Cinderella

Closing the Gap Between Us

Knetizen-trans: 'Secretly Greatly' EXID Hani, Taking Care of Members Even  During A Hidden Camera

Use these to visualize the scenario below. This is how Hani looked in the scene.  

 

...September 2015...

"Hi, may I take your order please?" Hani smiled brightly at her customer who was reading the menu. 

"Hani, the food for table 12 is ready!" Someone in the kitchen shouted. 

"Yes, coming," she replied as she quickly jotted down her customer's orders and hurried over to the counter to get the food.  

It was a busy afternoon. Customers after customers came filling in the cafe. Being a final year university student while working part time as a waitress was quite hectic for the 23 years old. However, today in particular, despite her busy schedule, she seemed to be in a better mood than usual. She was beaming in joy and humming to herself the whole day. Her mind kept singing, tonight, after my work, I'm finally going to see Jae Hwan!

"What are you doing?" A voice filled with irritation called out. Hani who was about to take off her red apron immediately turned to see a lady in her late 40s glaring at her. "Already leaving?" The lady asked in disbelief. "It's only 5 pm. You do know that our cafe closes at 8 pm right?" 

"Yes boss, I know but last week, I have already informed you that I will be leaving earlier as I have plans tonight", Hani answered politely and patiently. 

"Last week?" The lady boss frowned trying hard to retrace her memory. "How am I supposed to remember something that happened a week ago? I'm afraid I can't let you go now. We still have many customers coming in. Besides, I have a party to attend which means you have to stay here to look after the shop."

"But..."

"No buts," she cut her off immediately. With a stern face, she continued, "You can choose to leave now but don't even think of coming back. Or, you can stay here till 8 pm and I'll pay you extra. Your choice."

Hani knew that she could not afford to lose her part time job. She had bills to pay but not leaving now also meant that she could miss her only chance of seeing Jae Hwan. 

The lady boss could feel that Hani was in a dilemma; hence she added, "If by luck there's no customer, you may close the shop earlier and leave to wherever you plan to go."

Hani thought for a moment and took a deep breath. "I'll stay," she replied quietly. 

"Smart choice," the lady said with a grin on her face as she walked out of the cafe leaving Hani to deal with the customers alone. 

By the time the last customer left the cafe, it was already 7.50 pm. Hani quickly cleaned the tables, arranged the chairs properly before she grabbed her belongings and dashed out of the door. 

"Taxi!" She called out desperately. "I would like to go to Chungmu Art Hall please," she said hurriedly as soon as she got into the car. 

"Sure," the taxi driver replied. 

"Thank you!" Hani finally let out a breath of relief as she leaned against the car seat. I'll be able to see him soon, she thought hopefully. 

Hani took out a ticket from her bag. The word 'Cinderella' was printed on it. A smile spread across her face as she remembered how excited she was when she saw an article about Jae Hwan. The title captured her attention right away. 

VIXX's Ken will be playing the lead role of the prince in the upcoming musical ‘Cinderella’. 

Hani glanced at her watch and it read 8.25 pm. The musical was supposed to start at 8 pm. She's late. 

It's okay, as long as the musical is not over, I'll still have the chance to get a glimpse of him. Hani reassured herself. I'll be there in no time. 

Unfortunately, things did not go as planned. The traffic was terrible. The sound of honking filled the air as the vehicles crawled slowly like snails. Hani began to feel anxious as she looked out of the car window. Her heart started to pound. It was already 9.20 pm. Forty more minutes till the end of the musical, and here she was, still stuck in a jam. 

To make matters worse, it began to rain. At first, she could only hear a few drops of rain dripping on top of the car roof but soon, it started pouring heavily. The road was congested making it hard for the vehicles to move at all. Hani stared out the window once more and could see Chungmu Art Hall in the near distance. Her watch was now showing 9.35 pm. Twenty-five more mins! Without any hesitation, she took out her money and gave it to the taxi driver before she pulled out an umbrella from her bag and got out of the car running while fidgeting to get the umbrella to open up. In the midst of opening it, she accidentally broke her only tool to keep her sheltered from the rain. She looked at her broken umbrella in dismay as she stuffed it back into her bag and carried on running with her hands above her head. 

When she reached the building, she was completely drenched. She ran up to the grand theater as fast as she could but came to an abrupt stop. A man wearing a t-shirt that had 'crew member' printed across it, stood in front of her blocking her way.

"I'm sorry miss, you are not allowed to enter the theater now. There's only ten more minutes left till the musical ends," he said apologetically. 

"Oh please, let me in. I promise I won't make a noise or cause any disruption." Her eyes were glistening as she pleaded desperately but it all went in vain. 

Hani had no choice but to stand outside the theater with her arms wrapping around herself to keep her from shivering. She could hear the sound of music coming from the theater, followed by a loud cheer and applause. The musical had ended along with her only hope to see her long-lost friend. 

The doors of the theater were finally opened and many people were coming out. Instantly, the hall was filled with the noise of chattering. Hani squeezed through the crowd. At last, she managed to step into the theater but found herself alone. She stared at the empty stage below. Her eyes were red and watery. Within seconds, tears began to flow as she made her way towards the stage, the stage where Jae Hwan was just there a few minutes ago. Her vision became blurry with tears. While she was rubbing her eyes to keep them dry, she missed a step, tripped and tumbled down the flight of stairs. Hani whined in pain as she held onto her wounded foot and came to a realization that one of her shoes was missing. 

"Damn it!" She grumbled. 

Hani turned her head and caught sight of her missing shoe lying on the stairs above her. The moment she wanted to get up, someone dressed in ancient European royal clothing appeared before her eyes. He bent down and picked up her shoe. 

"Is this yours? Are you okay?" A familiar voice asked in concern. 

Without looking up at the person's face, she knew who that voice belonged to. 

It's him, she thought as her heart started beating rapidly. 

She looked down at herself. Her clothes were damp, her hair was a mess, and she was still wearing her thick black square frame glasses. She came all the way here without changing into a proper attire for the musical. Suddenly, she felt ashamed of herself. Instinctively, she turned her face away from him. 

Not now. I don't want you to see me like this, she thought as she quickly got on her feet to escape this embarrassing moment. Hopping on one foot, she tried her best to get away from him. 

"Wait!" Jae Hwan called out. "Your shoe!" He jogged towards her and held her arm to stop her. When he saw her wounded barefoot, he gasped, "You're bleeding." 

"I'm fine," Hani said immediately. Her face was still looking away.  

"Hani?" Jae Hwan recognized her voice. He turned to face her directly. 

Hani was looking down now, but it was hard to avoid his intense stare when he was just standing right in front of her. Summoning her courage, she slowly lifted her head to meet his gaze.


 

*For those who don't know, Ken was really cast as the prince in the musical 'Cinderella' in 2015.*