chapter11

All in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongdae wake up we’ll be late.” Yixing whispered as he shook his boyfriend’s shoulder gently. The younger only whined and turned over the other side stubbornly. The older laughed softly at this. He leaned over him. “Come on, Tao will be here to take us to the airport soon.” He whispered but only received another whine. “Noooo,” the younger kept on groaning. Today was the day where they were going to go for their week-long vacation.

Yixing leaned closer and brushed his lips slowly on Jongdae’s ear.

“That tickles hyung.”

“So you wanna miss out on the cuddles, the kisses, the walks …the hmm?” At that, the younger’s eyes snapped open and he pushed the other away from him, practically running to the bathroom. “I’m bathing now,” he yelled out making the dancer laugh.

 

Sometime later, they were done and on cue, there was a knock on the door. Jongdae rushed to open it, revealing Tao. He was wearing sunglasses so early in the morning. “Morning guys, hope you are done.” He said as he stepped inside. The couple didn’t answer but instead chose to observe him. Tao sounded hoarse and tired. Jongdae walked quickly to him and yanked the glasses from the younger’s face so as to confirm his suspicions. He and Yixing gasped softly as they took in the swollen blood shot puffy eyes which were a clear indication that he had been crying before. “Aww my poor baby,” Jongdae cooed as he took in Tao for a hug.

“Oh Tao.” Yixing whispered as he felt concerned for his friend’s condition. The couple had a clue on why their oldest maknae had seemingly cried himself to sleep. The wushu expert forced a smile over Jongdae’s shoulder. “Don’t worry Ge, I’ll fill you in when we are in the car, speaking of which,” he pulled away from the hug, “We are going to be late and you’ll miss your flight.” Without waiting for an answer, he picked up a bag and headed outside, leaving the older ones to exchange meaningful looks.

Later, they had settled in the car, with Tao putting his shades on again. The youngest of the three could see his hyungs giving him worried looks in the rearview mirror, neither of the two had fought for shotgun  so that the youngest of the three could have his own breathing space. He sighed; knowing that in no time Jongdae would start pestering him about the issue. He told them about what had happened with him and Kyungsoo ending with a teary, “I forced myself on him, it’s like I almost him.”

“No no Tao, you were never going to him even if you were drunk.”Yixing said softly, heart aching for his best friend.

“Yeah, Soo wouldn’t let you anyways plus was he angry with what you did?” Jongdae asked. Tao shook his head. “No, he forgave me right away saying it wasn’t my fault.”

“See. That means you shouldn’t beat yourself about it ok, in the meantime let’s look for ways we can convince Soo to take a chance with you.” The vocal coach said confidently. They had now reached the airport.

“I don’t think anything will work on him, he’s too stubborn.”Tao said as he looked for a parking spot.

“I’m pretty sure in time Kyungsoo will have the strength to let go of his fears, don’t give up on him, prove it to him that you are worthy of his heart and time, please.” Yixing begged.

Tao nodded. “I’ll try but no promises.” Kyungsoo had made it loud and clear that he wasn’t interested in relationships. With that he parked the car and got out to get the bags from the boot. When the couple got out and made to help with the bags they were met with 9 familiar faces. “Well what are you idiots doing here?” Jongdae asked with a raised eyebrow, though fondness was evident.

“I was expecting an oh guys thank you not this.” Chanyeol said teasingly.

 “And don’t forget amongst these ‘idiots’ there are people older than you, young man.” Luhan said pointing a finger at Jongdae.

“You think he doesn’t know that.” Yixing said with a laugh making Luhan scoff. “Look at your kids Suho and Kris, no respect at all.”

“This mini vacation will make them earn more manners, don’t worry.” Junmyeon said with a sweet smile.

“More you mean.” Kris said with a poorly disguised cough making the others, even Yixing and Jongdae laugh.

“Well I would’ve hit you hyung for saying that but you might be right, who knows if we’ll ever get out of bed.” Jongdae said cheekily. “Will you look at him, so shameless.” Baekhyun whined as the others gagged in the background “You are crazy.”Yixing kissed his boyfriend’s cheek.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat. “Anyway we came to personally see you off, we hope this trip makes your relationship stronger than ever before.”

“Yeah you guys deserve this; it was hard to watch you suffer before, especially Chennie hyung.”Jongin said with a gentle smile.

Jongdae and Yixing were deeply touched by this. “Thank you guys so much.”

A sleepy Sehun just walked to them and pulled them in a hug. “I’m gonna miss you, bring me gifts.” The other two maknaes joined the hug before parting. Everyone came to them to give them hugs. Just then their flight was announced and they had to go.

The remaining ten watched as the couple disappeared from their view. “Let’s go.” Minseok said – the others only hummed in approval and walked to their cars. Kyungsoo walked in line with Tao. “Um hie.” He pretended that their friends were not eavesdropping. Tao glanced at him quickly and looked down. “Hie.” He simply answered, shoving his hands deep in his jean pockets. “Why are you wearing those shades, I mean you never do this in the morning.” The asked, trying to make conversation. It was when the younger looked aside that he started getting suspicious. He went to stand in front of the taller catching him off guard – he used that moment to stand on his tiptoes and remove the glasses from Tao’s face. What he saw made him feel like a monster. He put them in his own pocket then gently cupped the younger’s face in his hands. “Oh Tao I’m sorry. This is all my fault, why am I like this?” Tao only shook his head. “No it’s my fault. I forced myself on you.”

The chef’s face grew more serious. “No, that wasn’t your fault. You were just drunk and bitter which is also my fault. You couldn’t have gone through with forcing yourself on me anyway. I’m sorry for hurting you.” He wrapped his arms around the Chinese male not acknowledging that Tao’s arms were just hanging limply by his sides. Tao wanted so badly to hug him back and never let him out of his sight but he knew he would hurt himself more if he did that. “It’s ok hyung, after all you do not force yourself to like someone.”

Kyungsoo opened his mouth instantly “Tao, – ” but he was cut off as the taller walked to his car. “Bye guys.” He said then drove off.

The shorter felt a comforting arm rest on his shoulder. He looked to see Junmyeon giving him a soft look as if to say ‘it’s going to be all fine.’ Somehow he found himself believing him. He could feel some glances from his friends and he knew they were worried about Tao and him. Though Kris and Junmyeon had their own issues troubling them, they went out of their way to check if they were fine and he was moved by that but sometimes he wished they were not like that.

He quickly walked to his car and drove away, leaving his concerned friends. The remaining guys just stared at each other and shrugged. “Well that was…..” Chanyeol said. The others hummed in agreement. “See you guys.” Minseok said as he, Luhan and Sehun started walking to the Lu’s car.  The couple had picked the maknae from his apartment themselves (even if he had his own car) since they knew if they had left him to come alone he would delay.

Sehun stepped towards Jongin, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. “Umm Jongin, I will be- I mean see you there -  I mean class. Umm bye.” The others looked on with amused expressions but were shocked to see a bright blush on Jongin’s face. “Umm yeah Sehun, I – I’ll see you , y – yeah.” They both moved as if they wanted to kiss but drew back shyly. What the hell was going on!!! The others wondered. The two opened their mouths as if they wanted to say something but closed them instantly. Sehun speed walked to the Lu’s car and Jongin walked to Chanyeol’s car. The Chanbaek couple had picked him up also. The friends found themselves exchanging shocked but amused looks for they now had a clue on what was happening. “Gotta drive our shy baby home. See you guys.” Luhan said as he walked hand in hand with Minseok to the car. “What he said.” Baekhyun said as he and Chanyeol walked to theirs, also hand in hand.

They looked at Kris and Junmyeon worriedly then drove off. The EXO ‘parents’ just watched their ‘children’ drive off. Junmyeon shrugged then walked to his car but a hand on his wrist stopped him. He turned to face Kris who looked shy all of a sudden. “What do you want, Yifan, I need to leave.” The pediatrician said hurriedly, mainly because the taller’s looks were lowkey making his heartbeat quicken.

Kris opened his mouth. There was so much he needed to say but no words were coming out. Junmyeon got impatient and pushed him away then got in his car leaving behind a hurt Kris.

 

                                               ******

“What was that Sehun? We know you are shy around Jongin but not awkward. He seemed so awkward and shy, that was a first for Jongin.”Minseok mused as they drove to Sehun’s apartment to drop him off.

Sehun sighed but in the end chose to answer. “I don’t really know about Nini but as for me it’s silly don’t laugh. Well yesterday when he asked me to be his I was so happy and we were so caught up in releasing our pent up emotions by making out that we were never awkward.”

They sensed a ‘but’. “But?” Luhan said, not turning his eyes away from the road. “But when I woke up this morning my mind now registered that I was dating Jongin THE Jongin!!! My crush, my best friend. I now got confused like how are we supposed to act now. I really really like him guys and I don’t want to mess things up but what things do you do when you date your best friend, someone you already do everything with. Just ARGHH!!”

“No shouting in my car young man.” Luhan chastisized then continued. “Our guess was right, Minnie. Let me tell you something Sehunnie, when Minseok and I started dating we were the same way but the trick is, you just behave normally. Now that Jonginnie is your boyfriend it doesn’t mean he’s no longer your best friend. Treat each other the way you always did plus with the kissing and increased intimacy.”

“Plus you always acted like a couple minus the kisses.” Minseok piped up.

Sehun nodded, taking in the new advice. “Ok behave normally, got it.” The couple just smiled.

“Fighting Sehun!!!”

    

 

                                              *********

“So young man, care to tell us how the awkward Jongin was born?” Chanyeol asked, eyes still on the road. Baekhyun laughed, remembering the previous incident. “Man I swear I’ve never seen you like that. Should have guessed that only Sehun had the ability to do that to you. So care to tell us what’s up?”

Jongin only sighed. “Yesterday when Hunnie and I confessed ,we were so caught up in our feelings that we didn’t think of anything else.”

“But?” Baekhyun prompted.

“But when I woke up this mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter