The Start of It All

Yes or Yes

"Anybody mind to tell me..."

The harsh blow of wind bringing along hot air and debris with it made the tall girl standing under the shades of a storefront squints her eyes. Her hand instinctively shields her eyes, preventing the dust from destroying her lenses. After the wind ceased, the tall girl with the pitch black-hair glares at her two companions.

"What in the ing are we doing here?"

The wooden sign on top of the tall beauty's head sways in the winds, spelling words that made even Chou Tzuyu of TWICE shivers in dread. It was not that she was afraid, no. In fact, she was more concerned about her two best friends' mental condition for they had dragged her to accompany them to this shady (that was an understatement) booth at the corner of South Korea.

Tzuyu raises her head to take a better look at the sign over her head.

Santet MissQueen Magic Practitioner

Specializes in voodoo, witchcraft, potion making, etc.

100% success guaranteed

"Why are we here?!" Tzuyu points accusingly at the sign, eyes never leaving her fellow maknaes who are grinning at her. "What are we going to do here? Cursing someone? And how the did you guys get any information regarding this place?!"

Chaeyoung shakes her head, and her shoulders, and her waist, and she's practically wiggling in the middle of the shadowy alley between all the tall buildings. "Nah, we're going to play cupid."

The tallest yet youngest of the three returns to the sign, squinting her eyes to once more read over the words printed there. "I don't see anything related with playing cupid."

"Read carefully," Dahyun chimes in, tugging Tzuyu's chin to make her looks a bit lower. And Tzuyu steps closer to try to read the almost erased letterings at the corner of the sign.

P.s. We can make people fall in love, too ;)

The winking emoji was what threw Tzuyu off.

"Okay, you girls dragged me here," she turns to her friends, hands on her waist as she scowls, deeply. "Now be honest. Why?"

"Tzuyu, my Chewy, my maknae," Dahyun starts, latching herself on Tzuyu's arm, hanging. "Aren't you sick of all of this?"

"Of you?"

"How dare you being sick of your unnies," the shortest of the three gasps with her hand placed above her chest. "Though, to be honest, I'm also sick of our unnies."

"You literally just contradict yourself."

"No, it's true. We're sick of our unnies," the oldest follows, head moving up and down as an act of agreement. "Aren't you, Tzuyu?"

Tzuyu groans. "You have to be more specific on what thing am I supposed to be sick of."

"Can't you feel it, Tzu?!" Chaeyoung suddenly hollers, arms moving wildly in some random gestures as she tries to convey her feelings to her fellow maknae. "Our unnies– the thick, dense, suffocating atmosphere every time they look at each other?! Every fleeting touch, every gazes that linger, every shy smile they send each other, no matter even if we're on camera or off of it?"

The maknae's eyes are wide with surprise at the older's action. "I... don't think I understand."

"THE !" Dahyun slaps Tzuyu's arm with such force the Taiwanese coils in pain. "Don't you feel it?!"

"Between who exactly?"

"Jeong-unnie and Nayeon-unnie!" TWICE's main rapper yells.

"Momo-unnie and Mina-unnie, too!" the lead rapper follows. "And it's getting stronger by each days passing!"

Tzuyu takes a step back in case her unnies are going to pounce on her.

"It's always been there from the beginning," Chaeyoung explained further, clawing her face in frustration. "Since our debut. Since Sixteen... hell, even since our trainee days! It's always been there!"

Dahyun continues right after Chaeyoung finished. "And they– they did ing nothing to solve it! They just– they were just being silent for all the time despite the– the– ugh! They're so goddamn insufferable!"

Tzuyu her chest to remind herself to stay calm.

"And– and the bedroom eyes! Why don't they do something about it!" Chaeyoung speaks again. "Oh God, why can't they just kiss each other and maybe devour each other already. Or make out on a tree and make y babies together. But noooooo they don't. How could they be satisfied with all the hanging up in the air?!"

"Even our ONCEs see that!" Dahyun claimed while stomping her feet to the ground. "They just have to do one– tiny thing which is coming to terms with their feelings and confess! That's easy as heck!"

Tzuyu is really starting to consider to take the two older girls to a psychiatrist.

"Girls, come on," she sighed, already feeling the impending headache of having to deal with the two eccentric girls. "Maybe our unnies have their own problems. I mean, we all know that Jeongyeon-unnie and Nayeon-unnie were being forbidden by JYP-nim to date each other.  Maybe Momo-unnie and Mina-unnie, too?"

Dahyun makes a strangled sound at that. "But that was before the dating ban lift! They're free to date anyone now!"

"Besides, even before the dating ban lift, Dahyun-unnie and I have no trouble in convincing JYP-nim to let us date each other!" Chaeyoung insists, wrapping her arms around her slightly taller girlfriend to emphasize her point.

Tzuyu rolls her eyes. "Of course he would when you blackmailed him for a month straight."

"Exactly! That was our effort, Chewy," Dahyun confirms while nodding eagerly. "And that was what our unnies lacking in. 'Effort' with a capital E!"

The maknae ponders her words for a while before answering her friends again. "Maybe... they are afraid of how the people would react? If they somehow were caught dating each other?"

Chaeyoung was quick to counter. "Nonsense! Jihyo-unnie literally hooked up with that Canadian bonsai–"

"It's Seungwan-unnie."

"–and made her relationship known! They received nothing but support from our fans!"

Tzuyu sighed again. Veeeeeeeryyyyy slowly.

"We can't suffer all the time in being audiences, Tzu," this time, Dahyun grips Tzuyu's hand between hers and looks at the younger girl with hopeful eyes. "We can do something. We have to do something."

"Do something, like–" Tzuyu gestures at the shop beside her. "–what? Giving them love potion so they can screw each other?"

"That!" Chaeyoung almost screams but stops. "Is actually pretty nice. But we don't want that! We want them to recognize their feelings on their own. It would be much genuine and sweet, don't you think so?"

The maknae rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Well if according to me, the fastest way would be drugging them to have with each other and in the morning, they'll be like 'Oh God, I just had and it felt so good. OMG I love her already before and I love her more now'. Voila, problem solved."

When Tzuyu opens her eyes after sighing, she found the two shorter girls staring at her in both disgust and disbelief.

"What?"

Chaeyoung takes a step back. "Oh God... Tzu, I'd never expect..–"

Tzuyu groans for the n-th time this day. "Okay, look. You guys should really stop thinking like I'm your baby because I'm clearly not. I'm a capable young adult and it's not that strange if I'm thinking that way."

Silence for a few seconds until Dahyun gasps.

"So that's why we've been hearing you calling Sana-unnie in your sleep for the past few months."

The maknae chokes on her own spit.

"WHAT!"

"Wahhh," Chaeyoung nods, face in a faux innocence as if she just discovered something. "Wonder if that has anything to do with that."

Tzuyu's expression could only be described as pure horror.

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO–"

"Maybe, Chae," the older rapper links her arm with her girlfriends', humming while her chin. "Our maknae's been dreaming naughty about our middle Japanese, hm?"

"I SWEAR THOSE WERE NOTHING BUT PURE AND FLUFFY–"

"I do think so, unnie," wearing an amused expression, Chayeoung watches as Tzuyu's complexion turned nine shades paler. "You think... someone's been crushing on Sana-unnie to the point of dreaming of her in daily basis, ne?"

At this point of the conversation, Tzuyu is already kneeling on the ground.

"Please don't tell her anything I beg of you I wouldn't have any more dignity left to face her if you tell her please unnie please," Tzuyu pleads wholeheartedly to her two unnies in hope that her little secret won't be out in the open.

But by the smirk on Dahyun and Chaeyoung's faces, she knows she's doomed.

"Who knows that our choice of reinforcement today is actually one of the problem, unnie, hmmm???" Chaeyoung smiles, evilly it almost make Tzuyu cry.

"I think I might reconsider using the love potion to them and her, right?" Dahyun giggles and Tzuyu shakes her head in panic. "What do you think, Chae?"

"NO! Please don't!" Tzuyu scrambles to wrap her arms around the two's waist, burying her face to their hips. She wails as she looks up to her unnies in a pleading manner. "Unnie, please, no. I'll– I'll help with your mission but please don't make me a part of your target, too!"

"Why not?"

"Because," the maknae slumps on the ground, hopeless. "Because we all know that our unnies love each other. But Sana-unnie– Sana-unnie doesn't love me. In that way, I mean. She only thinks of me as her little sister and–"

Chaeyoung and Dahyun are both staring at Tzuyu in rapt attention.

Gulping, Tzuyu finishes her sentence as she sadly hugs herself. "I don't want to ruin our sisterly bond with my own selfish feelings."

Their gazes turn into that of pity.

"Oh, Chewy," Dahyun hugs Tzuyu back, soothing the younger girl by patting her back. "It's alright. There's still plenty of time. Feelings can change, right? You should never give up!"

"Yeah, Chewy!" Chaeyoung ruffles Tzuyu's hair despite the latter's protest. "It's okay! I believe one day Sana-unnie will fall in love with you, too!"

Tzuyu is laughing bitterly but nods nonetheless. "Yeah I hope so."

Right after Tzuyu finishes, there's a strong blow of wind that slammed the shop's door beside them open. The three maknaes immediately jumped to their feet, wary and slightly afraid, when a hushed voice resounds from the dark inside the shop.

"I've listened... and I've understood your dilemma..."

Looking at each other in horror, the three instinctively hug each other with Dahyun squished in between.

"Come inside... so you might find your remedy..."

As if being pulled with an unseen force, they step inside the hut, despite the anxiety still clawing at the back of their mind. When they push past the purple curtains hanging from the roof, the first thing they see is a table, covered in a black cloth. Standing on top of the table is a golden-maned cat with distinctive blue eyes, its blown pupil staring coldly at the three approaching guests.

Then suddenly, a hand shots from the darkness to caress the cat's fur, almost making Dahyun screams and Chaeyoung faints.

"Hello."

Cue the candles surrounding them to lit themselves on fire. Tzuyu lets out a shriek as she moves closer to Chaeyoung and Dahyun, with Dahyun already weak in Chaeyoung's embrace while the shorter girl herself was not that strong either. The light from the fire brighten the hut, showing them a woman dressed in a black cloak, eyes sharp like that of the cat on the table, holding a clear vial filled with pink liquid.

"I have the thing that you want," the woman speaks with her hushed voice, waving the vial in her hand as if to tempt the girls to snatch it.

"H-how do you know that we need it?" Chaeyoung tilts her chin to gesture at the vial.

"I've foreseen your arrival. And so I've prepared everything for you beforehand," she nods her head solemnly, placing the vial on the table. "Take it. I promise you'll be satisfied."

Being the tallest one, Tzuyu sacrifices herself to utilize her long arms and takes the vial. "Okay, thanks. Ummm how do we–"

"Put the vial on your room, don't let anyone know," Tzuyu clams shut at the woman's words. "Open the cap, don't let the essence be spilled."

"How are we supposed to–"

"At seven a.m sharp, tomorrow," the woman cuts Tzuyu again. "You'll get your answer."

"How about the–"

"Success is the only payment I need."

"I have ques–"

"Goodbye."

The woman's farewell was followed by another blow of strong wind to the maknaes' faces. They shut their eyes in case any debris gets into their eyes, straining their ears past the violent whirl to listen to anything, except the faint meow of the cat from behind the wind.

The wind subsided after a long 30 seconds. Dahyun was the first to open her eyes, and she gasps as she notices that they're already standing in the middle of the dim alley earlier, with no sign of the woman or the wind or even the shop.

"What?" she scoffs. "Was that a dream?"

But Tzuyu breaks her speculation by raising the vial in her hand. "I don't think so."

Silence.

Chaeyoung shivers as a creepy sensation went through her body. "Okay, step one done. What are we going to do, now?"

"I think it would be best if we follow the magician's–" Dahyun cringes as she said that. "–instruction. Put the vial on our room, open the cap, and tomorrow morning we'll get our answer?"

"That's a good idea. Besides, it's not like we have anything better to do than that," Tzuyu sighs.

"Okay, then," Chaeyoung raises her arms up, stretching, then pulls Dahyun's wrist who instinctively pulls Tzuyu with her. "Home, and we'll find out tomorrow whether that magician is legit or not."

###

Sun was barely up when a sole girl enters the dorm's kitchen, yawning and rubbing her face to erase the evidence of sleep. She stretches once before taking a glass from the shelf, pouring herself warm water from the thermos and drinks the liquid slowly. A pair of arms wrapped around her slim waist just after she finishes her drink and she laughs, already recognizing the sleepy mumble her companion is making.

"Morning, Nabongs."

"Mowniiingg Jeongyeonnieee..." Nayeon yawns against the taller girl's back, backing out slowly as the younger girl starts moving to make some other beverages. She sat down on one of the dining chairs, gratefully accepting the glass of warm water placed in front of her by the younger.

"How's your sleep?" as she comes more awake, Nayeon sips her drink and throws a question to Jeongyeon.

The girl in question just laughs, answering Nayeon's question while continuing her activity of making some tea for everyone. "Momo kicked me thrice last night. But she was so tired from yesterday's practice so I'll let her off the hook today."

Nayeon unconsciously shudders at the mention of practice. "Ah, yes, that gruesome practice. Thank God our manager gave us a day off, huh?"

Jeongyeon grins. "Mhm, looking forward in spending the day for lazing around doing nothing!"

Both stopped talking for a while after that, opting to indulge themselves in the comfortable silence. Jeongyeon busies herself with making some pancakes while Nayeon is content enough in sipping her water, at times staring at the younger's back with a longing gaze.

The oldest member of TWICE sighs, turning her eyes back to her glass just in time as the other two members walk through the kitchen door. Sana squeals as she caught sight of tea on the countertop, immediately placing a grateful kiss to Jeongyeon's cheek before the older girl even notices her presence. Jeongyeon who was surprised shrieks and jumps away from Sana only to hit her back on the shelf.

"Sana!" Jeongyeon exclaimed loudly, rubbing her sore back while glaring at Sana. "God, how many times do I have to tell you not to do that!"

"Sowryyy!" the Japanese giggled adorably, clutching her teacup close to her chest as she blows on the hot beverage. "Thank you for the tea, unnie! I love you so much!"

Jeongyeon only rolls her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, sure. Now sit down I'm making y'all some pancakes."

Sana cheers at that, then obediently sat down on the seat adjacent to Jihyo. The leader mumbled a sleepy greeting with her eyes still closed. She opens her eyes when she hears another loud yawn from the doorway, watching Momo walking around groggily to get herself a drink. Jeongyeon gave her a new cup of tea and Momo mutters a soft thank you as she leans on the kitchen island.

"Right, the pancakes are done!" placing the plates on the table, Jeongyeon grins as her members all mouthing gratitude to her, some a bit more sleepy than the other. She turns to her roommate who was slightly more awake, nudging her to the doorway before Momo even able to taste the pancake.

"No, you wake Mina and the maknaes first," Jeongyeon says as she pushes Momo further away from food.

Momo wails, sadly, arms reaching futilely at the pancakes on the table. "Whyyyyyyy.... I'm hungryyyyyy...."

"No reason. Just go," Jeongyeon pushes Momo hard until the Japanese stumble on her feet, giggling at Momo's annoyed mumble even though she obeys the older's instruction.

Momo saunters around the furniture, making a beeline to the largest bedroom in the dorm. The door was wide open and Momo invites herself in, plopping down on the bundle of blanket at the bed on the corner. There's a faint moan from below her, irked by the additional weight, but Momo couldn't be more careless and starts rolling around while hugging the figure under her.

"Wake uuuuuppppp Mitaaaaaang wake uuuupppp," Momo talks to the girl wrapped by the thick blanket, playfully biting at the places she thinks as Mina's head or shoulders. She hears Mina whining at the disturbance but she doesn't relent. "Come oonnn Mitang we have pancakeeeeeeeesss!!"

An arm shows up from the mess of the blanket to slap Momo's waist repeatedly. Laughing, Momo unwraps the blanket to uncover the sleepy penguin, scowling at the intruder that wakes her up from her beauty sleep. Momo only grins at Mina, nuzzling the crook of her neck and places a chaste kiss at the pale skin.

"Good morning sunshine," the dancer giggles as the girl below her sighs and wraps her free arm around Momo's back.

"Good morning, Momoring," Mina smiles sleepily, shivering when Momo breathes to her neck. "That tickles."

"At least that wakes you up!" Momo laughs and she slides down from the bed, pulling Mina until the penguin sits up. She waits patiently as Mina collects herself while rubbing her face with her knuckles.

Momo feels her heart melts at the adorable gesture Mina is making.

"Are the others already up?" the younger asks suddenly, surprising the older.

Momo coughs awkwardly but shakes her head. "Nah, the maknaes are all still asleep. We have to wake them."

"Okay," Mina nods, pushing her blanket aside to follow Momo to the three maknaes' bedroom. Momo doesn't need to knock as she opens the wooden door, immediately grimacing at the sharp scent filling the room.

"What the heck, what kinda new aromatherapy are they using?" Momo winces as she notices Mina frowning too. She ignores the scent as she approaches the bed nearest to her, forcefully pulling the blanket from the curling tiger cub.

Momo grins as she pulls the blanket, yelling for the whole world to hear. "RISE AND SHINE, CHAEYOUNG!!"

Only to be answered by a shrill cry of a tiny, fragile, and completely unfamiliar baby.

"BY THE NAME OF GODJIHYO WHAT THE !"

.

.

.

.

.

Someone's POV

 

Ugh.

I repeat.

Ugh.

What is happening?

My head throbs as if I was just hit by a truck straight to my face. My body feels hot, burning even, and I might or might not have a fever. I shiver under the blanket that covers my whole body. Lucky me, my blanket is warm enough so the cold air from my surrounding won't reach my skin. I should have been awake, I remember Jeongyeon-unnie promised yesterday that she's going to cook us some pancakes for breakfast. I would love some pancakes.

But first, I have to get rid of all this excruciating sensation all over my body.

Am I sick? Maybe I am.

Then I heard my bedroom door being opened, and by the distinct sound of the footsteps, I already know that those belong to Momo-unnie and Mina-unnie.

"What the heck, what kinda new aromatherapy are they using?"

Same, unnie, same. So we kinda followed the magician's instruction and we put the vial with its cap open inside our room, but what we didn't know was how it smells like lavender (pretty nice, actually) but with a very strong scent. The mosquitoes hate it but we hate it too because we literally have to cover our noses so our nerves won't die because of how strong it is.

By the way, I was about to wiggle my way out of my blanket when someone (Momo-unnie, I believe, Mina-unnie won't do any barbaric things she usually does) yanked it off my body.

"RISE AND SHINE, CHAEYOUNG!!"

I cried at the sudden leaving of warmth surrounding me, but not even I myself recognize the high pitched scream pouring out of my mouth. I open my eyes in shock to find my two Japanese unnies staring at me as if I grew another head.

"BY THE NAME OF GODJIHYO WHAT THE !"

Momo-unnie yelled with a horrified expression and the first instinct that came to my brain was to cry.

I don't know why the heck am I wanted to cry, but crying was what I exactly do after Momo-unnie's loud yell. I saw Mina-unnie panicking and Momo-unnie is literally hyperventilating, but when I try to sit up from my bed, I found out that I can't.

My confusion stopped my crying as I try–keyword, try–to push myself off of the bed. But the only thing I could do is patting my bed weakly.

What the heck?

Okay so now I'm also panicking, and as another wave of anxiety flows through my system, I cry again.

This is embarrassing. Why am I crying excessively today? Look, it's not that I want to cry over this simple matter, but seriously, the only thing I could think now is how I should cry, how I should make any of these two idiots standing before me to hug me and– wait a minute.

What did I just–

"Oh, Chaenggie," Mina-unnie was the first to snap out of her stupor, and by any questionable force out there, she easily picks me up to her arms and cradles me close to her chest.

I sob.

Wow, now. This is not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to hook her up with Momo-unnie but why am I the one having my face squished to her s? It's not like I'm protesting. I mean every titty are soft including hers, and I love (though I actually prefer Dahyun-unnie's, thank you very much, she's my girlfriend for God sake) but then I realize something that is not supposed to be possible.

How the heck is Mina-unnie able to hug my entire body and lift me?

I struggle to turn my head to look at my surrounding, and I notice Momo-unnie already standing beside Mina-unnie, staring at me confusedly while cooing something I don't understand.

My eyes caught sight of the full-body mirror near Tzuyu's bed, and it feels as if my eyeballs are about to pop out of its sockets when I see our reflection.

So let me tell you what it is.

What I see is Mina-unnie, standing, cradling a baby in her arms and staring at the miniature human with both love and confusion, accompanied by Momo-unnie who is equally confused, humming a song I barely notice now as a nursery rhyme.

While the baby itself is staring right back at me, as I stare at it, as I slowly come to term that the baby in the mirror is in the exact location and situation as I am, as I slowly come to realize that I am the baby in the mirror.

As domestic and fluffy and heartwarming as the view is, the only thing registered in my brain is that I, Son Chaeyoung, 20 years old, just turned into a baby and is now being cradled by my own unnie.

I look up at Mina-unnie's face, questions running through my mind as another primal instinct kicked in.

"WAAAAAAA!!!!"

###

And so, it all comes to this.

It's only been about ten minutes since Momo-unnie and Mina-unnie woke me up, and currently, I'm laying on my bed under the scrutinizing and confused glare from my unnies. I know already that they don't know that I can understand their speech and that I'm still thinking like how my twenty years old self would, though I can't really talk, so I decided that I'll act like a regular baby until I return back to my real body.

That, if I can really return.

I shiver unconsciously at the thought of having to relive the pain of growing up with a mind of an adult, but I have to keep faith in the magician not to keep me like this forever.

I mean, she's able to turn me into a baby, why can't she do the opposite?

"Okay," I hear Jihyo-unnie sighs. Ooohhh... the talk is already starting. "So what is happening here?"

I force myself to observe and I can see Mina-unnie hiding behind Momo-unnie, who is shaking her head frantically, hands up as Jihyo-unnie is sending pointed look to the both of them.

"We swear we don't know! Mitang and I came to their room to wake them up but we found them like this!" Momo-unnie is on the defense, fellas.

Oh, yeah, and by them Momo-unnie said before? Rightt.. I'm not the only one turned into a baby.

I look over to my right, finding a smol Tzuyu looking at me curiously. While on my right, Dahyun-unnie is wearing a (._.) expression as she watches the conversation our elder unnies are making.

Hey, unnie.

And have I told you that we can communicate, telepathically? How cool is that, huh?

Yes, Chewy?

Baby Tzuyu on my left sighs.

What are we going to do, now?

I shrug.

I don't know? Watch?

Jihyo-unnie is already crouching on the floor holding her head after only a few moments I avert my attention from her. No doubt she's having a headache (maybe even to the point of vertigo) over our condition. Ha, to be her. Leaders have it rough. At least today is a day-off so at least we don't have to tell our managers and our choreographer that the maknaes can't participate because of a really questionable reason.

Guys, I have an idea

Dahyun-unnie's voice from my side caught my attention.

What is?

Why don't we use this chance to hook them up?

I blink. Tzuyu blinks. Dahyun-unnie scowls.

Wait, what? How?

Well, we're babies. We can just force them to pair up and take care of us for the rest of the day

Hey, that's actually pretty genius!

I'm sooo onboard!

Yeah, now we just have to talk about who is going to be whose baby!

That's right, but seriously. I'm already confused about who is who in this conversation

Ugh, you're right. We can only talk by our mind we don't know who is talking anymore

Don't you guys recognize my voice tho

Nah. It's basically just a buzz in my mind. We should do something about it

Do what exactly?

Do... hmmm. Ah, I know! TARA!

WOAH! Chaenggie how could you do that!

What? What? How is that possible?!

Just concentrate enough and let your soul pour into your mind and speech

Those are big words from such a small creature

WATCH YOUR MOUTH MAKNAE

Hey! I can do it, too!

Not fair! I can't do that!

It's because you don't have a soul, Tzu

If only I could move further than this place I swear I'm going to strangle you

Wohoooo... scary... kekekeke

Ugh, fine. Whatever. I'm staying black

Hey, now, don't be sad. Here, I'm giving you my blessings

YO HOW THE HELL–

Okay, stop it. We should talk about the more important thing

Right. So who's going to do who?

I'm going to do Dahyun-unnie :3

Wrong answer. Strike one

Strike what?

If you reach strike three by the end of this discussion I'm going to burn your sketchbooks

SUGAR HONEY ICE TEA!

HAHAHAHA BURN!!!

Strike one too for you, Tzu

Oh

Back to topic, I think I'm going to try to match up Jeongyeon-unnie and Nayeon-unnie

Oh, then I'm gonna do­–

MIMO IS MINE!

HEY!

I'M THE SELF PROCLAIMED CAPTAIN OF THE MIMO SHIP BOW DOWN TO ME

THAT'S UNFAIR AS UNNIE! YOU SHOULD LET TZUYU CHOOSE!

YEAH I'M THE MAKNAE! AS THE OLDER YOU SHOULD GIVE ME A CHOICE

STRIKE TWO FOR YOU CHAEYOUNG AND TZUYU

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Hey that rhymes

NO GOD NO!

Hey, Tzu you should have been grateful to me I let you be under Sana-unnie's care

ASDFGHJKL

You'll be able to feel her ies when she hugs you

I'M NOT A ERT LIKE YOU ARE!

Says the girl having wet dreams almost all night

I TOLD YOU THOSE AREN'T–

Awww... Tzuyu is blushing~~

YOU GUYS ARE TRAITORS. TRAITORS I SAY

As we continue bickering in our mind, our unnies are also having their own conversation. When I heard Jihyo-unnie sighing heavily, I shush the other two to listen to their options. Sana-unnie groans and she massages the bridge of her nose as she looks over to the three of us.

"We can't tell our managers about this. We have to solve it on our own."

Bingo, unnie.

"But how?" Jeongyeon-unnie is ruffling her hair in frustration. It's okay, unnie, it will pass. "We can't just let them all alone here!"

HEY CHAEYOUNG THAT'S YOUR CUE!

WOAH HERE I COME!

GO FOR IT UNNIE!

Just after Jeongyeon-unnie said that, I raise my hands to the air and yell as loud as I can. "Dadaa!!"

As expected, all the adults in the room whip their head to me when I screech. I focused my eyes on Jeongyeon-unnie, giggling while still waving my arms in the air. I see her face softens at the same I see her heart melts at my cuteness. Hah, the joy of being such a smol maknae.

She stands up from her seat to take me into her arms, and despite everything, I sense warmth from her hold and I willingly, almost instinctively, curl to her to nuzzle my face to her chest. So this is what babies feel when their parents hold them. So warm, so safe, it feels like I don't want to leave, ever. Sad that we lose our memories of our very first years so we can't remember how it feels when we're actual babies.

Ugh, and now I'm getting sentimental.

"Girls, I think we should take care of them," Jihyo-unnie says after quite a long silence. I giggle in Jeongyeon-unnie's hold while my current guardian nods eagerly.

"Sure, let's make this a team of two for each baby," Jeongyeon-unnie smiles at me after the others' approval and hereeee comes cupid Chaeyoung!!

THEY WALKED RIGHT INTO OUR TRAP!

VERY NICE UNNIE KEEP IT UP!

I heard Dahyun-unnie and Tzuyu cheering me but I decided to ignore them. Instead, I raise my hand to pat at Jeongyeon-unnie's cheeks. She giggles, and I swear I'm not the only one whose heart is melted at the cute laugh she is making.

"Chaenggiee..." she cooes, and I could literally witness the moment my members all turned into mushy beings. "Hey, you want to be with me, right?"

"Daa!"

"Well, I can't do this on my own," she smiles again, then turns her body so I can look at the other members before us. "Now you choose your mama for the day. Anyone you have in mind?"

Dahyun-unnie and Tzuyu are screaming.

I take my time to act as if I'm choosing between the five of them, though I already have my target in mind. I grin and laugh as I gaze at Jeongyeon-unnie, who smiles questioningly at me, then I reach out to the one and only bunny of the group.

"Mamaa!!"

The atmosphere froze when I said that and I cringe at the apparent stiffness that made way into Jeongyeon-unnie's body, but I force myself to keep my acting. I still wave my arms to Nayeon-unnie's direction to make her notice me, but she is already looking at Jeongyeon-unnie with an unreadable expression.

Holy e was that hurt I saw flashing in her eyes?

"Oh, umm..." Jeongyeon-unnie coughs awkwardly. "So... you choose her, huh?"

I turn back to her, mustering the best innocence I could have. "Da?"

WHY DOES THIS FEELS SO AWKWARD I WANT TO KILL MYSELF RIGHT NOW–

Tears welling up in my eyes as I think that I've done something really bad. Jeongyeon-unnie seems a bit scared when I sob, unable to dam the heavy feeling in my chest.

"Uuuu.. uuu..."

My voice sounds hideous so I cry louder. I feel Jeongyeon-unnie's hand rubbing my back to calm me down but I can't stop my crying, at least until another pair of arms take me from her embrace. I hear the different, lighter, softer voice soothing my ears. I try to look through my tears and I found Nayeon-unnie, her expression serene as she cradles me close to her chest, letting me listen to her steady, even heartbeat.

"There, there, Chaenggie," Nayeon-unnie whispers, kissing my cheeks repeatedly to wipe my tears. I whimper at the loving gesture, burying my head deeper to her chest as I grip her shirt tightly. "You don't have to cry. I'm here. I'm here."

There's a slight pause before I feel Jeongyeon-unnie's hand caressing my head. "We're here. We're here. It's alright. Come on, smile? Smile for me?"

Her expression is so funny and I end up laughing. She sighs after that and kisses my forehead once. I feel my chest contracting with how lovely this feels to me, how domestic and how I don't want this to end. I want to drown in their love.

"Ooookay," my eyes twitched when the tender moment was cracked by Jihyo-unnie's voice.

Ah, there goes my sentiment, flown with the wind.

"So you girls are going to take care of Chaeyoung for the day, okay?"

Nayeon-unnie nods. "Yeah, sure."

HELL YES!

Great acting, Chaeyoung-unnie. I almost thought those tears were real

Hey those were real, okay. I was scared as when I thought Nayeon-unnie was gonna refuse

Oh wow

Eh, you know she won't refuse. You're basically their child already even before this

Truer words have never been spoken before

Well it's kinda complicated now. Let's hope I won't ruin their relationship further with this

Right. Oh, it's my turn now!

I missed the moment Dahyun-unnie appeals to our next target, as the next thing I see is Mina-unnie already holding her in her embrace, rocking her slightly. I'm sure I not the only one who was stunned by how motherly she looks like, smiling her signature gummy smile while booping Dahyun-unnie's round nose.

I look to my left to Momo-unnie, and by the dazed look in her eyes, I know she's actually struggling not to roll around the room clutching her heart while crying and screaming "KAWAAIIII.." to the moon.

Dahyun-unnie, just like me before, turns to Momo-unnie and starts flailing her arms around. Momo-unnie takes the cue to hesitantly reaching out to Dahyun-unnie's hair. She giggles at the soft touch and it made her two chosen guardians chuckle as well.

Awww, they're so cute and so dramaless it makes my heart goes uwu.

"Mitang and I are going to take care of you today, cutie," Momo-unnie says between her laugh and Mina-unnie blushes.

"Yeah, we'll take care of you, Dahyunnie.." Mina-unnie speaks as well, pressing her lips to Dahyun-unnie's temple.

DID ANY OF YOU SEE THAT WOY THAT'S SO CUTE I'M–

UNNIE CALM THE DOWN

No use, Tzu. She's already in cloud nine

HOE YES I'M SHIPPING MY OWN UNNIES CAN'T THEY JUST GET MARRIED ALREADY RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW MY POOR HEART CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE–

She's broken

She's broken alright

"So does this means that Tzuyu is minee???"

WHAT IN THE NANI–

Nayeon-unnie turns and her movement allows me to take a look at Tzuyu. Sana-unnie is already playing with feet with a very happy expression. I believe Tzuyu is really overwhelmed because her crush literally just stated that she is hers. Our maknae is just laying there with a blank stare while Sana-unnie excitedly moving her limbs around.

TZUYU ARE YOU OKAY

I'm in heaven... guys... say my farewell to my family and Gucci...

NO DON'T DIE JUST YET–

"Technically, she's going to be under our care," Jihyo-unnie cuts in as she Tzuyu's arm. "But if you want to take care of her, I'll just help when it's necessary."

Sana-unnie cheers and hugs Jihyo-unnie once before she lifts Tzuyu. "You're the best, Ji! I'll make sure that Tzuyu is in good hands!"

That squirrel immediately kisses Tzuyu's cheek after that, giggling on her skin as she inhales the baby scent. "Awww... mommy will make sure that you're having fun for the rest of the day!"

I'm glad Tzuyu doesn't just blissfully faint.

"Now that it's all settled," Jeongyeon-unnie clears so closely to me I almost feel her chest rumbling. "I don't think we can stay here. All of us, I mean. It's going to be a total chaos if we all stay with three babies with us. We can return back to the dorm at night once the babies are asleep."

"I agree with Jeong," Nayeon-unnie nods. "Now that I've been thinking. My family are all out of the house to visit a family friend. I think we can stay there for today, Jeong."

"Sure thing, Nabongs."

"Ohhh, if that's the case..." Momo-unnie adds. I was surprised to see her already has Dahyun-unnie perched on her shoulders. "Mitang, can we go to the apartment your parents usually use when they visit Korea? Satang and Jihyo can take the dorm."

"O-okay," awww Mina-unnie is so shy. "We can leave now, if you want."

Momo-unnie grins and she hugs Mina-unnie. "Perfect! Let me prepare some stuff first."

With that, our main dancer dashed out of the room with Dahyun-unnie still holding her hair tightly. Mina-unnie follows quietly, and soon enough my little *cough*family*cough* moved out on their own.

I waved Tzuyu goodbye in secret so the other won't notice, but even Tzuyu doesn't notice me because she's too occupied in Sana-unnie.

Oh, well.

I should just focus myself on the task of mending Nayeon-unnie and Jeongyeon-unnie's relationship.

I grin, already forming the grand plan in my mind.

Today's gonna be soo much fun.

 

Chaeyoung's POV : end

 

To be continued...