"Ning Ning"

Closing the Gap Between Us

Related imageImage result for ken and hani gif holding hands

Use these to visualize the scenario below. This is how they looked in the scene.

 

"Jae Hwan-ah!" Hani shouted from afar as she walked towards him.

"Oh! Ning Ning," Jae Hwan immediately replied, knowing it's Hani's voice. As he caught sight of her, subconsciously, a smile crept across his face. "Annyeong, Ning Ning-ah," he said in a sweet tone.

Hani's heart skipped a beat at the moment when their eyes locked.

"Yah! Stop calling me that," she grumbled as she quickly looked away, feeling shy all of a sudden. Even though deep down, she felt warm and fuzzy listening to his gentle voice calling her by that nickname, she always pushed that feeling aside.

We're just friends, she reminded herself. 

Hani and Jae Hwan had been close friends since middle school. They were always together but never crossed the line. It seemed that there's always a gap between them.

"But, you are Ning Ning!" Jae Hwan pouted. "Or should I call you 'honey'? Get it? Hani equals honey." He laughed sheepishly at his own pun.

"Pabo," Hani said. She could not help but chuckled at his cuteness. He's already at the age of 19 but still acted like a child. "So, why did you ask me out?" she asked, changing the topic.

"I would like to bring you to a beautiful place that I've just discovered."

"Where?"

"It's a secret. Just follow me," he answered mischievously.


 

*For those who don't know, in real life, Ken really calls her by that nick name, "Ning Ning".*

Here is the link to the video of him calling her "Ning Ning". - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWhV1wikhaU