smile when he saw me. "Hey, Abby? What's up?"

I blinked. HE KNOWS MY NAME! HE REMEMBERS ME!

"Yes, of course I remember you. The tutoring session, right? Did you do well for that math paper in the end?"

"Well, yes." I was at a loss of words. "I mean, no. I did not." I failed that paper. "Uh, do you happen to see Baekhyun around?" I remember the original excuse I had planned to use on Kyungsoo.

"Baekhyun? Who's that?" Kyungsoo blinked.

Oh, god. He has to be the only person who doesn't know Baekhyun. I groaned inwardly. Oh, how I wanted to walk away now. But I had already did it.

"Well, nevermind. He's my friend." My eyes flickered to his iPad. "Reading a ebook?"

Kyungsoo nodded. "It's a research paper."

There was some silence before he broke it, "Okay, see you around." And turned back to his iPad.

I stared at the back of his head, feeling extremely mortified. I saw Baekhyun behind the pillar, covering his mouth as he doubled up in laughter. I felt my cheeks redden. I was NOT going to go down without a fight!

I sidled into the seat beside Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo looked up once again, this time with a shocked expression.

"Do you want to hang out?" I blurted out.