1. Go away, Baek

You Only Live Once

Baek_Baek: Oi Abby wru? U juz left sch without hollering

I was still in the clinic lobby, grasping that wretched report with my diagnosis of small ing cell lung carcinoma. The doctor had wanted to call my parents, but of course, I would have nothing of that. I needed time ALONE.

I ignored the text and shoved my phone all the way into my bag. I was supposed to go over to Suho's house for a project meeting with some of my classmates and there was a party tonight at Sehun's, but of course all this could wait.

I snorted and was shocked to feel something wet streak down my cheeks. Oh god, I was crying. 

I can't believe it. Why me? I groaned and covered my face with my hands as the doctor's words replayed like a horror movie in my head.

"We need to do a scan to see if it has spread anywhere. The prognosis for these cancers are unfortunately not very good, Abby..."

"I don't even ing smoke. I don't even take weed. I drink a bit, yes..."

"Abby, these cancers are common in female non-smokers."

I shut up. Well, , then I should have smoked, innit? 

I crushed the report in my hands.

Well, life. I am going to get myself a cup of ramyun. The cancer can go and settle itself, but I needed to have my lunch.

-----------------------------

Hmm. What should I get? I normally don't even eat ramyun because that will give my skin a breakout and my face will look puffy as hell the next morning, but those were the last things on my mind now.

I folded my arms and surveyed the rows of cup noodles. Seafood flavour? Or kimchi? Or tomyam?

Then it dawned on me. Well, . I have cancer. I'm going to get all of them.

That was a sobering realisation indeed. I piled all 3 cups into my arms and was about to head for the cashier when I felt a scream and a chokehold encircle my neck.

"ABBY SHIN!"

", Baekhyun!" I hollered, dropping the cup noodles on the floor in shock. "You gave me a heart attack!"

"Well, you too, you ignored my text and I see you here buying not one, but THREE cups of cup noodles? Do you have an eating disorder or something?" He finally released me and marvelled at the cup noodles as I picked them up from the floor. My delightful best friend, Byun Baekhyun, everyone, with his amazing politeness and chivarly.

"Eating disorder." I snorted. "I wish." I headed for the cashier and Baekhyun followed me, but not before grabbing some snacks and dropping it into my arms. 

"What's wrong with you?" He surveyed me suspiciously. "Did Kyungsoo ignore you again? He always ignores you anyway."

"I am not paying for your ." I fished out my wallet. "And no, I didn't even see him today."

For everyone's interest, Kyungsoo isn't my boyfriend. I wish. He's a senior in school that I have the hots for since forever, which was supposed to be a secret, but Baekhyun went through my Facebook search history and the rest is... history. He won't let it go, Baekhyun being Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun took out his wallet and paid for both of us. "Keep the change." He winked at the cashier, a rather sweet young girl, who understandbly blushed. I rolled my eyes, but grudgingly thanked him.

"Are you really going to eat all three?" He asked in horror as I ripped off all three lids of the containers. "You're going to be even fatter than you already are."

Wow, I really wanted to be alone. I grunted and added hot water into them carefully, ignoring the pesky fly of my best friend.

"Wow, you're such a today, Abby." Baekhyun hoisted himself up on the shelf (which was so illegal, but of course the convenience store girl would let him get away with it) so that he was directly facing me. "There can only be two reasons."

I surveyed the seasoning packet which I usually didn't even use. And ripped it open with my teeth savagely and dunked all of it inside.

"What the hell." Baekhyun's eyes bulged in horror. "Do you want to die young?"

At those words, I suddenly felt a jolt in my heart and to my horror, tears pricked at my eyes. 

"Hey what's wrong- Abby! CAREFUL!" Baekhyun yelped. "Oh my god, MISS, DO YOU HAVE COLD WATER? We have a burn victim here!!!!"

I didn't even realise the hot water had spilled over the container, onto my hands and down onto my body.

The singe from my tears was more painful.