maybe just an ounce..

cheesy troublemaker

Sooyoung could see Jiwoo running from afar towards her direction. She was slightly confused as to why the younger girl looked so... different? What's gotten into the younger girl all of a sudden?

 

"Jiwoo? What's wrong?" Sooyoung grips Jiwoo's shoulders when the latter crashed herself into Sooyoung's chest. She tugged the hem of Sooyoung's shirt with white knuckles and met her concerned eyes with tearful ones.

 

"I-I... God, Sooyoungie-- I'm in love with y-you.. "

 

Sooyoung was taken aback. Did Jiwoo really say what she heard her say? 

 

"W-W-What??? Jiwoo what on earth--" Sooyoung couldn't think of any logical explanation for Jiwoo's sudden confession, "But... Jungeun?"

 

Jiwoo shook her head furiously, denying whatever Sooyoung had to say, "It's always been you. I don't know what I was thinking when you were just right in front of me but I only have eyes for you Sooyoung!"

 

Jiwoo was shaking. Very badly. So does that mean, this isn't some joke then...? She was serious? Did she and Jungeun already break up? Whatever the reason may be, Sooyoung knew one thing for sure, and that was to answer Jiwoo's confession seriously.

 

"Me too," Sooyoung rubbed her thumb across Jiwoo's cheeks affectionately, "I've always had eyes for you only. Not even Yongguk could compare to you." Jiwoo let out a soft gasp and suddenly leaned towards Sooyoung's face too closely. Was she about to do what Sooyoung thought she was doing? She also started to lean forward as well, shutting her eyelids close. Their lips were only seconds away from touching--

 

"Hey! You weren't listening, !"

 

Wh-What? Sooyoung was brought back to reality by Jinsol's sudden shout. She looked around after being snapped out of her trance and realised that she was in the cafeteria with the usual commotion of teenagers screaming and running around, while the disciplinary teacher was screaming his lungs out at them. Not again. She faced forward, only to be met with a very cross looking Jinsol. Oops.

 

"You were spacing out again, weren't you?"

 

Sooyoung nodded, face red with embarassment, 'sorry' written all over her face. Jinsol only sighed in dissapointment and shook her head dissaprovingly. "You've been doing that lately. It really isn't like the Ha Sooyoung that I know."

 

Sooyoung scratched the back of her neck instinctively. "Sorry... I don't why I keep doing that as well." she lied. She damn knows why she spaced out earlier. "Care to explain what you were talking about earlier?"

 

Jinsol sipped what remained left of her chocolate milk and crushed the carton in one hand while she banged her other fist on the table. "Like I was SAYING earlier but you didn't listen, the ugly quarterback from my bio class won't stop making passes at me even though I've repeatedly told him that I was gay!!!" Jinsol continued banging her fist which gained some concerned stares from other people.

 

"How many ing times do I have to say that I like girls for it to get through that thick skull of his?!" she continued slamming the table with both of her fists and more people around them had started whispering to each other. Sheesh, this wasn't going to look good.

 

Jinsol is extremely beautiful, Sooyoung absolutely can't deny that. She felt bad for the blonde who just wanted to get herself a cute girlfriend but instead, it was as if God played a cruel joke on her and gave her the ability to attract teenage guys to her rather than girls.

 

"Why doesn't any girl in this school find me attractive, Soo? Why???" she wailed and finally went mad by banging her head on the table and just laid there, motionless. One of the cafeteria ladies who was obviously concerned for Jinsol walked over to their table and asked what was the blonde's reason for her breakdown.

 

"Umm. She's just... being gay."

 

Although she wasn't sure that was the complete answer, the cafeteria lady nodded hesitantly in the end while her face expressed hints of confusion on how does being gay correlate with banging her head on the table. Well, she didn't want to pry any further than necessary. While Jinsol was muttering on about how she wanted a girlfriend repeatedly like she was chanting some mantra, Sooyoung's hawk eyes caught sight of her annoyingly cute junior entering the cafeteria while linking arms with Jungeun (she received her real name from Jinsol who staked her social media account). 

 

This was reality. Not the one she kept daydreaming about earlier. The 'couple' she assumed they were one since who looks at each other like that? 

 

Like they were your world. Your universe. Your everything. And you wouldn't mind leaving behind everything just to be with them for the rest of your lives?

 

Jiwoo never looked at Sooyoung like that. But before she could stray off topic, she just needed to state that they were a complete eyesore for her and every single person in this school. The sound of Jiwoo's giggles resonating countless of times in Sooyoung's ears when Jungeun says literally anything?

 

Sick. She felt sick to the stomach. And that used to be Sooyoung, in Jungeun's place goddammit. How could she be so easily replaceable to her?

 

As they passed by Sooyoung's table, she was feeling some quite of discomfort in her heart. It kinda hurted. Like, a lot. But when Jiwoo's eyes caught sight of her, they somehow lit up with a glint of surprise with hints of excitement mixed in those brown orbs.

 

Sooyoung shrugged it off however. She thought it wasn't intended for her. Maybe she saw her best friends, Heejin and Hyunjin behind Sooyoung. The older girl wasn't going to check but she knows Jiwoo wouldn't smile at her anymore. She seemed delighted being with Jungeun. Joyous. Absolutely ecstatic. 

 

Maybe Jungeun deserves her better than Sooyoung. Maybe Jungeun could bring happiness to Jiwoo more than Sooyoung could ever try to do. And maybe, that wrenched her heart more than she expected it, even if she doesn't want to admit it.

 

*

 

"Oh my ing god Sooyoung! You would NOT believe who I got paired up with as my lab partner for chem earlier!" Jinsol was unusually hyper this morning when it hadn't even been 9AM yet. Wasn't she just groaning about dumb het guys chasing after her just yesterday? In the cafeteria?

 

"Was it that quarterback you mentioned yesterday?" Sooyoung was tidying up her usual mess of a locker, not catching the extreme scowl on Jinsol's face at the mention of such a fantastic guy.

 

"What the ? Don't be disgusting Sooyoung, I'd rather settle for you than get excited with a peabrain as my lab partner. And you know how nobody wants you as their lab partner ever since... well-- you know?"

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. "Don't even mention that." She didn't know potassium was that reactive to be fair. She was just following orders from the teacher so it's also slightly his fault for spreading misinformation. Jinsol told her she was insane but she doesn't want to hear that from someone who thinks they can talk to fishes.

 

"But like I was saying, I got Jungeun as my lab partner!!! Kim. ing. Jungeun. The new girl who is hot and chic and very pretty and will likely be my future wife and--"

 

Sooyoung covered Jinsol's blabbing mouth with her free hand. "You have the hots for miss blondie Jinsol, I GET IT."

 

Jinsol wanted to speak but her voice came out muffled since Sooyoung still had her palm over Jinsol's mouth. The blonde was already one step ahead of her because she began to spit on Sooyoung's hands which opted her to quickly pull back. 

 

"What the hell??? Why'd you me?" Sooyoung shouted. Jinsol only poked her tongue out childishly. "Serves you right!"

 

Sooyoung swears her best friend was what? Five years old?

 

But hey, wait a minute... Wasn't Jungeun dating Jiwoo? She merely assumed it but anyone who had a pair of functioning and eyes could easily see the great chemistry the pair had. Would Jinsol really try to win Jungeun's heart even when she already 'belonged' to Jiwoo? A small part of her wished Jinsol would somehow win Jungeun's heart but Jiwoo would then get heartbroken in the process.

 

And she doesn't want to see that ever in her life.

 

She forgot that Jinsol was expecting some sort of response from her.

 

"Well? What do you think?" Jinsol's eyes were expectant.

 

"Uhh... Well..." she had no idea what to say. Maybe something along the lines of 'you need to forget about that hot blonde because she's already going out with my crush'? Gosh, how was she going to break the news without Jinsol feeling completely crushed?

 

"... That's great!" , she's such a coward.

 

"I knew you'd say that!" Jinsol was preparing to enter her daydreaming state. "She's so nice you know? And her perfume was just-- god. And when I made this stupid chemistry pun, she laughed Sooyoung! She laughed at my lame joke!"

 

Oh man. She's got it bad for Jungeun.
This was going to be ugly. She can't even imagine Jinsol fighting Jiwoo over some blonde chick. It was like the equivalent of a fish and and a penguin hitting each other with toy swords. Right now, the problem was Jungeun. Why was she responding to Jinsol's advances so positively? She already had Jiwoo as her girlfriend. What more could she possibly want?

 

'Wait-- no. Let's-- let's just, stop, thinking about Jiwoo every ing second hmm?' Sooyoung thought. She had other things to worry about. For example, Yongguk still hasn't replied to any of her calls and messages these past few days. It's obvious what he was up to but she still can't quite catch him in the act yet. She needed proof in order to break up with him. Sooyoung could always break up over text but she decided that was a bit, too harsh. Even for a jerk like Yongguk. So it was better to do it in person. She was starting to get jitters at the thought of it, and they were not the good kind.

 

*

 

Sooyoung has been frequently seeing Jinsol and Jungeun hanging out ever since they became lab partners. She loved her best friend, even if it would take a million years for her to admit it but honestly. What was Jinsol thinking? Did she think Jiwoo wouldn't be affected by this somehow? Jinsol stealing other people's girlfriends? Not cool.

Anddd Jiwoo was walking towards her for some reason. Why does she feel nervous all of a sudden? It's only been a week since they last talked. What did the younger girl want from her? If she is was looking for Jungeun... she was with Jinsol. She had to cover that up.

 

"Ah, Sooyoungie!--"

 

"I don't know where Jungeun is."

 

Jiwoo halted her steps and blinked once, twice. She scratched her head in confusion.

 

"But I wasn't looking for her...?" she spread out her arms in an inviting manner towards Sooyoung, "I just realised that I haven't chatted with you these days!

 

Oh, so Jiwoo wasn't looking for Jungeun then? But, why did she suddenly care? Was she too occupied with Jungeun until she couldn't spare a quick 'hey!' to Sooyoung? Negative thoughts began to spiral in her mind. But Jiwoo was unaware of this.

 

"But if you already know about Jungeun... then that means you've already met her!" Jiwoo excitedly squeals.

 

Nonononono. Sooyoung only knew about her since Jiwoo was basically joined to the hip with miss blondie 24/7. Oh, and her best friend wouldn't shut up about her as well. So no. She hasn't met Jungeun officially yet.

 

"Isn't she great? I'm so happy she finally got into the same school as me. We're practically inseparable since childhood!"

 

Jiwoo was rubbing it in her face about how fantastic her relationship now hmm? Just because she didn't have that happiness with Yongguk (she's silently thankful that he's a jerk) doesn't mean Sooyoung was okay with it. And the fact that Jiwoo already had her wrapped around her finger... what was she trying to do to her?

 

"She... Um-- Yeah. She's alright." Whatever. As long she didn't mention Jinsol trying to steal Jungeun away from her, everything will be fine. Probably.

 

Jiwoo's eyes were forming on into the half crescents that Sooyoung always found endearing. She was stupid for pining on a taken girl while still struggling to end ties with her boyfriend. Currently, everything in her life was so not working out for her.

 

"I know you've been missing my sick pick-up lines whenever we see each other so I have a whole ton right now I could say to you, ehehehe!" Jiwoo smiled sheepishly as she fiddled with her fingers, avoiding Sooyoung's heavy gaze. Was she being... bashful? But how could she when shameless was practically her middle name? 

 

Well, to be honest... it was refreshing to see a new side of her. How could she be so cute without even trying? And she was staring at Sooyoung... like how she did with Jungeun..

 

Did this mean...

 

--No. She's a master at playing with people's hearts, especially with Sooyoung's. How could she still come up to Sooyoung and try to woo her with her lame pick-up lines like when they first met as if it was nothing? Did she already forget about her girlfriend? 

 

As if. Stop being so confusing.

 

"Okay so here it goes... can you--"

 

"I don't want to hear them anymore, those dumb 'words of love'. Please... just stop." Sooyoung was lying, again. She was downright an ugly hypocrite. Truth to be told, she missed hearing those sweet nothings all day from Jiwoo. She's just being difficult and moody now, the worst combination.

 

But, Jiwoo had a girlfriend. Who isn't her. So, it's not right.

 

If only she wasn't dating Jungeun.

 

"Oh."

 

Why did she sound... sad all of a sudden? Her tone wasn't the cheery one as before. Sooyoung looked up from her feet only to be met with the sight of droopy-eyed Jiwoo. She felt her heart drop.

 

... What? Was she the cause of this?

 

"Of course you wouldn't want to hear them anymore," Jiwoo smiled bitterly, "It gets pretty annoying to hear it everyday, huh?" she let out a chuckle but it felt empty. God, what has Sooyoung done?

 

"Look, you must be busy right? With Yongguk and all? God, I'm sorry-- I'll just... be on my way--"

 

"Wait-- it wasn't annoying to hear, I--'' Sooyoung was desperate to finish her words but Jiwoo had already ran away like she always did. She retracted her hand and just stood there, stunned.

 

"I loved hearing your pick-up lines..." Sooyoung says to no one in particular.

 

How did it end up like this? How did she just mess up, big time? Jiwoo just wanted to talk to her for old time's sake but Sooyoung ended up treating her the opposite of what she wanted to do. She spoke harshly to Jiwoo. What's wrong with her? Why did she always everything? And that hurt expression on Jiwoo was a first for Sooyoung.

 

Stupid, stupid, stupid Sooyoung. Why was it so hard to just remain friends with Jiwoo? They never had anything serious in the first place so why did Sooyoung wanted to complicate things further?

 

Because she didn't want to be 'just' friends with Jiwoo. She wanted to be the one Jiwoo would always think about first in the morning, she wanted to link arms with the younger girl in the hallways where everyone could see them, she wants Jiwoo's bear hugs everyday, her little pecks on the cheek, to be the reason why Jiwoo smiles so brightly every day. She wants to take Jiwoo on little dates and buy her all the clothes and sweets she wanted. Sooyoung would love to spoil her. So in conclusion, Sooyoung wants to be Jiwoo's girlfriend. Oh, how she wished it was her the younger girl was hopelessly in love with, not the other way around.

 

The bell starts to ring. All the students came out of their respective classes and the loud chatter filled up the once empty hallway. She held back the tears which were ready to be spilled at any moment right now. Sooyoung couldn't stand around and do nothing. She had a class to attend.

 

*

Ever since that day, Sooyoung just couldn't find it in herself to smile genuinely anymore. She would go to dance club in the evenings to clear out her thoughts and her worries since she was passionate about dancing. And usually, it'd be enough.

 

Usually. But since her little 'feud' with Jiwoo if that's what people would call, her motivation to dance was no more. She just, couldn't get fired up like she always did. It felt so hard to get even the key points of the Siren choreo, one of her favourite songs by her highly respected sunbae, Sunmi. Her body would move automatically when the first beat drops but now? She was just standing still in front of the mirror like a mannequin. After what it must have been like 5 times of messing up, she finally gave up and grabbed her bottled mineral water and sat down on the floor, back leaning against the mirror. She turned to check her appearance in the mirror but realised that dark circles were already forming under her eyes.

 

"Just what the hell am I doing?" she sighs deeply.

 

"I was thinking the same thing."

 

Sooyoung's ears perked up when she heard such a familiar voice. Kim Hyunjin, one of the members of the dance club and her closest junior, stood right there in front of her.

 

"You haven't really been yourself these past few days, Sooyoung. Something bothering you?" Hyunjin's cat-like eyes were sharp, since she always observed every member's performance in the club to make sure that they weren't slacking off. Well, it was her responsibility as the vice-president but Sooyoung admired those qualities in her. She's still not ready to spill the beans yet, even Jinsol hasn't known yet but who was she kidding? The whole school already knows that Jiwoo and her weren't exactly on talking terms anymore. And Hyunjin being one of Jiwoo's best friends, it'd be impossible not to notice.

 

"Is it about Jiwoo?"

 

Bingo. See what Sooyoung meant?

 

"If you already knew then why bother asking, idiot?" Sooyoung grumbled in frustration, scratching her head.

 

"For confirmation, duh. I wouldn't want to assume things."

 

"Was it that obvious?"

 

Hyunjin rolled her eyes thoughtfully. "Dude, even the disciplinary teacher noticed. He asked me what beef were you guys having and I couldn't even answer him." 

 

That old grump asked about her and Jiwoo? Sooyoung had to admit, that was pretty surprising. Hyunjin decided to plop on the floor, just right beside Sooyoung while wrapping her arms around her knees. She tilted her head at Sooyoung.

 

"Do you... feel like talking about it?"

 

Sooyoung loudly scoffed. What was there to even talk about? The girl already hates Sooyoung's guts, no further explaination needed. The fact that it affected her so much until she couldn't focus on the one thing she loved doing just goes to show how bad she's already fallen for Jiwoo.

 

"There isn't much to say, is there? She hates me. It's official. She doesn't want to see me anymore ever since Jungeun became her girlfriend and what else--"

 

Hyunjin roared in laughter all of a sudden, startling Sooyoung for a split second. The hell, was this laughing at her misery now?

 

"Oh my god, I think one of my lungs just popped," she started to wheeze and Sooyoung just frowned in response by such a rude action from Hyunjin.

 

"I'm s-sorry for laughing Sooyoung, I really am, but do you even hear yourself right now? Jiwoo? Hates you? Jungeun? Dating Jiwoo?" Hyunjin wiped out a stray tear from her eye as she kept chuckling.

 

... Huh? What was she saying? Sooyoung raised her eyebrows, not quite sure on how to make out Hyunjin's weird implications.

 

"I don't really get what you're saying right now..." Hyunjin stared at Sooyoung's dead in the eye. Okay, she was low-key creeped out now.

 

"Just talk to her. Jiwoo. Whatever that's in your mind right now, everything's completely wrong. It's not as what it seems, especially about Jungeun. And I promise you that." Wow, Hyunjin really sounded confident in her words. Could she really trust her junior's words though?

 

"But--"

 

"Do I have to repeat my words twice?"

 

Sooyoung completely lost her train of thought when Hyunjin was literally threatening her. She knew better than to argue with Hyunjin, so, she kept shut and nodded silently. Hyunjin was pleased with Sooyoung's response and patted her back lightly, like how friends usually did.

 

"Good! Just trust me, promise? You'll definitely be in for a surprise. But in a good way of course!"

 

Sooyoung promised her junior. Hyunjin then got up to her feet and waved bye at Sooyoung before continuing on the choreo she made up with Heejin for their duet 'I'll Be There'. Sooyoung was still in a daze.

 

She'll be in for a surprise... but in a good way? What was that supposed to mean? What did the future have in store for her? So many questions went through her head but no answer comes to mind. Maybe it'd be best to call it a day. She packed up all her stuff and let everyone know that she was heading out early than usual. When she pushed the door, the sight before her made her jump.

 

"J-Jinsol? But-- what are you doing here?

 

She had a coy smile plastered on her face. That usually meant trouble and Sooyoung didn't like the sound of it, especially if it involved her best friend. Jinsol grinned triumphantly as held up two tickets which entered Sooyoung's field of vision.

 

"Guess who got herself a date with Jungeun this weekend~?

 

Sooyoung didn't even try to hide her shock, eyes wide and mouth hanging wide open. Sure, she's ecstatic that Jinsol's finally got game for once and wasn't a completely useless lesbian.

 

But she was going on a date with Jungeun. A girl who was already in a committed relationship with Jiwoo. Did the younger girl know what what was happening between the both of them?

 

"D-Did, wait no, does Ji-Jiwoo know about... this?" she hesitantly asked. She knew Jiwoo was the optimistic, happy-go-lucky kind of person but to be so optimistic until the extent of letting your girlfriend freely going on a date with whoever she wants... 

 

That wasn't optimism anymore, it's called being an idiot. Jungeun was cheating on her. 

 

"Chuu? No I don't think she knows yet," Jinsol furrowed her eyebrows after giving it some thought, "But what does it matte if she knows anyways?"

 

Was Sooyoung hearing right? What does it matter? Uh, a hell ton! Jinsol's literally a mistress at this point, what's not clicking??

 

"I thought you'd be happy for me Sooyoung..." Jinsol's lips curved into a pout while she crossed her arms and believe her, Sooyoung wants to be happy for her best friend but the thought of Jiwoo heart breaking--

 

That made her feel devastated. Jiwoo didn't need to be a Sooyoung 2.0, getting cheated on repeatedly by her partner. It was already too late for Sooyoung but there was still time to save Jiwoo from falling into a pit of misery. Jinsol was still standing in front of her, awaiting some sort of response.

 

Wait, this totally feels like déjà vu for some reason.

 

"Sooyoung...?"

 

"I have to go."

 

She pushed the clueless blonde aside and just started to sprint as fast as she could. Jiwoo had every right to know what her 'girlfriend' was doing with Jinsol. Sure, she promised Hyunjin she would talk to Jiwoo soon but she didn't think it'd be this soon. Maybe Jiwoo still doesn't want to see her. Was she stepping out of line since this was none of her business in the first place?

 

Goddammit. So what if it wasn't her business. She wasn't going to let the girl she loves cry ugly tears over a cheating blonde chick. Even if the feeling wasn't mutual, she doesn't give a anymore.

 

She just wants to see Jiwoo keep smiling brightly like the sun does everyday.

 

She had an idea of where Jiwoo might be right now, which was the cafeteria. The only location in the school students were loosed to hang out during evening classes. Still clad in her practice clothes, Sooyoung entered the cafeteria and scanned the whole area for a certain girl with pigtails and an oversized jacket. The whole cafeteria had their eyes on her for some reason and it was slightly discomforting. She didn't have time to change so this was the first time she's shown this much skin to the public, other than the members in the dance club. But that wasn't any of her concern right now.

 

Where was Jiwoo? A head bobbing up and down in the sea air students caught her eye. There she was, sipping from the carton of strawberry milk that was sold at the cafeteria for a dollar each. She was, without a doubt, enjoying each sip of it.

 

Gosh, she was so effin' adorable.

 

Wait, Sooyoung doesn't have time to be gushing over Jiwoo's cuteness! She had to tell the girl that her girlfriend was about to get potentially swept off her feet by another blonde who's this confident lesbian and--

 

Sooyoung takes a deep breath. She marches on over to Jiwoo who was unusually alone. She always had a friend around so this would make Sooyoung's job much easier. She doesn't want to suddenly surprise the younger girl by just going straight up to her and spill everything. Sooyoung creeps up from behind Jiwoo, trying to keep her footsteps light and finally, tapped on Jiwoo's shoulder. Jiwoo almost immediately turned her whole body around to see who had you touched her.

 

"Yes--" Jiwoo froze and stood completely still. Well yeah, that reaction was acceptable. After all, who would've expect Sooyoung to finally talk to her while wearing her practice clothes?

 

"Umm... hey?" Sooyoung had never felt so awkward in her life before. Jiwoo wasn't exactly looking at her face but her eyes were situated elsewhere. Her face was slowly reddening until she could be mistaken as a tomato. Sooyoung was probably the same as Jiwoo, acknowledging the fact that the younger girl was indeed, checking her out.

 

"... Sooyoungie? But-- why are you... I mean--"

 

Jiwoo was flustered. Sooyoung had never seen her so flustered before.

 

"... Huh?"

 

"I have something to tell you." Sooyoung swallowed all her doubts and silently prayed that Jiwoo didn't suddenly made a run for it. Thankfully, she was still too stunned to comprehend the situation (she silently thanked her abs for doing the trick).

 

"I know we haven't talked in a while... which was completely my fault. I really didn't meant those Jiwoo, I-I really liked your pick-up lines actually. They were... c-cute."

 

Jiwoo didn't say anything. She kept silent but her eyes weren't on Sooyoung. Instead, her attention was robbed by something else. What's gotten Jiwoo so focused until she had to completely ignore Sooyoung's apology?

 

"... Jiwoo? What are you looking at--"

 

"W-Wait! Don't look at that!" Jiwoo leaped out from her seat and locked her in a bear hug to divert her attention, which completely threw Sooyoung off guard. Her grip was no joke, Sooyoung felt as if it was a little hard to breathe. Why was so bold all of a sudden?

 

"H-Hey? What are you doing...? As much as she enjoyed getting hugged to death at the moment, it was very weird for Jiwoo to suddenly launch at her and give instructions.

 

"Pl-Please, just-- don't look..." Jiwoo says pleadingly, gripping Sooyoung's crop top tighter which prompted her to thank God right now for letting feel the younger girl's warmth against her skin. But, that aside, she was still curious on what had Jiwoo so reluctant to let her see whatever there was or happening?

 

"Jiwoo, could you... let me go--"

 

"No!!!"

 

A loud slapping noise ringed throughout the cafeteria. Everyone immediately stopped whatever they were doing except for Jiwoo, who was still clutching onto her. The source of it came from some bickering couple in the middle of the place. Somehow, Sooyoung found the male very familiar to Yongguk.

 

Wait--

 

, it was actually Yongguk. So this was what Jiwoo wanted her to stop her from seeing.

 

"I'm nothing but just your side hoe, aren't I? Don't ever come back crawling to me, !"

 

That girl. She was on the cheerleading team if she remembered correctly. And, wasn't she having a long-distance relationship with her boyfriend whom just transferred schools last month. And not to mention they seemed so happy together... who would have thought?

 

Yongguk didn't move from his spot, cussing words under his breath like 'stupid ' and such while rubbing his cheek to somehow ease the pain. Everyone's eyes were on Sooyoung as they exchanged whispers and pitiful looks. Yongguk then only realised that Sooyoung was present in the cafeteria and was alarmed to spot her, at first. However, he quickly changed to his usual 'charming' alter ego.

 

He really was going to walk on over to Sooyoung while pretending that little incident didn't even happen? She was about to break down by being humiliated in public and not to mention Jiwoo witnessed everything as well.

 

"Hi babe~ I didn't know you finished practice early today, why didn't you tell me? And your clothes are simply..." he his lips. Ew ew ew ew this was gross, he was being disgusting as right now and he was about to snake his arm around Sooyoung's waist like he was innocent.

 

She was so ing done with his .

 

"D-Don't you dare--" Sooyoung raised her voice for the first time in public. She didn't care anymore, she was already beyond mortified at this point but the had such a thick skull that she felt it was necessary to knock some sense into it, once and for all.

 

"H-How can you just, nonchantly, pretend that you don't have 4 other girls you're sleeping with, huh? Do I look that stupid to Yongguk? Well, do I???" Sooyoung's voice cracked at the moment those words came out of . She was trying so damn hard to suppress, to hold back these intense feelings of anger and rage all these months to show that she could be better than this. But the amount of she went through because of this stupid excuse of a human, this sick-- bastard. It's all so funny in the end, isn't it? She was going to get clowned by the whole school by the end of the day, she was so sure of it.

 

She was so, so, dumb. She actually believed this kind of guy could bring him some form of happiness? Even after her emotional outburst, Yongguk was still standing like a statue, dumbfounded. Bet he thought this could all be fixed by reaching out his hand and utter empty promises again, didn't he?

 

"H-Hey-- what are you talking about--"

 

She was already over her limit.

 

"Don't ing touch me!" Sooyoung slapped his arm away from landing on her shoulder and glared daggers at his confused, dull eyes. He was still an until the end, huh?

 

Well, good riddance.

 

"We're done. Over. I'm not your p-plaything that you could just, call up any time you felt bored or unsatisfied. Just-- Just, don't talk to me anymore because I sure as hell don't need you in my life after everything you've done to me."

 

Silence began to creep in, anyone not daring to utter a single word or make any slight movement. The only noises that could be heard was Sooyoung's small gasps for breath accompanied with loud sniffles. Tears wouldn't stop streaming down her cheek. She's never heard the cafeteria been so quiet before. Yongguk didn't dare to stare at her face anymore, and settled for her shoes, his eyes filled with guilt and shame. Sooyoung knew he wasn't going to apologise because that was just the kind of guy he was. He put his sense of pride before anything else.

 

Sooyoung wiped her remaining tears with her arm and wished she could run away to another country or anywhere people wouldn't recognize her. But life wasn't that simple.

 

She glanced around to find what faces the crowd had and it was no surprise. Pity. Sympathy. The usual. As if she just got kicked to the curb. Could they stop this already? And her eyes even dared to stray to Jiwoo's face, already regretting her decision to do so when she saw Sooyoung as if she was the most pitiful being. 

 

Jiwoo was just the same as them. Why couldn't she have happiness, just for one day? Jiwoo still kept silent and Sooyoung hated it. Despised it all. She began to run wherever her feet brought her, just not that cafeteria.

 

But, she still hasn't told Jiwoo about what Jungeun and Jinsol had planned... and she didn't even get the chance to make up with her yet. Jiwoo was going to get her heart broken but it could've been avoided if Sooyoung just told her earlier. But, how could she try to mend other people's hearts when she had neglected her own?

 

She kept on running until she reached her secret, safe place just so she could bawl and cry all her misery out until there were no tears left in her. Maybe she wasn't cut out for love. Who would want someone as selfish as her? (maybe not as selfish as Yongguk but you get the gist of it).

 

Jiwoo wouldn't want her after what went down in the cafeteria, that's for sure. And the thought of that made her tears overflow all over again--

 

And again.

 

And again.

 

A/N

Sry this took so long to update but school has been hectic :/ And this chap was v boring as well so I'm double srry :(  BUT THE NEXT CHAP IS GONNA BE FILLED WITH FLUFF SO DON'T WORRY!