Secret Garden

Closing the Gap Between Us

 

Related image

Use this picture the visualize the scenario below.

 

"Don't open your eyes," Jae Hwan said.

"Okay, okay, I won't peek." Hani giggled. "But, how am I supposed to walk if I can't see?"

"I will guide you, don't worry," he reassured her as he took her arm, gently pulled her towards him and held her hand against his.

Hani was taken aback when she felt a warm grip on her hand. She could feel her heart fluttering and her face flushing.

His hand is so warm and comforting, she thought.

Jae Hwan could not suppress his smile when he realised how their hands fitted perfectly together. He tightened his grip and led the way.

After a moment, he stopped walking and slowly let go of her hand. Hani could still feel the heat of his palm lingering in hers.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now," he said.

"Wow! So pretty," she exclaimed as her eyes shone with excitement at the sight of the beautiful scenery. "Is this a secret garden? I can't believe there's a place like this."

It almost felt as if they had entered into a different world where they were surrounded by various types of plants. The breeze blew softly as the scent of flowers filled the air while birds were flying around the trees, tweeting and chirping merrily. All was serene and tranquil. The two of them were walking through the flowery path, listening to the music of nature.

"Hani?" Jae Hwan broke the silence as he turned to face her.

"Yeah?" 

"There's something that I've always wanted to tell you... But, I did not know when or how. I guess I just did not have the courage to do so." He stopped for a moment, held both of her hands and looked into her eyes. His heart was pounding loudly.

This is it. This is the moment, my only chance to tell her how I truly feel before I become a trainee in Jellyfish Entertainment, he thought.

"I like you." As soon as those three words came out from his mouth, she froze.

So many queries were going on in her mind. What did he just say? Is he confessing to me? What's happening?  

Seeing her reaction, he cleared his throat to ease his nerves. Maybe she did not hear what I've said.

"Hani, I like you, more than a friend," he spoke a little louder bringing her back to her senses.

She looked up and saw his serious face waiting patiently and nervously for her reply.

" I like you too," she said and felt as if something heavy had been lifted off her. She had been pushing her feelings away for so long. Finally, she was able to be honest to him and to herself.

A huge smile was formed on his face as he pulled her into his warm embrace and planted a kiss on her cheek.